Poll

What is your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?  (DON'T vote unless you know!)

ISTJ
67 (8.7%)
ISFJ
20 (2.6%)
INFJ
77 (10%)
INTJ
266 (34.7%)
ISTP
15 (2%)
ISFP
6 (0.8%)
INFP
46 (6%)
INTP
107 (14%)
ESTP
9 (1.2%)
ESFP
2 (0.3%)
ENFP
20 (2.6%)
ENTP
38 (5%)
ESTJ
19 (2.5%)
ESFJ
4 (0.5%)
ENFJ
13 (1.7%)
ENTJ
58 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 743

Author Topic: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator  (Read 43878 times)

tthree

• Bristles
Re: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2015, 01:23:06 AM »
INTJ.  Have been forever…first took the Myers-Briggs test in Grade 8.  Took it again in my thirties, slightly less introverted, but other that that nothing else changed in 20+ years:)

Bardo

• Stubble
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 07:41:04 AM »
INTP, although I have also come out as INTJ when I took it in the past.

Bumbling Bee

• Stubble
    • Journey of a Thousand Face Punches
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:13 AM »
Years ago, I took a class at work for new managers; there were maybe 50 people in the class. One of the activities was to have people with similar Myers-Briggs types congregate in different sections of the room - SPs, SJs, NFs, and NTs in each corner - in order to do a group exercise. I stood all alone in my NT corner, with flashbacks to elementary school (and middle school, and high school...). They had to send one of the (relatively few) NFs over so that we could do the exercise. I don't remember much about the exercise, except at one point thinking of my ersatz MBT compatriot, "Wow, we sure look at the world differently."

I've always wondered where my fellow INTJs were; now I know. They're hanging out on the MMM forum!

Helvegen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 09:30:25 AM »
INTx, my P/J preference is extremely weak.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 09:53:16 AM »
Has anyone taken a DISC analysis, enneagram or Strength Finders? I find if you are able to combine multiple test data you can get a much better understanding of your personality.

begood

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 11:14:23 AM »
[moved from less pertinent thread]

Huh. So far I'm the only ESFJ on the poll above. My N/S are almost even, but since I started working as an editor, my S has been pulled out due to all the detail work.

I'm married to a pure ENTJ, and I'm mom to an IN_J - her T and F are still forming, but I think she leans F. Why does it help to  know these things? Because I had to have someone explain what introverts are, and what they need, and why they act like they do. Having the MB types gives us language to use and a framework to understand our daughter, especially in recognizing that we have similarities in personality as well as differences. We emphasize the J we all share and accommodate the difference between our E and her I.

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »
ENTP, all the way.  Describes me to a T.

Amasa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
INTP, although I have also come out as INTJ when I took it in the past.

That's funny. I went the opposite way! I used to be INTP, but now I'm getting a strong J in INTJ. I've heard people say that the last letter is the one that changes the most throughout your life.

MrMoogle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
I'm the same way.  I'm officially INTP, although they had to ask more questions to determine whether I was P or J.

I'm always on time, but never organized :)

Bardo

• Stubble
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2015, 01:49:20 PM »

Same here.  I've tested out both INTJ and INTP, apparently landing right on the border. 

It's fascinating that a group that is estimated to only account for 2-4% of the population as a whole makes up a majority of the people on this board.  I wonder what characteristic it is exactly in the INTx bucket that draws people.  In my case I'd say there was more that a whiff of OCD mixed in, manifested by an obsession with tracking net worth, spending etc. 

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2015, 03:51:02 PM »
I wonder what characteristic it is exactly in the INTx bucket that draws people.  In my case I'd say there was more that a whiff of OCD mixed in, manifested by an obsession with tracking net worth, spending etc.

From my perspective INTJ personality type is a ruthless and relentless optimizing personality.

