Author Topic: Epic FU money stories  (Read 2794870 times)

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
Re: Epic FU money stories
« Reply #1200 on: August 28, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »
...Epic story about Felicia...

The only thing that would have made it better is if you had fired back some southern sass at her 'dear'ing you. A little "oh, sweetie, bless your heart, but I think I can afford to quit. Toodle ooh" said in a way that sounds sweet, but really tells her ' go F yourself PEACE OUT!'

Beautiful! Although I would have ended it with "Bye Felicia" as I was walking out the door, but that's just me.

I know it was something like 10 pages ago, but I can't resist...

never too late for this. :D

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1201 on: August 28, 2016, 04:41:22 PM »
Bad
Ass
Mother
Fussbudget

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #1202 on: August 28, 2016, 04:50:28 PM »
Bad
Ass
Mother
Fussbudget

I am now imagining a wallet that says that...

WackyTomato

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1203 on: August 29, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »
Asshole manager got shit canned right after he fired me because he didn't hire the right people to replace me (the jobs I left behind were political candy to be handed out by the governor's office to faithful helpers as it turns out).

This is pretty standard in the political field... And the corporate sector as well.  Unfortunately.

Humans gonna humans.

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #1204 on: August 30, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »
These Asshair stories make me sad.  They aren't really "FU" stories, ya know?  I mean I love to read them and that you survived, but the bad Asshairs did too...
Agreed.  EVERYONE has some amount of Asshair in their lives. Fortunately I no longer abide Asshair in my work life - thank you FU money!  I humbly beg everyone's pardon - these seem like 'honorable mentions' next to some of your stories.  I'm not a vindictive person - live and let live, I say.  But this seemed like a good forum to 'vilify them thru literature' (Jeffrey Chaucer, "First Knight"). 
I only have one (1x) "truly Epic" FU Money story - with Asshair#4. 

Begging everyone's indulgence - next Asshair... Monday?

Hey, it's Tuesday, where is my asshair?

I feel like we've just stumbled upon the tagline for a new line of anal Nair product.

Aaaaaand. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

bittheory

• Stubble
« Reply #1205 on: August 30, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »
I have absolutely no fear in scheduling impromptu “meetings” with my bosses when I’m not happy at work. I’ve negotiated raises and vacation time with little to no pushback. One reason is because I’m pretty adept at my job. The other is the inherent psychological confidence that comes with FU money.

My epic “FU” story will occur in about 475 days from today. Not really an “FU” since I love my job and boss, but my FU money will make this conversation possible. Here’s how I see it going down.

ME: (Hands boss resignation letter). I wanted to give you a month notice in person and tell you how much I’ve loved working here, but it’s time for me to do something new.

HIM: Something new? What do you mean?

ME: I am moving to Central America with my wife and kids for a year. We’re going to live a simple life by the beach.

HIM: What the? How is that even possible?

ME: Have you noticed how I bring lunch to work almost every day, ride my bike to work twice a week and have been driving the same economy car since I started working here? That’s the tip of the iceberg of how I’m doing this.

momcpa

• Stubble
« Reply #1206 on: August 30, 2016, 02:42:17 PM »
I like that conversation with the boss.  Maybe he's noticed you doing those things, but now he will actually SEE the power in doing just that.   Good luck.

Exhale

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1207 on: August 30, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »
Asshair#2 is a combo-creature of someone I'll call Agnes - my group's test manager - and a 300lb silverback diesel-dike test-lead I'll call Luna.

Why is that relevant? Also, the term is "dyke" unless your talking about a geographical feature.

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1208 on: August 31, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »
Asshair#2 is a combo-creature of someone I'll call Agnes - my group's test manager - and a 300lb silverback diesel-dike test-lead I'll call Luna.

Why is that relevant? Also, the term is "dyke" unless your talking about a geographical feature.

That bothered me as well.

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #1209 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »
I've posted a few mild FU stories... I have a feeling my best one is coming soon.

Our factory (small agriculture manufacturing facility, part of a huge global brand) just got the news that they're moving 60% of our product to Brazil, and laying off 100+ people, including 20 salaried folks (some of which have been here for over 25 years) and 20% of our wage workers (of which I am one).

Absolutely everybody is freaking out about it. Except me.
We have to go through routine performance reviews, of which I always give canned answers. Cause I Just don't give a crap.

Last week, my boss (who should have been laid off) was asking me about where I wanted to go in the company, and why our department got bad reviews for development/promotion opportunities.

He says "Well, what's your plan with the company?"
I said "I'd be perfectly happy sitting at home, writing novels for a living. I know I'm not ever going to get a promotion, because Dave killed himself going to night school to get a degree, and he gets dumped on and passed over for everything. You think I'd have a chance? Not even interested."

