Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 5094573 times)

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #9550 on: December 12, 2022, 07:35:13 PM »
It’s the principle!!! I’ve maxed this account every year for ages.
Maybe I’ll just go blow the money on actual lentils instead.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9551 on: December 12, 2022, 08:25:48 PM »
It’s the principle!!! I’ve maxed this account every year for ages.
Maybe I’ll just go blow the money on actual lentils instead.
It's the principle of maximising tax-free principal!
Maybe lentils will provide an alternate form of diversification.

Ysera

• Stubble
« Reply #9552 on: December 12, 2022, 11:55:04 PM »
We didn't create very much trash last month, and not seeing much in the bin caused me to space our monthly trash pickup. 😐

Siebrie

• Stubble
« Reply #9553 on: December 13, 2022, 01:59:13 AM »
It's my 51st birthday today :) and I really had no idea what to ask for from my husband and dds (we're also in the middle of major renovations; any items I can display or need to store are not welcome at the moment).

I asked for a Museum Pass (€59/year), which gives me 1 year free entry to around 225 musea in Belgium AND I asked for 1 day a month to enjoy these visits husband- and childfree :D And that's what they gave me this morning.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9554 on: December 13, 2022, 02:11:52 AM »
It's my 51st birthday today :) and I really had no idea what to ask for from my husband and dds (we're also in the middle of major renovations; any items I can display or need to store are not welcome at the moment).

I asked for a Museum Pass (€59/year), which gives me 1 year free entry to around 225 musea in Belgium AND I asked for 1 day a month to enjoy these visits husband- and childfree :D And that's what they gave me this morning.
Yes, the old problem. My mother and me just "present" us some sort of clothes we need. Or in my case also a certain shampoo I can't get here. Sort of pointless, but well...

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9555 on: December 13, 2022, 07:37:05 AM »

Happy birthday! Did you know if you put your DOB in your forum profile you get cake?

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9556 on: December 15, 2022, 11:46:06 AM »
Living in base housing this year means my housing allowance is pulled straight from my paycheck to the management company so I don't see it. Also I don't pay utilities here. The 2nd order effect is that in my accounting system it appears my take home pay has dropped and I'm not paying rent. 3rd order effect is the spreadsheet that records my monthly and historical spending and net worth thinks my living expenses have plummeted.

Siebrie

• Stubble
« Reply #9557 on: December 16, 2022, 01:46:16 AM »
In Belgium, they retroactively raised the 'travel for work' reimbursement. Now, I have to redo the expense report for the 2 days in March that I represented our company at a fair, which totalled around €5, to add ~€1.30. My boss insists.

I had another expense to claim reimbursement for, so I added the adjusted travel expense claim; it came to a wopping € 1.88!

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #9558 on: December 17, 2022, 03:40:11 AM »
In Belgium, they retroactively raised the 'travel for work' reimbursement. Now, I have to redo the expense report for the 2 days in March that I represented our company at a fair, which totalled around €5, to add ~€1.30. My boss insists.

I had another expense to claim reimbursement for, so I added the adjusted travel expense claim; it came to a wopping € 1.88!

At work we had a choice, keep current reimbursement plan or move to a new plan. The new plan has €450,- a year spending for personal wellness, which can be used for things like sports, sauna, new bike etc.
The current plan had literally €0,- I could get reimbursement so no-choice, really 😎

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9559 on: December 17, 2022, 04:42:52 AM »

I had to fill out a form yesterday for 2€ too.
Then I have to send it to the office where it will be checked and then send to the tax office to be included in my pay.
If you take the hourly pay of the 3 people involved, then this whole process will probably cost 20€.

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9560 on: December 17, 2022, 07:37:28 PM »
The Patagonia Calpaline shirt I bought in the Fall of 1997 is starting to develop a hole.  I’m going to have to replace it.