Finances are a very tangible thing to optimize.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »
For anyone wondering exactly what you are, or if you've tested for multiple types, look at this: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

Read what you think you are, and if it's inaccurate, try a different one. It should be pretty much spot on.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »
Really?  I am INTJ and I would not describe myself like that.  I have mostly operated on the principle " the perfect is the enemy of the good". Maybe I need to go to  http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html as posted by Cwadda and find my "true" self.

From my perspective INTJ personality type is a ruthless and relentless optimizing personality.

ETA - went and looked, I am a mix of INTJ and INTP, but when I do tests the J comes out ahead a bit.

I suppose the Serenity prayer is particularly appropriate for our groups.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 06:34:44 PM by RetiredAt63 »

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
I'm an ISFP with a well-developed J side. It's spot on :D

Keep in mind that just because you're a P doesn't mean you can't do J things (long-term financial planning, for instance).

clifp

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2015, 08:20:27 PM »
(your scores will change depending on when you take it)

This may be true for some people, but over the past ten years, I've taken an online test at least three times, and have gotten a result of INTJ every time.

INTJs do seem to be disproportionately represented on internet message boards related to early retirement. :P

I had a company administered test in my late 20s, I've taken at least 4 different online test over the last 20 years. I always come out INTJ.   Some of the time I'm more borderline between I/E.
I've also seen this poll being run on now four different early retirement/financial planning forums going back to 2000, and every case INTJ was the dominant personality type. I have also seen the poll run on several forum that had nothing to do with retirement, and while Introverts were fairly common, in no case were there lot of INTJs.

So for people who dismiss this as psuedo science, how much more data do I need to collect?

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2015, 08:41:52 PM »
+1

CoderNate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2015, 11:21:04 PM »
I used to be an INTJ all through high school and college until Junior year, when I became ENTJ. I just took two of these tests because I was so surprised by the result, and now apparently I'm an ENFP. After reading the descriptions of T and J versus F and P, I can't say I'm really surprised. I feel like I've changed a lot in the last year or two.

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2016, 11:58:39 AM »
Bumping this survey. Curious if this forum is still attracting an inordinate number of INTJ's or if the composition is shifting with increased popularity!

General MBTI discussion is here too: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/continue-the-blog-conversation/the-principle-of-constant-optimization-what's-your-myers-briggs/

tthree

• Bristles
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2016, 12:45:17 PM »
Has anyone taken a DISC analysis, enneagram or Strength Finders? I find if you are able to combine multiple test data you can get a much better understanding of your personality.
I have done the DISC analysis as well.  Our fitness instructor team did it a a group.  Not shockingly the major of the group were I.  There were 2 S and 2 C.  I was the only D.  It was pretty lonely in my quarter of the room when we divided up!

My MB type is INTJ.  On the surface this seems to be a contradiction; however I am most definitely introverted, but I am also able to confidently teach and direct a room full of people in activities I am knowledgable and passionate about.

Melisande

• Bristles
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »
At this point, the killjoy jumps in and says...

the Myers-Briggs, despite being wildly popular for reasons that personality psychologists cannot fathom, is neither a valid nor a reliable (your scores will change depending on when you take it) predictor of anything. It was created by a bored housewife based on a now largely discredited field of psychology (Jungian). The publishers of the Myers-Briggs are laughing all the way to the bank, which is possibly why they've never made the time to publish any validity studies in respectable peer reviewed journals. Although, the descriptors are vague enough to roughly fit about anyone's personality, making it appear valid to people on the face of it. So, if it's fun to chat about, then enjoy. But, don't take it seriously.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I hate to say it since I used to love taking the Myers-Briggs tests, but I agree with this analysis. I also think that some of the axes might be more valid than others. I've found the I-E axis really useful and I think it does correspond to something real in many people's personalities, but P-J and T-F? Maybe it's just me because I seem to always fall right smack in the middle of these axes, so I usually come up with something like INXX as a type (which really isn't that helpful).

