Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 1057726 times)

AlphabettiSpaghetti

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3650 on: April 02, 2018, 02:59:58 PM »
Another newbie joining the cause (woohoo!). Warm hellos from the other side of the pond in rainy England :)

nottheturkey

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3651 on: April 02, 2018, 10:29:27 PM »
Hi all. High net worth, high earner, but not close to retirement and not really interested in it. But I want to be challenged on my thoughts and figured this was a good place to do it.

Why is it so hard to post something? The CAPTCHA is close to unreadable and it takes me 5 tries to get it every time.

BigBopperMKE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3652 on: April 03, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »
Hi I'm Tom.  I'm a 34 year old commercial real estate developer living in Milwaukee with my fiance.  I like to do crossword puzzles, play jazz/blues guitar, read, and have fun  I enjoy the MMM philosophy and it has inspired me to put together a budget and save a LOT more money.

Looking forward interacting with like-minded folks on the Forum!

Tom

millionairedojo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Millionaire Dojo
« Reply #3653 on: April 04, 2018, 06:38:46 AM »
Hi I'm Nathan.

I'm happily married and enjoy living life on $25,000 a year. I love martial arts and am a systems engineer in I.T. at my day job. I am currently tracking my progress to become a millionaire and have started a martial arts themed blog to do so.
Check out my martial arts themed financial progress blog at http://millionairedojo.com/

enFuego

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Somewhere between On Fire and FIRE...
« Reply #3654 on: April 04, 2018, 07:32:16 PM »
I've been reading on this site for over a year at this point, trying to incorporate mustachianism into our lives. We're naturally frugal but not necessarily hard core mustachians. We're trying to find that balance that is right for us. I really identify with being extremely conscious and delberate about money.  I find it liberating.

As my description states we're somewhere in our journey between a Hair On Fire situation and FIRE. We were always savers and on a good track. But we had some lifestyle creep and then a major financial setback put us in crisis mode. With the help of MMM we are flexing our frugal muscles again and making major strides. Ironically we're actually on a better track than if we had avoided the crisis; it changed our trajectory for sure.

A big thank you to MMM and the MMM community. Looking forward to contributing going forward.

EnFuego

Bro-mero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3655 on: April 04, 2018, 11:10:46 PM »
Hello!

I've been a MMM reader since I started college almost 4 years ago, and I am graduating in a month with a Bachelor's in Finance. I am starting a Financial Analyst position soon, and I cant wait to begin my journey to FIRE!

SansSkill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3656 on: April 04, 2018, 11:49:54 PM »
Hello!

Been reading MMM for close to half a year now after I got a part time job that actually left me with excess money.
Figured I might as well get my finances setup up now that I am starting to join the real adult world and ended up in the wonderful world of FIRE instead.

Current goals for the year are a 6 month EF, an equivelant amount invested and a driver's license.

NathanDH

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3657 on: April 05, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
Hi, I'm Nathan.
I'm in Texas, spent a lot of my younger years being financially irresponsible and in school.

Hoping to fix some bad habits.

punxphil

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3658 on: April 05, 2018, 03:38:09 PM »
Hi I'm Andrew from New Zealand.
I'm 49 and a bit despondent.
I did about 8 months of MMM happiness last year.
Other than that sprint of investing (SP500) I've got no other money except a 4% govt super that only started 2 years ago.
Things could be worse I could be in debt!
One complication I have is developing a couple of products for a startup I have.
But it's not really an excuse for no saving last 2 months.
Here to get back on the shiny path to FI.

batljunk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3659 on: April 06, 2018, 02:12:01 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Keith.
Doin' fine and glad to join the MMM way to FI.

KBurns

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3660 on: April 11, 2018, 05:01:42 PM »
Hello! I am Kay!

I am a mother of a 13 month old.

I work full time and look forward to becoming as mustachician as I can be!

