Author Topic: Good retirement / early retirement books or audio books  (Read 1566 times)

NorCal

• Handlebar Stache
Good retirement / early retirement books or audio books
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »
I've recently been having more discussions with my wife around the idea of early retirement.  I would say she's generally on-board, but a little skeptical of the specifics.  She has particular concern about how much we need to live on, and the amount needed to fund it.  It's not that we disagree, she just doesn't feel like she has the information to make informed decisions.

I feel pretty comfortable with it, as I've done a bunch of the math myself, work in finance, and see some easy ways of cutting cash expenses once we no longer have jobs.

She doesn't care to follow blogs, but she usually listens to audiobooks during her commute, and is open to reading books I recommend.

I've already sent her the Bogleheads guide to retirement planning.

Any other recommendations?

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
Re: Good retirement / early retirement books or audio books
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »
You're probably going to give more info on her particular knowledge base within the very very broad subject of FIRE. Also need to consider her interests, strengths, weaknesses...etc. Something like Early Retirement Extreme will be very different from The Military Guide to Financial Independence & Retirement.

Also http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/mustachian-book-club/

and google... site:forum.mrmoneymustache.com retirement books