Author Topic: If you have just one anti-mustachian habit, what is it?  (Read 22214 times)

dungoofed

• Pencil Stache
Re: If you have just one anti-mustachian habit, what is it?
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2015, 08:39:46 PM »
Cable TV is a big indulgence.  We are thinking of Netflix and a big antenna later.  The programming isn't even very good anymore.

My friend said that it feels like they aren't even trying these days. "We've lost this battle, just put any old crap on there."

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
Forgive me fellow mustachians, for I have sinned! I replaced my patchy, weedy rear lawn with beautiful, spendypants rolled turf.

Before:

After:

My reasoning? Firstly, we stare at this lawn most of the time we are home as it surrounds our family room windows. Having nice turf makes this view so much more pleasurable. Secondly, my dogs absolutely love lush lawn. They now lay on it and romp around on it (and wee/poop on it - not so good!). Thirdly, it is not that big an area (45sqm) and the lawn type is buffalo which is a low maintenance, low watering requirement variety.

On a more mustachian note, my wife and I did dig up the old lawn, prepare the new surface and lay the new turn ourselves by hand. This amounted to the movement of around 3.5 tonnes of dirt and sod using shovels, buckets and a small wheelbarrow. It took us 5 days to recover from the sore muscles!

Lyngi

• Stubble
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »
Horses.  We have 2 horses.  I would have 1 million net worth if we hadn't started that hobby, but DH wouldn't have his current job.  He loves his job, but it is hard on the body, he is a farrier.  My DD would be boy crazy right now instead of horse crazy.  I love my horses and they have given a lot of pleasure over the years.  We are now spending real quality time with my parents and sister which is priceless.  I am teaching them all how to ride.