Author Topic: Shopping at Aldi's  (Read 165289 times)

DaMa

• Pencil Stache
Re: Shopping at Aldi's
« Reply #500 on: June 10, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
I've almost bought the Tikka Masala sauce so many times.  Would someone post how they prepare it?  How much chicken, how you cook it, etc?  I would really appreciate it.  Love the idea of serving over cauliflower!

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #501 on: June 10, 2018, 01:05:48 PM »
I've almost bought the Tikka Masala sauce so many times.  Would someone post how they prepare it?  How much chicken, how you cook it, etc?  I would really appreciate it.  Love the idea of serving over cauliflower!

I keep the sauces on hand for days I don't feel like cooking anything fancy. I'll cook up some brown rice or cauliflower rice, then add in some cut up chicken (either leftovers from previous chicken meals or canned) I usually do a bag of steamed veggies (cali blend, or broccoli/cauli) according to directions, then dump that into the rice/chicken mix. Then I dump in the jar of Tikka sauce and add about a quarter cup of water to swish around to get every last bit of sauce out of the jar (sometimes I'll use a half cup of coconut milk if I have some to use up), either heat on low on stovetop or if microwave safe dish, nuke it covered for about 2 minutes. Stir, make sure there's no hot/cold spots and eat. I tend to add in extra spices but it's pretty good for a jarred sauce as far as a quick meal.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:48:23 AM by Frankies Girl »

JanetJackson

• Pencil Stache
    • How I actually made $50 just for taking a survey and being in the healthcare marketplace
« Reply #502 on: June 12, 2018, 09:41:46 AM »
I use it like a pizza sauce on top of their soft corn taco shells.  I'll put the sauce on the shells, dice up some veggies (you could add meat too) to throw on top, and maybe add some cheese. 4 of them at 415-425 degrees for ten minutes and I've got dinner.
I also bake garbanzo beans until they're crunchy, then add a bunch of veggies I've simmered up in a pan and toss them with the sauce and sometimes cubed crispy salmon.  So good.
It's honestly the best Tikka Masala in a jar that I've ever had.  I tried some from Kroger not too long ago and it was SO GROSS.

Bucksandreds

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #503 on: June 12, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »
Tikka Masala at Aldi's tastes like it was freshly made at an Indian restaurant. I cook chicken breast, cut it into bite size pieces, mix it with the sauce and add sautéed onions and peppers and pour that over rice.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #504 on: June 12, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »
My SO Qlready make her own Tikka masala from scratch and you guys are tempting me here. Only problem for me is we cook like 5 lbs of chicken at a time so probably not that economical...

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #505 on: June 12, 2018, 02:17:27 PM »
Glad to hear so many of you like Aldi's. I have been in ours maybe 6-7 times and picked up odds and ends. However, I can't feel the love a lot of you find there! I bought some meat that kind of looked like bacon wrapped filet mignon and it was worse than shoe leather. There is no butcher in the store and the fresh veggies are often picked over and what is left looks limp. I don't buy any sweetened cereals or cookies. What products do you buy that you swear by?

I bought those things from another grocery store and they were terrible there as well. Almost smelled spoiled but they were within the sell by date. I wonder if they use that meat glue. In fact I've never had a good steak from one of those individually sealed plastic packs. I think they use the packaging to hold it together so that it looks like a shapely steak when it's really just meat scraps.

Timing is everything on the vegetables, go first thing in the morning.

SwitchActiveDWG

• Stubble
« Reply #506 on: June 12, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
The Tikka Masala sauce at Aldi is the best from the jar Tikka sauce I've had. Great way to put over chicken and sautéed vegetables for a quick dinner.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #507 on: June 12, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
Glad to hear so many of you like Aldi's. I have been in ours maybe 6-7 times and picked up odds and ends. However, I can't feel the love a lot of you find there! I bought some meat that kind of looked like bacon wrapped filet mignon and it was worse than shoe leather. There is no butcher in the store and the fresh veggies are often picked over and what is left looks limp. I don't buy any sweetened cereals or cookies. What products do you buy that you swear by?