ChpBstrd

• Walrus Stache
  • Location: A poor and backward Southern state known as minimum wage country
« Reply #9561 on: December 17, 2022, 07:58:44 PM »
The Patagonia Calpaline shirt I bought in the Fall of 1997 is starting to develop a hole.  I’m going to have to replace it.
Facepunch for not sewing / patching it.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9562 on: December 17, 2022, 08:06:49 PM »
Facepunch:  Couldn’t your holey shirt be considered a holy shirt?

Hadilly

• Bristles
« Reply #9563 on: December 19, 2022, 12:58:11 PM »
Patagonia will repairs stuff if you can take it to a store or send it in.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9564 on: December 19, 2022, 04:21:15 PM »
I’ve had them both repair and not repair jackets. On the “not repair”, they just replaced the jacket. Kinda felt bad about that, but hey, new free jacket!

Josiecat22222

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9565 on: December 19, 2022, 05:51:47 PM »
@Taran Wanderer , @ChpBstrd and @Hadilly ; patagonia repairs their stuff, but I also just saw a cool company called "NOSO" which makes some pretty badass looking patches to fix outdoor gear (https://nosopatches.com/shop-noso/)

Need to get one to put on my favorite patagonia down vest, which is now sprouting feathers!!!  I love the idea of patching a well loved article of clothing to keep it in use!!

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
  • Engineer, explorer, investor
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #9566 on: December 20, 2022, 11:18:30 AM »
New MPP: I can't get excited about these new "features" my bank is offering.

Even if I were running my checking account with margins thin enough for it to matter I honestly can't see how getting paid "up to" two days earlier would be helpful. They're not promising it will always be there two days sooner, so how could a responsible person plan for to be there?

As for the overdraft protection, in 20 years with the bank, the only overdraft occurred when a friends gave me a large rubber check and they credited my account for the full amount before verifying that he had the funds... Which is basically the same "feature" they are offering on direct deposits now. I'd much rather know the money is really there.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:20:18 AM by Alternatepriorities »

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9567 on: December 20, 2022, 01:15:42 PM »

Even if I were running my checking account with margins thin enough for it to matter I honestly can't see how getting paid "up to" two days earlier would be helpful. They're not promising it will always be there two days sooner, so how could a responsible person plan for to be there?
Um... if they have the payment information, why can't they pay out normally? Do they have to expect the bank the money is coming from may be retroactivly bankrupt?
Or that some cheque thing and the employers gives the bank a lot of paper cheques for... no, that doesn't work out too.

And yes, I can't see where 2 days would make a difference normally. Depending on the weekday and God's Will my payment may be 4 days later than the earliest day of the month. I couldn't tell you one day for sure when it came in the last 6 month. And I run my account on just 200€ minimum margin. Though I probably should up that a bit since they got rid of the (already decreased a year ago) overdraft credit. I only used that once in my life (when 2 bigger unexpected things happened) and that only because I didn't want to bring 56€ emergency cash for 10 days to the bank until the next money came in.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #9568 on: December 20, 2022, 03:15:09 PM »

Um... if they have the payment information, why can't they pay out normally? Do they have to expect the bank the money is coming from may be retroactivly bankrupt?
Or that some cheque thing and the employers gives the bank a lot of paper cheques for... no, that doesn't work out too.

And yes, I can't see where 2 days would make a difference normally. Depending on the weekday and God's Will my payment may be 4 days later than the earliest day of the month. I couldn't tell you one day for sure when it came in the last 6 month. And I run my account on just 200€ minimum margin. Though I probably should up that a bit since they got rid of the (already decreased a year ago) overdraft credit. I only used that once in my life (when 2 bigger unexpected things happened) and that only because I didn't want to bring 56€ emergency cash for 10 days to the bank until the next money came in.

Normally when DW gets her direct deposit it's on the always on the 1st and 15th of the month. Unless that day falls on the weekend in which case her employer will do it on the Friday before. I don't know what scenario would make it helpful to get that two days earlier. Even if it was helpful for someone living on the edge, once they got used to it, they'd just be two days closer to missing a payment.

