Author Topic: Epic FU money stories  (Read 1028851 times)

crispy

• Bristles
Re: Epic FU money stories
« Reply #1800 on: September 20, 2017, 09:25:17 PM »
This may not be epic, but it sure made me feel better.

I work with a lot of awesome people, but one of the assistants to a high-level executive is just a nasty piece of work. She yells at people and just treats everyone like dirt. Shed is basically just a bully who thinks she is untouchable and acts accordingly.  She has always been particularly rude to me. I am fairly new and on probation, and I tend to be a friendly, easygoing person so I think she sees me as an easy target.

Back in July, she called me and went off about something stupid. I held my peace, but I  told my boss that she would never, ever speak to me like that again. I am not sure if something was said to her, but she has been semi-pleasant for the past few weeks. Last week, she was back at it and reduced our office assistant to tears. Today, while I was in another area working, she came into our office area, slammed the door as hard as she could and demanded to see me. Since I wasn't available she demanded to see my supervisor and threw a fit because she didn't like how I added something to MY  calendar (apparently blocking off the day for a full day meeting is JUST.NOT.DONE) and then just lied about another perceived infractions. My supervisor basically laughed in her face. She seriously caused a huge scene about a calendar entry.

When I heard about this, I walked down to her office and told her off in a very professional way. She said she had never felt so disrespected in her life, and I told her that she now has taste of what everyone else feels like they deal with her and told her she had better not lie about me again and to never, ever speak to me with an attitude.

When I walked back to my office, I told my supervisor what I had done and to expect her to file a complaint against me tomorrow. I told her (direct quote), "I may be a bitch, but I'm not her bitch" and walked out the door.

So basically, I will see what hits the fan tomorrow...and I don't care. I have watched this person bully people for months and many feel they can't say anything because they need their job. I can because I don't. That is a pretty awesome feeling.

Totally epic.
Need update.  Quick, quick!  This type of epic FU gives me hope!

Two little updates - My director heard what happened and said not to worry about it because she trusts that I was professional and shared some of the crap she has had to put up with from her. About three hours later, the director came in smiling and shared that executive assistant was rude to her so she promptly put her in her place. Executive assistant then called and apologized to her (this event happened in front of a high level person so I think she was forced). I think I started a mini-revolution.

On a great note, this week the auditors from the group that regulates/accredits us showed up. The area I work in was slammed and had a lot of findings during the last audit which was before I started. I have spent the ten months I have worked here preparing for this and cleaning up the mess that was left. I am the only person that does my particular job so if we get findings in that area, it falls on my head. My area (and the department that my area falls under) received no findings at all which has never happened before. We are the only department that didn't get some finding so we are basically the shining stars right now.

That was why I was so annoyed last week...I have been busting my tail off to get prepared for this audit because we didn't know when they would show up (they give you a three month time frame but no specific dates...they just show up) and she is acting like a damn fool over an Outlook calendar entry. On a funnier note, the auditor I worked with today was complaining that he didn't get lunch yesterday...guess who was responsible for ordering food?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:28:52 PM by crispy »

okits

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1801 on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:20 PM »
I think I started a mini-revolution.

Go crispy, you epic badass.  :) Thanks for the story and update!

shelivesthedream

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1802 on: September 21, 2017, 02:03:34 AM »
Amazing! Such congratulations!

Raenia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1803 on: September 21, 2017, 05:48:33 AM »
That's awesome, crispy, good for you!

cavewoman

• Pencil Stache
  • I'm a woman who likes caves
« Reply #1804 on: September 21, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »
That's super badass!  I once had a similar executive assistant whom we nicknamed elizabitch.  Either toxic or sweet as pie, and very sneaky once you were on her bad side.  Kudos to you!!

