Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 3317819 times)

maximize_futility

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3650 on: April 22, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »
Hi, I'm Russell!
I'm just about to graduate college in Idaho and start my first job in Wisconsin. I hope to apply Mustachianism to my career and life from the beginning, and I hope to retire pretty comfortably by age 37 and focus on creating fun & fulfilling side-hustles and biking around before and after retirement.
All I can say is that I'm extremely glad to have discovered MMM before getting out and paying for a ridiculous apartment and new car on my fancy new salary, even though it will be outrageously high relative to my cost of living. I'm excited to get on the right path!
Cheers, and see you here on the forums!

Accountant on Fire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3651 on: April 23, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »
Hello! I'm David

I've always been pretty frugal but this blog and a couple others has inspired me to be even more so. I've been reading for a while but just recently started posting in the forums.

I recently started my own blog called Accountant on Fire. I discuss financial independence and debt freedom.

I'm 27 and living in Minnesota with my wife and daughter.

dasaevus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3652 on: April 23, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »
HI!

I'm Ed and I want to be financially free!

Dr.Optimus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3653 on: April 24, 2018, 02:39:12 PM »
Hello
I'm Andrew.  I'm fresh out of graduate school and I just found the FI community.  I've made dumb mistakes, hoping to start on the FI path and be Financially Independent in 10-12 years.  I enjoy my job, so I'll probably continue to work after reaching FI.  I am a school psychologist, which means I have all the perks that teachers enjoy, but with more flexibility in my calendar and a higher starting salary because of my advanced degree.  Looking forward to climbing the FI mountain.

ematicic

• Stubble
  • Money Enthusiast
« Reply #3654 on: April 26, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »
Greetings! I am Eric, retired Military, look forward to learning and sharing. I have done better financially than most of my peers but always looking to improve. I am a contractor now working at Quantico. I likely will not post much as I can never tell what those captchas are.

UnexpectedExpenseExpector

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3655 on: April 26, 2018, 10:49:08 PM »
Hi!

I'm 33 and I've been reading the blog on and off for the last 2 years, but I only recently discovered the badassity that is these forums!

My bride and I have been working our way toward FI since we got married in 2014.  We currently have 2 children and we're expecting number 3 in July.

Our current estimate for FI is around 8 years.  I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone!

Village Farang

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3656 on: April 27, 2018, 12:13:36 AM »
In Thailand, I live in a house, in a field, in a valley, with a view.

I dutifully completed my university degree in Hawaii before I parted ways with the expected life path of career, marriage, children, debt, divorce, ill health and redundancy.  I discovered Thailand at twenty-one while still studying and moved here at twenty-three after contemplating my life path and dreading a “normal” life.

It would seem that I have been on FIRE for a very long time without knowing it.  I stopped working at 40 and will soon be 64.  I want for nothing and have everything I ever dreamed of but the last few years I have been drifting a bit and struggling with the notion that my best years are behind me.

Village Farang is an online persona I adopted roughly eleven years ago and use across all my social media accounts, which include a blog, facebook, google+, twitter and various forums.

I-Ranger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3657 on: April 27, 2018, 07:23:05 AM »
Greetings!

So today I begin my FIRE journey. I am 41, single, no kids, 2 dogs, and am beyond grateful that MMM opened my eyes to the stupidity of my consumerist ways. My goal is to be FI in 10 years, and I feel good about my chances.

I changed careers 4 years ago and completed pharmacy school last summer, so while my new 115k/year salary is great, I have 260k in school loans. Fortunately, I enrolled in the federal public service loan forgiveness program and also got a 20k/year for 4 years state rural loan forgiveness grant, so I'll pay nothing out of pocket for 4 years, then pay about $800/month for 6 years and then be debt free!

