Author Topic: Recommendations for a good iPhon 4s charger cord?  (Read 2208 times)

FireYourJob

• Stubble
    • Get Rich or Die Trying!
Recommendations for a good iPhon 4s charger cord?
« on: October 18, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
I've finally worn out the cord that came with the 4s when I purchased it 3 years ago.

Going to buy something on amazon.  Any cost effective AND effective recommendations?  I'd like something at least 6'.

GizmoTX

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Recommendations for a good iPhon 4s charger cord?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »
Just look for the highly rated ones with a lot of reviewers. The bad ones do get bad reviews.
Unless you really need 6', I like the retractable cords, especially for travel.

AtlantaBob

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 07:38:15 PM »
Search for either Amazon Basics (amazon.com), or whatever is on sale at Monoprice.com. Fair warning, I've previously bought 3 of the same item from Monoprice to make sure that I receive 2 functioning items, but their prices are great. Good luck,

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
I have a friend who works for a large chain hotel. I've never bought a charger cord in my life. They have a stockpile of chargers left behind from mostly business guests - they phone the customer, tell them how much it will be for postage and they usually hear "don't worry about it, you keep it". iPhone cords are the most common.

If you know anyone who works in this area, maybe ask them. You may not have to pay for one.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
You can get these crazy cheap on ebay.  Like a couple bucks.  Read the reviews, but I'd had pretty good luck -- maybe one out of five has failed?  At his price, I'm willing to consider them short-life products vs. the $20 Apple ones.  Note, however, that the phone will display an error message.  It should still charge, but the popup might be annoying.

edit: Oh, and if you want 6 feet, you might just want to add a USB extender.  This kind of thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Pack-of-2-Cables-10ft-USB-2-0-A-Male-to-A-Female-Extension-Cable-/390858848647?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:12:26 AM by dragoncar »