Author Topic: Covid vaccine rollout in the US - who do you know that is getting the vaccine?  (Read 229227 times)

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
They started a new program in CA where you can theoretically get a shot at the end of your shift for volunteering at a vaccine site for a day.  Spots disappear almost instantly, but my friends were able to snag a few, and then helped my wife and I get signed up in about a month.  They aren't required to give you a vaccine dose, but the strong implication is that you would get one.  I would be a bit peeved if I drove 2.5 hours round trip and worked for 8 hours on my day off and didn't get a dose, certainly.

We're both in the next mini-tier of vaccine eligibility, but I'm happy to attack this problem from any angle I can.

Yeah, I tried to sign up for that too. As a FIREd person, I'm happy to drive and spend my day helping since all my days are theoretically days off. I put in zip codes within a 5 hour drive and there was nothing. I even went farther afield and tried zip codes of very republican and rural areas. Since things are so polarized nowadays, I figured that might be where there are fewest people wanting to go out of their way volunteering to get a vaccine. No dice! I decided to stop looking because I'm personally ok waiting longer if need be and so happy others are filling that need.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
Certainly some people will jump the line but I think they are a smaller percentage and have a small overall impact.

On the vaccine hunter group I keep reminding people when they get upset at a younger person asking for help or posting a picture that you cannot judge if a person is qualified by how they look.

In the next round in Colorado anyone 16+ with a single listed condition will be eligible including asthma OR obesity that is a large group of people of all age ranges.

Also many people of all ages qualify for various reasons such as their employment, tribal status, ethnicity, veterans status.

Beyond that there are people who have joined no waste lists when someone cancels or they have extra doses and cannot find someone in a qualified group they will call people from the list. This is kind of how I lucked out, took a qualified person to an appointment and they had extras and no one was willing to come in as it was snowing and 6:30 at night so they asked me and others in the store.

No matter how they go about it there will be people upset. I am glad that where I am we have the majority of elders, hospital workers, police, EMS, teachers people with 2 high risk conditions and grocery workers vaccinated here.

After that it is splitting hairs on who most deserves it and the easiest would probably just to switch to age from here on out.

I can say without a doubt advocating for yourself and being proactive is your best chance VS just waiting for someone to contact you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
I think I'm about to go into vaccine hunter mode, and can't decide if it's right or wrong.

I have no risk factors, and currently would/should be the last person to get a vaccine based on the established categories.  But.  I'm supposed to start work in 2 months where I will be living in a dorm.  In my state, communal living makes me eligible for the vaccine now.  The problem is that when I go through the health department checklist, it asks if you *currently* live in a group situation.  So I can't honestly say I do.  And it might be a moot point, because if I check yes and try to find an appointment, the first ones available through the health department are at the end of April, which will be too late for the 2-dose shot they offer.  With the pharmacies I've checked, their questions to get to an appointment don't have an option for communal living situation, so I'd have to lie.

I do have the option of waiting until I start work, which is less than ideal for many reasons, but the biggest problem is that I'll be 91 slow miles from the nearest pharmacy.  I did talk to my future employer, and while they said I'd definitely be eligible to get the vaccine there, there is no promise the supply will be there.  And no mention of an effort to bring the vaccine closer to work.

I'm hoping that access to the J&J vaccine improves in April, but I'm getting a little anxious that I'm running out of time to figure this out.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
I think I'm about to go into vaccine hunter mode, and can't decide if it's right or wrong.

I have no risk factors, and currently would/should be the last person to get a vaccine based on the established categories.  But.  I'm supposed to start work in 2 months where I will be living in a dorm.  In my state, communal living makes me eligible for the vaccine now.  The problem is that when I go through the health department checklist, it asks if you *currently* live in a group situation.  So I can't honestly say I do.  And it might be a moot point, because if I check yes and try to find an appointment, the first ones available through the health department are at the end of April, which will be too late for the 2-dose shot they offer.  With the pharmacies I've checked, their questions to get to an appointment don't have an option for communal living situation, so I'd have to lie.

I do have the option of waiting until I start work, which is less than ideal for many reasons, but the biggest problem is that I'll be 91 slow miles from the nearest pharmacy.  I did talk to my future employer, and while they said I'd definitely be eligible to get the vaccine there, there is no promise the supply will be there.  And no mention of an effort to bring the vaccine closer to work.