I bought those things from another grocery store and they were terrible there as well. Almost smelled spoiled but they were within the sell by date. I wonder if they use that meat glue. In fact I've never had a good steak from one of those individually sealed plastic packs. I think they use the packaging to hold it together so that it looks like a shapely steak when it's really just meat scraps.

Timing is everything on the vegetables, go first thing in the morning.

I go first thing Saturday morning, and my Aldi has nice produce than the expensive grocery store.

We don't buy a ton of meat, but the ground beef and the frozen chicken tenders (which we grill) have been fine.

slughorn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #508 on: June 17, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »
I get cold cuts (honey ham $3.19/lb), cheeses ($1.99/8oz), mixed greens ($.89/package)

Then they rotate a "produce of the week" which can be a great deal. I usually stock up on one or two of those items. Last week it was sweet corn @ $.15/ear, this week 16oz strawberries for $.99, etc.

When we moved out of the Midwest, I actually had dreams about Aldi.
This week, at our Kroger, I've paid $2/lb for strawberries, $.40/ear for sweet corn -- and mixed greens are $3 for a small package. No Aldi in my area.

And the Kroger here carries those bacon-wrapped filets.  They're awful, even at the higher price point.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:40:19 PM by slughorn »

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #509 on: June 17, 2018, 05:51:12 PM »
If you have a baby, the little puffs and yogurt bites are way cheaper at Aldi than the Gerber brand available elsewhere.  I think Gerber is normally $2.49 or $2.99 (for one freaking ounce), and it was $1.39 at Aldi.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
Today’s Aldi stop: I spent $22.99 on a pack of bratwurst sausages, a quart of half-and-half, several pounds of yellow onions, a bunch of celery, a can of stewed tomatoes, a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, a bottle of dry rosé wine, and a six-pack of hard cider. The booze alone would have been almost as much at another grocery store.

CheapScholar

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2018, 07:35:11 PM »
So, a few months ago I purchased a deep fryer from Aldi for $14.99.  It has since proved to be both the best AND worst decision of my life.  The fryer works surprisingly well.  I think Aldi does push some crappy products sometimes, but the fryer heats up fast and does the job.

Since my purchase I've been making French fries nearly every weekend (hell, a bag of potatoes is so cheap at Aldi and then I feel obligated to eat them all) and made onion rings finally this weekend (using cheap eggs from Aldi and homemade bread crumbs from their cheap bread).  I've tried pricing out what it costs me to make a batch of fries but honestly it's so fucking cheap, what's the point? Best I can tell each batch costs maybe ten or fifteen cents?  So I guess I'm indefinitely eating French fries and onion rings every weekend and drinking Aldi Winking Owl Merlot and Pinot Grigio for the rest of my life.  Thanks, Aldi!  My health will suffer but it tastes so fucking good!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #512 on: June 18, 2018, 03:54:55 AM »
I'm in CT and Our Aldi does not sell booze.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #513 on: June 18, 2018, 04:55:48 AM »
I'm in CT and Our Aldi does not sell booze.

I'm in Ohio, and some Aldi stores have booze, but alas, mine does not. (Liquor licenses have to be voted on.)

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #514 on: June 18, 2018, 06:58:06 AM »
If you have a baby, the little puffs and yogurt bites are way cheaper at Aldi than the Gerber brand available elsewhere.  I think Gerber is normally $2.49 or $2.99 (for one freaking ounce), and it was $1.39 at Aldi.

Also their baby food pouches. They beat every other brand I've seen at only 79 cents a pouch.  Even Plum Organics at Costco, which only gets you two flavors.  I like that I can get 12 different flavors at Aldi.  (Our daughter doesn't eat much "baby food" but it's nice to have on hand when she is still hungry after we've exhausted all easy to chew real food options.)

narrative

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #515 on: June 18, 2018, 08:51:05 AM »

When we moved out of the Midwest, I actually had dreams about Aldi.

