Author Topic: open online bank account  (Read 7380 times)

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
open online bank account
« on: August 08, 2015, 04:03:00 PM »
there is a way to open bank account without too many restrictions? the few services i found for online bank account have various restrictions from paying hundreds of euros per month(doesn't remember the exact amount but it was alot) or being a US citizen which i am not. there is a way to open a bank account online without this problems?.

brainfart

• Stubble
Re: open online bank account
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »
???

paying hundreds of euros per month

For a bank account? Really?

or being a US citizen which i am not.

Post more details. Where are you located? What nationality? What kind of bank account do you need? In which country?

Friar

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 04:36:38 PM »
???

I presume OP means they have to pay a certain amount in per month to keep the account either free or active.

Many bank accounts in the UK have this stipulation, for example TSB do a current (read: checking) account that give 5% interest on balances up to £2k but requires £500 flowing into the account each month.

My primary account also requires a minimum amount of, I think, £1k coming in per month in order to remain fee-free. They don't have any stipulations on how long it needs to stick around for so you could move it out the same day if you felt like it.

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 05:28:13 PM »
???

or being a US citizen which i am not.

Post more details. Where are you located? What nationality? What kind of bank account do you need? In which country?

i am from israel and i want a checking account that will let me deal with small amount of money like dozens or hundreds of dollars, and give me the ability to get wire payments.

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 07:48:20 AM »
i am from israel and i want a checking account that will let me deal with small amount of money like dozens or hundreds of dollars, and give me the ability to get wire payments.
it is possible to open such bank account online??

brainfart

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »
If you tell us where you currently live (Israel? Europe? Some other place?) and if that bank account should be in the same country someone might be able to help.

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 01:19:06 PM »
If you tell us where you currently live (Israel? Europe? Some other place?) and if that bank account should be in the same country someone might be able to help.
i live in israel and never left the country. i used the wrong sentence "i am from" instead of "i live in" to describe where i live.

and does it matter where the bank is located? i want to use it for paying online and receiving money from people outside of israel

barbaz

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »
It doesn't matter where the bank is located, but the bank should offer accounts in your country that satisfy all your local laws. Otherwise, you have to take of all legal stuff manually (or risk being sued for tax evasion or worse).

I don't know about the bank situation in Israel, here in Europe, free checking accounts with online banking are pretty much the norm (international transaction might create additional fees, though).

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »
It doesn't matter where the bank is located, but the bank should offer accounts in your country that satisfy all your local laws. Otherwise, you have to take of all legal stuff manually (or risk being sued for tax evasion or worse).

I don't know about the bank situation in Israel, here in Europe, free checking accounts with online banking are pretty much the norm (international transaction might create additional fees, though).

i don't care too much about tax laws, i just want to know about services that i can use as bankaccount. i obviously preffer to act according to the law but its my last concern right now

brainfart

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
i don't care too much about tax laws, i just want to know about services that i can use as bankaccount. i obviously preffer to act according to the law but its my last concern right now

But it's the first concern of the bank.
For example, why do you think a foreign bank would give you, a non-resident an account without ever having met you in person and checked your identity?

I am clueless regarding the Israeli banking industry, this might not be the best place to ask for the best deals in your corner of the world.

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »

For example, why do you think a foreign bank would give you, a non-resident an account without ever having met you in person and checked your identity?

I am clueless regarding the Israeli banking industry, this might not be the best place to ask for the best deals in your corner of the world.

there is no online banking service that can work with me without some personal meeting? i don't have problem with proving my identity with picture of my identity card. does it possible?

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 05:01:37 PM »
there is no online banking service that can work with me without some personal meeting? i don't have problem with proving my identity with picture of my identity card. does it possible?

Have you tried http://www.unionbank.co.il/979-en/UnionBank.aspx?

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »

Frankly this whole exchange is just sketchy as hell.

Dexterous

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 05:46:33 PM »
Cyclonite, you should search for banks in Singapore.  They offer accounts in any nearly any currency and can speak to you in English.  Their banking privacy laws are also some of the best in the world right now.  AKA, it's the new Switzerland for banking purposes.

