Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 5086801 times)

jordanread

Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
Just letting you know, but it is a felony to open someone else's mail.

But burning it's cool, and might even be legal. :-)

I was going to post about that guy who apparently heated his house an entire winter with just junk mail, but it might be an urban legend. Also, there are apparently ways to make a 'paper' log our of junk mail or whatever that burn pretty well. Also coffee ground logs...I went down a bit of a rabbit hole on that one. :-)

LeboLebo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #601 on: September 21, 2014, 12:56:44 AM »
I graduated debt free with my MBA just last month, and when my SO asked what I would like for a graduation present I couldn't think of anything :(

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #602 on: September 21, 2014, 01:44:11 AM »

I was going to post about that guy who apparently heated his house an entire winter with just junk mail, but it might be an urban legend. Also, there are apparently ways to make a 'paper' log our of junk mail or whatever that burn pretty well. Also coffee ground logs...I went down a bit of a rabbit hole on that one. :-)
I wouldnt recommend burning the junk mail in your house. You dont know what poisenous things are in the ink.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #603 on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:58 AM »

I wouldnt recommend burning the junk mail in your house. You dont know what poisenous things are in the ink.
Not sure about the ink thing,...but if you end up burning plastic cards, that can be toxic. Of course, it's pretty easy to tell whether there's a plastic card inside a closed envelope or not.

m8547

• Bristles
« Reply #604 on: September 22, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »
You can take care of the junk mail problem with Paper Karma. It's an app you use to take a picture of the offending mail, put in the address it was sent to, and they will try to unsubscribe you. For my last apartment I had 8 unique names for people that used to live at my address. For my current place I have three unique names even though the previous tenants lived here for five years. It has reduced the amount of junk mail I get.

You can also opt out of bulk mail, like flyers and coupons here: https://www.dmachoice.org/EDDM/

You can opt out of even more through the regular procedure on DMA Choice. I haven't used DMA Choice because I don't really want to give them my information, even though they probably already have it.

You can opt out of credit card offers at optoutprescreen.com. It only lasts 5 years unless you print out a form and mail it in. You can only do it for yourself since you need the SSN that goes with the name. It works fairly well, except that I got a credit card offer today.

As a rule, you can probably recycle anything that's sent Presort Standard without even opening it. Most of the time anything important is sent first class.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #605 on: September 23, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »
We cancelled cable three months ago.  We only had basic cable and it cost $55/month.  It seemed like too much money to be paying.  But anyway, we kept our TV.  It was one that my husband got for free because someone in his old apartament building had upgraded to a flat screen. 

Maybe I would be interested in upgrading my TV technology if I actually watched the thing.  On the other hand, I am not willing to get rid of something that works but is not the latest and greatest.  (We'll see what happens when hockey season starts, my husband may not be able to resist getting cable again).

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup

It's $160 one time instead of $660 for the year. Can't watch in market games but that's it. Might be a good option for your husband.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #606 on: September 26, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
After next year, Chase is going to stop giving you a 10% bonus on your credit card rewards for having a chase checking account. It's a small thing but the problem is you can't complain to anyone because no one else cares.

Actually the worst part is the intro, where instead of just being like, yeah, we're cutting a benefit, they say they are making changes to the program "to meet the evolving needs of our customers."

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #607 on: October 08, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »
I'm trying to measure my miles per gallon of my car by recording the odometer in between gas fillups and looking at the receipt for gallons filled. The problem is, I drive so infrequently that I still don't have a mpg reading yet (I would actually, but I didn't write down the odometer reading on fillup before my last up).

VirginiaBob

• Bristles
    • LRJ Discounters
« Reply #608 on: October 08, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »
Stuck paying for the mandatory $26/mo city trash pickup bill, but only fill up the trash can once per month.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #609 on: October 09, 2014, 09:33:10 AM »
You have to drive your car because you haven't driven it in three weeks and you know from experience that if you leave it too long the gas turns to jelly.