But then one day, I realized that I'm not really middle of the road when it comes to (T)hinking and (F)eeling, I am both a strong thinker and a strong feeler. I feel very comfortable thinking and feeling and this shows up in my life. For my undergraduate I was in a double degree program in Computer Science and Vocal Performance (think opera singing) and was very good at each. I really enjoy analyzing things and making these works and yet I also understand both my emotional life and the lives of others.

Moreover, philosophical neurologists (like Antonio Damasio) have theorized that emotion is not the opposite of reason (in spite of centuries of philosophy that has organized itself in part around this opposition) but instead that our reasoning abilities depend on our emotional lives.

I also think there might be something wrong with the P-J axis. A couple of signs of being a J are being organized and good with deadlines -- being a finisher, vs. preferring things to be more open-ended. What can I say? I think I (and many other people) are very much both depending on the situation. For certain things I really like being orderly and getting things done on time or even early (like when I do my taxes). When I am writing a long, complex, emotionally-charged letter (email) to a friend, however, I prefer to take my time, put the letter aside, rework it, put it aside again, and then finally send it (or not) as I see fit.

I have mentioned these problems to people and have heard that I really need to have the test administered by a professional. Then, I think: "Ah, yes, I might have believed that in my 20s, but I have been around the block of few times ..."

MoonShadow

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2016, 01:49:50 PM »
At this point, the killjoy jumps in and says...

the Myers-Briggs, despite being wildly popular for reasons that personality psychologists cannot fathom, is neither a valid nor a reliable (your scores will change depending on when you take it) predictor of anything. It was created by a bored housewife based on a now largely discredited field of psychology (Jungian). The publishers of the Myers-Briggs are laughing all the way to the bank, which is possibly why they've never made the time to publish any validity studies in respectable peer reviewed journals. Although, the descriptors are vague enough to roughly fit about anyone's personality, making it appear valid to people on the face of it. So, if it's fun to chat about, then enjoy. But, don't take it seriously.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I took mine because my counselor requested it, and in a controlled testing environment.  She didn't pretend that it predicted anything, she was trying to get a 'snapshot' of my personality.  The Myers-Briggs is useful in relationship analysis, even if it is not a good predictor of the future.

For that matter, no personality test is a good predictor of future personalities.  Otherwise we would all just be organic machines, doomed to react to stimuli based upon our chemical programming. 

KarefulKactus15

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »
Where are all the ENTJ's?    Is there another forum I should attend to find like minded individuals? 

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2016, 04:01:45 PM »
ENTP here, I have also gotten ENTJ results before. I usually just say "ENTP" because I am actually an inventor and thats usually the overall description of the type.

Typhoid Mary

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2016, 04:06:57 PM »
So very, very INTJ. I'm married to an INTP. He has so many feelings.

ewwwww feelings!!!!  I hate those, they make everything so messy. I worked with an INFP once and I swear if I looked at her wrong she cried.  Married to and INTJ and we are basically devoid of emotion...not entirely sure if its a good thing or not.

This made me laugh so hard because I am INFP and I DO CRY if someone looks at me wrong! I am married to an INTJ and we confuse the heck out of each other but it works! I have enough feels for the both of us anyway.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »
I have done the DISC analysis as well.  Our fitness instructor team did it a a group.  Not shockingly the major of the group were I.  There were 2 S and 2 C.  I was the only D.  It was pretty lonely in my quarter of the room when we divided up!

My MB type is INTJ.  On the surface this seems to be a contradiction; however I am most definitely introverted, but I am also able to confidently teach and direct a room full of people in activities I am knowledgable and passionate about.
I'm also INTJ and spent my whole life teaching.  Sometimes the J is almost even with the F, but the others are consistent. 
It's an indicator, it helps us understand ourselves and each other.  So do other things - birth order can have an effect, for example, and some think that season of birth can also have an effect - if astrological signs have any use at all (not much, I am an atypical Leo) it would relate to season.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:42 AM »
Where are all the ENTJ's?    Is there another forum I should attend to find like minded individuals?