I suppose as one of the largest banks it is a interesting way to artificially increase the money supply temporarily. Seems kind of silly to do it that way though.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9569 on: December 20, 2022, 03:29:09 PM »

Normally when DW gets her direct deposit it's on the always on the 1st and 15th of the month. Unless that day falls on the weekend in which case her employer will do it on the Friday before. I don't know what scenario would make it helpful to get that two days earlier. Even if it was helpful for someone living on the edge, once they got used to it, they'd just be two days closer to missing a payment.

I suppose as one of the largest banks it is a interesting way to artificially increase the money supply temporarily. Seems kind of silly to do it that way though.

For the people on this forum, it probably doesn't matter. You are not the target audience.

ChickenStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9570 on: December 20, 2022, 03:46:03 PM »
I know of one credit union here that does the "early pay" deal but I haven't seen them advertise it in that way. A coworker uses them as his direct deposit target and he always has his pay available the day before the official payday. The rest of us have to wait on pins and needles for midnight of the official payday.

I'm assuming the direct deposit processing pre-stages the transactions a day or so ahead of time then they "go live" at the desired pay time. This looks like they are just making things available ahead of schedule. I'd guess there's some fine print about pulling the money back if the transaction has problems - could make for even more overdraw excitement.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #9571 on: December 20, 2022, 04:04:33 PM »
For the people on this forum, it probably doesn't matter. You are not the target audience.

Which is why it's a MPP. My thought was just that it doesn't really help it's target audience either if it is relied on with any regularity and then one month the "up to" two days early part doesn't happen.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9572 on: December 21, 2022, 07:44:23 AM »

Which is why it's a MPP. My thought was just that it doesn't really help it's target audience either if it is relied on with any regularity and then one month the "up to" two days early part doesn't happen.

One thing which is nice is that if it hits "early" that means that it's gone through the bank's processing fully so doesn't show as pending. Otherwise, when I do my banking over the weekend my paycheck, which was deposited on Friday, doesn't actually import to Quicken until Monday.

I also have a gap between when the Discover payment hits Discover (first) and when it hits the checking account (several days later). That one annoys me greatly when it happens to fall at the same time I do my monthly checking recon, so I actively try to time payments to avoid that situation.

ChickenStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9573 on: December 21, 2022, 09:39:43 AM »
On the topic of pay... My MPP is my employer just announced that they are going to switch from paying every two weeks to weekly in a few months. I'm fairly sure they are going to mess up my direct deposits to my rIRA and brokerage for a few weeks. I'll also have to redo my auto-invest rules and withdrawals to match the new timing. Waste of time but Oh Well.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9574 on: December 21, 2022, 10:02:20 AM »

I also have a gap between when the Discover payment hits Discover (first) and when it hits the checking account (several days later). That one annoys me greatly when it happens to fall at the same time I do my monthly checking recon, so I actively try to time payments to avoid that situation.

Sibley - You could ask Discover to change your due date if the current one is annoying.  I have all my credit cards set to be due around the 25th.  In my case it's because I like getting the bills the same week so I can review and deal with all at the same time.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9575 on: December 21, 2022, 10:25:53 AM »

Sibley - You could ask Discover to change your due date if the current one is annoying.  I have all my credit cards set to be due around the 25th.  In my case it's because I like getting the bills the same week so I can review and deal with all at the same time.

I schedule based on cash flow availability, so changing the due date wouldn't help. I also do banking weekly and some weeks are lighter than other weeks.

I just wish the banking system in the US could join the 21st century.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9576 on: December 21, 2022, 11:02:51 AM »
On the topic of pay... My MPP is my employer just announced that they are going to switch from paying every two weeks to weekly in a few months. I'm fairly sure they are going to mess up my direct deposits to my rIRA and brokerage for a few weeks. I'll also have to redo my auto-invest rules and withdrawals to match the new timing. Waste of time but Oh Well.
This year, my employer switched from monthly paychecks to bi-weekly.  From what I hear, it's easier for the employees who are paid hourly, since their paychecks will now be consistent.  For the salaried folks, it's just annoying.

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9577 on: December 21, 2022, 11:09:08 AM »
I've worked at places that have paid every 2 weeks... and at places that have paid twice per month.  Never worked for a place that paid once per month....