I've never been a saver or investor, so I've been ramping up on that and learning as much as I can about investing. I did buy a 33k SUV not long after starting my new job, and after seeing the MMM light, I want to punch myself in the face every time I get into it to drive the 2 miles to my job. Ugh. I'm buying a cheap house near my job soon, and once I'm settled in there I will sell the SUV that costs me $1000/month (aaaaarrrrgghhh!!!) and go buy something sane for cash. At that point I will continue tightening the screws until I am at the 66.5% savings rate that will make me FI in 10 years.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon MMM and look forward to learning from this great community!

bcbaseballman

• Stubble
« Reply #3658 on: April 27, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
Hello my name is David.
I am 28 years old, have an amazing wife, and two children. I live in a Haysville, Ks. Been reading about all this for a while know figured it was time for me to join

verfrugal

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3659 on: April 30, 2018, 10:12:58 AM »
Greetings;

I'm a hacker who lives in Vermont.

I've always been relatively frugal, and debt free except for a brief 1yr period with a mortgage which I paid off last year.  A few years ago, I sold a startup, which greatly accelerated my retirement timeline, and also let me take care of my family.

I really enjoy the MMM perspective because it's a environmentalist blog disguised as a FIRE blog.

felixiscariot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3660 on: May 01, 2018, 08:31:46 AM »
Hello,

I'm new to Mustachianism - only six months in. I hail from Kansas (LFK!). I don't recall exactly how I stumbled across this blog but for the last two years my wife and I have been improving our finances through increasing our earnings and paying off our debt rapidly and it was in that pursuit that I wound up here. We thought we were doing pretty good at keeping our costs low but then I found MMM and realized we had much room for improvement. In the last six months alone we've cut our expenses down by roughly $600/month (that includes energy, food, gas (I got a free bike from a friend!), and a bunch of other random things). I'm also experimenting with minimalism which has helped wrangle my consumer sucka tendencies.

We still have some student loan debt but we're wrapping that up. All the money we currently put towards student loans amounts to about 65% -70% of our take home income, when the loans are gone it will all go to savings. We're looking at retiring by the time I'm 40 (9 years), but that would include us increasing our income and reducing our expenses over the next few years which is no guarantee but I like to push myself a little! At the very least we want to build up a stream of investment income through Indexing and renting our current house when it's paid off which will help ease the need to rely on full time employment.

Anyway, I look forward to participating in various threads as a way of keeping myself motivated!

Stacher

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3661 on: May 01, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
Hi all,

40+ years, from Finland, wife and two kids in late teenage.

I've started the path to FI earlier, but not really doing the math and being conciuos about it. My savings rate in recent years has been in the range of 20-30%.

I found MMM blog last summer and it made me realize that I'm getting there way too slowly. The other learning was that RE is actually something that can be achieved without doing anything extreme. I just have to improve the choices I make and I can get there in 12-15 years.

After finding MMM I've made some corrective action:
- Paid off my 5k credit card balance, that was basically just adding cost to my life.
- Paid the car loan 9 months early because I could.

Now I'm pushing my savings rate from 30 % in 2017 to 45-50 % in 2018. After reaching that level I will start aiming to get up to 55-60 %. I expect this will be an interesting journey and to support it I feel I have to register here.

politenessman

• Stubble
  • http://techtofi.com/
    • Blogging our progress from disaster to FI
« Reply #3662 on: May 06, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »
I'm Tony and I got into this later in life (50s)
Hoping to secure my retirement and stop making silly mistakes.
In IT, married, empty nester. Wife is also mostly on board.
Maybe if we are lucky we can retire a little earlier than planned.

Antonn Park

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Blue Flower Editing
« Reply #3663 on: May 08, 2018, 11:52:26 AM »
Hello, I'm Antonn. I'm a copyeditor and proofreader who wants to learn how to retire early. I'm in my mid-thirties, so I have some time to plan. I'm already pretty frugal but have a big student loan I'd like to pay off as soon as possible.

jamesdg33

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3664 on: May 08, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm James - I'm from AZ, almost 30 years old, and beginning on my FI journey. My wife and I were married last year, have been together for 8, and have two dogs and a cat! We have about 130,000 net worth (not including home equity of about 55,000), and are both new to the FI lifestyle. I am ready to RE now, but realize we're not ready. I am moving from a 9-5 government job into a more entrepreneurial career soon and my wife is a school teacher. Hoping to learn from you all, and offer anything I can to the community!