I think most of the ENTJs must be commanding and controlling their money "in the real world", not posting here often.  e.g., making it happen.   Or, they don't like MBTI  or answering surveys...

Classical_Liberal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »

I think most of the ENTJs must be commanding and controlling their money "in the real world", not posting here often.  e.g., making it happen.   Or, they don't like MBTI  or answering surveys...

Ha!  I'm a pretty strong ENTJ, I don't recall ever testing differently.  I read the descriptor up thread a bit and it nails my personality pretty effectively, with one exception, I am able to empathise and understand other people's POV's.  I dont think this is my "natural" state though. In my younger years, I was often frustrated people couldn't see it the right (ie my well researched) way. I've spent much time developing the ability to walk a mile in others shoes.  Today I'm certainly more empathetic and understand why people see the same issues differently, but they are still wrong :)

rachael talcott

• Bristles
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2016, 02:02:07 PM »
Awhile back this webpage did an informal study of MBTI and early retirement.  It takes into account the different frequencies of the types in the population (for example, extroversion is more common than introversion): http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/mbti.html

The results seem to be borne out by the survey on this thread:

"Actually, there appears to be three "retire early" personality types. (For those familiar with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) the three most common types among Retire Early board participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)"

Classical_Liberal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2016, 03:16:29 PM »
Awhile back this webpage did an informal study of MBTI and early retirement.  It takes into account the different frequencies of the types in the population (for example, extroversion is more common than introversion): http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com/mbti.html

"Actually, there appears to be three "retire early" personality types. (For those familiar with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) the three most common types among Retire Early board participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)"

It seems my fellow ENTJ's are under represented in early retirement.  I wonder if this is a social phenomenon vs inherent to the personality type itself.  ENTJ's tend to be thinkers just like the the three biggest categories of early retirees, however, our thinking function is outer world oriented.  Since in modern western society early retirement in not something we regularly see around us, ENTJ's tend to have never thought about the concept.  I used to work in finance and the idea of retiring in my 30's or 40's never even crossed my mind.  However, once I became dissatisfied with the whole system of work/employment, was introduced to the concept of FIRE, and learned from others working toward this goal, it has become the only logical path.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2016, 03:37:39 PM »

It seems my fellow ENTJ's are under represented in early retirement.  I wonder if this is a social phenomenon vs inherent to the personality type itself.  ENTJ's tend to be thinkers just like the the three biggest categories of early retirees, however, our thinking function is outer world oriented.  Since in modern western society early retirement in not something we regularly see around us, ENTJ's tend to have never thought about the concept.  I used to work in finance and the idea of retiring in my 30's or 40's never even crossed my mind.  However, once I became dissatisfied with the whole system of work/employment, was introduced to the concept of FIRE, and learned from others working toward this goal, it has become the only logical path.

My two thoughts as an INTJ? ENTJ tend to be a bit more power-seeking than INTJs and probably as a result would rather build a very successful career. Influence matters more to them than INTJ and they have the ability to get it.

/shameless generalizations

Classical_Liberal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2016, 03:52:24 PM »

My two thoughts as an INTJ? ENTJ tend to be a bit more power-seeking than INTJs and probably as a result would rather build a very successful career. Influence matters more to them than INTJ and they have the ability to get it.

/shameless generalizations

Wait... you mean I won't be handed keys to the kingdom AND receive accolades from all of my peers once FI is reached?!?!

The Happy Philosopher

• Bristles
    • thehappyphilosopher
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »

Yes, I have found the enneagram to actually be one of the more useful personality classifications in that it (at least for me) is more predictive of how I will behave and more actionable. I found the predictive paths of integration and dis-integration to be spooky in the way they describe and predict my behavior. The best book I've read on the topic is Wisdom of the Enneagram by Riso and Hudson.

None of these personality systems have lots of peer reviewed scientific evidence behind them (that I know of), but if used properly as a tool for insight into ourselves (rather than to justify all of our pathological behavior) I think they can be quite useful.