Shropskr

• Stubble
« Reply #610 on: October 09, 2014, 10:43:39 AM »
Your kinda happy when you accidentally killed you stick blender because now you have an answer to "what do you want for Christmas".

As to what happened to the poor blender don't cook when your on week two of a migraine.  Decision making becomes very poor, but it was fun watching the spin cycle on the washer.  Lol.  ;)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #611 on: October 09, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »
I always feel like people are judging me at the supermarket because I go through the line with just a few items of processed/branded food. It's because I buy all my staples and produce at the local Mexican produce market or Aldi.

Similarly, when someone asks for my Amazon wish list and there are no books on it. It looks like I don't read at all, when it's just that I get all my books from the library.

Just the cucumber, diapers, and condoms for me, thanks!

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #612 on: October 09, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »
I always feel like people are judging me at the supermarket because I go through the line with just a few items of processed/branded food. It's because I buy all my staples and produce at the local Mexican produce market or Aldi.

Similarly, when someone asks for my Amazon wish list and there are no books on it. It looks like I don't read at all, when it's just that I get all my books from the library.

I don't know if you have Amazon Prime (I'm a student so I've currently got it for free) but they now have the No Rush Shipping (where you purposely choose slow shipping even though you have prime) which gives you books/eBooks credit instead of video credit like they used to. So much more useful!

Louis the Cat

• Stubble
« Reply #613 on: October 09, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
Stuck paying for the mandatory $26/mo city trash pickup bill, but only fill up the trash can once per month.

For us, it's that all the trash companies here pick up trash weekly but recycling bi-weekly. We don't even put the trash out on the non-recycling weeks because it takes us several weeks to fill it up but the recycling is always overflowing by recycling day.

econberkeley

• Stubble
« Reply #614 on: October 10, 2014, 06:27:00 AM »
My last job was couple of blocks from the mall. My work group had a group lunch at the mall. Weather was so nice outside so i decided to walk to the mall. Finding parking is a hassle anyway. I asked everyone to join me. They could not believe i wanted to walk to the mall. The funny thing is the location is very upscale and safe. Anyway, rest of the group went downstairs, get into the parking elevator, get up to the 6 th floor and got into their huge suvs to drive 2 blocks and probably circle many times to find parking. As i expected, i was the first person to arrive:)

Cinder

• Bristles
« Reply #615 on: October 10, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »

Just the cucumber, diapers, and condoms for me, thanks!

I'll just leave this here...
http://xkcd.com/236/

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #616 on: October 10, 2014, 07:51:18 AM »

Or going through the checkout at Costco with only a few food items (that will get eaten or frozen, not wasted) in the cart.  When I see someone else there with < 6 items, we usually exchange grins. Maybe we do need the mustache signal, although finger across upper lip may look pretty silly for two middle-aged women.   Even sillier if the second has no idea what the first is doing.

Costco needs a fast checkout lane like my grocery store has.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #617 on: October 10, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »
We cancelled cable three months ago.  We only had basic cable and it cost $55/month.  It seemed like too much money to be paying.  But anyway, we kept our TV.  It was one that my husband got for free because someone in his old apartament building had upgraded to a flat screen. 

Maybe I would be interested in upgrading my TV technology if I actually watched the thing.  On the other hand, I am not willing to get rid of something that works but is not the latest and greatest.  (We'll see what happens when hockey season starts, my husband may not be able to resist getting cable again).

It's $160 one time instead of $660 for the year. Can't watch in market games but that's it. Might be a good option for your husband.

I see your GameCenter and raise you Hockeystreams.com.  This is a Dutch website and $110 for the year gets you ALL the games including local, national, and the playoffs--hell, he can even watch minor and European leagues if he wants.  The games are often in high-def too.  I heard about it a couple of years ago, took it up last year when it was offering a playoff package--and fired DirecTV immediately.   

