Poll

Do you shop at Wal Mart?

Yes.
334 (56.1%)
No.
261 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 579

Author Topic: do you shop at walmart?  (Read 58397 times)

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
Re: do you shop at walmart?
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »
There is no Walmart within bicycle range of my house, so I don't shop there very often. When I drive to the warehouse store for groceries/gas/etc., I usually do not stop at Walmart on the way because most of their products are substandard quality and I'll just have to replace them again so it doesn't actually save me any money.

The only major item I own that I bought from Walmart is my bicycle, which I purchased for less than $100 off their website. They shipped it to my house for free and I put it together myself. I've been using that bicycle for about five years now. Top quality? Of course not. But five years and that many miles for less than $100? I am more than okay with that.

Cellista

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »
No I will not set foot in a Walmart. 

Qualifier: I once went in when I needed a bathroom REALLY badly. 

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2016, 04:24:47 PM »
I don't shop there regularly. Produce and meat are almost always more expensive than regular grocery stores. Only things really worth buying were milk, dry goods (TP, soap, etc.) And small electronics.

I specifically avoid Walmart after 3 pm and during holiday season.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2016, 04:57:10 PM »
Not very often but once in awhile when it is handy for specific items, etc.  In general I don't want to support them.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2016, 05:39:55 PM »
Sure, I shop occasionally at Walmart, but it comes in behind HEB, Costco and Amazon.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »
I do not shop at Walmart. There are several reasons. The first is that my experience has been that the quality of their products is poor compared to similarly priced items at other large retailers (e.g. Target).

Secondly, I actually don't live near a Walmart. I used to live in Texas and there was a Walmart every 3 feet or so, and at the time I could walk to Walmart with my kids in the stroller and get groceries every few days. Now that I am blessed to NOT live in Texas, the closest Walmart is a 30 minute drive or so away and in a not-so-nice area.

Thirdly, aside from quality - the appearance of the items is ugly. The clothing is ugly. The doormats are ugly. The housewares are ugly. Maybe this is actually good since it reduces the temptation for impulses purchases of "cute" stuff (e.g. at Target).

Fourth - it is just an unpleasant place to go. It always seems dirty and disorganized and depressing.

Lastly - I don't like the company and their employment practices and I would just as soon give my money to another business that seems less rotten in their operations.

Davids

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2016, 07:54:42 PM »
I shop at Target more often than Walmart but will hit up Walmart if needed.

DocMcStuffins

• Stubble
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2016, 08:03:39 PM »
Savings Catcher / Walmart App for Walmart is awesome. Not sure if you have them close.  Love other stores but with it, it scans your area for better deals and gives you a credit.  You scan your receipt and in 3 days it gives you a message if you saved any money which then goes to your balance (e-gift card or you could do a walmart credit card if you want).  Today, we had a 250 bill cut to 100.  Honestly, with how this works, I can't see shopping anywhere else.  Yes, we use costo also.

Alot of hate on here especially from people who don't shop at Walmart and if you don't shop there then you probably don't personally know people who work there........ Its just like McDonalds.  If you have the drive and show hardwork / skill, you will continually get promoted.  If you are someone with those capabilities, you could easily push yourself to >100K as a walmart employee over the course of 10 years after starting as a store clerk.  Same thing at McDonalds if you start as a french fry cook. 

JC Penny....."Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I'll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I'll give you a stock clerk."

human

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »
I don't get it, if you invest in VTI or pretty much any US index fund you invest in Wal-Mart Stores Inc. so why the indignation over their business practices? You do more to support them by investing in them then you do by buying cheap ass wipes from them.

edwardc

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2016, 08:54:51 PM »
I often shop at Walmart and I am quite satisfied with their services

human

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2016, 09:15:56 PM »
Still seems like big fat crocodile tears. How walmart how awful you are!! Thanks for the fat check though!!

gggggg

• Bristles
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2016, 10:19:54 PM »
I do. I'd rather not, but since I don't make a ton, and they are about the cheapest, I do. Grocery shop at Aldi and Walmart mostly. I do buy some walmart clothes (I don't buy expensive mall clothes). If I made 100k or so, I'd prob shop elsewhere. You certainly never know what you'll see there, people wise. I actually think their products generally hold up better than overrated Target.

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2016, 11:17:08 PM »
I hate shopping at Walmart. 

The lines take forever.  I would rather pay an extra 10 cents for my milk and save 20-30 minutes from standing in line.

I shop there for cheap practice ammunition though. 