I'm hoping that access to the J&J vaccine improves in April, but I'm getting a little anxious that I'm running out of time to figure this out.
Certainly get connected to a vaccine hunter group you will at least learn the process and be able to pounce when your time comes. Maybe you can even help out some people that require assistance getting registered.

Also you will find what opportunities there are in your area for legit ethical ways to get the jab possibly a little earlier.

For example just in the last week on the local one here.
-  A group posted that they were doing a 2 day clinic and that they only had 400 people show up out of 840 available doses at the end of the 2nd day they opened it up to anyone that could get there before they closed in 3 hours.

- someone posted a link to a J&j trial for a 2 does trial that was looking for local people

- Wyoming Walmart opened to Colorado residents due being unable to fill slots with Wyoming residents and people that are still waiting to qualify in Colorado already qualify in Wyoming (one comorbidity) short drive for many Colorado residents

- several posts saying that if you can make it to a location by closing they have a certain amount of shots that need to be used by end of day.

- alerts for stores that have no waste lists that you can get on that regularly have doses left over

- several equity clinics serving under represented communities that were not based on the tier system just the community or ethnic group

- notification that Texas is vaccinating pretty much anyone and parts of Colorado are a short drive from TX.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
My cousin and her husband got theirs from being on a no-waste list at a pharmacy.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
DH and I got the J&J shot today. Our state hasn’t opened up to anyone younger than 65, no matter your health, but I saw on a vaccine hunter group that a specific nearby county had a clinic for those with health conditions that qualify. We qualify, so we jumped at the opportunity. 

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
After all our talking about people jumping the line today... my most annoying friend had asked me if I could help him get a vaccine appointment recently, but then admitted he wasn't actually eligible. (Healthy, FIREd, multimillionaire, very spendy, lightly racist/sexist, extremely privileged 50-ish guy.) Today he posted on Facebook (with no details) that he "finally" got vaccinated today. I guess I could be charitable and assume he got a leftover dose somewhere, but... I'm betting he wasn't actually willing to do that much legwork.

dougules

• Magnum Stache
Some part of me wants to stick it to everyone who's cutting in line to get the vaccine before people with more risk or exposure, but at the end of the day I'm happy they're willing to go that length to get vaccinated.  In a few months we will be begging people to take the vaccine.  If we could only figure out how to instill that amount of drive in anti-vaxxers.

SimpleCycle

• Handlebar Stache
I have an appointment on Monday for my first shot.

Honestly I was surprised how much was left up to interpretation.  In my city, one mass vaccination site is doing my eligibility category (and that site has no appointments) but the rest of my city and county are not.  But a neighboring county is doing my eligibility category at pharmacies (but not county vax sites).  When I went to sign up it asked if I meet my county's eligibility criteria, and I guess I do?  I am eligible to get vaxxed in my county, there is just extremely limited availability.  I'm eligible in two different 1B+ categories, and I believe I am actually high risk rather than just high risk on paper, so I don't feel too bad about it.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
Some part of me wants to stick it to everyone who's cutting in line to get the vaccine before people with more risk or exposure, but at the end of the day I'm happy they're willing to go that length to get vaccinated.  In a few months we will be begging people to take the vaccine.  If we could only figure out how to instill that amount of drive in anti-vaxxers.

My state will be opening up to Phase 1C later this month, and my BF will be eligible to get the vaccine.  While I think it's not right that people here are advocating to go across state lines where it's already open to 1C, I'm happy to think that he might have less competition for an appointment in our county if all the impatient people have already been vaxed in our neighbor state.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache

My state will be opening up to Phase 1C later this month, and my BF will be eligible to get the vaccine.  While I think it's not right that people here are advocating to go across state lines where it's already open to 1C, I'm happy to think that he might have less competition for an appointment in our county if all the impatient people have already been vaxed in our neighbor state.

I hope the info I posted above did not come across as recommending people jump the line that was not my intention and I tried to be VERY specific about that.  People who come to the vaccine hunter groups (at least the ones I am part of) looking to jump the line get shot down FAST and no one helps them (even people who are younger but qualify get flack often) but the ways I mentioned above seem to be ethical / acceptable to even the most strict in the group.

