Author Topic: Cowspiracy  (Read 2697 times)

sstants

• Stubble
Cowspiracy
« on: July 05, 2016, 07:38:09 AM »
I just watched the documentary Cowspiracy on Netflix and it's been really making me think about what I cook and eat.

Has anyone else seen the film? Are you considering the merits of switching to a vegetarian or vegan diet?

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Cowspiracy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:23 AM »
this again?  that film is full of so much bullshit (...) that it's not worth using as any basis for evaluating your life choices.

do some googling and you'll see they overstate the impact of cattle by many orders of magnitude.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 07:45:46 AM »
There are many good reasons to switch to a vegan or vegetarian diet. 

Take anything you have heard in the Cowspiracy movie with a grain of salt though, and do your own critical thinking.

Tim1965

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 09:23:52 AM »
this again?  that film is full of so much bullshit (...) that it's not worth using as any basis for evaluating your life choices.

do some googling and you'll see they overstate the impact of cattle by many orders of magnitude.

If you don't like the movie, try this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/30/how-meat-is-destroying-the-planet-in-seven-charts/

SimplyMarvie

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »
It persuaded my boss, and now he's on a crusade to get the rest of us on board. I ate vegetarian for exactly this reason for 10 years in high school and college, and am just not emotionally prepared to give up burgers again just yet.