Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 5087022 times)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #2000 on: October 01, 2015, 02:27:16 PM »
Mustachian problem: when Mint doesn't work the last day of the month. Or the first day.

You mean I have to go and track all my numbers MANUALLY?

Can't you just filter it to the one month or date range that you want? Most of their tools seem to do that.

I've mostly stopped using their analytic tools anyway. I just dump all the transactions into a spreadsheet that does the analysis and pivots I actually care about. Which has me thinking I should just get rid of Mint entirely, because I'm still a little nervous that they have all my passwords.

The whole point was it wasn't working the last two days. I always do an end of month recap, and since I couldn't access Mint, I had to go to my accounts directly. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I know how to set a date range on there and all that.

Urchina

• Stubble
« Reply #2001 on: October 01, 2015, 09:43:03 PM »
Just discovered holes in the elbows of my shirt (again).

Can't decide if I should mend the holes or refashion it into a short sleeved shirt.

Problems indeed!

Elbow patches are in again. Slap some leather on that!

RelaxedGal

• Bristles
« Reply #2002 on: October 05, 2015, 07:11:58 PM »
Feeling that you can't afford Starbucks while earning $100K/year, saving $50K/year and having $1M in assets is the essence of mustachianism !

I'm not sure about this.  That sounds more like a caricature portrayal of Mustachianism.  Personally, I feel like I can afford Starbucks but choose not to buy it because it wouldn't make me any happier.  If I absolutely loved Starbucks, I'd have no problem buying it.

Agreed, see Mrs Money Mustache's latest post about how awesome it is to make lattes at home, among other things.

Quote from: Mrs Money Mustache
While I will occasionally go out for coffee with a friend, when I do, I make sure that the experience is worthwhile. The place I go to is locally owned and the shop owner is usually around chatting to people. I often bump into folks I know from my community, and I have a really nice experience.

Urchina, I still haven't decided on that shirt but thinking about it inspired me to tackle my mending pile and put 2 pair of work pants back in rotation, 2 pair of jeans back into weekend rotation (maybe, not sure those patches will blend in enough to wear outside the house) and another shirt into at-least-weekend rotation if not back to work-worthy.

Love the elbow patches idea, but it's only a 3/4 sleeve shirt so that would look odd IMHO.

Michael792

• Stubble
    • Rising Ascendant
« Reply #2003 on: October 06, 2015, 09:32:26 AM »
RelaxedGal, +1 on the patches! Even with a 3/4 it should look interesting. Hell, post a thread about mending clothes, maybe. Show pictures of it! I'd be interested, at least.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2004 on: October 06, 2015, 10:36:23 AM »
Here's my problem:

I have a neighbor who is taking up a collection to help another neighbor out.  The person the collection is for has had a lot of medical issues, and likely has very high bills- and they are no longer able to work due to the medical issue. I have no doubt money is tighter than normal.

But they just spent the summer landscaping and are currently putting in some home improvements that I would LOVE to have in my house but while not too expensive, aren't in MY budget.

I don't want to look like a jerk by not giving $25; but I also think if money is so tight your neighbors are offering charity, you don't upgrade the laundry room!

(In their defense, I don't believe they are asking for the money, I think the collector took it upon themselves to surprise them with this.)

So mustachian people problem: I don't want to be a jerk; but dammit, if money's tight stop spending on unnecessary things!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2005 on: October 06, 2015, 10:38:30 AM »
Here's my problem:

I have a neighbor who is taking up a collection to help another neighbor out.  The person the collection is for has had a lot of medical issues, and likely has very high bills- and they are no longer able to work due to the medical issue. I have no doubt money is tighter than normal.

But they just spent the summer landscaping and are currently putting in some home improvements that I would LOVE to have in my house but while not too expensive, aren't in MY budget.

I don't want to look like a jerk by not giving $25; but I also think if money is so tight your neighbors are offering charity, you don't upgrade the laundry room!

(In their defense, I don't believe they are asking for the money, I think the collector took it upon themselves to surprise them with this.)

So mustachian people problem: I don't want to be a jerk; but dammit, if money's tight stop spending on unnecessary things!

