Author Topic: Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card 60,000 bonus miles  (Read 2976 times)

Duke03

• Bristles
Looks like for a limited time Chase has upped the sign on bonus on their southwest cards to 60,000 miles.  This is a great deal as last week it was only 40,000 miles.  The Plus card only comes with a $69 annual fee so you basically get $600 of air fare for $69.  Can't beat that.  I'm signing the wife up for one and will probably get a Plus card for myself.  I use to have a premier card for myself so I should get the bonus on the Plus card.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/travel?CELL=6TKX&jp_ltg=chsecate_travel
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:13:07 PM by Duke03 »

Duke03

• Bristles
Re: Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card 60,000 bonus miles
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:01:01 AM »
Well the wife and I both signed up and got approved. 120k rapid reward points for $138 in annual fees was too good to pass up.

h82goslw

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 04:18:00 AM »
You should've have signed up for two cards (not one for you and one for wife).  That would've given you enough points for Companion Pass....then all of your wife's flights would be free for the remainder of this year and all of next whenever you purchased (with cash or points) a ticket. 

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:35:36 AM »
You should've have signed up for two cards (not one for you and one for wife).  That would've given you enough points for Companion Pass....then all of your wife's flights would be free for the remainder of this year and all of next whenever you purchased (with cash or points) a ticket.

Can you explain in more detail? I thought he got two cards.  I'm interested but not clear on how to do this to get a companion pass.

undercover

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 06:44:29 AM »

It doesn't matter which name they are in. You can use the same RR# on any application regardless of the applicant.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 06:47:07 AM »

Can you explain in more detail? I thought he got two cards.  I'm interested but not clear on how to do this to get a companion pass.
A single person applies for both a SW personal card and a SW business card for a total of 120k points. That gets you over the point threshold to get a free Companion Pass for 2017/2018.

Not sure on the combined RR account.