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #618 on: October 10, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »

Or going through the checkout at Costco with only a few food items (that will get eaten or frozen, not wasted) in the cart.  When I see someone else there with < 6 items, we usually exchange grins. Maybe we do need the mustache signal, although finger across upper lip may look pretty silly for two middle-aged women.   Even sillier if the second has no idea what the first is doing.

My boyfriend and I have come up with a pretty good solution, since we also tend to get two things at a time from Costco - as soon as we walk in he parks himself in line while I go get our stuff. By the time I make it back, it's our turn. Efficiency!

Timmmy

• Bristles
« Reply #619 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »

I see your GameCenter and raise you Hockeystreams.com.  This is a Dutch website and $110 for the year gets you ALL the games including local, national, and the playoffs--hell, he can even watch minor and European leagues if he wants.  The games are often in high-def too.  I heard about it a couple of years ago, took it up last year when it was offering a playoff package--and fired DirecTV immediately.

In a single moment you both made my day and ruined it.  They are not accepting new members at this time.  I requested an invite but who knows how long that will take.  :(

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #620 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »

My boyfriend and I have come up with a pretty good solution, since we also tend to get two things at a time from Costco - as soon as we walk in he parks himself in line while I go get our stuff. By the time I make it back, it's our turn. Efficiency!

But what about the free sample buffet???

daymare

• Bristles
« Reply #621 on: October 10, 2014, 09:32:55 AM »
I've recently started tracking all of our expenses on a personal googledoc spreadsheet - I actually really enjoy this.  I've been using Mint for many years, but this is cleaner (don't need to gray out the CC payments, transfers, and other non-purchases).  The only problem is that we've gotten so good at spending consciously that there isn't much to keep track of :(

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #622 on: October 10, 2014, 09:37:22 AM »
Mustachian problems:

Credit card company drops *you* because you haven't used the card in years

Kids look at a new expandable video game, and say "they're just trying to get you to buy more stuff"

Window trim on your car shrivels up in the sun because it hasn't moved in months

Wife says "We need a new refrigerator, do we have the money?" when we have $12K sitting in our bank account just for emergencies

Someone gives you a 48" TV, which (predictably) gets broken a year later, and you don't bother replacing it

You start bringing electrical junk to work and leaving it there, because the local dump won't take it and nobody wants it

Every time you stop in a fast food place, there's like 10 new things on the menu you've never heard of

I'm sure I have more if I think about it...

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #623 on: October 10, 2014, 09:48:42 AM »
Every time you stop in a fast food place, there's like 10 new things on the menu you've never heard of
My Mustachian problem is that there are like 10 new fast food restaurants nearby that I was unaware of.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #624 on: October 10, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »

But what about the free sample buffet???

We're both vegans, so they very rarely have anything we'd eat anyways.

jawnzee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #625 on: October 10, 2014, 10:19:11 AM »
your last paycheck was just enough to cover expenses...

...because you're contributing 80% to your 401k for the rest of the year to reach the contribution limit

:D

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #626 on: October 10, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »

In a single moment you both made my day and ruined it.  They are not accepting new members at this time.  I requested an invite but who knows how long that will take.  :(

If I remember correctly it only took a couple of days to get my invite.  Have faith, my fellow Mustachian hockey fan!

VirginiaBob

• Bristles
    • LRJ Discounters
« Reply #627 on: October 10, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »

+1 for hockeystreams - been using them for years through the roku.  Potentially not legal, but really no other choice since so many games blacked out on game center.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #628 on: October 10, 2014, 02:43:25 PM »

+1 for hockeystreams - been using them for years through the roku.  Potentially not legal, but really no other choice since so many games blacked out on game center.

Per Hockeystreams the Netherlands is out of the NHL's legal jurisdiction so therefore not bound to its copyright.  I'm sure the NHL is aware of its existence considering it's been around for at least five years, and Dog knows Bettman would have come down with an iron fist if he were able.  Another bonus is that HS has excellent customer service.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #629 on: October 10, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »
My Mustachian problem is that there are like 10 new fast food restaurants nearby that I was unaware of.

