Author Topic: Market timing to travel the world  (Read 1977 times)

Late_Bloomer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Counting every penny.
Market timing to travel the world
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:47:17 AM »
Found this video and thought to share. A 20 something started investing short term and now makes enough to travel the world. She makes it sound easy!

https://youtu.be/qwd3C2Cq9H0

https://youtu.be/vk8v3hOT5iY
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:51:36 AM by Late_Bloomer »

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Market timing to travel the world
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »
I follow her youtube channel, already posted a link to this video in another thread.

I'll repeat the comment I made when I posted the link. This is a modern example of a shoeshine boy giving stock tips. She trades individual stocks (not a good idea for a regular person, especially one with a small portfolio) and invests in triple leveraged ETFs which she doesn't seem to understand (very bad idea to invest in them long term given that their value decays over time).

However, her boyfriend has a regular job now, based on her latest videos. She also worked as a waitress to save money before she started travelling. She has a pretty good work ethic and money saving habits/mindset. She'll be ok even if/when the market drops and her triple leveraged investments drop even more. Just don't take any investment advice from her.

VolcanicArts

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:01:30 PM »
I watched her videos and she is very vague on her stock trading, but it appears she is using leveraged cyclical trading to generate her returns. I do some cyclical trading, but the problem is there are only a few sectors that have the kind of stocks that have enough volatility, predictability, and also generate a dividend at the same time. I've found I've done much better just cornering consistent yield in a stable sector then leveraging it through margin and trying to lock in the dividend stream using 3x inverse short plays. Much more complicated than her system, but without more information on her actual risk exposure and returns it is hard to compare.

Maenad

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 06:43:01 AM »
I heard this same stuff 20 years ago when I was fresh out of college. It's been real easy to make money in stocks since 2009; I'll be interested in how she fares during the next recession.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!