Author Topic: Sold my drum gear, to buy a car, to get to work, to buy more gear...  (Read 2498 times)

Bearblastbeats

Oh, the pangs of being a musician.

Unfortunately I had severe car problems resulting in me having to sell off my brand new Yamaha stage custom :/

I then also had to sell off all my pedals, stands, and cymbals. :(

Good thing I still have my Luddie. (rare, vintage Ludwig given to me by my father) :)

But nothing to play it with. :(

At least my new-to-me 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i was a solid deal.

So then, I called the shop and since I've been doing business with them since they opened they agreed to sell me back all my gear only at 10% if i do it within 30 days.

Fortunately I'm selling my Jeep for $500 this weekend to try and rebuild my kit.

so THAT'S cool!

sloof70

• Stubble
Re: Sold my drum gear, to buy a car, to get to work, to buy more gear...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:09:07 PM »
Ahhh, Mustachian Musician.  All the frugality, none of the wealth.  Godspeed, bro!

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 03:19:42 PM »
Congratulations on having the resourcefulness to get past this crisis!  Now you can kick the frugality and the savings up a notch and keep yourself from getting into another cliffhanger.

Sebastian

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:39 AM »
what kind of pedals did you have? i really would like some new kicks myself. rocking some old crappy jr. iron cobras... they are terrible lol but i can kinda get some speed on them once in a while. i'm still trying to decide between some new double kicks axis longboard or demon drives are the two that everyone seems to rave about, both coming in at a cool 500-600 bucks :( i want to try them both out first before I spend that much money!

what i've been doing is selling a bunch of crap in my place .. xbox.. old guitar i never used.. i have a couple hundred bucks so far. i'm trying to do some web development on the side.. basically the only way i'm buying these pedals is through side money, but god i want them so bad! my current kicks are really bottlenecking me when i'm trying to get into the faster speed metal :(

Bearblastbeats

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »
I've been using the DW5000 series for a long while now.. I really like them and how I can adjust the weights (or take them off completely like i did).

I've never tried any of those pedals you mentioned but the best thing to do is see if a local music shop could order them for you and try them out.

Sebastian

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
yeah i tried doing that. the only store that came close to any decent pedals was guitar center (go figure huh? lol) they had dw 9000s they were pretty slick, but i still wanna try the two i mentioned before i spend that kinda money. bah! first world problems i guess