Maybe they're planning on downsizing, and they feel these are needed updates to achieve that?

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2006 on: October 06, 2015, 10:43:07 AM »
Maybe they're planning on downsizing, and they feel these are needed updates to achieve that?

I really do not think they are planning on moving anytime soon.

riverffashion

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2007 on: October 06, 2015, 02:39:21 PM »
Here's my problem:

I don't feel obligated to donate to anyone or anything I don't believe in or feel like donating to. There are other ways to help, that don't involve dwindling my funds.

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2008 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
Here's my problem:

I would be sooo embarrased if I was the reciever of money some neighbours collected because they thought we were poor. How do you know they don't have massive emergency fund, or became FI years ago? We got a ~30% reduction of our income do to medical stuff, and it was embarrasing enough to explain to family that we didn't want or need their charity, this was well within our budget. Imaging having to explain to strangers that "sorry, I know you meant well, but basicly, eh.... we are richer than you".

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2009 on: October 06, 2015, 04:13:11 PM »
It's not a poor neighborhood, so honestly, yeah, for all I know they are millionaires.

If feel better if we were giving them something they needed or helping out with chores she can't do anymore or something like that. I'd be all for, with their health lets all hire a service to plow for them this winter- something specific, that even if they can afford it's just a gift to show we care. Or even if it was "they just had a $10,000 medical bill, let's help out"- but it's so unknown.

I'm going to give the money so I don't look like a jerk to my other neighbors, but I just don't get it. Its clear they aren't living bare bones yet, so it seems so weird to offer help in this way.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:21:32 PM by iowajes »

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2010 on: October 06, 2015, 10:09:39 PM »
Maybe you'll get lucky.  They could be FI and use the donated money to throw a big party for all the neighbors.  Here's hoping...

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2011 on: October 07, 2015, 08:33:46 AM »
If you want to do something really helpful, go rake the yard for them or something like that. Often, no one in the house has the ability or energy to deal with basic chores, etc. When my mom was sick, I spent a week just feeding her, cleaning (major cleaning, not just little stuff), doing laundry, organizing the house, etc. Plus almost taking her to the ER one day, but ended up not needing to do that at least.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2012 on: October 07, 2015, 08:41:18 AM »
If you want to do something really helpful, go rake the yard for them or something like that.

I've run errands for them, like to the grocery store or to take their kid to an after school activity when she couldn't drive.

It's just the money thing that I see as a "mustachian people problem". I don't want to give money to people who are spending their money on stuff I want but don't spend my money on because it's frivolous, but I don't want to look like a cheap jerk.

Helping out a neighbor is very important to me. I don't begrudge that they might need help they aren't asking for; but I know I'd be mortified if people just handed me money...

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2013 on: October 07, 2015, 08:54:48 AM »
If you want to do something really helpful, go rake the yard for them or something like that.

I've run errands for them, like to the grocery store or to take their kid to an after school activity when she couldn't drive.

It's just the money thing that I see as a "mustachian people problem". I don't want to give money to people who are spending their money on stuff I want but don't spend my money on because it's frivolous, but I don't want to look like a cheap jerk.

Helping out a neighbor is very important to me. I don't begrudge that they might need help they aren't asking for; but I know I'd be mortified if people just handed me money...

Yeah, you're golden here. Money isn't necessary, and just tell your other neighbor that you're helping out in other ways.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2014 on: October 07, 2015, 09:00:18 AM »
Just discovered holes in the elbows of my shirt (again).

Can't decide if I should mend the holes or refashion it into a short sleeved shirt.

Problems indeed!

You think you have problems, I bought some swim gloves in Aug, I just noticed I wore a hole
through one finger tip by pushing of the wall in the pool. These cost me $4.46!
  No more pushing of the wall for me.  :-)
                                     Mikek

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2015 on: October 07, 2015, 09:17:27 AM »
It's not a poor neighborhood, so honestly, yeah, for all I know they are millionaires.

If feel better if we were giving them something they needed or helping out with chores she can't do anymore or something like that. I'd be all for, with their health lets all hire a service to plow for them this winter- something specific, that even if they can afford it's just a gift to show we care. Or even if it was "they just had a $10,000 medical bill, let's help out"- but it's so unknown.