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2016, 06:18:20 AM »
No, it's always crowded and busy. I'll go to Target if my (grown) kids want to shop there, but honestly, I don't have much that I need that I can't get at the thrift store or on amazon, which is just more convenient. I buy groceries at aldi and my neighborhood IGA, and sometimes Target or Giant Eagle for fancy stuff.

I do think that Target must have the absolutely most poorly made women's clothing in the world, though.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2016, 06:49:04 AM »
Yes.

They have the largest selection of local produce (on "farmer's market" days, many farmers stop at Walmart first, they get their pick, and then they drive over to the local market!); they have the best prices on most food, good prices on toiletries and paper products. Better pharmacy prices than anyone else.

I don't buy clothes there.

Have to say I'm in complete agreement with the bizarreness of "I'd never go to Walmart, I only shop at Target!" people. They are one in the same, IMO.  But maybe I have an exceptionally clean Walmart.  I won't go to Kohl's, for instance- the racks are so crowded it stresses me out.

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2016, 07:07:43 AM »
One thing I'd like to point out for people who say Walmart clothes are garbage is that my parents gave me a couple pairs of Walmart's Faded Glory brand jean shorts, which I now use while doing summertime gardening/outdoor chores. These shorts have really held up over time. I've been using them for about six years so far and they are basically as good as new. So if you find some at the thrift shop, you might want to pick them up for a dollar or whatever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2016, 07:59:05 AM »
After many years (12+) of not going there because I didn't like their business practices, I find myself now going there several times a year.  They are the only big box store close to me.  Costco is 20 miles away, Target is 58 miles, and Walmart is 6 miles.  I usually only go there to buy bulk-type items.

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2016, 08:05:27 AM »
Yep!  Walmart is only 2 miles from my house and I can get all of my personal/paper/non-perishable products there much cheaper than Publix.  Their Faded Glory clothing holds up well and I will buy their shorts IF I can find my size, which is my only gripe.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2016, 08:11:09 AM »
Yeah! occasionally.
As others have mentioned, the clothes are shockingly durable.
We are blessed to have 2 krogers (which we like a lot) with 5 miles. However Wally is often cheapest for commodities. Just recently got milk $1.29/gal and 9lb tubes of ground beef for under $2/lb (July 4th cookout!). Kroger price is double for those.

sun and sand

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2016, 09:47:56 AM »
No, I do not shop at Walmart.  A few years back I tried shopping there, but left with nothing but a bad, sad feeling.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2016, 10:31:57 AM »
I voted "no", but...

I do shop there on vacation.  In my husband's home town, and in my home town, we grocery shop.  We go visit once every year or two (just got back).  Honestly, they have decent turnover on produce.

There is not a Walmart near me, so it's not a huge sacrifice to not shop there.  I did have 2 coworkers who would drive there to grocery shop.  (They were from NC and TX.)  It's 40 miles.  City miles. We have Costco and many grocery stores in town.  It was baffling.  In CA, the gas will eat up any savings.

SimplyMarvie

• Stubble
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:33 AM »
I hate WalMart and never, ever shop there when I'm actually in the US.

...but when we're overseas on orders, and someone in the family needs underwear. Or socks. Or US school supplies. Or foot fungus cream, or something else that is really terribly unsexy but sort of necessary to life as we know it, I have discovered WalMart is literally the ONLY retailer who will ship these sorts of things to us at a Military/Diplomatic address without wankery and unnecessary drama. Target will tell me I've bought things, charge my credit card, send me a warning that my order will arrive three weeks after the heat death of the Universe, and then slowly cancel it, piece by piece, over the next three weeks. Walgreens just throws up it's hands at me in horror.

So I've kind of made my peace with their existence if it means I can have clean socks and cold medicine where-ever I'm living in the world.

Ricky

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2016, 11:12:17 AM »
I have nothing against Walmart itself or its practices. I simply abhor the experience there. The stores are too big with considerably more junky junk than most any other store. The one near me I specifically avoid because they purposefully keep far too few cashiers available. It takes like 30 minutes just to get a few items. No thanks, I'll just order online instead of getting in that mess. Target is closer to me. While I prefer Target since it's a smaller, more well organized store, the difference between a large Target and a large Walmart is negligible at best.

Ricky

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2016, 11:20:21 AM »
I don't get it, if you invest in VTI or pretty much any US index fund you invest in Wal-Mart Stores Inc. so why the indignation over their business practices? You do more to support them by investing in them then you do by buying cheap ass wipes from them.

You definitely do more for them by buying cheap wipes from them than having 0.1% of your portfolio invested in Walmart. They've already used the money they raised from the stock, so presumably the price you paid for your shares is worth much more than what they received initially.