Are these really problems though? My mustachian bonus is that on the rare occasions I go to eat fast food, there's ten new restaurants and a ton of different new items to try!

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #630 on: October 10, 2014, 03:55:13 PM »

Whoa!  That's totally it.   When we have visitors to our home (suburbs), or new employee at work  (downtown), they ask where to go to eat that's good.   I have to tell them that I have no idea.    Either the couple of restaurants we have tried nearby (out of more than 50 in a 3 mile radius) have been less tasty than what I make, or we just don't go out very much at all.   We have lived / worked in these areas for 5 years now too.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #631 on: October 10, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »

Whoa!  That's totally it.   When we have visitors to our home (suburbs), or new employee at work  (downtown), they ask where to go to eat that's good.   I have to tell them that I have no idea.    Either the couple of restaurants we have tried nearby (out of more than 50 in a 3 mile radius) have been less tasty than what I make, or we just don't go out very much at all.   We have lived / worked in these areas for 5 years now too.

Ah, okay, I can see that being a problem. I guess I get that at work too.

seanc0x0

• Bristles
« Reply #632 on: October 10, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »

Yeah I'm with you on that one.  I'm paying about $53 for city services and hardly using anything.

Only $3.20 for water (2 units of 1000 gallons per month) but an $8.87/month meter charge and $24.17 sewer charge.  IMHO, they should base your sewer charge on how much water you use.  Obviously I'm producing hardly any sewage if I'm only pulling 2 units of water a month!  Another $15.07 for trash, even though I too doubt I even completely fill up one trash can per month.  I think I have more recycling than I do trash, and the city actually makes a profit on their recycling program.  The last little remainder is tax.  Whatever, though.  I guess it's better than living off grid where you bear the burden of all the costs, and it would cost a lot more than $53/month.

They charge sewage for exactly the same as your water usage here. I always figured that wasn't quite fair as I use a good portion of my water to water my garden, which never makes it back to the sewer. However, if they're doing that kind of accounting where you are, maybe it's not so bad! 

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #633 on: October 10, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »

We have the same issue with the added problem of being vegan. So we go out to eat 4-6 times a year for special occasions and when we go we choose restaurants that will serve us vegan dishes (a rarity here). Since I don't go to most restaurants, they are really not top of my consciousness. I have no idea what advice to give visitors.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #634 on: October 11, 2014, 05:46:55 AM »
Per Hockeystreams the Netherlands is out of the NHL's legal jurisdiction so therefore not bound to its copyright.  I'm sure the NHL is aware of its existence considering it's been around for at least five years, and Dog knows Bettman would have come down with an iron fist if he were able.  Another bonus is that HS has excellent customer service.
No, it is illegal (if they dont have a licence) under current system and it is possibly to enforce that. Bern convention &Co.
(Ever heard of pirate Bay? Was (under swedish law) illegaly seized bc RIAA in USA made political pressure.)

IMHO, they should base your sewer charge on how much water you use
Unfortunately the sewer costs a lot to build and maintain 8which is where most of your money goes to), and that is quite independend from your usage. In fact, a lower usage can mean more costs because the system has to be artificially "flooded" more often to prevent a clog up.
Same principle goes for waste disposal. The truck drives thriough your street, if you have waste or not.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:51:08 AM by LennStar »

tmac

• Bristles
« Reply #635 on: October 11, 2014, 10:09:54 AM »
I went out this morning to get some half-priced, day-old challah for my son's birthday French toast and I picked up some half-priced pastries as well. We never have store bought sweets, so it'll be a nice treat, I thought. Nope. The kids won't eat more than a bite. They're too sweet.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #636 on: October 11, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »
No, it is illegal (if they dont have a licence) under current system and it is possibly to enforce that. Bern convention &Co.
(Ever heard of pirate Bay? Was (under swedish law) illegaly seized bc RIAA in USA made political pressure.)