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9578 on: December 21, 2022, 11:33:16 AM »
I've worked at places that have paid every 2 weeks... and at places that have paid twice per month.  Never worked for a place that paid once per month....
My wife is paid twice per month, but contributions to her retirement plan are only made once per month (and of course not on the same day as one of the paychecks). Makes accounting a pain to link the paychecks with contributions.

ChickenStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9579 on: December 21, 2022, 02:00:39 PM »
This year, my employer switched from monthly paychecks to bi-weekly.  From what I hear, it's easier for the employees who are paid hourly, since their paychecks will now be consistent.  For the salaried folks, it's just annoying.

Just to add on, the selling points they are pushing is that people will get paid faster, and less delay for new hires to get their first check. The salaried folks are mostly just shrugging from what I've seen. On the hourly side, there's been a fair amount of negative feedback. We have a lot of different schedules that can make weekly pay interesting for the employee. One case is the folks that work 7-on 7-off. With the split of the insurance deductions to every week, there are going to be some weeks where they are technically negative and have to carry over to the next week. It'll all work out to the same amount of pay but it looks very messy for some.

I'm guessing from part of the announcement that the real driver is that we've done some acquisitions with more planned and it's probably killing the payroll department trying to sync the previous orgs' pay schedule into ours so going to a lowest common denominator of paying weekly fixes the current mess and makes for an easier transition for future onboarding.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9580 on: December 21, 2022, 04:32:40 PM »

My previous employer switched from twice monthly to every other week.  My current employer pays twice monthly.  There are pluses and minuses about both, but my ability to pay bills is now independent of my income, so I don't care so much.

The big benefit of paying every other Friday is for the payroll team.  The workweek is Sunday through Saturday, and payroll is the following Friday.  Monday holidays no longer have a major impact on payroll.  Friday holidays (like Christmas or New Year's or Independence Day sometimes) can impact it every 5 years or so.  The Thanksgiving week can be a problem every other year or so.  But the rest of the year it's a smooth transition from end of pay period to payroll date with an extra day or two (most of the time) to ensure payroll accuracy.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9581 on: December 22, 2022, 07:22:07 AM »
Darn IRS.

Yes, you finally sent my refund in December for a relatively simple 1040 filed electronically, on time and which you had immediately accepted.

In response to my November complaint, you even sent a funds release letter noting that the paper I-bonds portion of my refund would take about 3 weeks of processing and would arrive later.

You failed to notice that you electronically deposited the entire refund. Now I have $5k just sitting in a dumb savings account, and I can't do anything with it because you may reverse the excess deposit at any time. Plus it's nearly impossible to talk to a real person with real authority to do anything.

1FACTORY174!

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9582 on: December 22, 2022, 08:34:20 AM »
I totally forgot to change the oil in my car because I was only looking at the number of km driven since the last change. I completely forgot that the date matters too. Oops.
Asked my mechanic about this, he said the newer synthetic oils last longer than the date and to go by mileage.
I change my oil synthetic of course every 3k miles mobil 1,can let oil be changed much later yet new engines are more than a 50 dollar oil change..

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9583 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:54 AM »
Darn IRS.
No joke.  My 16-year-old daughter got a letter from them this week, requesting some additional documentation for her return.  Which we filed well before the deadline.  And her income was low enough that her tax was $0.

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
  • Older than the internet, but not wiser... yet
« Reply #9584 on: December 22, 2022, 01:32:33 PM »
Darn IRS.
No joke.  My 16-year-old daughter got a letter from them this week, requesting some additional documentation for her return.  Which we filed well before the deadline.  And her income was low enough that her tax was $0.

Of course they were suspicious! How dare she not pay them anything? :)

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9585 on: December 22, 2022, 05:41:01 PM »
DH and I both have our paychecks post 1-2 days early. The money being there early is certainly nice (but not necessary with our financial situation) but it just makes me start getting restless for the actual payday when my retirement contributions post, and for DH's 2-3 days after actual payday with his contributions post. Its like an unwelcome extra early alert system!