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1805 on: September 21, 2017, 08:19:20 AM »
That was why I was so annoyed last week...I have been busting my tail off to get prepared for this audit because we didn't know when they would show up (they give you a three month time frame but no specific dates...they just show up) and she is acting like a damn fool over an Outlook calendar entry. On a funnier note, the auditor I worked with today was complaining that he didn't get lunch yesterday...guess who was responsible for ordering food?

I'm an auditor, and I deal with external auditors as well. Escalate this. Seriously. If you promise me food, and don't provide it, you make me crabby. Trust me, you do NOT want to make your auditor crabby. I can make your life so much harder. I can decide to write the finding when it could go either way. There can be serious consequences to pissing off your auditors, and you do not know these people. This one person could significantly hurt the company by pulling those types of stunts.

Cache_Stash

• Bristles
« Reply #1806 on: September 21, 2017, 08:04:15 PM »

I'm an auditor, and I deal with external auditors as well. Escalate this. Seriously. If you promise me food, and don't provide it, you make me crabby. Trust me, you do NOT want to make your auditor crabby. I can make your life so much harder. I can decide to write the finding when it could go either way. There can be serious consequences to pissing off your auditors, and you do not know these people. This one person could significantly hurt the company by pulling those types of stunts.

One of our problems in this world: People can be petty.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1807 on: September 21, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »

So now I am in a pickle. I decided to stand up for the disabled rights. I could have just taken the punishment, not gone to HR, and ended up getting laid off, but now it seems I have turned things around with my d**k managers (after HR probably scared them) and now I may not have grounds to go to HR and ask for a buyout package. And after managers are now being nice to me, I may feel obligated to continue on for a while.

But I really want to FIRE...and do it with a package.

...Or at least they are just scared of lawyers getting involved.

Maybe they're still scared, and they'd be willing to arrange a package if asked?  After all, the managers got better, but they should have been properly trained in the first place, the company is still at fault. If HR has any wiggle room to arrange a package, whether due to these incidents or other grounds, perhaps they would still do it.  Especially if you're up front that the managers improved, and you appreciate that HR did a good job fixing it, you're "asking only for whatever is actually within their professional discretion to arrange" or some such?

Good luck pulling the ripcord in any case.

This may or may not have worked...that's all I am saying.

BTW, I am FIRE'ing on 9/29!

Another epic FU story win!

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1808 on: September 21, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »

So now I am in a pickle. I decided to stand up for the disabled rights. I could have just taken the punishment, not gone to HR, and ended up getting laid off, but now it seems I have turned things around with my d**k managers (after HR probably scared them) and now I may not have grounds to go to HR and ask for a buyout package. And after managers are now being nice to me, I may feel obligated to continue on for a while.

Maybe they're still scared, and they'd be willing to arrange a package if asked?  After all, the managers got better, but they should have been properly trained in the first place, the company is still at fault. If HR has any wiggle room to arrange a package, whether due to these incidents or other grounds, perhaps they would still do it.  Especially if you're up front that the managers improved, and you appreciate that HR did a good job fixing it, you're "asking only for whatever is actually within their professional discretion to arrange" or some such?

Non-disclosure agreement, perhaps?   I know, you can't say.   But that doesn't mean we can't guess!

Well played, Daisy.    Looking forward to welcoming you to FIREdom.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1809 on: September 21, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
Non-disclosure agreement, perhaps?   I know, you can't say.   But that doesn't mean we can't guess!

Well played, Daisy.    Looking forward to welcoming you to FIREdom.

I would never corroborate such a crazy suggestion.

But I do welcome guesses. But I am not going to confirm or deny anything.

okits

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1810 on: September 21, 2017, 08:24:10 PM »

We may or may not be thrilled for you.  :) Go, Daisy!

Playing with Fire UK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1811 on: September 22, 2017, 01:30:16 AM »
I'm gonna say it: I'm definitely thrilled.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1812 on: September 22, 2017, 07:29:38 AM »
Glad to hear it Daisy!  Well deserved! :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1813 on: September 22, 2017, 07:39:44 AM »
I take the last Friday of every month off. It's amazing what 12 additional three day weekends will do for your mindset. They said unlimited...