James

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3665 on: May 08, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
Hello, I'm Antonn. I'm a copyeditor and proofreader who wants to learn how to retire early. I'm in my mid-thirties, so I have some time to plan. I'm already pretty frugal but have a big student loan I'd like to pay off as soon as possible.

Welcome Antonn! Good luck crushing that loan!!

california

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3666 on: May 09, 2018, 11:04:05 AM »
Hello everyone!

I live and work in California as a personal trainer, and recently inherited some money from my father.  He not only was a great, funny, loving man, but had great financial habits (lived on 25% of his retirement income, donated 25% of it, saved/invested the other 50%).

I was researching how to invest it intelligently and came across this website.  I have no debts, but I also spend more than I need to.

Hoping to treat my finances like a successful workout plan: having a smartly designed approach and being disciplined about following it.

Cheers!

drparrish09

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3667 on: May 10, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
Hi everyone!

I'm new the FIRE concept and am stoked about it.  Still chipping away at my student loan debt currently but should be done in 15 months and then the real fun begins.  I'm excited to have a place where people have the same goals I have and don't look at me like I have three heads when I tell them I can't go out to eat because its not in my budget.

If you are ever in the Fairhope/Mobile, AL area give me a shout!

Boardgamer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3668 on: May 11, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

Excited to be a part of this community.

Financial background: Age 38, have $225k in retirement accounts, $195k in home/investment property equity, about $27k liquid, $42k in teacher pension account

Have about 40k student loan debt @ 2.25% interest

My wife and I are trying to max out 401ks and IRAs plus I get some, employer matching, which adds up to saving $52k per year. We also get about $18000 a year in home equity.

Goals: stop eating out so much, cook more beans and rice, fund an HSA, open a taxable investment account, possibly open a 529 for 3 year old son- current plan is to use my Roth IRA and rental property income (will be paid off in 10 years) for his college or at least some of it

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:55:04 PM by Boardgamer »

aujusco

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3669 on: May 13, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »
Hello from sunny Tucson, AZ! Long time lurker and finally decided to join the community. I'm 43, married, no kids, and I've been on the FI journey for 2 years. I'm taking this nice and easy, planning to reach FI when I turn 50.
I'm a freelance online college instructor and I adjunct for about 7 schools. Hubby and I have 2 rental properties. I plan to pay them and the primary resident paid off by the time I'm 50 too.
Excited to be here!
Angela

jamesdg33

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3670 on: May 18, 2018, 12:21:18 PM »
Hello from sunny Tucson, AZ! Long time lurker and finally decided to join the community. I'm 43, married, no kids, and I've been on the FI journey for 2 years. I'm taking this nice and easy, planning to reach FI when I turn 50.
I'm a freelance online college instructor and I adjunct for about 7 schools. Hubby and I have 2 rental properties. I plan to pay them and the primary resident paid off by the time I'm 50 too.
Excited to be here!
Angela

Hello to a fellow Arizonan!

nkt0

• Bristles
« Reply #3671 on: May 20, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
Hi. I’m Nick. Fourty-two year old dude living in a small house in Philadelphia with my wife, who is an indie author. While I’m new to the MMM community, turns out I’ve been living by many of the same “live small” principals for a while.

Now I’m inspired to retire by age 50. I hope the MMM community can help inspire me and validate my plans.

Rustychase

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3672 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:54 PM »
Hi all! I'm Marie, 24, single, no kids, 35k in debt from student loans, working on a master's (cause my bachelor's won't didn't find me a job for 2 years after I graduated), NOT going into more debt with that.
I want to own and live on a sailboat and travel everywhere in it one day.

J Dough

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3673 on: May 22, 2018, 07:04:39 AM »
This seems like a good place for a first post. Hi! I'm happy to be part of this forum. I'm still wrestling a little bit with how much of my financial situation and personal information to put out here. MMM and JLCollinsnh have been a big part of destroying my student loans, and if I can keep up the pace, they'll be gone by the end of the year. Thanks in advance for all the support and help I'm sure I'll get here, and I'll do what I can to return the favors.

