Author Topic: Park Bike Stand Sale PCS-10 for $135 Shipped.  (Read 3092 times)

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
Park Bike Stand Sale PCS-10 for $135 Shipped.
« on: October 29, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »
I didn't know which category to put this in.

I've had my eyes on this for a long time and haven't seen the price drop this low since 2011 on slickdeals! Stoked as my wife wants a bike too and I've been putting off cleaning my chain cause it's such a PITA to do it without a stand. :)

http://slickdeals.net/f/8192109-park-tool-pcs-10-bike-home-mechanic-repair-stand-135-shipped

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Park Bike Stand Sale PCS-10 for $135 Shipped.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 01:08:15 PM »
I built my own bike stand for only a couple bucks, and it's been working out OK.  The pro ones do look cool though . . .

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:17:05 PM »
I built my own bike stand for only a couple bucks, and it's been working out OK.  The pro ones do look cool though . . .

Yeah, this is one of the in between models. It's definitely not cheap but I've tried to get used and they really hold their value. I also don't have the space in my garage to do a ton of work so having the stand will really help as it's mobile. Even trying to clean your chain is terrible when you're doing it without a stand.

mschaus

• Stubble
    • blog
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 01:49:58 PM »
I'll confirm that this is a great stand (though I haven't used many). It folds up small to stash in my apartment closet, then I can take it out to use in the parking garage.

I found mine in perfect condition for $80 at an REI garage sale -- I recommend keeping an eye out!

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:59 PM »
I'll confirm that this is a great stand (though I haven't used many). It folds up small to stash in my apartment closet, then I can take it out to use in the parking garage.

I found mine in perfect condition for $80 at an REI garage sale -- I recommend keeping an eye out!

That's where I got my bike! REI is too far away for me right now though. Great idea though, you can get some killer deals there.

CheapskateWife

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: Hill Country, TX - Being a blueberry in the Tomato Soup
  • FIRE'd and Loving it!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 01:54:56 PM »
DH uses one of these to perform repairs on our corral of bikes and it has been very handy.  Folks up nicely out of the way when its not in use.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 02:26:02 PM »
DH uses one of these to perform repairs on our corral of bikes and it has been very handy.  Folks up nicely out of the way when its not in use.

That's great to hear. I don't mind spending money on something when I've wanted it for literally years and just waited for a deal. :)

Rubic

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »
Can confirm it's a wonderful bike stand.  I got mine as a Christmas present a few years ago.  Love it!

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »
Eventually I'd like to get something like that, but what works pretty darn well for most repairs where the bike needs to be off the ground is either:

1. Putting it on my bike rack, strapping it down if need be to stay in place.

2. Flipping it upside down, putting one sawhorse underneath handlebars, one underneath the seat. Or just do this on the ground, putting a towel down under each to avoid unnecessary scratching/scuffing from contact with concrete.

m8547

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »
Before I bought one of those stands (I have the one linked to), I used a pull-up bar in a door frame.