Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 3317604 times)

Sweeney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2200 on: June 11, 2015, 06:37:49 AM »
Hi,
I'm Sweeney and I'm new to MMM. I'm mid 40's with 3 kids spread throughout high school down to kindergarten.
Moved to Des Moines about 2 years ago and the only remaining debt I have is a huge mortgage on the house.
I don't really see FIRE happening for me but I'm on the lookout for ideas and ways to cut expenses.

kraken7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2201 on: June 11, 2015, 05:03:55 PM »
Heya! Kraken here. I'm a Canadian heading into my third year of university.
No student debt, just got approved for a credit card, and with some google map usage have realized I can bus partway to school, bike the rest, and have the same transit time as just bussing. No more waiting for that damn transfer!
I've never been extravagant in my spending, but reading MMM has shown I can definitely do more.

Zee Mustard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2202 on: June 11, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »
Hi!  I'm Zee.  Longtime lurker/MMM reader, but still working on my 'stache growing skills.  Happy to be here.

moneywookiee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2203 on: June 12, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »
Hello everyone!

Been reading the Money Mustache bible in order to keep myself humble and gain investing tips.  I'm in my mid 30's living in Los Angeles.

eglyman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • https://paribus.co
    • Paribus
« Reply #2204 on: June 12, 2015, 04:06:26 PM »
Hi guys!

Long time reader, finally making the account :) 25. Have a mini beard -- nurturing things along until I get my real stache. 25 living in Brooklyn, NY. From Las Vegas originally. Here for the advice, laughs and contribute too when I can.

SilveradoBojangles

• Bristles
« Reply #2205 on: June 12, 2015, 05:03:02 PM »
Hi! I've been commenting here for a bit, but just saw this introduction thread for the first time, so I thought I would contribute. My husband and I are in our early 30s, no kids, and in various stages of PhD completion in quantitative fields, and I also work as a consultant. We live in an absurdly expensive but beautiful city, but we have been very good at keeping our expenses low. We are also lucky enough to have no debt, student or otherwise (because his grandparents paid for school and I paid my loans off already).

Our biggest spending vices are travel and good food. Luckily I love to cook and plan vacations, so I keep us on budget for the most part in those two arenas. While mustachianism comes natural to me, I never cared about money beyond having basic needs met because I didn't actually want very many things (I'm pretty happy with what I have). This blog has helped me understand that what I do want is freedom, and now my husband and I are willing to make some sacrifices to buy ourselves some.

Ramza Beoulve

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2206 on: June 13, 2015, 07:56:05 AM »
I'm age 28. I have a doctorate in pharmacy and a master's in healthcare informatics administration.

I'm still in that video game/technology stage of my life. My username is from my favorite video game of all time. My side projects are learning Japanese and web programming.

Steepslider

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • There is no such thing as a bad day of skiing.
« Reply #2207 on: June 13, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
Hello everyone.

I'm Fred and live in Vancouver, BC. 

Retired 4 years ago, am a CPA was a CFO for 20 of my 35 year career.  Currently a part-time ski instructor at Whistler (really started skiing at 53), tech scuba diver, and currently going full-frugal as I wait for my home to be built.  Living in a basement suite 5 minutes from my new place saving $750/month and working out more (bonus on a bonus).   No debts but I've made mistakes.  My drive, credentials and voodoo to keep pushing up the hill, with a smile, have never failed me.  I have a biz degree from SFU and U of Colorado at Denver (Masters while working full time).  I love Craigslist "Free Stuff" and giving away my good no-longer-used stuff to college students that need them (mtn bike, laptop, smack upside the head.... ).  I've been a health nut forever and one of my favourite health & fitness expert is Ben Greenfield (http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/).

FrzenStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2208 on: June 13, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

I first discovered MMM a year ago, and have been slowly transitioning towards a more frugal and self sufficient lifestyle.  Been steadily replacing mindless TV and gaming habits with more bike rides and DIY projects around the house.  Definitely made some progress, but still have a long way to go.

