Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 5086758 times)

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #4000 on: July 20, 2017, 08:00:15 AM »
My MPP today:

I got a washer and dryer for free. They're old, but free, and I hoped that they were the old ones that never died until they were like, 30 years old. I was right, they are.

The washer is 30 years old. It's terminally ill, and death is imminent. Now I have to buy a washer, though going to put it off as long as I can. New washer is already picked out: Speed Queen. Estimate for purchase, delivery, etc is around $1k. Darn it.

On the bright side, I get to play with a power washer this weekend, assuming the store has one available for rental (they have 3, I just need one).

A friend who owns an appliance shop sells Speed Queens to local dairy farmers for exactly that reason - they never wear out.... even on a dairy farm. (Cow manure is notoriously difficult.)

So, I assume I'm safe getting the mechanical dial one?

Eventually, I'll get the dryer too, but so far my dryer is just fine.

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4001 on: July 20, 2017, 09:09:05 AM »
My MPP yesterday:  had to widen a column and change the axis format on a couple of graphs in my household finance tracking spreadsheet because our net worth hit $1M.  :)

I've read them all.

This is easily my favorite.

Way to go!

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #4002 on: July 20, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
My MPP yesterday:  had to widen a column and change the axis format on a couple of graphs in my household finance tracking spreadsheet because our net worth hit $1M.  :)

I sympathize, it must suck to be you :D

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4003 on: July 20, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »

Right? I mean... I can even imagine how many clicks that required...like...was it more than 10?

I can't even...

Hey, really, though: congrats!

Zoot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4004 on: July 20, 2017, 04:11:33 PM »

Totally sucks--I mean, I even had to re-size the graph a little bit and now have to decide whether to move some data to different cells because the graph is bigger.  ;-)

Right? I mean... I can even imagine how many clicks that required...like...was it more than 10?

I can't even...

Hey, really, though: congrats!

It must have been at least 11 or 12.  I'd go get evaluated for carpal tunnel syndrome but I don't want a pre-existing condition on my record.  ;-)

The weird thing is that other than a whoop and arm-raise from both me and DH when we saw the number in Quicken update to a double-comma number after last night's update, it really was pretty anti-climactic other than moving the graphs around.

I am actively resisting the temptation to make a joke on the word "anti-climactic" in relation to our (free!) celebratory activity later that evening.  :)

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4005 on: July 20, 2017, 05:05:17 PM »
You could just do the business thing and report your numbers in thousands..... your graph and columns could go back to their original sizes....

If it's not one thing, it's another.

Nice work.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4006 on: July 21, 2017, 09:30:55 AM »
I've gone without buying soda for long that I only realized the aluminum cans have all changed shape! They're longer and I daresay... sexier-looking. Still don't want to buy soda, though.

jscott2135

• Stubble
« Reply #4007 on: July 21, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
I always get a laugh out of how horribly disappointed a thief would be with breaking into our home.  A few years back they broke into our Tundra and left everything lol...honestly I was a little offended they didn't want my 7 yr old GPS and crappy dvd players for the kids bwhahahah, but glad they just tossed around stuff and did no damage. They also opened our back gate...I assume looked in our back window and were disappointed enough to not bother breaking in...or maybe they saw Mustache Pitbull (shrugs, but glad they didn't attempt it)

We also dont have many friends, but I can't decide if its because we dont frit away our money with them or because we're crappy friends. I'll say its the money thing mostly!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4008 on: July 21, 2017, 03:04:38 PM »
Our washing machine is on its last legs. It's 11 years old and I got it in exchange for two boxes of chocolate 6 years ago. A friend is moving and is willing to sell her brand new washer/dryer combo for half of the new price. I'm afraid of lifestyle creep....

We live in a wet climate and have never owned a dryer before and have lived perfectly without it. I line-dry 80% of the time, when it rains for weeks I dry inside. We don't have that much laundry so if it rains, I pick another day to do the laundry. Those two loads a week can wait. I'm afraid that when I need dry sheets and towels in a rainy month, I'll be tempted to use the dryer function. Or when I really need to wear something the next day. Before you know it, you use it every week..

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4009 on: July 21, 2017, 03:20:49 PM »
Our washing machine is on its last legs. It's 11 years old and I got it in exchange for two boxes of chocolate 6 years ago. A friend is moving and is willing to sell her brand new washer/dryer combo for half of the new price. I'm afraid of lifestyle creep....