As for crossing state lines I would agree that it should not be done if the vaccine is hard to come by in an area or they have rules against it. 

However take Wyoming for example they were unable to get people in the state to take the vaccine so Walmart and other pharmacies that are part of the federal supply were just sitting on vaccine that was not being used and made the decision to open it up to Colorado as well. Is it better to let that supply just sit there waiting for someone in WY to decide to use it?

How far do we want to take it? Colorado distribution is based on population, more people in cities are willing to take it and rural areas are hesitant and have vaccine sitting and plenty of open appointments so people are driving across Colorado to get vaccinated. Should that be taboo as well?

Colorado has NO residency requirements for getting the vaccine, no county of residence requirements and providers are not even allowed to ask for it per the Governor’s rules.

Probably all moot in a few weeks to a month anyway due to how fast it is rolling out.

Cooper62

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I live in Ohio and they opened it up to my age group (50+) yesterday.  My husband and I were both able to find appointments online at Kroger's pharmacy in our city.  I had to check multiple times for appointments but eventually they opened some.  Second vaccine was scheduled at the same time we made the appointment for the first.

crowinghen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
 I got vaccinated 2 months ago, Moderna  ( Healthcare worker) and Hubby gets the J&J vaccine tomorrow ( school employee), Washington state.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
I hope the info I posted above did not come across as recommending people jump the line that was not my intention and I tried to be VERY specific about that. 

Nooo.  I meant people who live near me.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
Yesterday I met up outdoors with 4 people, all of whom have been fully or partially vaccinated (except me).  It was not exactly a return to old days (we still were mostly masked even being outdoors) but it was a nice change of pace! 

Another interesting aspect was that they had all obtained the vaccine through different means and had gotten different vaccines.  The one fully vacc'd person did not specify how, but I believe likely a qualifying medical history.  She's a good friend, but if she doesn't want to say, none of my business and I didn't ask.  The couple that came were partially vacc'd and the wife of the couple had declared herself an educator, because she's now homeschooling her kids.  I don't think they were actually *asked* so that justification was just to make herself feel better, I think.  The fourth person does regular shifts at a food bank and, while the employees of the bank were vacc'd a while back, they just got the go ahead to authorize their vols to get vacc'd under that eligibility as well.  She got the J&J shot just hours before.

I'm really happy for all of them, but you can probably guess I'm really, really happy for 2 of the 4.

From another podcast I listened to this morning, we are soon going to be wishing we had the problem of resenting people who are "too eager" to get the vaccine, while a large percentage of holdouts keep careful states like mine from being willing (able?) to allow further respite from lockdown/restrictions.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
Totally shocked! The Senior Center called today to tell us the hub and I have appointments for the shot tomorrow! It is about 8 miles from my house so no need to travel hours thru the state to get the vaccine. They have been vaccinating teachers the last couple of weeks and must be done or close and are picking up where they left off with the senior population.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
Totally shocked! The Senior Center called today to tell us the hub and I have appointments for the shot tomorrow! It is about 8 miles from my house so no need to travel hours thru the state to get the vaccine. They have been vaccinating teachers the last couple of weeks and must be done or close and are picking up where they left off with the senior population.
Hooray! Happy for both of you.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
Hooray! Happy for both of you.

Thank you! It has been frustrating! My county has been bone dry on vaccines but I think our area will soon get more.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
Kroger just opened up appointments in michigan.  I just got both my parents appointments for march 23.  It's 1 am and appointment slots were getting snatched right out from under me as I signed them up and I had to pick an alternate time twice.

My mother-in-law also managed to schedule her appointment at Meijer today.  Father in law received his first dose today as an essential worker. 

Now I just gotta get my wife an appointment and we might be able to start mingling with our families again!