That's a good idea, I might just adopt that.  I might also try to bail out early the other 3 fridays also.

2 one-week vacations = 10 days
12 month ending fridays = 12 days
40 other fridays (leave 2 hours early) = 10 days

for a total of 32 days.  That might be pushing it a little.  I'll see if I can get my work done with these new vacation days.  I could always make up extra time during the week if we are busy so I won't actually be taking more vacation, just time shifting the last 2 hours of my friday earlier into the week.

My wife was in a car accident on saturday and the car is totalled, so we've been dealing with insurance and replacing her car all week.  I've only been at work 16 hours so far this week, and half of that has been spent either dealing with the insurance or researching replacement cars.  Not sure exactly how I'm going to record this on my time sheets, but my bosses aren't giving me any shit about it yet. I'm still taking 3 weeks paternity in 2-4 weeks.

EDIT: I accidentally a sentence.  And yes her and the baby are fine. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:23:15 AM by frugalnacho »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1814 on: September 22, 2017, 08:06:26 AM »
Yikes! Hope she and the baby are okay, FN!
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with two kids.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #1815 on: September 22, 2017, 08:33:51 AM »

The problem is that people can be influenced by things subconsciously.  An adult relative will start getting really argumentative and upset with everyone whenever he is short on sleep.
"[Relative], you're tired!  Stop arguing with people and go take a nap!"
"I'm not tired!  You're just wrong about [some stupid thing]!"
...but then he's back to normal once he's had a nap.

At OldJob, we always made a point of feeding the external auditors well and giving them as much decent coffee as they wanted.

Daisy, congratulations on whatever you may or may not have arranged or negotiated!

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1816 on: September 22, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »

I think you accidentallied a word now, too.

Wallet

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1817 on: September 22, 2017, 08:59:16 AM »
PTF

This thread is a beacon of inspiration to me - being able to stand up for what you believe in without fear of the consequences is the biggest reason to get to FU money status as soon as possible for cube dwellers.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1818 on: September 22, 2017, 09:01:19 AM »

I think you accidentallied a word now, too.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1819 on: September 22, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1820 on: September 22, 2017, 09:13:32 AM »
You guys are hill airy ass.

mm1970

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1821 on: September 22, 2017, 09:43:10 AM »

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1822 on: September 22, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »

The problem is that people can be influenced by things subconsciously.  An adult relative will start getting really argumentative and upset with everyone whenever he is short on sleep.

At OldJob, we always made a point of feeding the external auditors well and giving them as much decent coffee as they wanted.

Daisy, congratulations on whatever you may or may not have arranged or negotiated!

With the auditors/examiners/whomever, it is a fine line. Take care of them with good coffee, a big room, be very friendly, do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it, etc. But you don't want them to be too comfortable--don't give them the best chairs, try to keep them in a room without a window--things that will subconsciously make them want to get out of there, but aren't blatant.

I saw some analysis, the longer time that an auditor (broad term there) spent at a place, the more issues that were written up. The biggest predictor that an auditor would spend more time in a place? The location itself. For instance, a pharmaceutical plant in Nebraska has less scrutiny than one in San Diego or Chicago. Nobody from the FDA wants to hang out in Lincoln Nebraska; they want to get in and get out. But if they're in Chicago or San Diego (or insert place with reasonable tourism), then they'll extend their trip and find reasons to stay a little longer. "Yeah, I think I'll have to wrap this up on Tuesday instead of Friday; I'll have to stay the weekend--might as well take a trip to Tijuana!"

okits

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1823 on: September 22, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »
I take the last Friday of every month off. It's amazing what 12 additional three day weekends will do for your mindset. They said unlimited...

That's a good idea, I might just adopt that.  I might also try to bail out early the other 3 fridays also.

