Author Topic: Most Expensive Hamburger Ever Eaten  (Read 2304 times)

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
Most Expensive Hamburger Ever Eaten
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:38:20 AM »
My parents were in town and like to treat to expensive dinners. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. They have the money and that's how they like to spend it.

We went to a bar/restaurant with a great view, but limited food menu. One of the cheapest options was a hamburger with fries for $24. My wife and I really enjoy hamburgers, so that's what we ordered. Unfortunately, it ended up not being that good.

We joke that our old college bar has better burgers and they still sell for $7.99 with fries. One night a week, they have 2 for 1 burgers, so that's only $4. They also have $2 micro-beer pints on tap, instead of $7 pints. It was our 3rd date about 8 years ago. We are making plans to make a special trip back.

redbird

• Pencil Stache
Re: Most Expensive Hamburger Ever Eaten
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:49:06 AM »
Most expensive burger I've eaten was maybe $14. When I lived in Japan, I contemplated trying a Kobe beef hamburger. Those tend to run ~$35. But I never did.

maizefolk

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
I've never had a good hamburger at a "fancy" restaurant.

Best hamburger I've ever eaten cost $9.95 (without fries) but it was at a dedicated burger joint.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
Most expensive burger I've eaten was maybe $14. When I lived in Japan, I contemplated trying a Kobe beef hamburger. Those tend to run ~$35. But I never did.

There is a really great Wagyu (Kobe style) burger place in Houston. Burgers are $10-$16, depending on options. I've eaten there several times when my employer was paying. :)