We live in a wet climate and have never owned a dryer before and have lived perfectly without it. I line-dry 80% of the time, when it rains for weeks I dry inside. We don't have that much laundry so if it rains, I pick another day to do the laundry. Those two loads a week can wait. I'm afraid that when I need dry sheets and towels in a rainy month, I'll be tempted to use the dryer function. Or when I really need to wear something the next day. Before you know it, you use it every week..

We moved into our first unfurnished place two months ago and bought a washer-dryer. It's also the first place we had an actual garden to hang laundry in. I too am putting off that fateful "first dry" for fear of a slippery slope. I haven't even looked at how the drying controls work. At least it's summer now, but winter won't be long in coming...

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4010 on: July 21, 2017, 05:15:58 PM »
Way back in the olden days, after living in poverty for 5 years, we finally broke into the middle class.

I wanted to get my wife a washer and dryer because that would be **way** better than going to the laundromat - something neither of us wanted to do.

I wanted to surprise her, but that was going to be a really big purchase and I wanted to be **extra** sure that she got what she wanted.   We had agreed sometime back to get one when we could afford to.

So I enlisted the help of a mutual lady friend.  The friend said she needed to go shopping for one and wanted my wife to go along and give her advice on what model to pick.

After she found out what my wife thought was the best deal, I called and ordered one.

The plan worked.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #4011 on: July 21, 2017, 11:07:54 PM »

Why don't you buy the set and then sell the dryer? Would your friend find out and be upset?

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4012 on: July 22, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »
This is easily my favorite.

Mine too. Well done.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4013 on: July 22, 2017, 01:54:05 AM »

Why don't you buy the set and then sell the dryer? Would your friend find out and be upset?

Well, it's actually one machine that does both. In my language it would be called a washer/dryer combo, but I'm not sure if that's the correct English word then. If they were separate machines I'd just tell her to sell the dryer to someone else. It's in our kitchen, so we don't even have space for two machines.

In here that's a mark of being 'lower class': having a washing machine in the kitchen. I actually think it's the perfect place since our kitchen is right next to the back door. And as it's so heavy I'd hate to have to carry it upstairs.

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4014 on: July 22, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »
I was packing my big suitcase today to go on my 2 week house hunting trip for my work relocation.  Now granted since it's summer I didn't pack much wintertime bulkier clothes, but I didn't have enough non-work, non-running clothes to fill the suitcase.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #4015 on: July 22, 2017, 11:06:33 AM »

Well, it's actually one machine that does both. In my language it would be called a washer/dryer combo, but I'm not sure if that's the correct English word then. If they were separate machines I'd just tell her to sell the dryer to someone else. It's in our kitchen, so we don't even have space for two machines.

In here that's a mark of being 'lower class': having a washing machine in the kitchen. I actually think it's the perfect place since our kitchen is right next to the back door. And as it's so heavy I'd hate to have to carry it upstairs.

That looks like the correct English, but [single-machine] washer/dryer combos are so uncommon in the US and Canada that our default assumption is that you have a [two-machine] washer/dryer combo set that match each other in design and were purchased at the same time.  See this United States home appliance retailer page of washers and dryers.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #4016 on: July 22, 2017, 12:43:25 PM »

I see... one-piece washer/dryers are not so common here in Canada (they are usually not full-size). I have a model that can be separate or stacked. We have them stacked . . . in the kitchen!! And I'm sure a lot of friends think it's weird and/or low class, but guess what? I give approximately zero fucks;) It is very convenient, allows us to collect $1000/mo rent on our basement suite, and not have to worry about sharing a washer/dryer with our tenants. Laughing all the way to the bank. :)

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4017 on: July 22, 2017, 04:21:38 PM »
It looks like what you're talking about is an "all-in-one" washer/dryer. See http://www.sears.com/appliances-specialty-laundry-all-in-one-washer-and-dryers/b-1101279?adcell=_HA_sears_WashersDryers_LR_SpecialtyLaundry_AIO

I've never heard of them before this. I wonder how "ventless" drying works?

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4018 on: July 22, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »
It looks like what you're talking about is an "all-in-one" washer/dryer. See http://www.sears.com/appliances-specialty-laundry-all-in-one-washer-and-dryers/b-1101279?adcell=_HA_sears_WashersDryers_LR_SpecialtyLaundry_AIO

I've never heard of them before this. I wonder how "ventless" drying works?

I'd never heard of them either, but one of the models in your link mentions two options: condenser or vent.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4019 on: July 22, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »

We moved into our first unfurnished place two months ago and bought a washer-dryer. It's also the first place we had an actual garden to hang laundry in. I too am putting off that fateful "first dry" for fear of a slippery slope. I haven't even looked at how the drying controls work. At least it's summer now, but winter won't be long in coming...