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #9586 on: December 23, 2022, 01:59:37 PM »
Had some (totally facepunch worthy) expenses this month and had to compensate from the cash fund. I was looking in horror how it nearly went below 50k, can you imagine?
10 years ago at this time we sold my appartment at a 13k loss, now we're mortgage free with a nice 2 year plus savings in the bank and building on our investment funds 😊

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9587 on: December 27, 2022, 11:47:02 PM »
I had kind of a rough month, and I decided to treat myself by buying myself a little Hanukkah gift, a mug with a funny quote from a fictional character I always liked. NBD, but the kind of thing that's just enough overpriced that you'd never buy it normally. Mustachian run wild, I know!

It came in the mail today and as I was washing it and putting it in the cabinet with the other mugs, I was looking at what was in there and I realized... this is the first mug I have ever purchased. In my entire life. I'm 45. I have this terrible collection of mugs I've been given: one hand-me-down from my mom's old set (used to have two but one broke), two that my aunt gave me that don't fit my aesthetic in the slightest (tall white slanty-shaped things with black swirly shapes on them, kind of Dr. Seussy), one cup and saucer set from a chocolate shop I like which is really impractically shaped, and several mugs that my old boss gave me when I was about 21 - stuff that her husband got for free from various work events, which were all a variety of automotive companies and academia that was mostly in Japanese. So here's me, Slicey, environmentalist who has never owned a car, drinking out of a Harley Davidson mug and a Mercedes Benz mug covered in Japanese writing which I can't read. It's weird.

But you don't throw away perfectly good dishes, and who needs to buy new mugs when you've got plenty of perfectly good ones in the cabinet? I almost wish I was more prone to breaking things. 

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9588 on: December 28, 2022, 02:02:44 AM »
I totally forgot to change the oil in my car because I was only looking at the number of km driven since the last change. I completely forgot that the date matters too. Oops.
Asked my mechanic about this, he said the newer synthetic oils last longer than the date and to go by mileage.
I change my oil synthetic of course every 3k miles mobil 1,can let oil be changed much later yet new engines are more than a 50 dollar oil change..

Your response is rather garbled, so forgive me if I've misunderstood: are you saying you pay extra for synthetic oil, then change it well before the recommended interval? If that's correct, why would you waste resources like that? That would be very anti-mustachian, which is a whole different thread.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9589 on: December 28, 2022, 07:29:09 AM »
I had kind of a rough month, and I decided to treat myself by buying myself a little Hanukkah gift, a mug with a funny quote from a fictional character I always liked. NBD, but the kind of thing that's just enough overpriced that you'd never buy it normally. Mustachian run wild, I know!

It came in the mail today and as I was washing it and putting it in the cabinet with the other mugs, I was looking at what was in there and I realized... this is the first mug I have ever purchased. In my entire life. I'm 45. I have this terrible collection of mugs I've been given: one hand-me-down from my mom's old set (used to have two but one broke), two that my aunt gave me that don't fit my aesthetic in the slightest (tall white slanty-shaped things with black swirly shapes on them, kind of Dr. Seussy), one cup and saucer set from a chocolate shop I like which is really impractically shaped, and several mugs that my old boss gave me when I was about 21 - stuff that her husband got for free from various work events, which were all a variety of automotive companies and academia that was mostly in Japanese. So here's me, Slicey, environmentalist who has never owned a car, drinking out of a Harley Davidson mug and a Mercedes Benz mug covered in Japanese writing which I can't read. It's weird.

But you don't throw away perfectly good dishes, and who needs to buy new mugs when you've got plenty of perfectly good ones in the cabinet? I almost wish I was more prone to breaking things.

You could always go exchange them at the goodwill $1 a pop for more appealing options. I once read an article about using the goodwill as a rental service... donate stuff and then if you need it go rent it again.

charis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9590 on: December 28, 2022, 07:41:15 AM »

You could always go exchange them at the goodwill $1 a pop for more appealing options. I once read an article about using the goodwill as a rental service... donate stuff and then if you need it go rent it again.