I'm going to give the money so I don't look like a jerk to my other neighbors, but I just don't get it. Its clear they aren't living bare bones yet, so it seems so weird to offer help in this way.

I feel a bit odd when I get a tip from, usually a waitress while working in my small business.
Knowing that my networth is over 100 times hers, if she even has any networth, makes it uncomfortable.

BDWW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2016 on: October 07, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »

I feel a bit odd when I get a tip from, usually a waitress while working in my small business.
Knowing that my networth is over 100 times hers, if she even has any networth, makes it uncomfortable.

I'm at odds with valuing someones work based on your own net worth. Now if tipping in your area of business is pressured as a social norm, it's a bit different. If not, accept the compliment graciously and put it out of your mind.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2017 on: October 07, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »

You think you have problems, I bought some swim gloves in Aug, I just noticed I wore a hole
                                     Mikek

Can you mend it?
The ladies on my synchronized skating team were shocked to find out that a pair of over the boot tights ($30ish for the kind we wore) lasted me multiple competitions.  Because you were almost guaranteed to get a hole in them each time, which would turn into a run.

But as soon as I found a small hole, I sewed it up.  No one else even considered you could do that to tights.

Although- what exactly is the benefit of swim gloves? I've never seen anyone at our pool in gloves.

Josiecat

• Bristles
« Reply #2018 on: October 07, 2015, 01:59:33 PM »
What's with these people taking up a donation for someone's health bills?  Do they not have insurance to cover them? 

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2019 on: October 07, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »
What's with these people taking up a donation for someone's health bills?  Do they not have insurance to cover them?

Troll much?

seathink

• Stubble
« Reply #2020 on: October 07, 2015, 04:34:56 PM »
My upstairs neighbor runs their AC a lot more than I do (granted, it's probably a couple degrees warmer upstairs).  At night when mine is off while their continues to run and run and run and build up condensation and drip down on my window ac unit with a loud pelunk that reverberates through the unit and wakes me up.  Sometimes I can ignore it.  I started sleeping facing the other direction so I my head wasn't right next to the window...  one night I was so exhausted I just couldn't handle it.  The room was cool enough, but I had to turn the ac's fan on to create enough noise and drown that pelunk out.  If I ran the ac 24/7 I'd never notice.

We had the same problem! We put an old mat on top of our unit and it dampens the noise A LOT! ~~MMM problem, remembering to remove the mat when the Management Company comes because they complain it looks 'cheap'.

cripzychiken

• Stubble
« Reply #2021 on: October 08, 2015, 11:33:45 AM »

Mikek

Can you mend it?
The ladies on my synchronized skating team were shocked to find out that a pair of over the boot tights ($30ish for the kind we wore) lasted me multiple competitions.  Because you were almost guaranteed to get a hole in them each time, which would turn into a run.

But as soon as I found a small hole, I sewed it up.  No one else even considered you could do that to tights.

Although- what exactly is the benefit of swim gloves? I've never seen anyone at our pool in gloves.

I read that as "synchro swimming" since that is more common and was completely lost as to why you were wearing boots and tights and how you got holes/runs in them while swimming.  It was a funny picture to think of a bunch of ladies swimming in combat boots in perfect synch. 

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2022 on: October 08, 2015, 12:41:13 PM »
I've seen web-fingered swim gloves - presumably to give more of an arm workout ?

kvaruni

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2023 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:24 AM »
Forgot about this one, but about 9 months ago I had a very mustachian problem ...

We were planning to buy a home but for various reasons I decided to buy the home in my name alone (my wife lives in another country, 'nough said). Not too much of a problem as the home was £75,000 so I could just buy it cash. That was a mistake. I got grilled by the sollictor on a number of visits as to how I came to be in the posession of £75,000 by the young age of 30. I had to prove (!!) with bank statements from the last 5 or so years that I did save up that amount. Luckily, she never came to know there was another £80,000 at the time tucked away in investment accounts ...