I'll keep the faithful Mustachians updated on my FU progress if/when it goes down.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1210 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »
Not sure what role, if any, FU money played in this guy's resignation (he had another job lined up), but it is an epic resignation letter:

https://troylaraviere.net/2016/08/30/dear-mayor-emanuel-i-resign-my-position-as-principal-of-the-1-rated-neighborhood-school-in-chicago/
Wow, that was pretty intense.

momcpa

• Stubble
« Reply #1211 on: August 31, 2016, 10:06:51 AM »
Funkystickman..........can you share which company this is?  I work for a very small ag company and while there's really no chance of them moving our product to Mexico, it's interesting to me to see more and more of what you are saying.  The farmers are going to be at the mercy of the industry GIANTS for fertilizer, seed, etc.

And yes, please post any updates.   Thanks.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1212 on: August 31, 2016, 10:17:26 AM »

I saw that and thought it was some random car-speak that I didn't understand.

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #1213 on: August 31, 2016, 10:49:52 AM »
Funkystickman..........can you share which company this is?  I work for a very small ag company and while there's really no chance of them moving our product to Mexico, it's interesting to me to see more and more of what you are saying.  The farmers are going to be at the mercy of the industry GIANTS for fertilizer, seed, etc.

And yes, please post any updates.   Thanks.

I may at some point. There are other Mustachians here who work for the same company, and have similar stories. As far as mega-corps go they're pretty decent, but then you see stuff like this and you just have to shake your head. You can DM me if you really want to know, but... it's not that important. It's happening everywhere. Our factory manager smartly retired the week before all this was announced. He knew it was coming.

We've been told all the wage employees will be offered a "Voluntary Separation Package." But we have to go to HR and request it... they're not going to just mail it to everyone. And you can rest assured they're watching who goes to HR and asks. They will be the first ones considered to be cut, once the deadline for voluntary quitting passes.

So do you preemptively take the package, risk going to HR and asking (and possibly get cut anyway without the package), or just pray they don't notice you?

[MOD EDIT: Redacted part about "article" and removed attached picture.]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:20:39 PM by arebelspy »

Hvillian

• Stubble
« Reply #1214 on: August 31, 2016, 10:59:14 AM »
@FunkyStickman - FYI - [REDACTED].   Good luck with everything.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:24:56 AM by Hvillian »

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #1215 on: August 31, 2016, 11:03:04 AM »
@FunkyStickman - FYI - That picture is enough to figure out the company.  I have no interest or industry knowledge, but would take it down if you really don't want the company to be identifiable.   Good luck with everything.

I'm not that worried about it... I have "FU" money in the bank. ;)

crispy

« Reply #1216 on: August 31, 2016, 11:09:39 AM »
Not sure what role, if any, FU money played in this guy's resignation (he had another job lined up), but it is an epic resignation letter:

https://troylaraviere.net/2016/08/30/dear-mayor-emanuel-i-resign-my-position-as-principal-of-the-1-rated-neighborhood-school-in-chicago/

That was a thing of beauty!  Wow!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:45:06 AM by crispy »

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1217 on: August 31, 2016, 11:38:53 AM »
Funky, you may want to remove that photo. About 5 minutes of Google netted the likely company you work for and location you work at... Or at least block out the ranking.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1218 on: August 31, 2016, 11:39:55 AM »
So do you preemptively take the package, risk going to HR and asking (and possibly get cut anyway without the package), or just pray they don't notice you?

I would think if you volunteer to be cut (with the package they're claiming to offer), they turn you down, then cut you without the package, that would be grounds for a lawsuit of some sort.

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
« Reply #1219 on: August 31, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »
This is kind of an FU story gone bad...

A driver that worked for our company ended his shift for the day as I gave him his start time for the following day. He said "nope I ain't coming in, I quit! I found a better job that pays $3 more per hour". It was frustrating on my part because I had planned the next days deliveries on him being here. But wasn't that bad because on the side I had gone out to get my Commercial license just in case things ever got crazy and they needed me to fill in and drive.

Next day came around and my value added was praised as things went smoothly and it ended up with me getting a raise shortly after.

Three weeks later this driver came back to the office asking if he could have his job back because the new company he moved to was only working him 20 hours per week instead of the 50 that is standard for us (so much for that extra $3/hr). If he had given us two weeks notice we most likely would have hired him back on, but he burned his bridge so we said no.

Northwestie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1220 on: August 31, 2016, 11:53:45 AM »
@FunkyStickman - FYI - That picture is enough to figure out the company.  I have no interest or industry knowledge, but would take it down if you really don't want the company to be identifiable.   Good luck with everything.

