Author Topic: It's official  (Read 3710 times)

Travis

• Magnum Stache
It's official
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »
I just received an email notifying me that I passed my final exam for Grad school.  Since I'm deployed I will not be in any kind of ceremony, but it felt great to call my wife and tell her to look for something in the mail in the shape of a diploma.

JPinDC

• Stubble
Re: It's official
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 11:41:22 AM »
Congratulations!

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »
Congratulations!  What degree is it in?  Will you be using for your current job or are you looking to switch careers?

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:44:25 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Congrats

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
Congratulations!  What degree is it in?  Will you be using for your current job or are you looking to switch careers?

Masters of Science in International Relations.  I'm a Major in the US Army in the communications field and I have a good 8 years or so before I retire from the Army.  The degree was for something I enjoy and I'm good at, though it's not in my current professional field.  My duties don't require me to have a hard science degree, but I've been doing military communications for 15 years so I make up for it with experience.  I'm in upper/middle management so I'm not expected to push many buttons.  I don't know if I'll stay in the comms field when I get out (I think I'll need to work a few years before I FIRE), but I like the idea of having accomplished this and having another field to fall back on.

HawkeyeNFO

• Bristles
  • Retired at 44.....back to work at 45
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »
Masters of Science in International Relations.  I'm a Major in the US Army in the communications field and I have a good 8 years or so before I retire from the Army.  The degree was for something I enjoy and I'm good at, though it's not in my current professional field.  My duties don't require me to have a hard science degree, but I've been doing military communications for 15 years so I make up for it with experience.  I'm in upper/middle management so I'm not expected to push many buttons.  I don't know if I'll stay in the comms field when I get out (I think I'll need to work a few years before I FIRE), but I like the idea of having accomplished this and having another field to fall back on.

Hey! You're the opposite of me!  I got my Bachelor degree in International Relations, and now I work in communications for my Navy job.  So, I don't have a hard science degree, but I work every day with rocket scientists, and have fooled some of them.  I love it when people ask me where I got my engineering degree.

southern granny

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »
Congratulations ! and thank you for your military service. God bless you.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »
Congratulations!  That will beef up the OER!!

Kimchi Bleu

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »
Quite an accomplishment!  Congrats.  Thank you for your service!!!

livingandlearning

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome! 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!