My sister has a washer/dryer in one combo. It sucks, majorly. First, its tiny so only holds a few things at a time. Bigger issue is the dryer function doesn't really dry it. Unless you're getting something better than this, don't bother.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4020 on: July 22, 2017, 10:17:03 PM »
I got an unclaimed funds notice from Lending Club, because apparently 32 cents mysteriously showed up in my account at some point in the last 4 years since I sold everything and cashed out. But I moved out of state and changed my bank account etc. so I can't transfer it out without getting customer support involved.

MPP: trying to figure out how many minutes/hours is acceptable to spend trying to cash out 32 cents.

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4021 on: July 22, 2017, 11:51:55 PM »
In here that's a mark of being 'lower class': having a washing machine in the kitchen.

If you search for "Kirsty Allsop washing machine uk" you can see hours of amusing/ridiculous debate by people who care about this WAY too much.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4022 on: July 23, 2017, 02:28:50 AM »

My sister has a washer/dryer in one combo. It sucks, majorly. First, its tiny so only holds a few things at a time. Bigger issue is the dryer function doesn't really dry it. Unless you're getting something better than this, don't bother.

I know it's a regular sized machine, so the size is not the problem. I don't have it yet so I haven't tested the dryer function, but it's a good brand of machine for half the new price and it's barely used so it's a good deal anyway. If the dryer function works it's a free bonus and if it doesn't at least I don't have to be afraid of increasing my energy consumption and I can just continue to line dry.

Washer/dryer in one combo's are the most common type of dryer in here, as not many people have the space for a separate dryer. In the not too distant past people would have spin dryers instead.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4023 on: July 23, 2017, 02:37:21 AM »
In here that's a mark of being 'lower class': having a washing machine in the kitchen.

If you search for "Kirsty Allsop washing machine uk" you can see hours of amusing/ridiculous debate by people who care about this WAY too much.

Don't ever accuse an Englishman of being common ... You guys are even more obsessed with class than we are (in the NL).
Well, we live on a housing estate so I'm beyond help. 

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4024 on: July 23, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »

As someone who moved from the UK to the US and discovered that 'Muricans have a whole ROOM dedicated to their laundry, I still giggle inside when the aforementioned 'Muricans are shocked that us Brits keep ours in the kitchen.

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4025 on: July 23, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »

As someone who moved from the UK to the US and discovered that 'Muricans have a whole ROOM dedicated to their laundry, I still giggle inside when the aforementioned 'Muricans are shocked that us Brits keep ours in the kitchen.

HAHA my grandparents had theirs out in the well house on the farm. They had a whole building for laundry. And a wood powered dryer. It was fancy.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4026 on: July 23, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »

HAHA my grandparents had theirs out in the well house on the farm. They had a whole building for laundry. And a wood powered dryer. It was fancy.

Hahahaa mine didn't even have that, in here housebarns are common. As a kid I used to think the family farm was like a palace because it was just so big and behind every door there was new stuff to explore. It got bigger over time because they would build all kinds of structures to extend it from all kinds of repurposed materials. You can't live from a small family farm like that any more, so my goal is to FIRE to a small farm. I still think a small farm is the best place to live.

Cadman

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4027 on: July 23, 2017, 11:27:10 AM »
Imma, "washer/dryer combo" is the correct US term : )  They use to be very common in this country in the 1950's and 60's with capacities approaching that of full size separate machines, but because they suffered from the inherent issues of a front-loader, and because American homes tend to have more available space for a machine pair, the benefits didn't necessarily outweigh the disadvantages and they are hardly seen today.

I have a 1961 GE combo I use occasionally, but usually line dry. The dry cycle uses lots of water (ventless) and isn't exactly fast.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #4028 on: July 23, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »

I've seen houses with laundry rooms (and American kitchens with laundry machines) on TV shows but never in real life.  Everyone I knew growing up kept the laundry machines in the basement/cellar.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4029 on: July 23, 2017, 09:33:49 PM »
You park your car and walk away.

A car alarm goes off coming from the general area you just parked in.

You don't know whether that's your car or not, because you've never heard your car alarm before.

On second thought, you have no idea whether your car has an alarm.

Now that you think of it, you have no idea whether any of your previous vehicles ever had an alarm.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4030 on: July 24, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »

You don't know whether that's your car or not, because you've never heard your car alarm before.