For the record, I'm only offering this advice for legal uses.  Your request does seem rather suspicious given the lack of detail.  I'm giving you the courtesy due to a possible language barrier issue.  :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 05:50:09 PM by Dexterous »

brainfart

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 11:19:57 PM »
If you want to send or receive money internationally without paying huge fees, check out TransferWise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TransferWise
https://transferwise.com/

You still need a local bank account to do this, so it's not anonymous.

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 08:34:00 AM »
Cyclonite, you should search for banks in Singapore.  They offer accounts in any nearly any currency and can speak to you in English.  Their banking privacy laws are also some of the best in the world right now.  AKA, it's the new Switzerland for banking purposes.

For the record, I'm only offering this advice for legal uses.  Your request does seem rather suspicious given the lack of detail.  I'm giving you the courtesy due to a possible language barrier issue.  :)
i readed an article about offshoe banking in singapore and it said that its much harder now to open bank account in singapore and that they "require a letter of introduction from your current bank in your home country", and i don't have bank account at all and i want to do it only online.

mskyle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »
Could you maybe give a list of the kinds of transactions you would like to perform, and how much money (ideally in euros or USD) you would be keeping in the account? Also what do you do with your money now? Are you paid in cash and keep it under the bed? Do you get your paycheck loaded on a prepaid card? I think people are having trouble answering you because we have no idea what you're talking about.

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 04:55:24 PM »
More importantly, why the hesitance to have to appear in-person?  To be frank, it seems very much like you want a place to put and transfer money untraceably without verifying identity in a concrete way (a photo of an ID card could be easily faked) and that sets off warning bells for me and others.

barbaz

• Stubble
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 02:19:21 AM »
OP never said he wants to hide his identity, nor did he say he wants untraceable money transfers. As far as I can tell, all OP is looking for is a direct bank that offers free checking accounts in Israel.

BTW, have you checked this (translation) wiki page?

brainfart

• Stubble
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 03:52:52 AM »
As far as I can tell, all OP is looking for is a direct bank that offers free checking accounts in Israel.

I wonder if MMM is the right place to ask such a question.

cyclonite

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »
Could you maybe give a list of the kinds of transactions you would like to perform, and how much money (ideally in euros or USD) you would be keeping in the account? Also what do you do with your money now? Are you paid in cash and keep it under the bed? Do you get your paycheck loaded on a prepaid card? I think people are having trouble answering you because we have no idea what you're talking about.
i want to get paid and pay for stuff online, both in dollars. the amount i am planning to keep is from few dozens to few hundreds of dollars. i don't need cashe just something like paypal just without limitations.

btw i checked my limitations on my unverified account on paypal and saw that the limitations are all about "withdrawing" money. does "withdrawing" means bank withdrawing and cash or any kind of receiving money on paypal? and what about sending money?. i asked that question on paypal forum, but it looks like the forum is dedicated for US users and that most of the people doesn't have much knowldege about limitations in other countries. i also tried to contact paypal directly but they still didn't answered me about this

jlajr

• Stubble
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 11:54:04 PM »
I'm also not entirely sure what you're actually looking for, cyclonite, but allow me to suggest for online payments a prepaid credit/charge card, such as those offered by Israel Post (for example, http://www.israelpost.co.il/content.nsf/pages/smartcard_en?opendocument&L=EN.

For that matter, a banking account with Israel Post (http://www.israelpost.co.il/postshirut.nsf/misparide/101?opendocument&L=EN) might actually meet your stated purposes and criteria. For example, you can receive payments from foreign (non-Israeli) sources. It also looks like you can get a Visa CAL debit card (http://www.israelpost.co.il/postshirut.nsf/misparide/140?opendocument&L=EN), which could be used for online payments - although in the past I've had issues with using a debit card for certain online payments.

Disclosure: I do not work for Israel Post, and am not recommending any of its products or services. I'm merely posting that they appear to be available.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2015, 07:46:29 PM »
I thought most bank accounts could receive payments from overseas, or make payments to overseas?

Do no Israeli banks offer this?