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #2024 on: October 09, 2015, 11:55:49 AM »
I've seen web-fingered swim gloves - presumably to give more of an arm workout ?
I'll tell you what - they make me feel like a fuckin' seal!
The increased resistance does make it possible to work the arms harder, but for me it's more about being temporarily faster. I've used them while surfing to increase my paddling power.

BDWW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2025 on: October 09, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »
Forgot about this one, but about 9 months ago I had a very mustachian problem ...

We were planning to buy a home but for various reasons I decided to buy the home in my name alone (my wife lives in another country, 'nough said). Not too much of a problem as the home was £75,000 so I could just buy it cash. That was a mistake. I got grilled by the sollictor on a number of visits as to how I came to be in the posession of £75,000 by the young age of 30. I had to prove (!!) with bank statements from the last 5 or so years that I did save up that amount. Luckily, she never came to know there was another £80,000 at the time tucked away in investment accounts ...

Yeah, they're serious about that anti fraud stuff. Apparently people like to launder money through real-estate transactions.

It pushed the closing of our home back a couple weeks as I foolishly sold some stock and transferred it into my checking to pay for the down payment. Had to produce statements from both the bank and brokerage to show the money was mine.

Tip: if you're going to buy a house/launder money, have the money in your account 90+ days before you close. Apparently, they don't care/don't require paper trails if it's been there that long.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2026 on: October 10, 2015, 02:03:50 AM »

Yeah, they're serious about that anti fraud stuff. Apparently people like to launder money through real-estate transactions.

It pushed the closing of our home back a couple weeks as I foolishly sold some stock and transferred it into my checking to pay for the down payment. Had to produce statements from both the bank and brokerage to show the money was mine.

Tip: if you're going to buy a house/launder money, have the money in your account 90+ days before you close. Apparently, they don't care/don't require paper trails if it's been there that long.

Wow! I'm shocked by this! A bit shocked that someone could not believe you could save up £75,000 by age 30, pretty shocked that 90 days is the furthest they check back, and TOTALLY shocked that you bought a house for £75k! (Presume in UK because in £.) WHERE???

Two9A

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • On the long road to zero net worth
« Reply #2027 on: October 10, 2015, 03:35:10 AM »

Wow! I'm shocked by this! A bit shocked that someone could not believe you could save up £75,000 by age 30, pretty shocked that 90 days is the furthest they check back, and TOTALLY shocked that you bought a house for £75k! (Presume in UK because in £.) WHERE???
I just sold a house a few months back, for £55k. Its value was falling by hundreds every month, so I managed to get out just in time to clear the mortgage.

Come to Manchester, houses are cheap. And cheaper with every day that passes.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2028 on: October 10, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »

I just sold a house a few months back, for £55k. Its value was falling by hundreds every month, so I managed to get out just in time to clear the mortgage.

Ah, The North... A friend of mine bought a three bedroom house with a garden in Yorkshire for £130k a few years ago. I nearly exploded with jealousy! A move to somewhere like Wales or the Midlands is potentially on the cards for the future, but right now our lives, friends and jobs are in the south-east, unfortunately.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2029 on: October 10, 2015, 11:29:33 AM »
It's mostly idiots who had a 30min mandatory training  video on "know your customer/money laundering" and believed it.

We owed a £10 fee to the estate agent (realtor) for a copy of a lost key or something trivial - they wouldn't take cash because  "it's against the law" we had to write a cheque !

the_fella

• Stubble
« Reply #2030 on: October 10, 2015, 11:30:43 AM »
Nothing to add to conversations among friends and co-workers about the latest TV series.  Don't recognize 80% of the 'stars' populating the tabloids.

Since I work nights most days, I haven't been able to watch my favorite TV shows as they air. Instead, I watch them online. I even have *gasp* two shows I love on at the same time! (Though I still can't watch them when they're on b/c of work). The internet saves the day there, too.

DCKatie09

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2031 on: October 11, 2015, 07:33:48 AM »
My husband's cousin (whom I adore) has spent the better part of the past year putting her design degree to use and launching an online home goods store - gorgeous throws, pillows, phone cases, etc. Official launch is today, and everything is (as I feared) waayyy outside my comfortable price range for pretty things I don't need anyway. So I want to support her efforts, but I also just can't bring myself to pay $40 for a tea towel... (but seriously, the things are so pretty)

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2032 on: October 11, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
My mustachian people problem is that we have too much food.