An well quoted line in my household comes from this Bob's Burgers exchange (we often return items to goodwill and pick up "new ones"):

Bob: I'm back from the thrift store.
Linda: Did you say goodbye to our old clothes? Were they sad?
Bob: I think they were happy to be back.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9591 on: December 28, 2022, 08:00:25 AM »

An well quoted line in my household comes from this Bob's Burgers exchange (we often return items to goodwill and pick up "new ones"):

Bob: I'm back from the thrift store.
Linda: Did you say goodbye to our old clothes? Were they sad?
Bob: I think they were happy to be back.

LOL. I need to give bob's burgers another chance. Everyone loves it and it seems much of the humor is generally my style. I tried watching the first episode and it was about the teenage daughter having an itchy crotch. I couldn't get past that and gave up.

charis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9592 on: December 28, 2022, 08:55:07 AM »
It's a gem, and teen hygiene is not a common topic, if helps.

I now have a mustachian problem to submit.  We have to request increased contributions to my and my spouse's 3 retirement accounts in December to account for the 22,500 max starting in January 2023, and it's a tricky balance because 90% of spouse's salary is auto-diverted retirement accounts.  Well we forgot about one of spouse's accounts until yesterday, so it's not effective until the second paycheck of January.  I did a quick recalculation for the distribution with one fewer check and submitted a new request today (hopefully that doesn't fun afoul of some unknown small print).  I guess one larger paycheck is not really "a problem" for most.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #9593 on: December 28, 2022, 12:49:16 PM »

Your response is rather garbled, so forgive me if I've misunderstood: are you saying you pay extra for synthetic oil, then change it well before the recommended interval? If that's correct, why would you waste resources like that? That would be very anti-mustachian, which is a whole different thread.

Yeah... My main takeaway from the comment was "wow this thread is more than 8 years old!"

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9594 on: December 28, 2022, 01:30:35 PM »

Yeah... My main takeaway from the comment was "wow this thread is more than 8 years old!"
1FACTORY174!'s garbled comment was made on 12/22/22.

I actually enjoy necroposts, especially if they're updates. Often newcomers stumble on old threads, giving them a new life, which is fine by me. There's a ton of good stuff in our boneyard. Also, I think @TrMama is still around, which is a nice bonus.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #9595 on: December 28, 2022, 06:23:34 PM »

1FACTORY174!'s garbled comment was made on 12/22/22.

I actually enjoy necroposts, especially if they're updates. Often newcomers stumble on old threads, giving them a new life, which is fine by me. There's a ton of good stuff in our boneyard. Also, I think @TrMama is still around, which is a nice bonus.

Yeah it can be interesting to see the old posts come up again. I was just shocked that I've been reading the forum and this thread that long.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9596 on: January 01, 2023, 10:45:55 PM »
My company overcontributed to my HSA. Again. The contribution form even has a "100%" checkbox that I used and they still messed it up... I guess I need to plan on slightly less than max since they can't seem to figure this out (even though the 401k contributions cut off at max just fine).

charis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9597 on: January 02, 2023, 08:45:30 AM »
My company overcontributed to my HSA. Again. The contribution form even has a "100%" checkbox that I used and they still messed it up... I guess I need to plan on slightly less than max since they can't seem to figure this out (even though the 401k contributions cut off at max just fine).

My company does not calculate HSA contributions or do a max cut off.  We have to be aware of our pass-through plan contribution amount, subtract that, and pick a contribution amount that doesn't go over the max.

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9598 on: January 04, 2023, 02:15:28 PM »
MPP: Knowing that this is the year where I'll hit the 2nd SS Bend Point (heck, even knowing what SS Bend Points are, might be a MPP), and factoring that in my decision that it's probably time to stop OMY'ing.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #9599 on: January 05, 2023, 10:44:52 AM »
MPP: Knowing that this is the year where I'll hit the 2nd SS Bend Point (heck, even knowing what SS Bend Points are, might be a MPP), and factoring that in my decision that it's probably time to stop OMY'ing.

I'm pretty sure this is just good sense! :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!