Never looked at strength finders, but I've heard of it. Is there a resource you recommend for checking it out?

Diniecita

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »
So very, very INTJ. I'm married to an INTP. He has so many feelings.

ewwwww feelings!!!!  I hate those, they make everything so messy. I worked with an INFP once and I swear if I looked at her wrong she cried.  Married to and INTJ and we are basically devoid of emotion...not entirely sure if its a good thing or not.

I'm an INFP. Although I don't think a typical one. I hate crying! I think she was just overly sensitive. Strangely, my husband is an INTJ and he introduced me to this blog and apparently they are well represented here. HA HA.

Spitfire

• Bristles
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »
I test out as an ISxJ when I do these things. I think like a "T" but I don't like confrontation so I get "F" sometimes too.

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2016, 11:14:57 AM »

Interesting, MMM forum is trending a tad differently at 1) INTJ 2) INTP 3) INFJ

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »
Never took the test.
Just stay away from me, don't talk to me.
Where's my hammer?
I took graphs of my BP into my doc last time.
I swear I'm not obsessed with my health.
I just think he needs good info to change my meds.
My BP meds!    :-)
OK, I have taken the test, but so long ago, I don't have a clue
about the results.
Where's my hammer?
Sometimes I question my short term memory.
However, I do remember things that matter to me.
                   :-]

Edit to add,
OK, trying to be a little bit funny above, maybe it didn't work :-)
 I just took this test.
http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
ISTP-T  I don't know what the added T is.
https://www.16personalities.com/istp-personality

Kind of interesting, " Often mechanics and engineers, ISTPs find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before."

My hobby is electronics, yep, I like to take things apart and repair them. As I''ve gotten old, I've lost a bit of interest in getting my hands dirty as in working on the car, but when I do, I feel good about the repair achieved, or the troubleshooting that was correct. I also like small construction projects, wood , metal, plastic or PCBs.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:30:33 AM by Qmavam »

rachael talcott

• Bristles
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:48 AM »

Interesting, MMM forum is trending a tad differently at 1) INTJ 2) INTP 3) INFJ

Looking at the graph in the link, they separate out actual early retirees from people who hope to retire early, and INFJs were over-represented among hopeful but not actual early retirees. Maybe that personality type is intrigued by FIRE but never quite pulls the trigger.  ISTJ seems to be a genuine difference between the MMM population and the population in the earlier study.  In fact, it looks like ISTJs are undderrepresented in the MMM population relative to the overall web population. 

Also, there are a lot more people in the survey above than in the linked study.

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2016, 09:48:12 AM »
Really?  I am INTJ and I would not describe myself like that. I have mostly operated on the principle " the perfect is the enemy of the good". Maybe I need to go to  http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html as posted by Cwadda and find my "true" self.

ETA - went and looked, I am a mix of INTJ and INTP, but when I do tests the J comes out ahead a bit.

I suppose the Serenity prayer is particularly appropriate for our groups.
That's really it's own optimization category though. For example, a perfect product would take me years to complete and have zero ROI, whereas a balanced imperfect product could be delivered in 3 months and start delivering value immediately.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2016, 09:57:02 AM »
Impressive. I had taken the official test in a high school class my senior year, and got INFJ. Out of curiosity, because I feel like I have changed a LOT over the years, I took the online one posted earlier... sure enough, INFJ. Funny that.

Although to be fair, the type name is "The Advocate", which is the #1 directive for nurses (which I am): patient advocate. So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised!

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »
^ Another INFJ. Though I've changed a lot over the years too, there has always been a cause to champion :)

Looking at the graph in the link, they separate out actual early retirees from people who hope to retire early, and INFJs were over-represented among hopeful but not actual early retirees. Maybe that personality type is intrigued by FIRE but never quite pulls the trigger.  ISTJ seems to be a genuine difference between the MMM population and the population in the earlier study.  In fact, it looks like ISTJs are undderrepresented in the MMM population relative to the overall web population. 