Ditto this. We moved to CO last fall and I miss Aldi SO much. The same items, mostly generic, at King Soops cost us about $100 more per month.

Aldi was really the only place we needed to grocery shop. We loved Aldi brands and found almost everything to be as good or better than other name brands and we spent wayyyy less. I never had any issues with produce going bad prematurely like some have mentioned. It may have helped that my Aldi was *always* busy so that particular store seemed to have good turnover.

I also loved the lack of brand choices. Ha. Maybe it's just my ADD but I struggle at King Soopers having to choose between 17 brands of Olive Oil or whatever, having to compare price, size, quality, etc. It was so much easier without the choice. But I get that that isn't for everyone.

And that middle aisle of new housewares, etc every week... I probably spent more than I should have but we had good luck with things we got ($12 blender, small electric dril, lots of kitchen items) and if you watched each week you could catch things on clearance for even more savings.

Alas, we have no Aldi in CO. I have written them a few times practically begging for them to come here though so I guess one can always hope. Cherish your Adi, folks... :)

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #516 on: August 10, 2018, 08:30:59 AM »
https://clark.com/news/aldi-new-items-2018-expansion/

Aldi will soon be adding these items
Organic chicken breasts
Marinated cilantro lime chicken breasts
Veggie noodles
Ready-to-eat sliced fruits, such as mango, pineapple and watermelon spears
Kale and quinoa crunch burgers
Chickenless patties and tenders
Single-serve guacamole
Organic hummus
Fresh fruit and vegetable snack packs
Organic salsa
Antipasti salad
Gourmet olives
Calzones
Strawberry kefir
Kombucha
Quinoa bowls
Premium pasta sauces
Meatless hot dogs and sausages
White and whole wheat pita breads
Sourdough loaves
Gluten-free bagels
Private-label milk alternatives (coconut, almond, soy)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:32:58 AM by HipGnosis »

Mgmny

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #517 on: August 10, 2018, 08:36:12 AM »

Organic chicken breasts
Veggie noodles
Single-serve guacamole
Organic hummus
Organic salsa
Antipasti salad
Gourmet olives
Calzones
Strawberry kefir
Kombucha
Quinoa bowls
Premium pasta sauces
Sourdough loaves
Gluten-free bagels

I saw that! My only concern/hope is that they are still committed to ultra-low prices, and the move into this vegetarian / vegan space, they don't jack up pricing on everything else.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #518 on: August 10, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »

Organic chicken breasts
Veggie noodles
Single-serve guacamole
Organic hummus
Organic salsa
Antipasti salad
Gourmet olives
Calzones
Strawberry kefir
Kombucha
Quinoa bowls
Premium pasta sauces
Sourdough loaves
Gluten-free bagels

I saw that! My only concern/hope is that they are still committed to ultra-low prices, and the move into this vegetarian / vegan space, they don't jack up pricing on everything else.

They didn't seem to jack up prices on other products when they expanded their gluten-free selection, which was encouraging. Personally, I'm hoping that "gourmet olives" means the really tasty jarred olives that they sold during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season 2 years ago but not last year. Those were so good that I gave them as gifts in food baskets.

beer-man

• Stubble
« Reply #519 on: August 10, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
Huge Aldis fan here! I can’t spend more than $100 there even with getting meat/chicken for the week.
 There is one going in 1 mike from my house too, super excited to bike there....and maybe a good side job to downshift too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #520 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:28 AM »
They've had some of those things at least seasonally - I hope the fake chicken shows up more regularly!

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #521 on: August 10, 2018, 11:51:19 AM »
Recent disappointment with Aldi. Two products I frequently purchase there, both of which seemed to have declined dramatically in quality, to the point where I don't want them anymore.