We live in SoCal and have a year-round growing season, and even though I am a hack gardener, there is non-stop food coming out of the yard. I just harvested an astonishing quantity of sunchokes, the tree collards are coming back, we have more green onions and basil than I know what to do with, the peppers have started flowering in our heat wave, and that's just the stuff that grows in one part of our yard.

I like to have relatively bare shelves because we have a relatively small kitchen and can't be stockpiling much, but there is so much cornmeal and canned fish and dried fruit and it seems like we will never eat it all, especially since DH just did a huge grocery shop AND I came home from a preschool parents party at a park with all the leftover snacks that people brought to share. (I organized the event and cleaned up and couldn't bear to throw out good food. I'll take the sweets to give to the teachers at school tomorrow.)

kvaruni

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2033 on: October 12, 2015, 01:27:59 AM »

Ah, The North... A friend of mine bought a three bedroom house with a garden in Yorkshire for £130k a few years ago. I nearly exploded with jealousy! A move to somewhere like Wales or the Midlands is potentially on the cards for the future, but right now our lives, friends and jobs are in the south-east, unfortunately.

Housing prices are very unequally distributed throughout the UK. Plenty of areas in Scotland, North England, Wales, and Northern Ireland where you can buy reasonable properties for reasonable prices. I think NI is a bit special at the moment since we were badly hit by the economical crisis due to a building spree that was going on at the time. Prices plummeted, and they are only now slowly creeping up again. I bike to work, which is in the centre of Belfast, so it's also not like my house is in some remote area :).

Nangirl17

• Stubble
« Reply #2034 on: October 12, 2015, 06:35:20 AM »

I am lucky to live in a fun/touristy area and over the tourist season (not summer) they have free open air ...so why would I want to pay for it?

Neither my husband and I are big movie buffs....

My rule of thumb is to see movies that will look awesome on a big screen.

I much rather enjoy a movie from the comfort of my home with less distractions.

This!

My FIL's TV in his nursing home bit the dust so we gave him ours. Mom insisted on paying us for it, so we bought a projector and screen and now have a 10 foot screen in out basement. Never will we need to enter a theatre again!! (We don't watch TV in daytime, so we don't need a TV that works in daylight) Neither of us mind waiting until it comes out on DVD/BR.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2035 on: October 12, 2015, 07:11:20 AM »
I have a serious health issue at the moment (should be fine once treatment is finished). Friends and acquaintances have all been practically begging to help me in some way. But there is nothing I need and my wants are few (and easily obtained by me). Our finances are in good shape. I have streamlined grocery shopping, we have meals and food in the freezer and a well stocked pantry. Bills are all autopaid or easy to pay online.

So I'm failing in letting my friends help me coz there is nothing I need help with.

Nangirl17

• Stubble
« Reply #2036 on: October 12, 2015, 08:17:51 AM »
My adult daughter complains about our "exfoliating towels" -- yeah, I guess they're a little stiff from hanging on the line to dry!

My husband complains about his stiff jeans so much that I've had to dry them.  Luckily a small load of two pairs of jeans dries quickly.

Just hang them until they're mostly dry, then toss in the dryer to soften up!

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2037 on: October 12, 2015, 10:50:18 AM »
My adult daughter complains about our "exfoliating towels" -- yeah, I guess they're a little stiff from hanging on the line to dry!

My husband complains about his stiff jeans so much that I've had to dry them.  Luckily a small load of two pairs of jeans dries quickly.

No, tell him to STFU and run a Marathon, then the jeans is soft and he is too!

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2038 on: October 12, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »
I left some homemade yogurt in the oven to keep warm.

Mr. FP was craving burgers and fries. Being Mustachian, he got some Ore-Ida fries and fired up the grill. He did not think to check the oven for yogurt (and I thought he would be microwaving dinner).
He boiled my yogurt.

It actually is loosely usable, at least by Little Brother's standards. But I think I'll be needing fresh starter!