2 one-week vacations = 10 days
12 month ending fridays = 12 days
40 other fridays (leave 2 hours early) = 10 days

for a total of 32 days.  That might be pushing it a little.  I'll see if I can get my work done with these new vacation days.  I could always make up extra time during the week if we are busy so I won't actually be taking more vacation, just time shifting the last 2 hours of my friday earlier into the week.

My wife was in a car accident on saturday and the car is totalled, so we've been dealing with insurance and replacing her car all week.  I've only been at work 16 hours so far this week, and half of that has been spent either dealing with the insurance or researching replacement cars.  Not sure exactly how I'm going to record this on my time sheets, but my bosses aren't giving me any shit about it yet. I'm still taking 3 weeks paternity in 2-4 weeks.

I'm glad wife and baby are okay, and that work is being understanding, so far.

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1824 on: September 22, 2017, 01:59:09 PM »

With the auditors/examiners/whomever, it is a fine line. Take care of them with good coffee, a big room, be very friendly, do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it, etc. But you don't want them to be too comfortable--don't give them the best chairs, try to keep them in a room without a window--things that will subconsciously make them want to get out of there, but aren't blatant.

I saw some analysis, the longer time that an auditor (broad term there) spent at a place, the more issues that were written up. The biggest predictor that an auditor would spend more time in a place? The location itself. For instance, a pharmaceutical plant in Nebraska has less scrutiny than one in San Diego or Chicago. Nobody from the FDA wants to hang out in Lincoln Nebraska; they want to get in and get out. But if they're in Chicago or San Diego (or insert place with reasonable tourism), then they'll extend their trip and find reasons to stay a little longer. "Yeah, I think I'll have to wrap this up on Tuesday instead of Friday; I'll have to stay the weekend--might as well take a trip to Tijuana!"

From experience:
Yes and no, and it entirely depends on the auditor. Some of them really want to go home, so they don't care about the location (I am one of those). Others will try to extend the time in nicer areas. I'm a weirdo, so overall the ones that will try to stay longer in the nice areas outnumber those like me. I want the decent setup, but I also want all the documents, right, organized, on time (early is good). Just so I can go home.

However, I freely admit that I have crabby tendencies. (Which sometimes show up online.) And I hate traveling for work. Not really a people person either.

GettingClose

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1825 on: September 22, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »
This isn't exactly an FU money story, but several months ago our CEO told me that they had "squeezed out" a $5k raise for me.  This would have put me into the position where I was earning just a bit more than 3x the salary of the newest person on my team.

My husband and I have a good annual income (probably 8x what we actually spend, not counting taxes), no debt, and savings such that he is just on point of FIREing.   $5000 * 60% (amount after taxes) is going to make basically no difference at all.  Told the CEO to gave the raise to New Guy instead.  It felt great, and still feels great, especially since no one else knows about it.

Even 5 years ago this would have been inconceivable.

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #1826 on: September 22, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
This isn't exactly an FU money story, but several months ago our CEO told me that they had "squeezed out" a $5k raise for me.  This would have put me into the position where I was earning just a bit more than 3x the salary of the newest person on my team.

My husband and I have a good annual income (probably 8x what we actually spend, not counting taxes), no debt, and savings such that he is just on point of FIREing.   $5000 * 60% (amount after taxes) is going to make basically no difference at all.  Told the CEO to gave the raise to New Guy instead.  It felt great, and still feels great, especially since no one else knows about it.

Wow. That is incredibly generous of you.

SwordGuy

• Magnum Stache
    • Flipping Fayetteville
« Reply #1827 on: September 22, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »

Yeah for you!

markbike528CBX

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1828 on: September 22, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »
....they "squeezed out" a $5k raise for me.   ......
that phrase reminds me of a biological function.   see also " Don't step in the management" Dilbert book.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1829 on: September 22, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »

Surely you jest.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1830 on: September 22, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »

Surely you jest.

Not at all!