Heavy whipping cream. The last few times I've bought it, the cream has been extremely thin -- almost like it was just plain whole milk, instead of actual heavy whipping cream.

Soy sauce. Something changed with how they're making it.  The bottle looks exactly the same, but the stuff inside is much lighter in color, and the flavor is missing much of the umami flavor you expect from soy sauce. It now seems more like it is just saltwater with some food coloring to make it appear darker.  Blech.
I recently looked closer at the bottles remaining in the store right now (to check if last time was just from a one-off "bad batch"), but nope, it still looks substandard.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #522 on: August 10, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »
Soy sauce. Something changed with how they're making it.

Which brand is that? Not Kikkoman I guess.

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #523 on: August 10, 2018, 05:42:48 PM »
No. I believe it is Aldi's private label brand, but the name eludes me right now. It's in a glass bottle with a red plastic cap.

Edit: I just checked and the brand is “Fusia”

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:21:10 PM by rantk81 »

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #524 on: August 12, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »

They used to have a sign in my store bragging that the Aldi brands were actually national brands relabeled (which makes sense, Aldi is not in the soy sauce business). I guess they switched their supplier.

Also, about the veggie noodles: Their spiralizer has been marked down to $7.99. It works GREAT, although kind of bulky for small kitchens. But if this is something you do often, worth a try.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »
I haven't noticed any difference in the soy sauce (we use the lower sodium version) but every once in a while they obviously change suppliers for various things. For a while the soy sauce was in plastic bottles and then it went back to glass.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #526 on: August 12, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »
I just made a dish consisting of heavy use of soy and had a brand new bottle bought last week (light/low sodium). It tasted fine. Was the glass bottle Fusia one tho, so if they switched, I hadn't noticed.

Y'all do know if you don't like something, you can return it no questions asked for a full refund, and exchange any store brand for a double back - get a free product replacement plus your money back? Best return policy out there actually. Won't help if they don't have an alternate or better choice, but if you know they carry the name brand or it just happens to be a bad batch, you can get the product for free essentially for your trouble.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #527 on: August 12, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »

They used to have a sign in my store bragging that the Aldi brands were actually national brands relabeled (which makes sense, Aldi is not in the soy sauce business). I guess they switched their supplier.

What is a national brand? I guess you don't mean government-issued ;)

Discounters like Aldi often have the same product as "big name brands" in their house brand. But more often it is produced in the same factory bit with (slightly) different ingredients or mixture. Cheaper.
And often several discounters get their basic stuff (like "their" Salami) from one and the same producer, and here also it may be the same stuff or slightly different.

For example there is a big (650g), cheap Salami that you can find in Aldi, Kaufland, Netto, LIDL and probably other places too. Seems to be always the same stuff, just with different package/name. (In part you know that because I have never seen a 650g one that is not store brand, and they all have exact same size.)

(Of course all German info, can't say for US)

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #528 on: August 12, 2018, 07:54:42 PM »
In the US national brand means recognizable brand name you can get anywhere across the nation. Like Coca Cola, Kellogs, etc

Mgmny

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #529 on: August 13, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »
Recent disappointment with Aldi. Two products I frequently purchase there, both of which seemed to have declined dramatically in quality, to the point where I don't want them anymore.

Heavy whipping cream. The last few times I've bought it, the cream has been extremely thin -- almost like it was just plain whole milk, instead of actual heavy whipping cream.

Soy sauce. Something changed with how they're making it.  The bottle looks exactly the same, but the stuff inside is much lighter in color, and the flavor is missing much of the umami flavor you expect from soy sauce. It now seems more like it is just saltwater with some food coloring to make it appear darker.  Blech.
I recently looked closer at the bottles remaining in the store right now (to check if last time was just from a one-off "bad batch"), but nope, it still looks substandard.

Heavy cream I purchased early last week for a pasta dish seemed normal.