:) Best of luck - keep us posted!!

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1221 on: August 31, 2016, 12:06:08 PM »

I don't think I'd want to spend my FU money on potentially getting sued, though.  I'd check your employment Ks to see what you're allowed to reveal publicly and what the results are of violation.  I bet it's very strongly drafted in their favor.

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #1222 on: August 31, 2016, 12:20:36 PM »
Funky, you may want to remove that photo. About 5 minutes of Google netted the likely company you work for and location you work at... Or at least block out the ranking.

Crap.. I don't see the option to remove it.

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #1223 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:01 PM »
Couldn't see a way to remove the attachment, just deleted the post.

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1224 on: August 31, 2016, 01:42:27 PM »
Posting to follow... 

Also, I've got a good story baking as I type this.  Once the dust settles I will post up the results.  :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1225 on: August 31, 2016, 04:23:08 PM »

I got you.

Feel free to go back and edit anything else you want, but I think that's all the identifying stuff.  Left the question about take the package now vs. try to stay.

I'd take the package.  ;)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

FunkyStickman

• Pencil Stache
    • Living Outside the Box
« Reply #1226 on: August 31, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »

I got you.

Feel free to go back and edit anything else you want, but I think that's all the identifying stuff.  Left the question about take the package now vs. try to stay.

I'd take the package.  ;)

Dude, thanks, I owe you one.

And yes, I'm seriously considering it, especially if I get demoted back to working on the factory floor assembling machines.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #1227 on: August 31, 2016, 06:38:01 PM »
I worked for a food giant that offered a "go away" package a few years ago.  I haven't regretted taking it for a second!

Exhale

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1228 on: August 31, 2016, 07:00:19 PM »

No, it isn't car speak. It's a homophobic insult and, given the "300lb" comment, a fat phobic slur as well. Notice that the OP didn't comment on the sexuality or weight of any of the other managers, only the one assumed to be a masculine lesbian and considered to weigh 300 lbs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:02:05 PM by Exhale »

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1229 on: August 31, 2016, 08:50:00 PM »
It's a homophobic insult
Not anymore, the US Patent and Trademark Office ruled that it isn't offensive
http://www.nclrights.org/press-room/press-release/trademark-office-says-yes-to-dykes-on-bikes/

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1230 on: September 01, 2016, 08:39:11 AM »
My dads company was bought out about 1.5 years ago. After finding out what the buying company usually did for the severence package of purchased company's, he was really kinda hoping to get cut--it was 1 week pay for every year you had been at the company. He'd effectively been at the company for 28 years.

Alas, he didn't get the buyout. His manager told him he was nuts if he thought they were going to let him go, "you're too valuable".

PhrugalPhan

• Bristles
« Reply #1231 on: September 01, 2016, 09:15:24 AM »
Alas, he didn't get the buyout. His manager told him he was nuts if he thought they were going to let him go, "you're too valuable".
When you're that close to retirement anyway, if I was told that I would start considering ways to become less "valuable".

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1232 on: September 01, 2016, 09:19:12 AM »
When you're that close to retirement anyway, if I was told that I would start considering ways to become less "valuable".

Bonus incentives would make that a pointless exercise.

He definitely has started going in later, leaving earlier, and working from home on Fridays.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1233 on: September 01, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »

No, it isn't car speak. It's a homophobic insult and, given the "300lb" comment, a fat phobic slur as well. Notice that the OP didn't comment on the sexuality or weight of any of the other managers, only the one assumed to be a masculine lesbian and considered to weigh 300 lbs.
Well then that's horrible.  One of my best friends is a lesbian and overweight (though not 300 lb).  I guess I assume most people are beyond insults of this kind.  I should know better.

(The word "diesel" threw me off.)

Mother Fussbudget

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1234 on: September 01, 2016, 03:08:30 PM »
Asshair#2 is a combo-creature of someone I'll call Agnes - my group's test manager - and a {redacted} test-lead I'll call Luna.

Apologies all around.  It bothered me more than anyone, and was poor attempt to be descriptive, and instead came off as offensive.  I've updated the OP to indicate the effect of the behavior - this Asshair's unwavering vehement and consistent prejudice against men (misandrist).  It was a large factor, but one I could not address, mention, or even acknowledge within the office political environment without giving the perception of being a white-male misogynist insensitive anti-feminist.  (Hopefully none of which could ever be used to validly describe *this* Mother Fussbudget)

I've updated original post, but it would require a MOD to edit quotes by others
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:34:32 PM by Mother Fussbudget »

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1235 on: September 01, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »
Asshair#2 is a combo-creature of someone I'll call Agnes - my group's test manager - and a {redacted} test-lead I'll call Luna.