Now that you think of it, you have no idea whether any of your previous vehicles ever had an alarm.

That sounds like inattentive buyer problem.  I think it's safe to say you have an alarm if your key fob has a panic button

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #4031 on: July 24, 2017, 05:40:18 AM »

I found my car has an alarm the hard way. The keyfob didn't work (not faulty, just the button didn't work once) so I unlocked it with the key. When I opened the door the alarm went off... I think the alarm will stop when you insert the key into the ignition but I just pressed the button to make it stop.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4032 on: July 24, 2017, 07:19:45 AM »
Don't ever accuse an Englishman of being common ...

Jarvis Cocker excepted. If you make your fortune from being "common", you can't ever complain.

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #4033 on: July 24, 2017, 07:55:43 AM »
I found my car has an alarm the hard way. The keyfob didn't work (not faulty, just the button didn't work once) so I unlocked it with the key. When I opened the door the alarm went off... I think the alarm will stop when you insert the key into the ignition but I just pressed the button to make it stop.
If I do that with my Viper alarm/remote starter, it immediately re-locks.  I've had it for years, so it's nothing new.  Very rarely, maybe once every few months, my key's unlock button won't unlock the car, retry as I may, so that's when I first tried to unlock the door with the key, there was no alarm, but it immediately re-locked every time, so I couldn't get the door open.  Fortunately, there's a keyfob for the alarm which has an unlock button as well, and that one has always worked when this has happened, so I just do that when it happens.  I replaced the battery in the key just to rule that out, but it still happens every few months.  I am in the habit of using the car key's unlock button because it only unlocks the driver's door on a single press while the alarm keyfob unlocks multiple doors.  This is a very minor issue for me.  I just need to be sure I have a working alarm key fob with me, which I always do and use often, since it's also a remote starter keyfob.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:58:40 AM by GenXbiker »

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4034 on: July 24, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »

That sounds like inattentive buyer problem.  I think it's safe to say you have an alarm if your key fob has a panic button

Back in the mid-90s my parents bought a used minivan. We found out shortly that it had an old-school aftermarket alarm with a keypad and the previous owner had neglected to give us the code. After a few minutes of the alarm blaring we just cut the cord to the siren under the hood. Who's going to steal a Mazda MPV anyway?

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4035 on: July 24, 2017, 08:28:24 AM »

Probably.

The current car was a graduation gift from MIL, so I didn't look into it at all.
Previous two cars were $1.2k and $2.9k respectively. At this price point the non-driving features are irrelevant.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4036 on: July 24, 2017, 09:03:55 AM »

I don't think that is true... My car has a panic button- and it will set off a panic alarm on the car; but the car doesn't have an alarm that goes off if someone tries to get into the car.  (Or at least it isn't very responsive. The car alarms I remember would go off if you moved the handle, or bumped the car hard.) 

They also never mentioned anything about an alarm when I bought the car (new).

My last car also had a panic button on the fob; but again- I don't think it had a security alarm.  At least in 12 years of ownership, I never heard it.

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4037 on: July 24, 2017, 09:14:16 AM »

I don't think that is true... My car has a panic button- and it will set off a panic alarm on the car; but the car doesn't have an alarm that goes off if someone tries to get into the car.  (Or at least it isn't very responsive. The car alarms I remember would go off if you moved the handle, or bumped the car hard.) 

My last car also had a panic button on the fob; but again- I don't think it had a security alarm.  At least in 12 years of ownership, I never heard it.

Try locking the car with the FOB, then unlock and open the door from the inside of the car.  This will trigger most car alarms.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4038 on: July 24, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
Yeah that was my recollection too. Twenty years ago, it seemed like car alarms would go off all the time. To the point where we kids would be instructed to steer well clear of people's vehicles because some of them were on full paranoia mode and just looking at them the wrong way would trigger it.

Glad that's not an issue anymore.

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #4039 on: July 24, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »
My new MPP:

I just joined our Buy Nothing group and scored a pair of cargo shorts.  Checked the pockets before putting them into the wash and I found $11 in a buttoned pocket.  I'm too lazy to make the trip back to return the money so I'm going to mail the person a check.  So I'm out the cost of a stamp (49 cents, I think).

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4040 on: July 24, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »

Now that you think of it, you have no idea
you should have continued with

if you own a car at all.

BDWW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4041 on: July 24, 2017, 12:10:26 PM »

Try locking the car with the FOB, then unlock and open the door from the inside of the car.  This will trigger most car alarms.