Digital Dogma

• Bristles
« Reply #2209 on: June 14, 2015, 08:41:32 AM »
Hello everyone!
I stumbled on this blog about 6 months ago and it clicked with many of the same life lessons that my father instilled in me from a young age. These lessons were re-enforced with my first job opportunity as a dog sitter at a young age, where most of my profits were converted into shares of index funds and forgotten about (by me...) in the middle to late 90s when the stock market was doing well. Fast foward a few years later when I own my first hand me down jeep, working low wage jobs on weekends for gas money, and facing a couple thousand dollars of insurance bills, Im up against the wall and thinking about asking my parents for a small loan.
Surprisingly I rediscovered that my past self issued me a loan using long forgotten effort which had grown to a sum that would keep me on the road for another year or two through the later half of highschool. Not only did I successfully avoid debt, but I was shown solid proof that delayed gratification can reap a reward worth waiting for.

Ive been a big Clark Howard fan for years as well, and I see a lot of the same intelligent analysis of how to most efficiently spend/save money and how to build wealth in the MMM community.

Clark, however, is such a nice guy hes not willing to lay out the gritty, ugly truth about human nature, conspicuous consumption, self-defeating weakness, and the simple fact that we all suck. And we need to train ourselves to be badasses.

So thank you for saying what we all suspect about ourselves when we are alone and our ego is taking a quick nap from defending every poor decision our lizard brain has convinced us was necessary.

Ive had a slow change in attitude in the last few months. Overtime used to be a trigger for a crappy weekend, now it brings the promise of working a day now to shave off a month of work on the back end of my career. Im currently wrapping up a 5 week period of working 7 days a week, 20 hours of overtime a week, maximizing my income while the opportunity is here. Its been the kick in the ass I needed to make my own brown bag lunches every day instead of eating at the cafeteria.

Ive cut my cable bill, cut my cellphone bill, cut my internet bill, reduced my grocery bill substantially, limited restaurant spending, made it a goal to use my costco membership far more often, expanded my cooking ability beyond the couple dozen dishes Ive always made, and increased my money market account balance while I dollar cost average my way to a million dollars.

I plan on reaching my goal in 10 years, currently 12% of the way there, and in no rush at all since Im enjoying the ride.

Please excuse any spelling errors, I have fat thumbs and Im using a cellphone to type with (which blows my mind after growing up in the 90s).

trebec

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2210 on: June 14, 2015, 09:11:04 PM »
Im Alex and I found this before it's too late to make a change. I have started with as many changes as I can and am at least temporarily stuck with some past bad decisions related to vehicle purchases. I have however picked up a bicycle last week and rode 4 out of 5 days to work saving gas and getting a whole lot more exercise in the process. Glad to be here and learn the pursuit of FIRE. Thanks for having me.

sana09

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2211 on: June 14, 2015, 09:57:08 PM »
Hello everyone.

I'm sana and live in japan.

รวดเร็วก่อนใคร ระดับคุณภาพเรื่องฟุตบอล ได้ที่นี่ ฟุตบอลสด

OttoVonBisquick

• Stubble
  • Eisen und Blut und Pfannkuchen
« Reply #2212 on: June 14, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
Hey there! I've only posted a few other times, but I'm loving this community already! I didn't know it, but after a week straight of poring over MMM posts and other finance blogs, I've realized that I'm really into personal finance (shocker, liking learning to manage money to become wealthier?!)

Anyways, I've posted a thread about my current financial and living situation here:
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/ask-a-mustachian/case-study-yuppie-denver-living-38791/msg696377/#msg696377

So feel free to comment on that, and I really look forward to meeting/talking to everyone!

Panchos

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2213 on: June 15, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »
Hi all, I'm Tim. I'm a 29 year old fire/medic. I found this site last summer and just recently got into the forums. My wife and I have always been financially smart, but this site kicks that mindset into high gear. I've always had a goal of being retired by 40 since I was in high school. I'm hoping to meet that or even knock off a few years.

A little about me.... I've been married to my wife for 8 years. We have three kids ranging from 4 to 5 months. I currently work full-time as a fire/medic with a part-time fire/medic job. I dabble on craigslist and flip various items at times. I enjoy being with my family and the outdoors (especially skiing and being on the water).

