Author Topic: disapointed in Wireless Options  (Read 2042 times)

Bigjones

• Stubble
disapointed in Wireless Options
« on: October 16, 2014, 12:05:11 PM »
Living in rural northern Maine where Verizon and USCell are the two you can choose, finding a nice deal on wireless such as republic etc appear to be non existent.  Called Ting and Republic and searched a few others recommended on here.  Didn't find much in the way of significant savings. Bummer

hyla

• Stubble
Re: disapointed in Wireless Options
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
Check out PagePlus, prepaid carrier that uses Verizon's network.

I live in Montana, similar situation with Verizon being the only network with much coverage here, and have been happy with the reception I get on my pageplus phone.  Not quite as many plan options/cheap pay levels as some of the other prepaid carriers perhaps, but certainly cheaper that a postpaid carrier!

Also, their website makes it look like they only have a few phones to choose from, but most verizon phones will work on pageplus so you can just look for a cheap used verizon phone. 

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:38:19 PM »
If you use PagePlus, take a look at Kittywireless for setting you up. $30/mo for each phone is what I'm using.

Bigjones

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 12:57:54 PM »
Explain why kittywireless to 'set you up'?  PagePlus doesn't set people up ?  Im confused.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 01:02:48 PM »
You can do it yourself, but you get what you pay for. PagePlus has cheap help (i.e. india, no clue help). If you want better customer service, you can go through a retailer (they get commission, your prices don't change). They will port your number and provide useful customer service if you continue to go through them. Just recommending kitty since that's what I used, though there are many others.

Bigjones

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 01:22:01 PM »
Thanks poop, checking them out now (website has a lot to be desired) haha  However they are from Maine.  Now to try and find a couple of Verizon Smart phones for the wife and daughter.  $30 plan each is nice compared to what im paying now.