Author Topic: My commute is decreasing from 9.9 miles to 6.8 and I didn't move or switch jobs  (Read 1070 times)

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
My current commute to my place of work is 9.9 miles and 17 minutes by car. My commute home is a little shorter at 9.6 miles because of some one-way streets. About 3 miles is on a busy highway.

The county is building a new road that will create a direct shot from my house to my place of work, reducing my commute by 3.1 miles. Because I will be able to avoid the highway, I think I'm going to start biking once the new road is complete.

The new road is about 4.5 miles long. They technically broke ground in October 2022. However, I first saw heavy equipment moving dirt in the first week of April 2023. Completion date is unknown. I'm thinking it's going to be a 2-3 year build. They said the total cost is only 6.7 million, which seems low.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
Awesome! And you'll have good bike-commuting weather 7+ months/year, especially if you can get going early (or just ride a bit more slowly) in the summer!

patchyfacialhair

• Handlebar Stache
Pueblo weather I'd argue is great 11 months out of the year! Too hot in the summer for me though, but it's still nice. Great biking weather.

And what a great win! I have some coworkers that moved down to Pueblo for more space and lower housing cost. They seem to like it. We go down regularly during the summer to the drive in theater.

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
Awesome! And you'll have good bike-commuting weather 7+ months/year, especially if you can get going early (or just ride a bit more slowly) in the summer!

Pueblo weather I'd argue is great 11 months out of the year! Too hot in the summer for me though, but it's still nice. Great biking weather.

And what a great win! I have some coworkers that moved down to Pueblo for more space and lower housing cost. They seem to like it. We go down regularly during the summer to the drive in theater.
[/i]

I teach at the community college. Each semester is 16 weeks and I don't teach on Fridays. As a result, I have 128 commuting days/year. I'm thinking maybe trying to get 50 days of bike commuting the first year and then try to improve it from there

mistymoney

• Handlebar Stache

TomTX

• Walrus Stache

[/i]

I teach at the community college. Each semester is 16 weeks and I don't teach on Fridays. As a result, I have 128 commuting days/year. I'm thinking maybe trying to get 50 days of bike commuting the first year and then try to improve it from there
You are awesome!

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache

[/i]

Reading the title, do you teach with math story problems by chance?