Trust me, if Gary Bettman could shut it down he would have done so long ago WITH AUTHORITY.  He hasn't.

VirginiaBob

• Bristles
    • LRJ Discounters
« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »

Trust me, if Gary Bettman could shut it down he would have done so long ago WITH AUTHORITY.  He hasn't.

Agreed - but as a customer, you aren't doing anything illegal. It is not the responsibility of the customer to verify that every entity they purchase goods from is operating within the law. 

flamingo25

• Stubble
« Reply #638 on: October 11, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
-You have to use your dryer to make sure the perfectly good (and cute) hat you found on the side of the road is bedbug-free.

-Your towels are crunchy from said non-use of dryer

-Your boss seems bewildered when you don't freak out about your paycheck being one day late.

-Your mortgage lender says you are "boring" b/c you have a lot of cash and no debt.

-Not a problem: Your coworker offers to buy you lunch b/c she thinks you have financial problems due to an old car and shopping at thrift stores.

Timmmy

• Bristles
« Reply #639 on: October 13, 2014, 06:46:09 AM »

If I remember correctly it only took a couple of days to get my invite.  Have faith, my fellow Mustachian hockey fan!

Indeed, my invite came in less than a day.  Signed up and watch a game already.  So awesome! 

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #640 on: October 13, 2014, 08:52:58 AM »

For some reason, the people around here go nuts for a new fast food franchise, even if it's selling the same kind of food that's been available for years.

There's a Popeye's Chicken that just opened in my part of the city and there's been a drive-thru line wrapped around the building for months. Meanwhile, you can go to any of a dozen awesome soul food restaurants and get better fried chicken for the same price and no wait.

Now I hear a Sonic is coming. It's going to be the end of the world.

Timmmy

• Bristles
« Reply #641 on: October 13, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »

For some reason, the people around here go nuts for a new fast food franchise, even if it's selling the same kind of food that's been available for years.

There's a Popeye's Chicken that just opened in my part of the city and there's been a drive-thru line wrapped around the building for months. Meanwhile, you can go to any of a dozen awesome soul food restaurants and get better fried chicken for the same price and no wait.

Now I hear a Sonic is coming. It's going to be the end of the world.

A few years ago they put in a sonic near my work.  The line went in to an adjacent shopping mall parking lot and people were waiting 4+ hours for the food.  There is no restaurant that I will wait 1 hour for, let alone 4. 

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #642 on: October 13, 2014, 12:19:43 PM »

Yeah I'm with you on that one.  I'm paying about $53 for city services and hardly using anything.

Only $3.20 for water (2 units of 1000 gallons per month) but an $8.87/month meter charge and $24.17 sewer charge.  IMHO, they should base your sewer charge on how much water you use.  Obviously I'm producing hardly any sewage if I'm only pulling 2 units of water a month!  Another $15.07 for trash, even though I too doubt I even completely fill up one trash can per month.  I think I have more recycling than I do trash, and the city actually makes a profit on their recycling program.  The last little remainder is tax.  Whatever, though.  I guess it's better than living off grid where you bear the burden of all the costs, and it would cost a lot more than $53/month.

They charge sewage for exactly the same as your water usage here. I always figured that wasn't quite fair as I use a good portion of my water to water my garden, which never makes it back to the sewer. However, if they're doing that kind of accounting where you are, maybe it's not so bad!
I think the norm is to base your sewage usage off of the water you use around February. That way it should be primarily indoor usage that actually goes through the sewers. This is hurting me this year because we had our roommate move out in February and our sewer usage is based of his daily extra long showers, our water usage has dropped about in half. It was even lower for September after we had new sprinklers installed and planted new seed that we watered 3 times a day for almost an hour each (15 minutes each for four different "zones") than when he lived here

In Atlanta, the city measures how much water we use each month and bills us for the same amount of sewer usage. (You can get a separate irrigation meter, but it's expensive enough that only people who live in mansions with big yards bother.) Because our water system was so mismanaged (thanks, former Mayor Bill Campbell, you goddamn crook!) we have approximately the most expensive water in the entire country: I use 3 CCFs / month (about 2200 gallons) and pay $50/month for it.