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3674 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »
Welcome everyone!

PeachyStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3675 on: May 24, 2018, 03:29:29 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm a 20-year-old college student (majoring in computer science... why so many CS people do FIRE I won't understand) ready to train myself in the ways of badassity and FIRE.

My focus right now is to do well in school while trimming expenses as much as I can. I start my sophomore year in about three months, and managed a 3.7 GPA in my freshman year. I'm looking forward to starting on my adventure and making the most of it. Glad to have the community here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:40:24 AM by PeachyStash »

Rustychase

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3676 on: May 24, 2018, 09:22:07 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm a 20-year-old college student (majoring in computer science... why so many CS people do FIRE I won't understand) ready to train myself in the ways of badassity and FIRE.

My focus right now is to do well in school while trimming expenses as much as I can. I start my sophomore year in about three months, and managed a 3.7 GPA in my freshman year. I'm looking forward to starting on my adventure and making the most of it. Glad to have the community here.

Nice to see you! Looking forward to seeing your journey! I'm working on my master's at 24, so I have similar "do awesome" goals while not spending a lot lol

TSpacagna

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3677 on: May 24, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
Hello!
I am Ted and I am a new Mustachian convert. Found the blog via a few podcast interviews some weeks ago and have been diving in since.
Since reading, my girlfriend and I have both purchased (cheapo) bikes and we are working on moving closer to both our jobs! Super exciting!
We both used to work in 'tech' (retail). Now I help manage bands and shes expanding her career in HR.
Definitely an interesting time in our lives, and we are already noticing change for the better!
Looking forward to talking to everyone!

Happily Irrelevant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3678 on: May 25, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
Hello, I'm 52 and have been FIRE'd for 6 years.  I did it the easy way by joining the military.  After 20 years they give you half your pay so you only have to save enough to cover the rest.  My whole life I've been frugal as I've never required much to be satisfied.  MMM turned out to be a collection of people that viewed money as I did. 

flower_girl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3679 on: May 29, 2018, 04:30:47 AM »
Hi everyone.  Aurelia here from NZ.

I have been reading a lot of the website and forum and am very happy to join you.

Best wishes to everyone.

XC1984

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3680 on: May 29, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Scott from LA. I'm 52, and have been working for big corporations in the finance area for 30 years. I finally decided to pick a number and a date, and I plan to be FI in 4 years when my daughter finishes college.

Tigerclaws

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3681 on: May 31, 2018, 05:34:54 AM »
Hey everyone! I am Robyn from Georgia, I am excited to be a part of this community.  I am 53, own my home, zero debt.  I have been my mother's sole full time care giver for 1.5 years.  I am in plan and decision mode for future expenses in case of assisted living needs for Mom.

jimmyshutter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3682 on: June 03, 2018, 12:47:10 AM »
I just turned 53 and wish I was educated earlier in life about investing. I share the same values as many here and I've my quest towards financial freedom.

I hope to learn from many here. :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:52:46 AM by jimmyshutter »

MissyDOP

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Dollars On Purpose
« Reply #3683 on: June 04, 2018, 01:31:13 PM »
Hello, Missy from Virginia here.  We became debt free 2 years ago and have never looked back since.  People think we are weird because we pay cash for everything and live on a tight budget.  Look forward to meeting some likeminded people. 

JustJayMusic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3684 on: June 04, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »
Hi, I am Jay and have been lurking here for the past few days. My wife and I have a 11 year old son and live outside Philly. (Home of the Super Bowl Champs The Eagles, in case you forgot who won this year) We have slowly dug ourselves out of financial crisis from a failed business, and the outrageous debt that hobbled us for years. Finally back on our feet, (with a little breathing room from an small inheritance) now with money in savings, money in 401/matched 403/529 and the inspiration to grow our retirement fund with tips found here and other places. We still have one financial obstacle to get past (underwater house, we are renting at a loss) but working on solutions for that.

Pleased to meet you all!