Also, there are a lot more people in the survey above than in the linked study.

Thanks for pointing that out! Evidently we need a separate survey for the actual early retired than the hopefuls :) And from 2000, goodness the original survey is due for an update!

NoVa

• Stubble
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »
When I was younger I tested as an INTJ. I got a little more extroverted as I got older, so now it's ENTJ. But the J is strong, I keep getting a perfect score on that. :)

jfolsen

runningthroughFIRE

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
  • As heavy as it needs to be to make you stronger
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2016, 01:03:15 PM »
Most of the time when I take these things I end up INTJ, which I think suits me fairly well.  I took it again this afternoon for kicks and got ISTJ, which surprised me and was a first, but also seemed to fit.

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »
Just added my vote- INFJ here too.

Someone once told me that INs  over represent in online communities compared to real life. That makes a lot of sense to me.

Also re the earlier post about INFJs not actually retiring early, I also suspect that I will not retire early (not from lack of funds, but I bet I will have a hard time pulling the trigger).

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »
Just added my vote- INFJ here too.

Someone once told me that INs  over represent in online communities compared to real life. That makes a lot of sense to me.

Also re the earlier post about INFJs not actually retiring early, I also suspect that I will not retire early (not from lack of funds, but I bet I will have a hard time pulling the trigger).

See, I don't actually *want* to retire early. I want to *be able to* retire early, but I don't foresee wanting to retire completely. I enjoy nursing, and there's always a new field to try. But I want the security of knowing I CAN early retire, if I change my mind.

Plans and back-up plans and back-ups for those, just for good measure =)

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2016, 02:32:14 PM »

See, I don't actually *want* to retire early. I want to *be able to* retire early, but I don't foresee wanting to retire completely. I enjoy nursing, and there's always a new field to try. But I want the security of knowing I CAN early retire, if I change my mind.

Plans and back-up plans and back-ups for those, just for good measure =)

Me too! I want to be able to have the freedom of walking away if I need to but I suspect I won't. My plan is actually to leave my corporate job and go into teaching (I might take a couple of detox years in between though). I've always been intrigued by teaching but could never justify it financially. My FI will bring me the ability to do a job that I'm passionate about instead of one that just pays well :)

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2016, 04:04:05 PM »
It is so great to see more INFJ's! And very well said. SWAMI-hood is more what I aspire to as well. FI will enable working or volunteering in a field/cause of choice. Also planning to leave a boatload of money to charity/things I support.

SyZ

• Stubble
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2016, 04:54:13 PM »
Personality type: “The Logician” (INTP-T)
Individual traits: Introverted – 85%, Intuitive – 56%, Thinking – 61%, Prospecting – 72%, Turbulent – 84%.
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement

Noodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2016, 07:51:04 PM »
It is so great to see more INFJ's! And very well said. SWAMI-hood is more what I aspire to as well. FI will enable working or volunteering in a field/cause of choice. Also planning to leave a boatload of money to charity/things I support.

Yes, as another INFJ, it was very exciting to see there are quite a few around here given the rarity in the general population. Supposedly INFJs typically look for meaningful careers, so it would make sense that they would be likely to be curious about ER (or using frugality skills borrowed from ER to make those meaningful careers viable/secure) but not necessarily wanting to give up work.

jondlc24

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2018, 11:27:10 AM »
Should ENTJ's with a job they enjoy retire early? I'm rereading what it means to be an ENTJ and while it's possible to replicate a similar situation in retirement, I'm wondering if it even makes sense to leave if I'm thriving in the workplace.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2018, 12:21:33 PM »
Should ENTJ's with a job they enjoy retire early? I'm rereading what it means to be an ENTJ and while it's possible to replicate a similar situation in retirement, I'm wondering if it even makes sense to leave if I'm thriving in the workplace.
Get to FI, then you get to decide what makes you happiest!  Doesn't matter what that is I don't think.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!