This year my goal is to get myself and family outside as much as possible and enjoy the earth and the wonderful things it has to offer :)

dashuk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3661 on: April 12, 2018, 06:49:19 AM »
Hi all,

MMM reader and forum lurker for a couple of years now, finally bothered signing up here properly.

In the UK. 35yo dad of two under-5s. Mechanical Engineer. Enthusiastic about bicycles. Concerned about the environment.

Probably 10-12 years off FI, best described as cruising rather than racing there. Could get there quicker if it was #1 priority,  but currently using a reasonably 'Mustachian' annual expenditure as a means of living off one (deliberately) part-time income to maximise time with the kids without stopping 'stache growth entirely. Might work a bit harder when they are both in school. Maybe.

Still hit around 35% savings rate last year, and think there's still a bit of fat to be trimmed from the expenses without really compromising the lifestyle. Largely here for inspiration and exchange of ideas on that front.

Finntastic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3662 on: April 13, 2018, 03:39:35 AM »
Hi All,

New here and new to fire, starting today and aiming to get to FI and possible RE next year. I'm 40 years old married and grandfather of a 4 year old girl living and working in Thailand (originally from Finland). I've been pretty much broke the whole life and and number of failed businesses before, but the current company is doing great and my math looks like I should be able to get to 85% saving rate without even stretching it too much thanks to geo arbitrage and cheap living cost in Thailand. However my biggest problem is my money investments which pretty much been catastrophic to say the least. I have invested around 400k$ in past 1-2 years and lost about 350k$ so pretty much back to square one now.

merry1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3663 on: April 15, 2018, 07:33:59 AM »
Hi, I'm a fifty-something recovering from a bad divorce. A year ago I had nothing but debt and an alcoholic spouse on a certain road to financial disaster. Today I have saved about $20,000 in a 401k, almost paid off a small house in a retirement community in Mexico, a fixer-upper that I fixed up, and drive a long paid-off 2001 MBZ. I did this all before I found MMM.

I'm doing some goal-setting and want to reach financial independence within 5 years. I'm looking for like-minded folks, and this looks like a vibrant and active community.

Hi folks, I just wanted to give you an update to let you know that FIRE REALLY WORKS! I've lived and breathed FIRE since I first posted, and I am happy to say I'm retiring in 26 more days. I've worked like a dog and banked about 70% of my paycheck. As a result I learned I can live quite well with not much.

Now I'm packing and getting ready to move. Tomorrow I tell my boss. WOO HOO!!!

Merry1

hjon71

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3664 on: April 16, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »
Hello,
New to this forum from rural SW Tennessee.
46yr old married man
Kids are grown so it's just me/she

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PWFI22

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3665 on: April 17, 2018, 02:08:10 PM »
Hi Guys!
I joined this forum for a class I am currently taking called "Financial Independence: Early Retirement" I love reading MMM posts and learning about what he has to say. I am looking forward to reading more posts and learning more about each topic!

saskamustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3666 on: April 20, 2018, 01:13:49 PM »
Hi!

My name is Brian, I'm from the flatlands of Canada and I found this blog via reddit.

I'm just dipping my toes into FIRE. So much to learn.

I'm 35, just bought a house. I have 12k in student loans and 1800 in a car loan. Car loan will be paid off by June and student loan by December (fingers crossed)

House will be paid off by five years.

Can't wait to learn as I read the posts and forum!

leland

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3667 on: April 21, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »
Hi all!

Long time reader. New time poster.

39, single/committed, no kids, no real estate, a dog from the SO, living in the PNW (Seattle) and thinking about what's next... Looking to talk through some planning with experts about how to think about shifting into the FIRE type of life.

(aside: I cannot do these verification images...)

Saskatchewstachian

• Stubble
« Reply #3668 on: April 22, 2018, 08:37:20 AM »
Hi!

My name is Brian, I'm from the flatlands of Canada and I found this blog via reddit.

I'm just dipping my toes into FIRE. So much to learn.