You stood up and said something when people were treating you unfairly due to the disability, doing the right thing not only for yourself, but anyone else who might be at that company presently or later.

You got a buy out for it, which is deserved, and that put you over the top to FIRE with your savings, which you had earned and deserved. Thus FIRE.  Well done!  :)

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1831 on: September 22, 2017, 09:59:21 PM »

Surely you jest.

Not at all!

You stood up and said something when people were treating you unfairly due to the disability, doing the right thing not only for yourself, but anyone else who might be at that company presently or later.

You got a buy out for it, which is deserved, and that put you over the top to FIRE with your savings, which you had earned and deserved. Thus FIRE.  Well done!  :)

I will neither confirm nor deny any of the details of your post.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:05:36 PM by Daisy »

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1832 on: September 23, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »

Well done! How did the CEO react?

Secretly Saving

• Bristles
« Reply #1833 on: September 23, 2017, 12:12:52 PM »
I was wondering this too!

crispy

• Bristles
« Reply #1834 on: September 23, 2017, 12:55:01 PM »
 Congrats, Daisy!

retireatbirth

• Bristles
« Reply #1835 on: September 23, 2017, 08:13:39 PM »
Just realized I had a mini FU a few weeks back. I had my mid year and since I hate my job and am contemplating just quitting, I took the time to complain about my job and demand changes within a few months. No shouting and I kept it professional. Things have improved a bit and boss is trying to make me happy now, but I know there's not much that could convince me to stay long anyways. I'm feeling empowered to be this blunt in all future reviews though as my finances will only keep putting ne in stronger and stronger position.

shelivesthedream

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1836 on: September 24, 2017, 03:22:17 AM »

That's amazing. You are such a thoughtful, generous person. What did the CEO say, though??

GettingClose

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1837 on: September 26, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »

That's amazing. You are such a thoughtful, generous person. What did the CEO say, though??

Basically, "Wow - but it's your team, so ...."

I was trying to convey that this wasn't that generous an action  - New Guy was buying a house and had a combined household income of probably $70k.  Also, I have some opinions about fairness/equality in compensation, and it would have probably cost me considerably in the area of guilt (difficult to monetize) to have someone working the same hours as me for less than 1/3 the pay. It's my personal cutoff for whatever reason - I can justify 3x the salary due to my greater education, experience, innate ability, whatever - but not more than that.  Need to put my money where my mouth is to feel OK about myself.  I hope this makes sense.

nawhite

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Reckless Choice
« Reply #1838 on: September 26, 2017, 01:17:47 PM »

I was trying to convey that this wasn't that generous an action  - New Guy was buying a house and had a combined household income of probably $70k.  Also, I have some opinions about fairness/equality in compensation, and it would have probably cost me considerably in the area of guilt (difficult to monetize) to have someone working the same hours as me for less than 1/3 the pay. It's my personal cutoff for whatever reason - I can justify 3x the salary due to my greater education, experience, innate ability, whatever - but not more than that.  Need to put my money where my mouth is to feel OK about myself.  I hope this makes sense.

Not downplaying this at all, I'm impressed you donated your money to some other cause, but just curious why you see that guy as more deserving of your money than people in other countries who don't make 1/3rd what you do but 1/3000th? ~20% of the worlds population makes less than $1/day. Sure you don't need it, but if you're going to donate your money to a charity, I think you should do it purposely in a way that best matches with your values rather than to some guy at work you feel bad for.

GettingClose

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1839 on: September 26, 2017, 01:32:14 PM »

Not downplaying this at all, I'm impressed you donated your money to some other cause, but just curious why you see that guy as more deserving of your money than people in other countries who don't make 1/3rd what you do but 1/3000th? ~20% of the worlds population makes less than $1/day. Sure you don't need it, but if you're going to donate your money to a charity, I think you should do it purposely in a way that best matches with your values rather than to some guy at work you feel bad for.

a) "charity starts at home" principle
b) I make other donations - but (despite the wording of point "a") there's a difference between charity and justice.  Can't articulate it very well; need to think more first. 
c) I work for a single company and have a single team, and this was my single chance to address income inequality in a meaningful way.  This particular instance had a name and a face, and rightly or wrongly, that matters.