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
Just received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine at a vaccination mega-site. The site was very well organized and the entire process took about a half hour to complete. Today, my arm is a little sore where I was stuck with the needle but no swelling and no redness. I feel no other side effects. I hear that sometimes there are side effects with the second injection, but I guess I'll find out in three weeks. Luckily, my appointment is on a Friday so if there are any side effects I'll have a weekend to deal with them. Hopefully, everything will be fine, though.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
I am wondering if it is a bit of a lie that people will be refusing to be vaccinated in any significant amount.   Our county has the appointments booked full for the next month....in a largely republican county

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
60% of the population scrambling to get limited vaccines will do that.  I know a ton of people that aren't planning to get the vaccine. I know a ton of people that still believe it's all a hoax.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
My Daddy got his first shot a few weeks ago, and he's scheduled to get the second on March 31st. Mom somehow didn't get signed up to get an appointment. I'm not sure what's going on there, but she's in the system now.

I'm scheduled to get my first vaccine shot on Wednesday.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
I am wondering if it is a bit of a lie that people will be refusing to be vaccinated in any significant amount.   Our county has the appointments booked full for the next month....in a largely republican county

As time goes on and people see others around them getting vaccinated with no ill effects some of those will probably change their mind.

For those holdouts at the end, well some of them may have already received natural immunity through being infected. For the rest, they'll benefit from the herd immunity of those who are vaccinated plus previously infected.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
Hub and I got our vaccines this morning. It was the Moderna brand. Everything was amazingly organized even down to the parking at the building we got our shot at. We got there a few minutes early. Appointment was at 10:50 and and had our next appointment by 10:57. Then we sat for 15 minutes to make sure there were no adverse affects. There were people to guide us from one thing to the next and everyone was so friendly. When we left, they even thanked us for coming.

We were told to bring license and insurance card. They took the license twice but never asked for the insurance card! That part I am confused about!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 05:21:48 PM by Roadrunner53 »

Weisass

• Pencil Stache
    • "Deeper In Me Than I"
Got my vaccine today, courtesy of the local episcopal diocese. Felt good to see folks inching closer to normal in my neck of the woods.

jeroly

• Pencil Stache
Got my first dose today.  The whole operation was very efficient.  I showed up a half an hour early and was out of there in 20 minutes, including waiting 15 minutes after to ensure there were medical personnel nearby to deal with any allergic reactions.  I have almost no injection site soreness or other after-effects, hope that doesn't mean my body isn't creating defenses...2nd shot appointment already set for three weeks from now.

mizzourah2006

• Handlebar Stache
Scheduled my first dose for Wednesday. In Oklahoma they count BMI >=30 as high risk, I'll take it! Years of bodybuilding and lifting heavy finally paid off for me :) So, I'll be taking about a 90 minute drive Wednesday morning. Weird that I actually qualify before my wife who has been going to work this entire time.

jlcnuke

• Pencil Stache
I got my first dose Friday through the VA. Appt was for 9:45, so I showed up nice and early at just after nine. I was screened for temp and then checked in. As I turned around from checking in I was directed to a nurse to get my shot. From arriving to having the 1st shot was about 3 minutes. Then I waited the mandatory 15 minutes, scheduled my 2nd dose, and was on my way around 9:30. I don't think I saw anyone show up for a vaccine make it to the "awaiting vaccine" chairs while I was there.

Spiffy

• Bristles
Me Me Me!!! I just signed up to get mine at work tomorrow. I work at a private university and they sent out a form a month or so ago asking if we would want the vaccine if they were able to provide it. So I said yes and now am in the second group to get it. They already vaccinated the nursing students and professors, who are now the ones giving the shots. I am under 65, but according to the list, have a comorbidity. Being a bit chubby finally pays off! I think it is going to be the J&J, but will report back tomorrow. Yippee! I have never been so excited to get a shot before. My kids were making fun of me for dancing around after I made the appointment!

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
Me Me Me!!! I just signed up to get mine at work tomorrow. I work at a private university and they sent out a form a month or so ago asking if we would want the vaccine if they were able to provide it. So I said yes and now am in the second group to get it. They already vaccinated the nursing students and professors, who are now the ones giving the shots. I am under 65, but according to the list, have a comorbidity. Being a bit chubby finally pays off! I think it is going to be the J&J, but will report back tomorrow. Yippee! I have never been so excited to get a shot before. My kids were making fun of me for dancing around after I made the appointment!
Hi five! Congratulations!!!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
Got our shots Saturday. Both Hub and I had a little soreness at the injection site. Today, Monday, soreness barely noticible. Success!