I'm 35, just bought a house. I have 12k in student loans and 1800 in a car loan. Car loan will be paid off by June and student loan by December (fingers crossed)

House will be paid off by five years.

Can't wait to learn as I read the posts and forum!

Welcome from a fellow flatlander!

maximize_futility

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3669 on: April 22, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »
Hi, I'm Russell!
I'm just about to graduate college in Idaho and start my first job in Wisconsin. I hope to apply Mustachianism to my career and life from the beginning, and I hope to retire pretty comfortably by age 37 and focus on creating fun & fulfilling side-hustles and biking around before and after retirement.
All I can say is that I'm extremely glad to have discovered MMM before getting out and paying for a ridiculous apartment and new car on my fancy new salary, even though it will be outrageously high relative to my cost of living. I'm excited to get on the right path!
Cheers, and see you here on the forums!

Accountant on Fire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3670 on: April 23, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »
Hello! I'm David

I've always been pretty frugal but this blog and a couple others has inspired me to be even more so. I've been reading for a while but just recently started posting in the forums.

I recently started my own blog called Accountant on Fire. I discuss financial independence and debt freedom.

I'm 27 and living in Minnesota with my wife and daughter.

dasaevus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3671 on: April 23, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »
HI!

I'm Ed and I want to be financially free!

Dr.Optimus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3672 on: April 24, 2018, 02:39:12 PM »
Hello
I'm Andrew.  I'm fresh out of graduate school and I just found the FI community.  I've made dumb mistakes, hoping to start on the FI path and be Financially Independent in 10-12 years.  I enjoy my job, so I'll probably continue to work after reaching FI.  I am a school psychologist, which means I have all the perks that teachers enjoy, but with more flexibility in my calendar and a higher starting salary because of my advanced degree.  Looking forward to climbing the FI mountain.

ematicic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Money Enthusiast
« Reply #3673 on: April 26, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »
Greetings! I am Eric, retired Military, look forward to learning and sharing. I have done better financially than most of my peers but always looking to improve. I am a contractor now working at Quantico. I likely will not post much as I can never tell what those captchas are.

UnexpectedExpenseExpector

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3674 on: April 26, 2018, 10:49:08 PM »
Hi!

I'm 33 and I've been reading the blog on and off for the last 2 years, but I only recently discovered the badassity that is these forums!

My bride and I have been working our way toward FI since we got married in 2014.  We currently have 2 children and we're expecting number 3 in July.

Our current estimate for FI is around 8 years.  I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone!
Join Robinhood and we'll both get a stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint for free. Make sure you use my link. http://share.robinhood.com/jonathl23

Passive Income: $0.28 / hour
2017 Annual absolute necessary Spending only:  $35,565 ( $22,965 excluding rent)
Days of Freedom purchased per year: 25.17 (38.98)

Village Farang

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3675 on: April 27, 2018, 12:13:36 AM »
In Thailand, I live in a house, in a field, in a valley, with a view.

I dutifully completed my university degree in Hawaii before I parted ways with the expected life path of career, marriage, children, debt, divorce, ill health and redundancy.  I discovered Thailand at twenty-one while still studying and moved here at twenty-three after contemplating my life path and dreading a ďnormalĒ life.

It would seem that I have been on FIRE for a very long time without knowing it.  I stopped working at 40 and will soon be 64.  I want for nothing and have everything I ever dreamed of but the last few years I have been drifting a bit and struggling with the notion that my best years are behind me.

Village Farang is an online persona I adopted roughly eleven years ago and use across all my social media accounts, which include a blog, facebook, google+, twitter and various forums.
I live in a house, in a field, in a valley with a view

I-Ranger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3676 on: April 27, 2018, 07:23:05 AM »
Greetings!

So today I begin my FIRE journey. I am 41, single, no kids, 2 dogs, and am beyond grateful that MMM opened my eyes to the stupidity of my consumerist ways. My goal is to be FI in 10 years, and I feel good about my chances.