Franchesca_S.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2016, 11:34:02 AM »
Walmart gets a lot of its produce from China so I don't shop there.  There is a Walmart right across the street from my office so in an absolute emergency ( like when I needed a card for national admin assistant's day) I'll go there.  In a 40 item market basket test Target actually does better tho their stuff looks more expensive.

SJS

• Stubble
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »
No!  Hate Wal-Mart. It's a last-resort place for me.  I'm a regular Target shopper.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
I can buy my food at Walmart or at a gas station, or I can drive 20 miles each way to a Sav-aLot (we did have a very overpriced mom and pop grocery belonging to friends closer, but they sold it and the new owners ran it into the ground and then closed it).

But fortunately Walmart is clean, it's cheaper than any other grocery store in the region except that Sav-aLot, whose prices it will match without my making the drive (and it's much cheaper than the prices people post on here about from Costco). It has self-check options for when the lines are backed up or the only checker is estranged great-aunt Matilda whom the entire family has been avoiding for the last twenty years because she's toxic (true story).

It is also the reason Matilda and many other relatives and acquaintances have health insurance.

Fun fact I learned yesterday: if you go to Walmart about 4pm on the Fourth of July, everyone has already bought all their last minute grilling supplies and no one has yet run out of beer, so the store is nearly empty and you can get the week's shopping done in record time.

Rocket

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2016, 07:05:21 PM »
I voted no because I've never been in one.  If they went out of business I'd be fine with that.

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2016, 07:24:23 PM »
I try to avoid WalMart because they are (around here) generally shitty, in shitty areas, with resulting shitty clientele.

That said, they offer fantastic deals on motor oil and pretty good deals on ammo so I go there every few months. Otherwise it's Amazon and Target for us.

redbird

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2016, 07:34:13 PM »
I prefer Target, but Walmart is a lot closer to me so I end up going there more often. I only buy things at Walmart that are the exact same item that I would buy at other stores (brand even) like toilet paper, shampoo, soap, packing tape (husband has a minor eBay side hustle), etc. I have Amazon Prime, but Walmart is usually cheaper than Prime Pantry for those items. Walmart is also almost right across the street from my grocery store, so I don't have to go out of the way or spend more in gas to visit them.

My Walmart is a big Super Walmart with a lot of selection and it's very clean inside, probably the nicest Walmart I've ever been in. But I do most of my non-food purchases online nowadays, for the better quality, selection, pricing, and convenience. If Amazon could get just a little more competitive on some of those Prime Pantry type items, then I would probably never shop at Walmart (or Target, even...) again.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2016, 07:47:34 PM »
Yes, but not nearly as often as I watch "People of Walmart" videos.
 I'm not one that is put off by the appearance of Walmart, our local store
is clean, well maintained and I've never had a terrible wait in line.
 I bought a pair of swimming googles about 15 months ago, and I was there
another time looking for something in hardware, but they didn't have it.
  I do buy my Kamora brand coffee liquour in the separate Walmart liquor store,
it is the cheapest in town. I have a liquor store close, but it's $4 more per bottle.

spicykissa

• Stubble
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2016, 09:10:57 PM »
Yes, for random consumable things mostly. I buy stuff like Command hooks, toilet paper, shower curtains, light bulbs, shampoo, generic Advil, etc. Food is hit or miss--my husband hates the milk and ice cream, and their produce and bread always go bad too fast. But I adore their store brand prepackaged fruit snacks "Fruit Smiles", and some things I can get much cheaper than our regular grocery store: tuna fish, salsa, canned soup. My current Wal-Mart is patronized mostly by recent immigrant families, so it has some pretty decent Asian & Middle Eastern products I don't see elsewhere. The checkout lines can be long, unfortunately, and shelves are sometime not restocked in a timely manner.

I grew up poor in a small town, and remember everyone I knew being genuinely excited when Wal-Mart came to town. My mom could feed four of us on $30 a week there. I once went into a Target behind a woman and her little girl, overhearing the daughter say "we don't like Wal-Mart, right Mommy?" and the mom responded "That's right, we only shop at Target". It was weird, and had all these strange classist undertones, but this preference for Target seems to be a common phenomenon.

MoonShadow

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2016, 09:33:17 PM »
All this time.  I'm surprised I've never seen this thread before today. 