Apologies all around.  It bothered me more than anyone, and was poor attempt to be descriptive, and instead came off as offensive.  I've updated the OP to indicate the effect of the behavior - this Asshair's unwavering vehement and consistent prejudice against men (misandrist).  It was a large factor, but one I could not address, mention, or even acknowledge within the office political environment without giving the perception of being a white-male misogynist insensitive anti-feminist.  (Hopefully none of which could ever be used to validly describe *this* Mother Fussbudget)

I've updated original post, but it would require a MOD to edit quotes by others
Thanks for the follow-up and apology. Gold. Star.

Mother Fussbudget

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1236 on: September 01, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »
As for "Asshair #3"... the big internal debate has been:  Should I admit to this, or does it qualify as the biggest "Anti-Mustachian Hall Of Shame" post to date?  Not a boss...  not even someone I worked with.  Someone who sought me out, and who I was vulnerable to due to having FU money.  But the FU money I'm talking about was the kind that made me doubt whether I was capable of handling the large amounts involved, and whether my DIY investing philosophy of "invest in what you know, and what let's you sleep at night" was still a wise game plan.   A cautionary tale to say the least.  Could others learn from it?

In hindsight, I should have listened to myself, and NOT hired a "Financial Advisor", and I caution others against the same.  If you have a game plan that's working - STICK WITH IT.  Don't convince yourself that you need outside advice just because your account goes over an arbitrary amount where you're paying more than your current FI number just to pay the TAXES.  so... here, or anti-mustachian wall of shame?

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1237 on: September 01, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »
As for "Asshair #3"...

so... here, or anti-mustachian wall of shame?

I vote here, since it keeps the series together, even if the story itself would be more appropriate over there.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1238 on: September 02, 2016, 03:22:30 AM »
I've posted a few mild FU stories... I have a feeling my best one is coming soon.

Our factory (small agriculture manufacturing facility, part of a huge global brand) just got the news that they're moving 60% of our product to Brazil, and laying off 100+ people, including 20 salaried folks (some of which have been here for over 25 years) and 20% of our wage workers (of which I am one).

Absolutely everybody is freaking out about it. Except me.
We have to go through routine performance reviews, of which I always give canned answers. Cause I Just don't give a crap.

Last week, my boss (who should have been laid off) was asking me about where I wanted to go in the company, and why our department got bad reviews for development/promotion opportunities.

He says "Well, what's your plan with the company?"
I said "I'd be perfectly happy sitting at home, writing novels for a living. I know I'm not ever going to get a promotion, because Dave killed himself going to night school to get a degree, and he gets dumped on and passed over for everything. You think I'd have a chance? Not even interested."

I'll keep the faithful Mustachians updated on my FU progress if/when it goes down.

Substitute "office" for factory and "Philippines or India" for Brazil, and that's my situation, except I'm definitely getting laid off.  Or, as I like to think of it, set free.  :D

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1239 on: September 02, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »
Substitute "office" for factory and "Philippines or India" for Brazil, and that's my situation, except I'm definitely getting laid off.  Or, as I like to think of it, set free.  :D

Congratulations!

(Only in this forum could I say that)

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1240 on: September 02, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
Hi,

Not an epic story but personally satisfying.

I find my work very rewarding (challenging, meaningful, like my coworkers, still learning, generally fascinating what happens during surgery). However the long shifts, lots of "on call"time and very limited vacation time plus having to "ask" for permission to take time off got old fast. So for a few months I asked about going part time. We're short staffed so kept getting the response of "we're not cutting anyone's hours, let's talk again when we have more people."

Finally I said F... it and gave notice saying on xx date, I'm resigning my full time position but would like to continue on a per diem basis. They went with it (see part about being short staffed). It's been marvelous, minimal required shifts but can basically sign up for as many as I want, no call requirements and I tell them my availability, not ask when I can take off. So much more control over my schedule but still get to do work I really enjoy (when I want to be there).

Being FI and not needing the pay or the benefits made it a much easier call.  I wish that position of power for everyone.

Cheers

Kudos to you.  I see this all the time in the healthcare industry.  Often times going per diem also give you a higher pay since the company is not providing benefits anymore.  This works great if the spouse has good benefits at their job.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1241 on: September 04, 2016, 11:57:26 AM »

Congratulations!