Jay

Ray1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3685 on: June 05, 2018, 11:40:36 AM »
Hi,
I'm Ray.  I've been lurking on this forum for the past several months and have learned a lot.  My wife and I have four children and live in the southeast.  Recently started a blog about side hustles and personal finance and I'm excited to be a part of this community.
-Ray

JustJayMusic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3686 on: June 08, 2018, 08:22:59 AM »
Hi Ray, Welcome, I'm new here too and wanted to say Hi! You should post your blog site in your signature. I have been looking for some side hustles too and would be interested to see if there are any new things around that I haven't thought of or have skills for . . .

Jay

Raynae85

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3687 on: June 08, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »
Hi!

Raynae here 33/F/Married/1kid/$100k NW

I’ve been exploring MMM for about 3 months and am learning a lot about myself, my spending habits, and what I want for my future. My husband is about 5 years away from his 20yr. military retirement too. I have a good base (20% mustachian stubble), but am still learning and I’m excited to be apart of the community. I’d love to have my time to myself to read, spend time with families my, volunteer, travel, and perhaps start a small side business someday. I’m also highly social and motivated so I don’t terribly mind juggling a high paced career as a project manager and being a mother and wife for now. I do however want t break away and travel extensively in about 15 years. I wish I would have done more sooner, but here we are and here we go!

I’m really excited to be on this journey! I’m still trying to convince my husband fully though. He’s supportive, but he has no mustache yet. I’ve made some big changes in the last month alone just being more mindful and reducing a lot of stupid lady luxuries and laziness.

Some highlights;
-fully funding $18500 to my 401k (18% now, previously 12%)
-increased mortgage principal payment to $500.00 per month instead of just $100 extra
-opened a vanguard account and bought my first $3000.00 in vtsmx

I’m definitely curious to know how we’re stacking up and what we can improve on, but I’ll save that for another thread. I have some big decisions to make upcoming so I appreciate your help in advance!

Thanks!

I Want to Believe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3688 on: June 11, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »
Hi,

My names Patrick from the southwest of England. I found this site looking at something else, and a lot of the ideas are resonating with me. I'm fed up with living in debt, and feeling like I'll never be free to actually live, but didn't understand how it was possible to get there short of a lottery windfall or something equally unlikely.

Reading the articles in the blog and forums showed me that anyone can do it, if they are determined enough. The hardest part is going to be convincing my other half that we need to make some drastic changes. Getting a better rate on the loan now our credit scores have improved is only the first step, but will make it easier to climb out of that deep hole.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:16:22 AM by I Want to Believe »

JOAT MON

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3689 on: June 12, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm a recent (1 year ago) college graduate living in/returning to San Diego. Right now I am living with my parents who live within biking distance of my job while I save up for the down payment on a house. I know that San Diego is a very expensive place to live, but I also find it an exceptionally pleasant place to live and am willing to pay for it.

I work as an electrical engineer and have what I would consider a very good salary. I started reading MMM because in a previous summer internship I had, I spent nearly all of the $17,000 I made that summer with very little to show for it. I was fortunate enough to have no permanent consequences from that experience as well as graduate college debt-free because of generosity from my parents. I am now working towards living at the very opposite end of the consumerism spectrum.

If anyone has any real estate advice for the area or if there are any San Diego area meetups going on, please let me know. I'm excited to be a part of the Mustachian community!

Cheers!

waylah

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3690 on: June 14, 2018, 02:16:30 AM »
Hi!

I'm a scientist and I am so excited to find this place!
I love the idea of being proactive in planning for retirement. Both my partner and I have lots of hobbies we wish we had more time for. I love the idea of figuring out what you want THEN figuring out how much money you need for that, rather than the other way around of just earning money 9-5 because 'that's what people do', and then spending it on whatever.

I live in Australia, no kids (yet), and am new to this website and forum, and many of the concepts (and acronyms!) therein. First step I think is figuring out EXACTLY what our spending is, where it is going. Then I'm going to fill in a 'case study' and soak in all your excellent advice! :D

and keep reading!

overdrive23

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3691 on: June 20, 2018, 08:48:01 AM »
New here & to FI/RE lifestyle. Slowly dipping into it and trying to get smarter.