I helped my sister in law and her hub get an appointment at the same vaccination site. For some reason it isn't being widely advertised as a vacination spot and is not on the VAMS site but is on our towns web page.

dougules

• Magnum Stache

As time goes on and people see others around them getting vaccinated with no ill effects some of those will probably change their mind.

For those holdouts at the end, well some of them may have already received natural immunity through being infected. For the rest, they'll benefit from the herd immunity of those who are vaccinated plus previously infected.

I hope you're right.  Only time will tell. 

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
Husband and I just became eligible in our state this week (50+...thank you February birthday!)

I signed us up this morning, theoretically, although the messaging on the city's vaccination website is still confusing. We are eligible according to state criteria, but the city site itself has mixed messaging on the website about who is eligible. The front page has an addendum noting that 50+ became eligible as of March 15th, but then as part of the signup process I was supposed to 'agree' to a popup that affirms that we meet one of the original categories of eligibility (65+/health care workers/health conditions).  I hope that is just b/c they haven't gotten around to fixing all the elements of the website to reflect new guidelines b/c I lied and said yes so I could lock an appointment.

The worst they can do is turn us away at the door later this week, I guess. :crosses fingers:

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
Husband got shot #1 today at the local convention center, run by Kaiser.  YAY!  I didn't ask him, but he must have gotten Pfizer.  They were super strict about scheduling the second dose and apparently if he had not been able to make it for some reason on exactly the 22nd day, it sounds like they would have turned him away.  The first thing they did when he got there was schedule his second shot and he said they sounded like they would brook no argument to choose another day, ha!  Anyway, no problem for him, but just thought that was interesting.

He said he's been moving his arm around like crazy (as is the popular advice apparently), but it's still relatively sore and stiff.  He might have a headache (about 6 hours in).

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
Husband got shot #1 today at the local convention center, run by Kaiser.  YAY!  I didn't ask him, but he must have gotten Pfizer.  They were super strict about scheduling the second dose and apparently if he had not been able to make it for some reason on exactly the 22nd day, it sounds like they would have turned him away.  The first thing they did when he got there was schedule his second shot and he said they sounded like they would brook no argument to choose another day, ha!  Anyway, no problem for him, but just thought that was interesting.

It's funny that they've been doing this everywhere, like it is an absolute rule and everything will explode if you do plus or minus a day, and then they cancelled my second dose appointment and told me to reschedule for three days later like it's NBD, with no reason given except "we're going to be closed that day" on a random Tuesday. I think it's more about their planning and traffic flow than anything else. Otherwise everyone would make up an excuse to schedule for a weekend when they're not working.

Weisass

• Pencil Stache
    • "Deeper In Me Than I"

It's funny that they've been doing this everywhere, like it is an absolute rule and everything will explode if you do plus or minus a day, and then they cancelled my second dose appointment and told me to reschedule for three days later like it's NBD, with no reason given except "we're going to be closed that day" on a random Tuesday. I think it's more about their planning and traffic flow than anything else. Otherwise everyone would make up an excuse to schedule for a weekend when they're not working.

I think you are right, that it is about people management more than anything else. I had Pfizer and the next shot was scheduled for 28 days later, entirely because that was when they could get that group of folks together again.

dougules

• Magnum Stache

I think you are right, that it is about people management more than anything else. I had Pfizer and the next shot was scheduled for 28 days later, entirely because that was when they could get that group of folks together again.

I wonder if they're trying to plan for the fact the Pfizer vaccine is so perishable.

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
My parents got their first Pfizer shots today in Ohio.  They became eligible 1.5 weeks ago (60+ category) and after realizing they could use some help to get vaccinated ASAP, I stayed up late one night last week and got them signed up when new slots opened at CVS at midnight.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
It’s going rather well in my immediate area for those who actually want to receive. The local hospital is doing walk ins every day for the 1c crowd (which includes persons with risk factors) and they are not requiring any paperwork, which is great from an accessibility stand point. Several local pharmacies are vaccinating smoothly. The teachers who want a vaccines have been able to receive it. The sites run by the national guard are going smoothly as well. Word has gotten out in the community that you can wait at the end of the day and they are more than happy to give folks their leftover doses. The VA is giving to any veteran 18+. This weekend there is going to be a 10k vaccine drive (j&j) at the stadium and all the appointments are already booked! I am hopeful that the state will be able to move into phase 2 very soon.