(Only in this forum could I say that)

And only in this forum could I write that!  My forty-some-odd soon-to-be-former coworkers are pretty much all OH SHIT while this is the only place I can go WOO HOO!

thriftyc

• Bristles
« Reply #1242 on: September 04, 2016, 06:01:15 PM »
Got laid off last year from a job that I enjoyed - after a few months found another job that I thought that I was going enjoy. Ended up being micromanaged - hated it and quit after 6 weeks.  Just went into my managers office and said "I am done" - interesting look on his face.

fredbear

• Stubble
« Reply #1243 on: September 05, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »
This being said, I have never seen a story about using that FU money. Please, share your stories!!

I guess this is my story, but it could not have been as satisfactory without my former supervisor.  To set the stage, what turned out to be my final job was publishing, and all of the books required a CD and a website. This extra, non-paper stuff was the responsibility of the technology managers.  We all worked for one woman, and we were arranged by discipline: psychology, statistics, Spanish, sociology, advanced math, English, etc.  I was kind of a mule - when anyone quit or took maternity leave or there was an organizational change, I got that discipline until it was straightened out, so there was not a time during the last 3 years when I wasn't doing 3 jobs, and sometimes up to 5.  Like all the others, I really liked working for her.  She was clear with us, was technically sharp, instituted smart reporting techniques, respected us, backed us.  A manager.  On the other hand, I was a sort of Ur-mustachian, and had built up more than just FU money by then, though I had never thought about it in that way.  One saved.  One invested.  It was a thing which was done.  Thank you Jim Collins and James Clavell, for the concept.

It came to pass that some of the editresses decided to get her moved out, and pulled it off just before one of our weekly conference calls.  Not good.  She told us about her job shift (basically, into the rubber room), and began to sob.  All of us who reported to her were stunned.  What would happen without her?  It had occurred, I think, because the VP was one of those men - we are legion - who are afraid of women.  The editresses mobbed him, forcing her out.  One of them because our new manager.

The new supervisor shamed me publicly and I called my old supervisor to ask if the new one was hunting my head.  She said, "Yes.  At least to the extent that she announced she was after you at a staff meeting."  So I asked her to take a message up, and she agreed.

"I'm going to quit.  Not negotiable.  Negotiable: they can have a good transition, or a bad one." 

"Good transition?"

"I train my successors in each discipline.  I keep all the projects for my disciplines going - attend the kick-off meetings, start the projects for the newest books, keep the others up to their milestones, come in on time with the ones due to publish, stay around as long as they want and do as much as they want, until they are ready to replace me.  And they pay me severance."

"Right.  Severance.  Now.  Bad transition?"

"I take the three weeks of vacation I'm owed, and when I come back, they get a CD-ROM of work records." 

"I'll see the VP and get back to you."

He took the good transition.  And she also told me, "If you need any testimony, let me know."  I didn't know what she meant until I looked into unemployment and found there is a category called "unreasonable supervision."  If the company contests paying it you can present evidence that unreasonable supervision was used to force you out, which is a form of involuntary termination and therefore covered by unemployment.  (They didn't contest it.)

I had a meeting with K, the only really smart HR person I ever worked with.  I liked her, but it was one of those elective disaffinities Emerson didn't write about: I never sensed she could stand me.  At the meeting she was pissy.  Finally I said, "K, you're pissy.  Want to tell me what's wrong here?"

"Well, you quit.  You quit!  And we're paying you severance.  We never do that.  I've never heard of that."

I told her, "As I see it, there are two ways of looking at this.  The first is that the company and I both saw this situation as adults committed to getting the work done as smoothly as possible, without stoppages or getting books bumped out of the print queue,  while getting new people on line.  Ordinary flow of business.  I was going to go, and we are making my going as smooth as we can."

"And the other way of looking at it?"

"It was a cheap act of corporate extortion and I pulled it off."   

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1244 on: September 05, 2016, 02:35:27 PM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the belly laugh!

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1245 on: September 05, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
Thanks for the good story fb!

aperture

• Bristles
« Reply #1246 on: September 05, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »
loved the story Fredbear - congrats on your elegant departure. -Aperture.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1247 on: September 05, 2016, 03:29:31 PM »

High five, fredbear!  What a treat to read on Labour Day.  I hope K respected the hell out of you after that honest discussion.  :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1248 on: September 05, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »

Well done!

And great writing. Enjoyed reading that.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

fredbear

• Stubble
« Reply #1249 on: September 05, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »
Enjoyed reading that.  :)

Thank you; I enjoyed living it.  I am ashamed to say there were too many times when I was young and stuck around to be abased, because I thought I would starve my small family if I stood up for my dignity. 

I think I have seen your username.  Were you on prospers.org?  Or the original prospers, before so many were undone, and cast into Outer Darkness?