I'm interested in entrepreneurship, rental properties, and am always looking to learn more about stocks. Would love to connect with a great mentor on any of these subjects.

gman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2214 on: June 15, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »
Hi I'm Gerard.  I am 55 years old and I just retired FI from my job as a computer systems administrator for the State of Wisconsin in May. I have been reading MMM for the last 5 months and have found my home with like minded persons. In the past I followed financial advice from Suze Orman and then Dave Ramsey  but after reading MMM have corrected some things :-)

weseh

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2215 on: June 17, 2015, 09:46:51 AM »
Hi all! I'm weseh. I have always had very Mustachian tendencies (cloth diaper, hanging laundry, biking, generally reducing waste) but something always seems to happen and I get caught up on the big stuff (we have way too much house and live in a HCOLA). I have 2 little kids, 2 dogs, and a husband. I've been reading MMM from the beginning to get myself motivated to cut more waste!

kofasetic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2216 on: June 17, 2015, 10:13:31 AM »
Hey Hey!!!
Been navigating the site for quite some time and finally decided to make a commitment

I own and operate a fitness studio in the lower westchester region of NY
At a crossroads regarding keeping studio or returning to employment.
Have tested the job market to discover what managerial positions are available which my skill level would be congruent and have been to several interviews with one offer and one no-go. (Salary was the issue in the offer. Not fair market value. Other, company, over-qualified)
Anyway, absolutely love the info here!!!

Scarvey

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2217 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:56 PM »
Good day All,

My name is Scott Harvey, living in Alberta Canada. I have been reading MMM for about 6 months and have made some changes to work towards a better life. I am married with a just about 2 yr old and #2 brewing. We spend to much money but are slowly working are way towards financial independence.

Just read the book (by MMM recomendation) "A Guide to The Good Life"  which has turned a new light on life for myself. Great read and easy life advice.

I look forward to reading and getting to know some on here, after I finally get through the post!

Scott

ohnmur

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2218 on: June 19, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »
I'm John, 59 year-old UNIX sysadmin, newly retired in Berkeley, CA, USA.  Thanks Mrs. and MMM for a blog that helped me retire now rather than later!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:27:01 PM by ohnmur »

bigwhitedawg

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2219 on: June 21, 2015, 04:29:16 PM »
Howdy -

I found MMM about a month ago and it was like getting hit in the head by a 2x4.  My wife was already living a mustachian way, but I was reluctant.  Now I see the excess and I don't like it.  I'm 41 and we have our first child on the way.  I haven't yet set a goal down for retirement, but it won't be more than 10 years.  We may be able to do it in 5, we've got a good starting point.

Thanks everyone.

Mark

Jarr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2220 on: June 22, 2015, 12:08:20 AM »
Hi. Jarr from BC. Just found this site a couple months ago. I thought I was doing alright with money and everything else before but now I can't wait to see what I can do.  Super inspired by MMM and all the community members and everything I've learned so far.

stacheasaurus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2221 on: June 22, 2015, 07:14:24 AM »
Hi! 22 (23 tomorrow :) ) from Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, World, Milky way... etc. Starting my 'stache nice and early.  Been reading this site and forum for about 8 months, and loving the DIY nature every bit! Looking to learn all of the things.  Glad to be here!

zenzy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2222 on: June 23, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »
Hi I'm zenzy.  First post looking around and so glad to discover an active (not dead) forum.

Septemberist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2223 on: June 23, 2015, 10:30:13 PM »
Hi,
I am pushing 40 with a wife and two small children and have determined that it's time to grow up (at least a little bit).  We live in the PNW and enjoy spending time outside exploring.  I have been saving diligently in 401(k)'s, 403(b)'s, 457(b)'s, and Roth IRA's for about 15 years, and now I have a mess of old accounts that I am looking to rollover into Vanguard or good Vanguard-like funds, so I will be asking around.  I'm also curious to learn more about reducing my expenses and investing more in after-tax accounts.  I've been lurking on the website for awhile catching up on all of the MMM posts and now I'm excited to consume more good advice from the forum and hopefully contribute a little bit as well.  Cheers!