Only difference in Soy Sauce I notice is low sodium vs regular. I can REALLY tell the difference there in unami flavor.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2018, 09:56:38 AM »
The stores are all laid out so the most shopped for items like milk bread and dairy are in the far corner of the store, thus making you walk thru the whole store to get to the two items you went in for. This multiplies the chances you will buy MORE items than you planned to get.

Our local big grocery store has smaller quantities bread and milk just beyond the cash registers for the quickie needs folks. And no, the price is the same - I thought of that. ;)

Milkshake

• Bristles
« Reply #531 on: August 15, 2018, 06:03:59 AM »
We love the Tikka Misala from Aldi! We keep a few jars on hand, because it's so easy. The recipe I made up usually goes something like this:

1.5lbs chicken breast (~2 breasts), cubed
2 medium red/yellow bell peppers (green works too, but not as authentic), cut into decent sized chunks (maybe 3/4" squares)
1 large onion, or 2 small onions, cut to same size as peppers
1 Tbs minced garlic *optional*
1 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
1 tsp salt or to taste
1-2 tsp ground ginger, to taste *optional*
1 Tbs peanut oil, enough to thoroughly coat your wok

Add oil to a large wok at medium-high heat.
Once heated, add chicken, salt, black pepper and garlic.
When the chicken is about halfway done cooking, add chopped onion and ginger.
When the chicken is done, add the chopped bell pepper.
Drain any remaining liquid out of the wok.
Continue cooking at medium/high heat for 2-3 more minutes.
Reduce heat to low, add Tikka Masala. Simmer for an additional 5-8 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Also have some white basmati rice cooking during all of this.

Makes 4-8 servings, depending on how hungry you are. Total time, 30 minutes, including prep time.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #532 on: August 15, 2018, 07:27:22 AM »
We also love the Tikka Misala.  We just pour it on steamed vegetables and white rice.

shunkman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #533 on: August 15, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »
Last week, for the first time, we found tofu at our local Aldi. We have not tried it yet.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #534 on: August 15, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »
The Aldi hummus and greek yogurt is good enough that I've stopped making my own most of the time. Our biggest disappointment is they changed suppliers for their [Ritz/Jatz] crackers so now they are consistently underbaked and shatter when you look at them.

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
« Reply #535 on: August 15, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »
Also, about the veggie noodles: Their spiralizer has been marked down to $7.99. It works GREAT, although kind of bulky for small kitchens. But if this is something you do often, worth a try.

Very yes to the spiralizer, or as we call it in our house now, the turnip twaddler. Picked it up for $6.99 figuring it was worth the risk at that price, and has quickly become one of the most used items in the kitchen. And we've actually discovered that turnips are amazing as a pasta substitute. Had it with pesto this evening, and the sauce stuck and wasn't near as watery as using spaghetti squash or zucchini spirals. Had an al dente quality to it. Kind of a life-changing moment for us, as we discovered an enjoyable purpose for turnips in our house that replaced a long missed thing.

coppertop

• Bristles
« Reply #536 on: August 18, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »
I'm annoyed that they haven't had the unsweetened vanilla almond milk in quite awhile.  They still have the "original," and they have the sweetened almond milk in vanilla.  This happens to me all the time at Aldi - items I consistently buy just disappear and often never return.  I found shelf-stable tofu a couple of years ago, but when it was gone, it never returned.  Vegan Italian sausages have disappeared now too. 

We do like the German-ground fair trade coffee and I hope that doesn't disappear from the shelves.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #537 on: August 18, 2018, 10:42:35 AM »
They had regular tofu in the cold case this morning! Very exciting, as we have to make a special trip for that. I hope they stock it regularly.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2018, 08:30:58 AM »
Finally, one is opening near me!  Happened by a 'Coming Soon' banner yesterday a 5 minute drive/bike ride away; previously one opened up about a 15-20 minute drive away a year or so ago, but that's further than we're willing to drive for regular grocery trips.  Might have to spend some time reading this thread to get some tips beyond the quarter/bring your own bags.  It looks like they now accept credit cards?