And then I pay about $550/year ($45/month!!!!) for trash and recycling pick up even though I don't even generate enough trash to make it worth dragging the can to the curb half the time.

They've recently opened a place called "Cook-Out" around here. The line for the drive-thru is wrapped around the building almost all the time, but if you can actually be bothered to walk into the building you can get your food in 5 minutes or so.

(It's actually not bad, for fast food: they have a $5 combo that includes an entree, 2 sides and a drink where the "sides" include things that would be considered "entrees" elsewhere (e.g. quesadillas and corn dogs) and an ice cream float counts as the drink.)

DollarBill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #643 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying but dang Popeye's chicken (Spicy) and red/beans/rice is awesome! Close second is churches. I had a local non franchise place that put the smack down but closed recently.

They've recently opened a place called "Cook-Out" around here. The line for the drive-thru is wrapped around the building almost all the time, but if you can actually be bothered to walk into the building you can get your food in 5 minutes or so.

(It's actually not bad, for fast food: they have a $5 combo that includes an entrée, 2 sides and a drink where the "sides" include things that would be considered "entrees" elsewhere (e.g. quesadillas and corn dogs) and an ice cream float counts as the drink.)
These guys are on to something but I would cook everything on outdoor grills. In my head it reminds me of Guam, they have a Island BBQ down town every Wednesday and it had awesome BBQ. Look up Finadene Sauce, it's the bomb!

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #644 on: October 13, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »
My boyfriend's parents always think we're struggling terribly financially because we live in a studio suite and don't have a car or any sort of status symbols. This leads to some awkward conversations -  "Can you afford to pay rent this month?" "Do you have any food?"

They know how much we make and spend, but it doesn't click for some reason.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #645 on: October 13, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
There is no restaurant that I will wait 1 hour for, let alone 4.

For dinner, I usually get annoyed if we're seated right away. I feel rushed. I prefer to grab and drink and spend some time talking and getting hungry, so I tend to prefer a 30 minute (or so) wait.

Why don't you just go 30 minutes before your reservation?  Or tell them you are going to the bar and will be back in 30, so put your name at the top of the list?

DeepEllumStache

• Magnum Stache
  • I came, I saw, I made it awkward
« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
Our 401k system at work does not allow us to enter a dollar amount, just a (whole number) percentage of salary.  Since I'm a perfectionist who likes to land the plane at the federal max pre-tax contribution or just over, this requires some delicate ongoing adjustments as we head into the last months of the year.

Additional problem that I'm pleased to have - I realized today that my mid year correction meant that I was coming in too hot and had to dial back the percentage.  That little bonus will be funneled into the taxable accounts.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2014, 02:24:27 PM »
Our 401k system at work does not allow us to enter a dollar amount, just a (whole number) percentage of salary.  Since I'm a perfectionist who likes to land the plane at the federal max pre-tax contribution or just over, this requires some delicate ongoing adjustments as we head into the last months of the year.

Additional problem that I'm pleased to have - I realized today that my mid year correction meant that I was coming in too hot and had to dial back the percentage.  That little bonus will be funneled into the taxable accounts.

OCD people problems.  Just choose a percentage that gets your there by, say, November and don't worry about December.

DeepEllumStache

• Magnum Stache
  • I came, I saw, I made it awkward
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »

OCD people problems.  Just choose a percentage that gets your there by, say, November and don't worry about December.

The way our plan is designed, it would mean losing out on the company match.  I had suspected it based on documentation and the plan administrators confirmed that :(

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2014, 02:57:24 PM »

I wanted to put an extra $200 a fortnight into my super/retirement account. Was able to specify $5218 a year but they end up chucking in a few extra cents each time because there's not quite 52.18 weeks in a year.

Proof again that everything you learn in school is wrong.