I changed careers 4 years ago and completed pharmacy school last summer, so while my new 115k/year salary is great, I have 260k in school loans. Fortunately, I enrolled in the federal public service loan forgiveness program and also got a 20k/year for 4 years state rural loan forgiveness grant, so I'll pay nothing out of pocket for 4 years, then pay about $800/month for 6 years and then be debt free!

I've never been a saver or investor, so I've been ramping up on that and learning as much as I can about investing. I did buy a 33k SUV not long after starting my new job, and after seeing the MMM light, I want to punch myself in the face every time I get into it to drive the 2 miles to my job. Ugh. I'm buying a cheap house near my job soon, and once I'm settled in there I will sell the SUV that costs me $1000/month (aaaaarrrrgghhh!!!) and go buy something sane for cash. At that point I will continue tightening the screws until I am at the 66.5% savings rate that will make me FI in 10 years.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon MMM and look forward to learning from this great community!

bcbaseballman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3677 on: April 27, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
Hello my name is David.
I am 28 years old, have an amazing wife, and two children. I live in a Haysville, Ks. Been reading about all this for a while know figured it was time for me to join

verfrugal

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3678 on: April 30, 2018, 10:12:58 AM »
Greetings;

I'm a hacker who lives in Vermont.

I've always been relatively frugal, and debt free except for a brief 1yr period with a mortgage which I paid off last year.  A few years ago, I sold a startup, which greatly accelerated my retirement timeline, and also let me take care of my family.

I really enjoy the MMM perspective because it's a environmentalist blog disguised as a FIRE blog.
I'll retire when I'm bored.

felixiscariot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3679 on: May 01, 2018, 08:31:46 AM »
Hello,

I'm new to Mustachianism - only six months in. I hail from Kansas (LFK!). I don't recall exactly how I stumbled across this blog but for the last two years my wife and I have been improving our finances through increasing our earnings and paying off our debt rapidly and it was in that pursuit that I wound up here. We thought we were doing pretty good at keeping our costs low but then I found MMM and realized we had much room for improvement. In the last six months alone we've cut our expenses down by roughly $600/month (that includes energy, food, gas (I got a free bike from a friend!), and a bunch of other random things). I'm also experimenting with minimalism which has helped wrangle my consumer sucka tendencies.

We still have some student loan debt but we're wrapping that up. All the money we currently put towards student loans amounts to about 65% -70% of our take home income, when the loans are gone it will all go to savings. We're looking at retiring by the time I'm 40 (9 years), but that would include us increasing our income and reducing our expenses over the next few years which is no guarantee but I like to push myself a little! At the very least we want to build up a stream of investment income through Indexing and renting our current house when it's paid off which will help ease the need to rely on full time employment.

Anyway, I look forward to participating in various threads as a way of keeping myself motivated!
your life is your life
donít let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
-Bukowski

Stacher

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3680 on: May 01, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
Hi all,

40+ years, from Finland, wife and two kids in late teenage.

I've started the path to FI earlier, but not really doing the math and being conciuos about it. My savings rate in recent years has been in the range of 20-30%.

I found MMM blog last summer and it made me realize that I'm getting there way too slowly. The other learning was that RE is actually something that can be achieved without doing anything extreme. I just have to improve the choices I make and I can get there in 12-15 years.

After finding MMM I've made some corrective action:
- Paid off my 5k credit card balance, that was basically just adding cost to my life.
- Paid the car loan 9 months early because I could.

Now I'm pushing my savings rate from 30 % in 2017 to 45-50 % in 2018. After reaching that level I will start aiming to get up to 55-60 %. I expect this will be an interesting journey and to support it I feel I have to register here.

politenessman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • My Journal
« Reply #3681 on: May 06, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »
I'm Tony and I got into this later in life (50s)
Hoping to secure my retirement and stop making silly mistakes.
In IT, married, empty nester. Wife is also mostly on board.
Maybe if we are lucky we can retire a little earlier than planned.