I'm a lifelong union member, and as such I've received a lot of propaganda about WalMart during my career.  I always knew it was propaganda, but that didn't mean that it wasn't also true.  About 15 years ago, during an extended layoff period, my wife & I decided that she should seek a part time job for a while.  My wife has always found ways to deliberately aggravate me, so this time she decided to apply to Walmart as a cashier.  The following 6 months was educational, indeed, and she will tell to to this day that it was the best job she has ever had; and she has a BS in Biology, and worked in her field before having kids, as a lab-tech at Proctor & Gamble.  She had an employee plus family discount card during that time, that provided a 10% discount on everything except groceries.  I ended up using it far more than she did.  And while it's true enough a part-time employee is more likely to be on food-stamps or WIC while working at WalMart, I discovered that a major contributing factor there is that WalMart has a rather unusual employee benefit, free legal consultation.  So while many competitors of WalMart pay on par with them, WalMart employees benefit from a legal service that can help them apply for government aid & support that they would be entitled to, if only they were aware of the process.

In short, WalMart does some hateful stuff at the corporate level; but don't assume that just because they don't offer benefits that many here might consider a minimum standard for a real job, that they don't treat their employees well in their own way.  After that exposure, I tried to get every company that I ever worked for to establish a legal consultation benefit, and none of them ever considered it.  I'm sure that it's probably easy for WalMart to do this, since they have so many lawyers anyway, but that doesn't take away from the value of the benefit.

Seppia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2016, 01:31:19 AM »

It's not like HEB, Safeway Kroger and others throw rainbows at their employees and pay them 4x the Walmart wage.

I did not shop at WM when in the USA but not because of any sort of belief about their practice.

It's just that shopping there sucks, the stores are too large, item selection is bad, the produce and meat are bad, etc.

I used to live in NYC, but worked in the grocery business so I know all retailers fairly well, and my favorite by a significant margin was/is HEB Plus!
Great selection, nice experience, reasonable costs

andy85

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2016, 05:39:31 AM »
I hate going into walmart, but do shop there on occasion for miscellaneous items such as:
-oil/filter
-headphones
-fishing tackle
-cheap t-shirts or gym shorts
-socks/underwear

It's probably been 3-6 months since i've been to walmart...and i'd prefer to keep it that way.

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2016, 06:02:33 AM »
Yep, every week! It's my main grocery store for a healthy whole foods plant-based diet (at least until Aldi opens nearby).

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2016, 06:26:36 AM »
We have a lovely Walmart near us in Florida, with employees who appear to be happy to work there. I shop there often, especially when I have a long list of non-food items on my shopping list. I wear their White Stag brand knit pull-on shorts ($5) around the house and for yoga class. They launder beautifully and wear like iron. The guy in charge of the garden center loves his job and understands the Florida climate. I have gotten some great plants from him. I think it's like any other store - if the management is good at hiring and managing people, then it's a nice place to work and shop.

Pigeon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2016, 06:26:50 AM »
I try not to if possible.  I maybe go in there once a year or so if there is something that I need immediately and cannot find elsewhere, but usually I don't end up finding it and leave empty handed and annoyed.  I hate everything about it, from the business practices, the merchandise, the customer service, to the atmosphere.  It is just so unpleasant, and I'm not a person who hates shopping.

I have looked at the food prices and it's more expensive than Aldi or shopping sale prices at the grocery store, plus the produce looks decrepit and the place is dirty.

banjarian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2016, 11:34:48 AM »
Never. There are certain things I'm not willing to do in pursuit of my financial goals, and Walmart is right up there with prostitution and selling my organs on the black market.

MoonShadow

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »
Never. There are certain things I'm not willing to do in pursuit of my financial goals, and Walmart is right up there with prostitution and selling my organs on the black market.

Are you saying that those who do this to achieve their financial goals are bad people?  At least they didn't have to stoop so low as get a job at WalMart!

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »

Are you saying that those who do this to achieve their financial goals are bad people?  At least they didn't have to stoop so low as get a job at WalMart!

Are there places where, as a male, I can make money selling my body for sex?  Uhhh..asking for a friend.

banjarian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2016, 12:54:03 PM »

Are there places where, as a male, I can make money selling my body for sex?  Uhhh..asking for a friend.

There are, you won't like it... well, I guess I shouldn't make assumptions.

Rewdoalb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »
I have no moral qualms with Walmart overall. However, as someone who generally hates shopping, Walmart is consistently a bad experience. Mostly due to checkout time and crowded parking lots.

They provide jobs for a lot of people , cheap goods for countless more. Also impressed w their renewable energy practices, as recently included in the Bloomberg article about renewables. They are the big/only solar spot for Arkansas.

Knapptyme

• Bristles
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »
No Walmart for this family going on 10 years now. It stems from a philosophical difference, but the simple fact that I don't need them or their products is more reason for avoidance.