The Fake Cheap

• Bristles
« Reply #2039 on: October 13, 2015, 06:29:51 PM »
Not saving enough money on your heating bill to warrant the purchase of a mini split/heat pump.  :(

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #2040 on: October 14, 2015, 08:48:08 AM »
My husband's cousin (whom I adore) has spent the better part of the past year putting her design degree to use and launching an online home goods store - gorgeous throws, pillows, phone cases, etc. Official launch is today, and everything is (as I feared) waayyy outside my comfortable price range for pretty things I don't need anyway. So I want to support her efforts, but I also just can't bring myself to pay $40 for a tea towel... (but seriously, the things are so pretty)

I know people who would spend 40$ on a teatowel... give us the link, we'll spread it, so you can support her without wasting money!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2041 on: October 14, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »

I know people who would spend 40$ on a teatowel... give us the link, we'll spread it, so you can support her without wasting money!

Yeah, I would gladly Pin some fancy towels and such in the hopes one of my spendy-pants friends helps support her =)

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2042 on: October 14, 2015, 11:03:09 AM »
I have a serious health issue at the moment (should be fine once treatment is finished). Friends and acquaintances have all been practically begging to help me in some way. But there is nothing I need and my wants are few (and easily obtained by me). Our finances are in good shape. I have streamlined grocery shopping, we have meals and food in the freezer and a well stocked pantry. Bills are all autopaid or easy to pay online.

So I'm failing in letting my friends help me coz there is nothing I need help with.

Yard or housework? Laundry?

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #2043 on: October 14, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »

+1
Or if they want to spend money, ask for massages gift certificates!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2044 on: October 14, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

This'll sound bad to some folks, I'm sure... but when I worked in a nursing home, we would give "helpful" residents piles of washcloths to fold. Then we would go out, toss them up in a basket, and bring a "new" stack to be folded. Maybe you could have decoy laundry (a load of towels that gets washed over and over) so your family feels helpful, but doesn't mess with any systems you have in place? (Or be better at embracing imperfection than I am, and actually let them help with the laundry....)

DCKatie09

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2045 on: October 14, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »

Yeah, I would gladly Pin some fancy towels and such in the hopes one of my spendy-pants friends helps support her =)

Thanks, guys! The stuff really is beautiful, and I'm sure it's high quality (it better be, at these prices...). http://savannahhayes.com/

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2046 on: October 14, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »

Thanks, guys! The stuff really is beautiful, and I'm sure it's high quality (it better be, at these prices...). http://savannahhayes.com/

Okay, not going to lie, the Carrara marble coasters are beautiful... but probably would look odd on my mismatch of goodwill, ikea, and inherited furniture! Plus they're $88. For that price, I'll just buy a glass top for my coffee table!

So maybe that's a mustachian problem. I can't buy fancy coasters, because of my un-fancy furniture.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2047 on: October 14, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
Okay, not going to lie, the Carrara marble coasters are beautiful...
But then you would have to upgrade your beer - the expenses never end.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2048 on: October 14, 2015, 06:15:33 PM »
At the Wells Fargo ATM on the screen where you enter your pin number it gives you the option to go to your most frequently used transaction type.  Mine now reads "Make a deposit and email receipt."

I think it's your most recently used, though it could be most used. Mine shows the same as that's all I ever do as well. Plus, the most insane thing is, the teller (when I was depositing cash) looked at me and said, "Looks like you've been a Wells Fargo customer for... 25 years." I'm 25 years old.

Even better, I used to have an AAA membership that showed a "member since" date several years before I was born. Something like 20 years before I could legally drive.

How did this occur? Ha! :)

When I first started to drive (at 15.5) - my parents added me to their AAA membership. They had been members for about 20 years. The card I was issued was based on their start date. Eventually I split off into my own membership, but AAA kept the original "member since" date I had inherited. :D

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2049 on: October 14, 2015, 06:22:50 PM »

Our washer does a very high-speed spinout, making some pretty hard wrinkles/creases in everything.

Shakeout, 2-3 minutes in the dryer and hang. Creases gone, jeans and towels are relatively soft.