Antonn Park

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Blue Flower Editing
« Reply #3682 on: May 08, 2018, 11:52:26 AM »
Hello, I'm Antonn. I'm a copyeditor and proofreader who wants to learn how to retire early. I'm in my mid-thirties, so I have some time to plan. I'm already pretty frugal but have a big student loan I'd like to pay off as soon as possible.

jamesdg33

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3683 on: May 08, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm James - I'm from AZ, almost 30 years old, and beginning on my FI journey. My wife and I were married last year, have been together for 8, and have two dogs and a cat! We have about 130,000 net worth (not including home equity of about 55,000), and are both new to the FI lifestyle. I am ready to RE now, but realize we're not ready. I am moving from a 9-5 government job into a more entrepreneurial career soon and my wife is a school teacher. Hoping to learn from you all, and offer anything I can to the community!

James
<ahref="http://share.personalcapital.com/x/KX4HR0">Personal Capital - Get $20</a>

jengod

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3684 on: May 08, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
Hello, I'm Antonn. I'm a copyeditor and proofreader who wants to learn how to retire early. I'm in my mid-thirties, so I have some time to plan. I'm already pretty frugal but have a big student loan I'd like to pay off as soon as possible.

Welcome Antonn! Good luck crushing that loan!!
Waste is lost profit made visible. #zerowastehome #permaculture

Reading with children pays dividends. Recommended resources for Mustachian families: The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease |  The Read-Aloud Revival podcast by Sarah McKenzie | Books to Build On by E.D. Hirsch | The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer | Babies Need Books by Dorothy Butler

california

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3685 on: May 09, 2018, 11:04:05 AM »
Hello everyone!

I live and work in California as a personal trainer, and recently inherited some money from my father.  He not only was a great, funny, loving man, but had great financial habits (lived on 25% of his retirement income, donated 25% of it, saved/invested the other 50%).

I was researching how to invest it intelligently and came across this website.  I have no debts, but I also spend more than I need to.

Hoping to treat my finances like a successful workout plan: having a smartly designed approach and being disciplined about following it.

Cheers!

drparrish09

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3686 on: May 10, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
Hi everyone!

I'm new the FIRE concept and am stoked about it.  Still chipping away at my student loan debt currently but should be done in 15 months and then the real fun begins.  I'm excited to have a place where people have the same goals I have and don't look at me like I have three heads when I tell them I can't go out to eat because its not in my budget.

If you are ever in the Fairhope/Mobile, AL area give me a shout!

Boardgamer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3687 on: May 11, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

Excited to be a part of this community.

Financial background: Age 38, have $225k in retirement accounts, $195k in home/investment property equity, about $27k liquid, $42k in teacher pension account

Have about 40k student loan debt @ 2.25% interest

My wife and I are trying to max out 401ks and IRAs plus I get some, employer matching, which adds up to saving $52k per year. We also get about $18000 a year in home equity.

Goals: stop eating out so much, cook more beans and rice, fund an HSA, open a taxable investment account, possibly open a 529 for 3 year old son- current plan is to use my Roth IRA and rental property income (will be paid off in 10 years) for his college or at least some of it

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:55:04 PM by Boardgamer »

aujusco

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3688 on: May 13, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »
Hello from sunny Tucson, AZ! Long time lurker and finally decided to join the community. I'm 43, married, no kids, and I've been on the FI journey for 2 years. I'm taking this nice and easy, planning to reach FI when I turn 50.
I'm a freelance online college instructor and I adjunct for about 7 schools. Hubby and I have 2 rental properties. I plan to pay them and the primary resident paid off by the time I'm 50 too.
Excited to be here!
Angela

jamesdg33

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3689 on: May 18, 2018, 12:21:18 PM »
Hello from sunny Tucson, AZ! Long time lurker and finally decided to join the community. I'm 43, married, no kids, and I've been on the FI journey for 2 years. I'm taking this nice and easy, planning to reach FI when I turn 50.
I'm a freelance online college instructor and I adjunct for about 7 schools. Hubby and I have 2 rental properties. I plan to pay them and the primary resident paid off by the time I'm 50 too.
Excited to be here!
Angela