bdonney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Kythesis
« Reply #2224 on: June 25, 2015, 07:55:06 PM »
What's up Mustacheans!
Found you like minded frugal bastards two years ago, finally people that "get it". I'm a 28 year old with a BS in Physics. Jumped from a couple different industries and am currently settling into controls engineering the last couple years. College made me frugal and MMM gave me the goal of what I need to do with the extra cash. I love working with my hands on my house, car, woodworking, writing music, brewing beer, computer programming, just learning new things. Gunning to get to financial independence as fast as possible so I can get back to more time for all of these things. Wouldn't have known how to do it without stumbling on his and in turn Jim's site.

squeakywheel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2225 on: June 25, 2015, 09:26:02 PM »
Hi Mustachians, I am a long-time MMM reader but as a full-time working mom, have not had time to post much. Husband and I are 3 years away from throwing in the towel. Kids are 13 and 17. I am grateful for all I have learned from the MMM blog and from reading the forums.

ahoy

• Stubble
« Reply #2226 on: June 27, 2015, 03:03:45 AM »
Hello, I've been reading this site for over a year now and finally signed up.  I am married with two daughters.  I have pretty much been frugal my whole life (apart from traveling). My family and I have just returned from nearly two years of slow travel.  I would like to do this again in a couple of years.  This site is inspiring and keeps us going....

Nyan Cat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2227 on: June 28, 2015, 05:20:47 AM »
Hello, everyone!

I am currently pursuing two bachelor's degrees in chemical engineering and mechanical engineering and am entering my last semester in college. I’m 19 (will be 20 in September) and love academics for its own sake, strange as it may sound.

When I’m not studying or lurking on finance sites, I enjoy travel, YouTube, all kinds of music, and anything even tangentially related to theme parks. I tutor on the side and love it, and I hope to become a self-published author soon. How do I do it all? Well, I don't have friends…

I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has ever participated in these forums for inspiring so many to pursue their dreams.

Okay, enough about me. Who’s next?

Wilmabird

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2228 on: June 28, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »
Hello!  I am early 30s living in central south Texas with my husband and young daughter.  We own a small/efficient house, one car paid off, my pre-MMM small SUV will be paid off next year.  We are overwhelmed with student loan debt, credit card debt, and have had our income cut by approximately 50% in the past year- but we are making more progress now than ever before (we actually have retirement savings!  AND an emergency fund now!).  Fairly certain we can have everything (except the mortgage) paid off in the next two years if we continue to go crazy with overtime.  I've been lurking in the forums for weeks so I thought I should pop in and say hello!

littleteapot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2229 on: June 30, 2015, 08:00:34 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm Leah, I'm in my early 30s and I currently live in upstate NY with my dog. After a lot of hard work, working 3 jobs for 8 years, I've eliminated the $125,000 of student loan debt I had, and am living debt-free. Now it's time to catch up on the savings, since my net worth is pretty low and I'd like to own a home one day.

I never thought early retirement might be a reality for me, but that's why I'm here. I've been following the blog posts via email for a few months and started to have questions about my own situation, so I figured it was time to sign up. The savings posts are kind of fuzzy in my head, since I don't have the capital to work with. Nice to meet you and looking forward to hearing all of your stories and learning alongside you.

Leah

Rightflyer

• Bristles
« Reply #2230 on: July 01, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »
Hi Folks,

I'm Paddy. Early 50's. Business owner. Ex-commercial pilot.
Living in Southern Ontario.

My DW and I hope to be FI next year.

Likely moving to Europe to refresh, revive and reinvent.

Cheers

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2231 on: July 02, 2015, 08:34:18 AM »
Hi, I'm Rosy. We live in Florida with our two cool kitties, the house is paid for and we had no debt, until we bought a new car at -0- % interest. It bugs me to see that money flowing out of the house every month. I am already retired, he still has 16 yrs to go by normal standards. I'm here, because I want to find a way to revamp our finances so he can retire in 10 years max.

I've been cruising financial blogs for a while and like what I see happening here. I really like this forum for inspiration, badassity and the sense of  a nice online community. Looking forward to contributing, learning new strategies and challenge myself along with you.