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1840 on: September 26, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
It's not wrong. It matters. Gotta say, that other comment made my blood boil.

Charity begins at home, indeed.

shelivesthedream

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1841 on: September 27, 2017, 12:47:52 AM »
Yup - seems like you acted exactly in line with your values regarding income inequality. And hopefully in a way that will make a long-term difference to the organisation. Good on you.

nawhite

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Reckless Choice
« Reply #1842 on: September 27, 2017, 06:56:42 AM »
I want to continue this discussion about giving styles but I don't want to derail this thread so I broke it out into another thread at https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/welcome-to-the-forum/'charity-starts-at-home'-vs-givewell-philosophy/ Please comment there instead so we don't derail this amazing thread.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:00:34 AM by nawhite »

Taran Wanderer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1843 on: September 27, 2017, 10:22:47 AM »
Wait, you gave five thousand dollars a year to your employee and now you are suggesting we take our comments to another thread so we don't derail this one? I think you're going overboard on this thoughtfulness thing. Rein it in!

/sarcasm

My real comment:  Bravo!

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1844 on: September 27, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »
Wait, you gave five thousand dollars a year to your employee and now you are suggesting we take our comments to another thread so we don't derail this one? I think you're going overboard on this thoughtfulness thing. Rein it in!

/sarcasm

My real comment:  Bravo!
Different person gave the $5K raise to an employee from the one who wanted to discuss giving strategies, and was polite enough to open a new thread for that purpose.  Bravo to both of them!

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1845 on: September 29, 2017, 06:54:08 AM »
My wife works for a large, multi-industry corporation. They are re-jiggering how they track work hours, so my wife--who currently works 32 hours a week--asked me whether our family was better off with her at 35 or 30 (I think they're going to want her to supply the same amount of time each day).

I gulped, then told her 30. The mustachian muscles are a little weak (we have a Disney habit that we cannot seem to kick), but we've managed to save more than $0.8 million in various investments. Losing 7% of her hours is not nothing, but I couldn't justify asking her to work more with us this far along.

Livingthedream55

• Bristles
« Reply #1846 on: September 29, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »
My wife works for a large, multi-industry corporation. They are re-jiggering how they track work hours, so my wife--who currently works 32 hours a week--asked me whether our family was better off with her at 35 or 30 (I think they're going to want her to supply the same amount of time each day).

I gulped, then told her 30. The mustachian muscles are a little weak (we have a Disney habit that we cannot seem to kick), but we've managed to save more than $0.8 million in various investments. Losing 7% of her hours is not nothing, but I couldn't justify asking her to work more with us this far along.

Sweet!  Great choice!!   

FYI - there are ways to do Disney for less (lots of blogs about doing Disney on a budget) so you can challenge yourself to try to still have what brings your family joy for less money. Case in point - I have brought my kids to Disney a few times and the one they have the happiest memories of is the time we stayed off site at a Holiday Inn that had these cheesy character decorated rooms and bunk beds and kid karaoke in the lounge. They don't even remember the time I splurged on a hotel within the park system!  : 0 )

GettingClose

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1847 on: September 29, 2017, 11:24:44 AM »

That's really great - congratulations!

JustGettingStarted1980

• Bristles
« Reply #1848 on: September 29, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »

/sarcasm

You don't Derail a Thread, you Unravel It (right?!)

Taran Wanderer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1849 on: September 29, 2017, 10:54:58 PM »
Different person gave the $5K raise to an employee from the one who wanted to discuss giving strategies, and was polite enough to open a new thread for that purpose.  Bravo to both of them!

Oops, that's what I get for zooming in and not looking at the usernames. Thanks for the correction.