Watchmaker

• Handlebar Stache
SO just got notified she has an appointment to get her first shot on Thursday. She wasn't sure if she was going to be counted as an educator (she has a private music studio) and from the way I read the instructions from the state, it seemed she wouldn't be included in the eligible list. Luckily for her our local health department disagreed.

Starting on Monday, I'll be in one of the eligible categories as well.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:44:53 AM by Watchmaker »

Saffron

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I'm getting the vaccine on Saturday! Here's to that pandemic weight putting me just barely in the overweight category (bmi <25). This is really awesome because I've had to work consistently in my office since this all kicked off because DoD. I also have a mission critical work trip next month that will have me away from home for 2-3 weeks. I'm more okay with taking the trip now that I'll have at least partial immunity.

I'm still waiting for my mom (66) to get an appointment for hers. I don't know what's up with her county, she signed up weeks before I did. I'm going to be trolling CVS and Walgreens websites since those have come online. Northern Virginia is still basically the hunger games in trying to get an appointment.

Edit: I got my mom an appointment at CVS! Their slots opened up at midnight. She's getting her jab on Sunday! Huzzah!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 10:50:12 PM by Saffron »

jeroly

• Pencil Stache
I'm getting the vaccine on Saturday! Here's to that pandemic weight putting me just barely in the overweight category (bmi <25). This is really awesome because I've had to work consistently in my office since this all kicked off because DoD. I also have a mission critical work trip next month that will have me away from home for 2-3 weeks. I'm more okay with taking the trip now that I'll have at least partial immunity.

I'm still waiting for my mom (66) to get an appointment for hers. I don't know what's up with her county, she signed up weeks before I did. I'm going to be trolling CVS and Walgreens websites since those have come online. Northern Virginia is still basically the hunger games in trying to get an appointment.

Edit: I got my mom an appointment at CVS! Their slots opened up at midnight. She's getting her jab on Sunday! Huzzah!!
Where does a 25 BMI get you priority?  Making 30 BMI a priority category was controversial here in DC and the CDC makes >40 BMI a priority.

About 50% of the population is over 25 BMI, making its designation as a priority category useless.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
My dad got his shot about a week ago and my mom got hers on Saturday. Must be the Moderna one as she said the second is scheduled in four weeks. My dad has a surgery scheduled around the time of his second shot so they're stretching it out to five weeks.

Log

• Pencil Stache
SO just got notified she has an appointment to get her first shot on Thursday. She wasn't sure if she was going to be counted as an educator (she has a private music studio) and from the way I read the instructions from the state, it seemed she wouldn't included in the eligible list. Luckily for her our local health department disagreed.

Starting on Monday, I'll be in one of the eligible categories as well.

I know many musicians and music teachers are finding they qualify. Good thing since our industry has been completely destroyed by the pandemic. Excited to play with more than 10 other musicians spaced a mile apart in a giant orchestral rehearsal space.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
DH is only 59, but he's considered an essential worker. He's been registered on the County's website for about six weeks. Yesterday, he got the green light and an appointment for tomorrow! Yippee!

By the River

• Bristles
Where does a 25 BMI get you priority?  Making 30 BMI a priority category was controversial here in DC and the CDC makes >40 BMI a priority.

About 50% of the population is over 25 BMI, making its designation as a priority category useless.

Louisiana made the cutoff at 25 BMI (and 18 years old and above).  Several players of the Pelicans basketball team were able to receive their vaccine because of this "condition", even though they run up and down a basketball court full speed for 30 or 40 minutes a night. 

Watchmaker

• Handlebar Stache

Here in Wisconsin, BMI>25 give you eligibility starting Monday. The medical category was going to open the 29th, but they just moved it up a week, so I guessing they have a pretty good supply at the moment, or were seeing drop off in demand.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian

Here in Wisconsin, BMI>25 give you eligibility starting Monday. The medical category was going to open the 29th, but they just moved it up a week, so I guessing they have a pretty good supply at the moment, or were seeing drop off in demand.

Kinda weird metric to use.  Here are some folks with a BMI well over 25:

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
weird flex but ok