As to the problem of investing in companies like Walmart through index funds that can ultimately make me money, I try to avoid them. It is one reason I have been allocating more funds towards personally owned rental properties. I'm essentially investing in my community and myself. Alas, it's not perfect, and I do have some investments through index funds with companies I would not otherwise promote. Thankfully, none of them make up more than 1% of my portfolio, so I can still hope their business model fails.

czr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »
Yes, I do. We have a Super Walmart close by and it is conveniently located, inexpensive, and has tons of essentials from grocery items to consumer items like a toilet flapper I had to buy last week. Cons are customer service is fair to poor, the lines are a little longer, and the store and people don’t look the best. I also shop at a chain grocery store, Target, etc. so I don’t really discriminate based on my family’s current need. The wife will not go to one without me going with her so I guess there is a safety aspect which I can understand.

I imagine the workers in the Amazon warehouses look no worse than the Walmart employees and they are probably paid similarly but it is probably more physically strenuous. Boil it down and it is the same thing; mega corp. employers providing consumer goods at competitive prices.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2016, 01:44:12 PM »
I get my batteries and Mobil 1 sythetic oil there... that's about it.

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2016, 02:25:12 PM »
Wal-Mart is very anti-MMM in my opinion and has done nothing but increase the wastefulness of our society and hide the true cost of goods and services.

They have usually the cheapest prices, BUT:

1.) Due to Wal-Mart's policies, the quality of all goods has gone down -- even those that found elseware. Companies don't make products for each store as a general rule. So while it's true that you can buy the same stuff at Wal-Mart as "everywhere else", the reality is the quality of goods has gone down for all retailers. For example, I used to be able to buy Levi's that would last years and dozens of washings. Levi's today start falling apart after just a few washings and are in general just as crappy as house brands. The difference is in order to stay in business Levi's had to meet Wal-Mart's price point, and in order to do that Levi's had to start cutting quality drastically. I have tools (of all kinds) from Montgomery Ward's that my grandfather purchased 50+ years ago that are still in fine working order despite decades of use. Tools today are lucky to last a couple of years (see also: Harbor Freight). The same has happened across all types of products. It boils down to people being easily seduced by a low ticket price without considering the real _value_ of their purchase.

2.) In order to cut costs further, Wal-Mart exploits municipalities and their workers in order to save in taxes and labor. This results in cheaper prices in their stores, but in reality the buyer saves nothing (and likely loses out!) as Wal-Mart's profits are just being subsidized by the public treasury. It's only a win for share holders of Wal-Mart who benefit by that stealth subsidy.

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
1.) Due to Wal-Mart's policies, the quality of all goods has gone down -- even those that found elseware. Companies don't make products for each store as a general rule. So while it's true that you can buy the same stuff at Wal-Mart as "everywhere else", the reality is the quality of goods has gone down for all retailers. For example, I used to be able to buy Levi's that would last years and dozens of washings. Levi's today start falling apart after just a few washings and are in general just as crappy as house brands. The difference is in order to stay in business Levi's had to meet Wal-Mart's price point, and in order to do that Levi's had to start cutting quality drastically. I have tools (of all kinds) from Montgomery Ward's that my grandfather purchased 50+ years ago that are still in fine working order despite decades of use. Tools today are lucky to last a couple of years (see also: Harbor Freight). The same has happened across all types of products. It boils down to people being easily seduced by a low ticket price without considering the real _value_ of their purchase.

We've discussed the quality vs. price thing before though.  Tools is a great example, everyone raves about the tools they got handed down from their dad or grandpa, but they don't realize that a cordless drill or a nail gun or a ratchet set built for a 50-100 year life today would cost 10-20 times what they actually do.  I try to buy decent quality stuff, but if I have to buy a new $75 cordless drill every 10 years, that's okay with me, because I don't have the appetite or budget to own several $500+ cordless drills that have a 50+ year life expectancy.  I just don't use my tools that much to justify that expense, but I do use them enough to buy a wide variety of $75-100 tools.  I can buy a $150 chop saw knowing I'll use it 2-3x a year; I can't buy a $1500 chop saw for the same level of usage, I'd just have to go without.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
  • 'tis nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2016, 02:47:33 PM »
I voted yes.  There is a store within walking distance for me and the savings catcher app actually does pay off.

MoonShadow

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2016, 04:55:38 PM »
I voted yes.  There is a store within walking distance for me and the savings catcher app actually does pay off.

And for the tech dummies here, what does that actually do for you?