Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1575 times)

leesplbg

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Introduction
« on: July 13, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »
Hello my Name is Noah Burnett. I am a nineteen year old student currently enrolled at the University of Florida. I am studying business finance and want to expand my knowledge on the idea of early retirement. My uncle, who resides in Boulder Colorado, came up with the idea of having us read the forums and a bunch of different articles to help expand our knowledge on early retirement and finances in general.

I have learned about the stock market, specifically how the market is always increasing. I have also realized what Parkinson's Law is and how to avoid it. We don’t need to increase our spending simply because our income increases, instead focus more on saving and shooting for a lifestyle that only requires minimum purchase.

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:19:29 PM »
Welcome and congrats on getting interested and involved in financial matters this early on in your life. You are doing this at a time before you've had a chance to make most major mistakes yet.

There are many here that wish they would have found out about the things discussed around here at your age. Also as you mention it is a lot easier to not grow used to increased spending than it is to curb it once you have grown accustomed to it.

boulder3381

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Enjoy Outdoors Again! EMDR for Athletes & Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:26:44 PM »
Hi Noah,
Emily and I so glad you agreed to this financial education adventure and are looking forward to seeing how you choose to use the money we will be giving you at end.
Casey

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:33:25 PM »
Welcome! Count me in as one who wishes I'd had the guidance you have received from your uncle back when I was only 19! I hope you find a lot of useful information here before you have the opportunity to make mistakes that some of us have made along the way. (specifically for me, lifestyle inflation).

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!