Author Topic: Just for fun, where did your Mustache Nickname come from?  (Read 13025 times)

dignam

• Pencil Stache
Re: Just for fun, where did your Mustache Nickname come from?
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2017, 07:47:41 AM »
From the movie The Departed, Mark Wahlberg's character Sgt. Dignam.  Basically stole every scene he was in with his one liners and burns.

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »
A kid in high school.  Another boy told him his mother was bald and he countered that wasn't true.  She had one hair on her head and he took care of it. After we died laughing we had to concede he'd won the battle of wits.  Also I think I am building my MMM lifestyle one hair at a time. 

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 02:50:22 PM »
I always thought 'Lord Lackbeard' would be a great user name for this forum. Shakespeare used it in Much Ado About Nothing to refer to a young man who didn't have a full beard yet. Wish I'd thought of it when I was joining.

SnidelyWhiplashStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 07:17:58 AM »
I always loved watching those old cartoons from the 60s and 70s and the Adventures of Dudley Do-Right was one of my favorites.  I just figured this was a perfect moniker for this site.

coppertop

• Bristles
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:40 AM »
It was the name of my character when I played World of Warcraft. I ended up using it for many of my handles on forums and my hobby/business. I am a redhead in real life (now with sprinkles of star dust) and obviously a real nerd.

My name comes from my hair color as well.  I have different screen names on multiple types of forums, and they are always based on my being a redhead.

msmargarita

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »
I love margaritas, hence the name msmargarita.  Apparently all that tequila has affected my creativity, though.  There are so many great stories behind your nicknames!

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
My handle is fairly self explanatory. I'm beyond fabulous. There's that trope that as a trans woman, I'm actually just some sort of REALLY GAY man.

Izybat

• Stubble
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »
Mine is from a movie I liked when I was younger, Anastasia. My favorite character was the bat, Bartok. When I went to make Bartok as a screen name years ago, it was taken, so instead I stole one of his lines from the movie. He talks about "his nephew Izzy". Hence, Izybat.

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »
From the movie The Departed, Mark Wahlberg's character Sgt. Dignam. 

I suspected as much.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
This is a little complex so try and follow along...I live in Canada and I want to Retire. ;)