There's usually some sort of time/grace limit. If you lock and then get out right away mine doesn't go off. But I play in a soccer league after work, so I often change in my car. It'll go off then.

Also, panic buttons are worthless and annoying. Mine would go off all the time by pressing against the other keys in my pocket. After about the tenth time, I took the fob apart and scratched off the traces connecting to the panic button. Awesome, no more panic button.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4042 on: July 24, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »

There's usually some sort of time/grace limit. If you lock and then get out right away mine doesn't go off. But I play in a soccer league after work, so I often change in my car. It'll go off then.

Also, panic buttons are worthless and annoying. Mine would go off all the time by pressing against the other keys in my pocket. After about the tenth time, I took the fob apart and scratched off the traces connecting to the panic button. Awesome, no more panic button.

I use my panic button when I can't find the car in the parking lot.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4043 on: July 24, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »

Right.  Although you should know modern alarm systems are pretty insensitive -- I suspect mine is only useful for the situation described above, where someone breaks the window or you leave it down (no alarm) and then opens the door from the inside (alarm goes off).  If they just climb in the window I think I'm SOL, as I drove that thing across country on a trailer and forgot to turn off the alarm, but it never went off despite all the bumps.  Much more important is the immobilizer system that prevents the car from being started.

Back in the mid-90s my parents bought a used minivan. We found out shortly that it had an old-school aftermarket alarm with a keypad and the previous owner had neglected to give us the code. After a few minutes of the alarm blaring we just cut the cord to the siren under the hood. Who's going to steal a Mazda MPV anyway?

That is hilarious.  So the alarm was just perpetually going off without a siren?  Or did they finally rip it out?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:14:28 PM by dragoncar »

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4044 on: July 24, 2017, 05:31:25 PM »
I use my panic button when I can't find the car in the parking lot.

I just yell out, really loud, "Here, car!  Here, car!"   And hey, presto!  I see it right away.

Used to embarrass my son to no end when I did this.   Then he forgot where they parked at a sports stadium and he gave it a try.  He was shocked to discover how well it worked.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4045 on: July 24, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »

That is hilarious.  So the alarm was just perpetually going off without a siren?  Or did they finally rip it out?

Unfortunately I can't remember the details now. I don't recall the system being removed so maybe there was no immobilizer? Or maybe my dad contacted the previous owner to get the code and disable the system.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4046 on: July 24, 2017, 10:06:40 PM »

Unfortunately I can't remember the details now. I don't recall the system being removed so maybe there was no immobilizer? Or maybe my dad contacted the previous owner to get the code and disable the system.

I don't think immobilizers were commonplace until the 2000s.  Even if you had one, it could probably be bypassed with physical access.

dreams_and_discoveries

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4047 on: July 27, 2017, 08:55:05 AM »
I've got stomach flu, and thus haven't eaten for days. Not planning to get ill, I'd bought food and had quite a bit in my freezer.

Hence I've now manically washing my hands (to make sure no virus) and preparing the food I'd bought, then rearranging the freezer to fit it in, since I'm not going to be able to eat it.

Grocery bill for this week: negligible.

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4048 on: July 28, 2017, 06:34:35 AM »
Putting in an insurance claim because you were rear ended and having them comment about your high deductible and how oh I see you don't have "rental coverage."  And having to say yes I know, my policy reflects deliberate choices I have need.  (unsaid because I live below my means and I can afford to pay for that if necessary.)  As the other driver was at fault, I'll get the deductible waved once they have the police report anyway.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4049 on: July 28, 2017, 08:25:26 PM »
My internet contract is up next week. Would have jumped $25/month if I didn't do anything. New rate is $10 higher than old rate for the new promo for just internet. *OR* for the same price I could have basic cable and free HBO! Okay, sure. BUT WAIT. Turns out there's a $7/month "broadcast fee". Ummm, what is this bullshit? They tell me it's not them, it's "required", so they can't waive it. I turned down the TV/HBO package. The lady simply could not understand why I cared about $7/month.

She stopped pushing when I instead ranted a bit about unfair corporate pricing practices and lack of clarity in pricing. Turns out there's a big lawsuit about it. https://consumerist.com/2017/04/20/communities-push-for-investigation-into-comcasts-broadcast-tv-regional-sports-fees/ and http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/index.ssf/2017/04/cable_tv_regulators_want_orego.html

Turns out they can raise those fees at any time even if you're under contract. That is some BS right there. If we could rely on DSL for hubby's business (instead of needing fiber), we'd have left them completely. UGH, monopolies suck.