Turkey Leg

• Bristles
« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »
Finally, one is opening near me!  Happened by a 'Coming Soon' banner yesterday a 5 minute drive/bike ride away; previously one opened up about a 15-20 minute drive away a year or so ago, but that's further than we're willing to drive for regular grocery trips.  Might have to spend some time reading this thread to get some tips beyond the quarter/bring your own bags.  It looks like they now accept credit cards?
Yes on the credit cards. They do Apple Pay at my store, too.

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2018, 05:00:42 PM »
Hmmm.... Another thing I noticed during my last Aldi trip... Several items that I typically buy... were now in smaller packages with smaller amounts/weights... but for the same price as before.  Still a better deal than other stores, though.

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2018, 02:12:05 PM »

Very yes to the spiralizer, or as we call it in our house now, the turnip twaddler. Picked it up for $6.99 figuring it was worth the risk at that price, and has quickly become one of the most used items in the kitchen. And we've actually discovered that turnips are amazing as a pasta substitute. Had it with pesto this evening, and the sauce stuck and wasn't near as watery as using spaghetti squash or zucchini spirals. Had an al dente quality to it. Kind of a life-changing moment for us, as we discovered an enjoyable purpose for turnips in our house that replaced a long missed thing.

Well you all just have more fun than a tornado in a trailerpark up there in cow country, don't you IP? :-)

Shana Tova, friend.

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »

Well you all just have more fun than a tornado in a trailerpark up there in cow country, don't you IP? :-)

Shana Tova, friend.

Yup.

Shana tova umetuka, and gut yontiv.

frugalone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Single and Enjoying the FIRE
« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2018, 10:51:44 AM »
I just purchased a BEAUTIFUL Mum with Burgundy flowers on it for $3.99! 

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2018, 05:34:58 PM »
You were robbed! Mums are $2.99 at my Aldi!

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #545 on: September 26, 2018, 02:04:33 PM »

Go to the grand opening! They gave out a bunch of freebies at mine if you were in the first 100. I was, and it was awesome.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #546 on: September 26, 2018, 02:42:05 PM »
Yes to the freebies - all very useful stuff including a huge cloth Aldi shopping bag with a plastic insert to stabilize the wide bottom. Wasn't in the first 100 though:(
But, if I get a chance I'll try to go for the gift cards.

Returned a chainsaw some time back - no hassle at all. Instant money back.

I hope they have the same great bags of apples they had last year - it's the season for apple pie etc.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #547 on: September 26, 2018, 04:18:10 PM »
Our Aldi now requires a reciepts for returns. Which makes it slightly more of a pain.

They are starting curbside pickup. It better have a fee, as I don't want to pay the associated cost through an overall price rise.
They won't even bag, but now they'll.load your car for you without you getting out? It doesn't make sense

Wings5

• Stubble
« Reply #548 on: September 26, 2018, 04:36:08 PM »
Their Belgian beer is pretty good. I forget the name, but it doesn't matter. It's beer and it's good.

Lauran75

• Stubble
« Reply #549 on: September 27, 2018, 11:53:53 AM »
I'm annoyed that they haven't had the unsweetened vanilla almond milk in quite awhile.  They still have the "original," and they have the sweetened almond milk in vanilla.  This happens to me all the time at Aldi - items I consistently buy just disappear and often never return.  I found shelf-stable tofu a couple of years ago, but when it was gone, it never returned.  Vegan Italian sausages have disappeared now too. 

We do like the German-ground fair trade coffee and I hope that doesn't disappear from the shelves.

I find the opposite at my Aldi - I'm always looking for the unsweetened original almond milk - and they have anything but for weeks and weeks ... Anytime I see they have it, I pick up 2 or 3 of them to be safe.

Did your price go up? For a long time they were $1.99, but now they're $2.29

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!