Nice to meet y'all:)

Hi Folks,

I'm Paddy. Early 50's. Business owner. Ex-commercial pilot.
Living in Southern Ontario.

My DW and I hope to be FI next year.

Likely moving to Europe to refresh, revive and reinvent.

Cheers

Hi Paddy - I'm envious, that all sounds wonderful to me, like you made it already:) and are just finetuning and waiting for next year. More power to you!

jts

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2232 on: July 04, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »
Hi,

I've been reading the MMM blog and forum for a few months now. I'm currently in the process of paying off my student loans and should have those paid off within the year. If I get some overtime at work, I may be able to max out my 401K contributions this year as well! My boyfriend is also living frugally with me and is really into MMM so that helps stay motivated and on track.

ETwagon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2233 on: July 04, 2015, 11:38:02 AM »
Howdy,
           I discovered this site from a mention on a Youtube video. Great find, I dig it!

Stache-O-Lantern

• Stubble
« Reply #2234 on: July 04, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »
Hi, I've been following the MMM blog for quite a while now.  I stumbled onto it trying to find a review of Lending Club from an investor perspective.  I've always been a saver, but MMM took me to another level.  Since the birth of our son 2 years ago, it's helped my wife and I both scale back to 30 hrs/week, while still stache-ing a lot.  Now I'm hoping to FIRE, possibly in 2023.  That should be possible, if i keep working at my current hours until then.  If i go back to full time after my son starts school, it's very possible.  But I really like working less.  So i'm thinking maybe I will go to part time, and work less than 30 hrs/week at my current firm, or go part-time/on-call with multiple firms.  That's possible in my line of work, and it could allow me to focus on the parts of my job I like.  It would be a sea change, because it would mean taking on health insurance separate from my employer, and perhaps less steady income if i did on-call with multiple firms.  But it would be a big step, perhaps even bigger than actual FIRE itself.

Susurrus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2235 on: July 04, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm Holly, currently a third year college student (thankfully without student loans). I'm naturally frugal and I've been interested in investing and keeping costs low for the past few years, so I already have a mini nest egg. When I discovered MMM I was shocked to read about the concept of early retirement, which I'd never heard of.

Now I'm really looking into the idea, and I'm getting very excited about the prospect of retiring as early as my 30s. I figured joining this forum would be a great way to keep my motivation and excitement high and to be part of a like-minded community.

It's nice to meet y'all, and good luck with your own goals!

Valetta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2236 on: July 05, 2015, 06:58:13 AM »
Hi everyone. I've been casually reading the blog for a few years but recently decided to dig a little deeper and read the forums too.

My name is Noel (pronounced like Noelle, I'm female), 33 years old and live in the Midwest. I've got a husband and two cats, no kids yet.

I have a job I actually love doing nonprofit fundraising/marketing/communications and that pays surprisingly well. Husband likes his job too and I don't know if he would quit even if he could (technically he could since my income is plenty). I'm more interested in financial independence philosophically - the freedom to do what I want, even if what I want is to keep working. To that end, both my husband and I are good savers - maxing out 401ks, Roths and owning a rental property.

I'm trying to get more intentional about how I manage all our savings and set some new financial goals so I think this is a good place to start.

twojabs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2237 on: July 05, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »
Hi,

I'm MJ.  I'm 30, from Scotland (not so sunny), and live with my wife and kid #1 (20mths).  More children may be on the horizon in the near future.

I've always been careful with money but I heard about this place from a friend and checked it out and it cemented a lot for me.

I do have some problems, example, its way too easy to go to McD's or get chinese, but that is improving a lot over the last few years - something to work on :)  Plus sometimes i just cant help snack at night so maybe this is some what of a weightloss thing for me too :)

Be around :)

MJ

Apple Tree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2238 on: July 05, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »
Hi, I'm David. I live in Las Vegas. I discovered MMM three months ago and have been planting the fruit trees for my retirement ever since. I am thankful for finding MMM as it has given me clear and awesome goals in my personal life. I love biking in the Vegas heat and seeing how hot I can let my house get. Looking forward to the next 50+ years of mustachianism.

Macaroni

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2239 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:55 PM »
Hiya, I'm Macaroni.