My #1 main question is how someone in my current situation can expect themselves to do well with FI/RE. Most of the FIRE stuff I've read is great for people that are early in their lives/careers.

I'm 35, have a wife, house, kid, 2 cars, CC debt, college debt etc..... the "sadly typical trap" of life.

I'm paying as much as possible into our highest interest debt, just got confirmation from VZN that we have no contract and will be switching to Ting or RW shortly.

But honestly, I'm very far from making this happen and it just  seems insurmountable. Can anyone give positive guidance on how someone where I AM NOW can succeed??

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3692 on: June 20, 2018, 02:08:04 PM »
@overdrive23, I'd suggest heading over into the Case Studies and Ask a Mustachian sections. Read around -- there's plenty of young folks and super high earners on here, but there's also plenty of folks starting in the position that you're in, too. You might also consider starting a case study yourself to get ideas and feedback.

Kole with a K

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3693 on: June 21, 2018, 02:13:26 PM »
Hello!

I've been reading MMM for a while, after having a financial literacy class in high school, and thought I should get on the forums to find advice and knowledge from some pretty cool people.

I'm currently attending college and avoiding any loans in the process. Picking up internships and work where I can. Making sure I have enough money in my accounts to pay for each year.

College life definitely has lots of spending temptations, especially when your friends have no clue how to lead an even remotely mustachian life. I still join on friend outings, but often spend way less money on dumb stuff and overly expensive foods. So far, loans are out of the picture and looking good for next year. And it should stay that way!

Kole

GreenEngineer3

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3694 on: June 22, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
Hello to everyone!

Lee 45/M/Married/2kids/NC area/2028 Class Cohort

Been reading the MMM forums for over a year, but am only posting for the first time this week.  (Previous job did not allow me to interact online)  This forum allows me to interact with like minded individuals who would prefer to reach a level of financial security and personal freedom that seems to be foreign to anyone else that I associate with in my line of work.  Even my closest friends, in the same industry, can't fathom leaving the work place until they reach retirement age.  Enjoying today's indulgences rather than sacrificing for the future is the standard practice.  Whereas, my wife and I are much more frugal and want to pass those teachings on to our kids.... while still planning the day and activities that we will enjoy when we say 'enough is enough'.

Timelines: 3 years to mortgage paid off/5 years until college begins for oldest child/10 years til retirement

clarkebarry

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Strategic Asset Management and Trust Blog
« Reply #3695 on: June 23, 2018, 01:19:10 AM »
Hi,

I am Clarke Barry.

I just love to travel & find interesting things to share around. Barely, I had any month without travelling anywhere. I am a swimmer, blogger and content writer.

Mon€yp€nny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3696 on: June 23, 2018, 07:02:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Moneypenny with €'s cause that is the currency I'm trying to save as much as possible. I live in the Netherlands.

Mom of 2 little girls, wife, admin assistant/ secretary, 42.

Pardon my English in advance. My spelling check isn't very helpful at times and when I'm tired I don't see everything clear in my own language or any other.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3697 on: June 23, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »
Greetings to one and all,

A year or so ago I was on the www  reading about recipes for fried potatoes which led me to this website.

As I recall, the first post I read here that day was by Mr. MM himself on the subject of fried potatoes (his favorite recipe I think).

Since then I've been an occasional lurker; today I decided to register.

I'm FI/RE and  live in rural California.

I have B.S. in finance and a J.D. degree so there's plenty of subject matter of interest to me here at Mr. MM's site.

A LOUD HELLO TO ALL!

PickingDaisies

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3698 on: June 23, 2018, 09:48:33 PM »
Hello
I am a long time follower of MMM and the blog (it’s only been a few years) and I decided to make myself official. I will continue to read until I one day get brave enough to ask for help or voice opinions.

Rivertop

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3699 on: June 26, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »
Hey!

I'm Suzee. Long time lurker, first time poster. 55 from Texas and will FIRE late this year or early next year. Glad to officially join!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!