Author Topic: Does KAYAK sometimes show flights you can purchase that don't exist?  (Read 2222 times)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
I'm trying to get someone in South America from Medellin to Valencia and it claims it has a ticket available for a much cheaper price than the other options it shows.

I've not purchased through Kayak before.  Is it possible I make this purchase and won't actually get a ticket when the time comes in a few days?

Also, are there other options you use for buying last minute flights domestically or in South America? 

GuitarBrian

• Bristles
Re: Does KAYAK sometimes show flights you can purchase that don't exist?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »
I have had good luck booking direct through Kayak/Vayama. The prices can be great. I got a record locator number and that was used to find the flight through the airline, just like any other agency booking.

The $273 is a great price! I'd jump on that.

Good luck!

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:08:54 PM »
I have had good luck booking direct through Kayak/Vayama. The prices can be great. I got a record locator number and that was used to find the flight through the airline, just like any other agency booking.

The $273 is a great price! I'd jump on that.

Good luck!

I don't see where I add a passport number.  Is that something you do after you've booked the ticket on Kayak or Vayama?

GuitarBrian

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 06:40:12 PM »
I was able to add my passport number directly through the airline (in my case Air Canada). But, you can fly without adding passport info, just check in at the airport...

Brian

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 06:09:47 PM »
Occasionally I click thru on kayak and something is no longer available but it's rare.

I will say that I no longer fully rely on kayak after a recent experience.  I recently checked a 3 way multi city trip and the flights I wanted were over 1800, the cheapest flights were over  1400 but had really bad connections.  I then put the same itinerary in expedia.com and ended up getting the flights I wanted for $1052

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!