Having read SOOOO many 'financial advise' website, I stumbled upon MMM and finally!! Someone seems to be talking sense.

Unfortunately, I've had to admit to my husband that I have another man on the go - I have been so obsessed with MMM that I've hardly seen him or the kids this weekend!  ;-)
So I figured it was time to sign up and read the forum too   :-)

DCKatie09

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2240 on: July 06, 2015, 07:41:49 AM »
Hi everybody!

I'm Katie, live in the DC area with my husband, we've both been MMM readers for a few years now and have our financial house largely in order (on track to FIRE in 10 years or so), though there's always room to improve. I've been getting more and more sucked into the forums lately, so I figured it was time to stop lurking and jump in!

Rufus.T.Firefly

• Bristles
« Reply #2241 on: July 06, 2015, 01:24:06 PM »
Hey Everyone!

My name's Ben. My wife and I live in Triangle in North Carolina. We've been married for about 4 years now. I enjoy the MMM philosophy as a bit of rare financial sanity in our society. We already practiced similar values-based principles when we graduated, but felt pretty weird and unusual as a result. It is nice to find some camaraderie.

Looking forward to chatting in the forums!

WingsFan4Life

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • LGRW
« Reply #2242 on: July 06, 2015, 01:49:33 PM »
Hi, I'm WingsFan4Life. I am from Michigan, now living in Kentucky with my girlfriend. She is currently has a larger mustache than me, riding her bike to work 3 miles each way. I drive to work 55 miles each way because we live in the town where she works and I got a job at a very large company working in the controller group for a manufacturing plant. We live in a one bedroom and pay $395 in rent which gives me a little stubble. I found MMM by browsing reddit/r/personalfinance and now here I am.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #2243 on: July 06, 2015, 02:21:49 PM »
Hi! I'm Kitsunegari from Canada.

Nice to meet you!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:25:18 PM by Kitsunegari »

village idiot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2244 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »
Hello,

I'm Will. I didn't know there was a term for Mr Money Mustaching!

I enjoy taking personal finance to ridiculous levels as a hobby, and am glad to see there's a lot of like-minded people with great advice here. Thanks for this site!

PS, the registration process is a little ridiculous. It took me 20 minutes to figure out the answers to the two questions. But I'm also a village idiot.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:18:14 PM by village idiot »

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2245 on: July 07, 2015, 06:50:05 AM »

PS, the registration process is a little ridiculous. It took me 20 minutes to figure out the answers to the two questions. But I'm also a village idiot.

That happened to me as well.:P

bobsuruncle

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2246 on: July 07, 2015, 01:49:02 PM »
Hi I'm Steve, a retired Canadian.  I was introduced to mmm by my son, a committed mustashean who is well on his way to financial freedom by 40.  I had to wait til 60, having been indulgent.  Currently we are simplifying our lives and following many of the concepts in the mmm blog. Not due to financial necessity but more to lighten our footprint and de-stress our way of life a bit.  I've read all of the postings and pass along my thanks to Mr and Mrs 'stashe and the posters.  You're truly awesome.

savn455

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2247 on: July 08, 2015, 06:35:17 PM »
Hello. I am Frank. Found this blog about 8 months ago. It made me realize how stupidly I have been living. Since then I paid down my mortgage from 42k to 18k. Hope to be debt free by March 2016 at which time my money goes towards retirement. Saving 4 55, which is only 4 years away.

Inquisitive1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2248 on: July 10, 2015, 10:18:56 AM »
G'day,

I have been lurking as a visitor for a few months checking out some of the great posts. Thought it would be good to engage and contribute.

We live in Austinmer, just south of Sydney and have a fantastic 5 year old son.

Cheers,

MelbyFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2249 on: July 10, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »
Hey there, Team Stache!

Long time listener, first time caller here. I'm a late twenties lady Mustachian living in beautiful Melbourne, Australia.

I discovered MMM a few years ago, and have been slowly working towards a few goals since. Primarily these are becoming FI, aiming towards zero waste, implementing minimalism, and having fun with a bunch of great hobbies and people.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on the forums.  So many inspiring people and stories out there!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!