Hello to a fellow Arizonan!
<ahref="http://share.personalcapital.com/x/KX4HR0">Personal Capital - Get $20</a>

nkt0

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3690 on: May 20, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
Hi. Iím Nick. Fourty-two year old dude living in a small house in Philadelphia with my wife, who is an indie author. While Iím new to the MMM community, turns out Iíve been living by many of the same ďlive smallĒ principals for a while.

Now Iím inspired to retire by age 50. I hope the MMM community can help inspire me and validate my plans.

Rustychase

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3691 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:54 PM »
Hi all! I'm Marie, 24, single, no kids, 35k in debt from student loans, working on a master's (cause my bachelor's won't didn't find me a job for 2 years after I graduated), NOT going into more debt with that.
I want to own and live on a sailboat and travel everywhere in it one day.

J Dough

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3692 on: May 22, 2018, 07:04:39 AM »
This seems like a good place for a first post. Hi! I'm happy to be part of this forum. I'm still wrestling a little bit with how much of my financial situation and personal information to put out here. MMM and JLCollinsnh have been a big part of destroying my student loans, and if I can keep up the pace, they'll be gone by the end of the year. Thanks in advance for all the support and help I'm sure I'll get here, and I'll do what I can to return the favors.

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3693 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »
Welcome everyone!

PeachyStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3694 on: May 24, 2018, 03:29:29 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm a 20-year-old college student (majoring in computer science... why so many CS people do FIRE I won't understand) ready to train myself in the ways of badassity and FIRE.

My focus right now is to do well in school while trimming expenses as much as I can. I start my sophomore year in about three months, and managed a 3.7 GPA in my freshman year. I'm looking forward to starting on my adventure and making the most of it. Glad to have the community here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:40:24 AM by PeachyStash »
Student in training for FIRE.

Rustychase

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3695 on: May 24, 2018, 09:22:07 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm a 20-year-old college student (majoring in computer science... why so many CS people do FIRE I won't understand) ready to train myself in the ways of badassity and FIRE.

My focus right now is to do well in school while trimming expenses as much as I can. I start my sophomore year in about three months, and managed a 3.7 GPA in my freshman year. I'm looking forward to starting on my adventure and making the most of it. Glad to have the community here.

Nice to see you! Looking forward to seeing your journey! I'm working on my master's at 24, so I have similar "do awesome" goals while not spending a lot lol

TSpacagna

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3696 on: May 24, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
Hello!
I am Ted and I am a new Mustachian convert. Found the blog via a few podcast interviews some weeks ago and have been diving in since.
Since reading, my girlfriend and I have both purchased (cheapo) bikes and we are working on moving closer to both our jobs! Super exciting!
We both used to work in 'tech' (retail). Now I help manage bands and shes expanding her career in HR.
Definitely an interesting time in our lives, and we are already noticing change for the better!
Looking forward to talking to everyone!

Happily Irrelevant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3697 on: May 25, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
Hello, I'm 52 and have been FIRE'd for 6 years.  I did it the easy way by joining the military.  After 20 years they give you half your pay so you only have to save enough to cover the rest.  My whole life I've been frugal as I've never required much to be satisfied.  MMM turned out to be a collection of people that viewed money as I did. 

flower_girl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3698 on: May 29, 2018, 04:30:47 AM »
Hi everyone.  Aurelia here from NZ.

I have been reading a lot of the website and forum and am very happy to join you.

Best wishes to everyone.

XC1984

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3699 on: May 29, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Scott from LA. I'm 52, and have been working for big corporations in the finance area for 30 years. I finally decided to pick a number and a date, and I plan to be FI in 4 years when my daughter finishes college.