Poll

You the jury, how do you vote?

Guilty of some form of lying, misrepresentation and/or deceipt or otherwise.
Not guilty of above and completely above board.

Author Topic: Frugalwoods - Guilty or Not?  (Read 45908 times)

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
Re: Frugalwoods - Guilty or Not?
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »
They are phonies.  They claim they never had an investment banker's income.  I think they mean they never earned income as an investment banker, but their salary is similar to one.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/investment-banker-salary-SRCH_KO0,17.htm

They're right! They make more than investment bankers.

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2018, 03:17:06 PM »
I've tipped my hand by asking you to provide examples for your unfounded accusations?  I've tipped my hand by not letting you take things out of context?  lol

Your shit slinging really knows no bounds.  Have you no shame, sir?

You were wrong about something and aggressively doubled down on wrongness as a back door justification to call people (myself included), bitter and jealous losers.

I'm affording you an abundance of politeness right now.

The only thing I was "wrong" about was continuing to engage with you and your negativity.  It's blatantly obvious to everyone that you're bitter and jealous.  I don't have any need to call you that.  Your posts exude it. 

mathlete

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2018, 03:21:04 PM »
The only thing I was "wrong" about was continuing to engage with you and your negativity.  It's blatantly obvious to everyone that you're bitter and jealous.  I don't have any need to call you that.  Your posts exude it.

Thanks for your input. I hope you have a phenomenal rest of the day!

MrBojangles

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »
They are phonies.  They claim they never had an investment banker's income.  I think they mean they never earned income as an investment banker, but their salary is similar to one.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/investment-banker-salary-SRCH_KO0,17.htm

They're right! They make more than investment bankers.

WTF! I had no idea!  Not only are they phonies and liars, they are delusional.

MrBojangles

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »
2/3 of voters said, Guilty. 

I guess a question I do have is: Is Nate culpable here at all?  I mean, Liz wrote the book and the blog, right?  Wasn't this just her misrepresentation? 

Given the way they are, and the mixing of gender roles, I doubt they do anything independently.  At the very least, he proofread most or all of everything and never came to the conclusion that he or they is/are hardly average.

I had meant to point out before that others stated you could do reverse math and determine roughly what their income was.  Yes, true, but if most are like me, they simply did not.  I/we simply took for granted their spiel about how they are average, do not have extraordinary incomes.  And so I read their blog and thought, hey, here's someone with a similar income as I and they accomplished all this!  Let me read this blog and see what I can do differently.

Unlike these phonies, I earn a much more modest income and live well beneath my means (they do not).  If I had to guess, if my stock portfolio relative to income (ratio) was compared, my ratio would be better than theirs.  I have over ten times my annual income invested.  Do they?

mathlete

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »
I'd discourage any baseless speculation. And as I said in reply #1 of this thread, I'm uncomfortable with the kangaroo courtish nature of putting people on mock trial.

It should be sufficient to make and prove our point and leave it at that. There's nothing criminal going on here, and the only consequences are that some really nice people are now really nice people who also have engaged in dishonesty in the purview of many.

I think the more interesting discussion that remains is the response of insular communities to introspection.

MrUpwardlyMobile

• Pencil Stache
    • The Upwardly Mobile Life
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2018, 04:55:29 PM »

Investment banker incomes are a lot higher than theirs.  They have the incomes of two professionals.  Truthfully, I know loads of people that earn similar amounts and would benefit from this advice to shed the golden handcuffs of their careers and lifestyles.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2018, 07:30:50 PM »
MOD NOTE:
Thread has devolved into name calling. Everyone has had a chance to say their piece. No need for it to continue.

Locking thread.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.