Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve; 100,000 points signup bonus  (Read 280671 times)

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve; 100,000 points signup bonus
« Reply #550 on: October 06, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
I just applied for Global Entry.  Does anyone know if the Denver center is backed up on appointments?  It is the only location within reasonable distance.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #551 on: October 06, 2016, 06:04:01 PM »
I just applied for Global Entry.  Does anyone know if the Denver center is backed up on appointments?  It is the only location within reasonable distance.

Denver is FUBAR:

"Currently there are no available appointments at this enrollment center. Please check later for openings or choose another enrollment center."

fallstoclimb

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #552 on: October 07, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
Apologies in advance if this is answered earlier in the thread:

We are already nearly at our minimum spend, and I'm thinking about opening a card for my husband as well.  He is not an AU on my card and I'd rather not pay to be on his.  All our other credit cards are joint, and Chase, so they are all linkable in the Chase rewards portal. 

If this card is just in his name, will it be linkable to our other cards?  Basically, I'd like to open the card, charge the travel, hit the spend, transfer the points over, and then close the card so we don't have TWO cards with a $450 annual fee.  Will I be able to transfer the points over?

Tetsuya Hondo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #553 on: October 07, 2016, 08:48:33 AM »

We are already nearly at our minimum spend, and I'm thinking about opening a card for my husband as well.  He is not an AU on my card and I'd rather not pay to be on his.  All our other credit cards are joint, and Chase, so they are all linkable in the Chase rewards portal. 

If this card is just in his name, will it be linkable to our other cards?  Basically, I'd like to open the card, charge the travel, hit the spend, transfer the points over, and then close the card so we don't have TWO cards with a $450 annual fee.  Will I be able to transfer the points over?

Yes!

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/09/transfer-ultimate-rewards-points-between-accounts/

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #554 on: October 07, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »

Denver is FUBAR:

"Currently there are no available appointments at this enrollment center. Please check later for openings or choose another enrollment center."

....wonderful...  There is no other center within reasonable driving distance....

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #555 on: October 07, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »
If you're flying to/through another airport any time in the near future, try there.

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #556 on: October 07, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »
Just got my card in the mail.

Anyone able to get the annual fee waived or reduced?

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #557 on: October 07, 2016, 11:16:51 AM »

No, it ain't gonna happen.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #558 on: October 07, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »

Yes!

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/09/transfer-ultimate-rewards-points-between-accounts/

This is wrong, or at best, very misleading.

You will be charged the $450 AF for both cards that you apply for. However you can keep 1 for just 1 year long term.

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #559 on: October 07, 2016, 01:26:30 PM »

No, it ain't gonna happen.

Hey...anything is possible right?

robtown

• Stubble
« Reply #560 on: October 07, 2016, 03:08:52 PM »
I got my 100k points today with my second bill!   I bought a family cruise last month that covered the $4k spend requirement.

@ 1.5x  some transferred miles plus the 100k  will cover four round trips to FL non-stop traveling during peak holiday season.   Not bad!

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #561 on: October 08, 2016, 05:29:37 AM »
I'm considering jumping on this offer as I will be able to pay labor and delivery hospital bills with this car.  I'm nervous about jumping on the credit churning ride though.  We will be traveling next year year but I already have 4 cards (zero balance).

Chase doesn't like it if you have opened 5 cards within the last 24 months. If your cards are older than that, you can churn quite a bit before Chase gets annoyed.

Note that a bunch of their partner/hotel/co-branded cards can still be churned after you hit 5/24.

So that is what the 5/24 rule is!   I'm good then.  My youngest credit card just hit 1 year old, everything else is between 4 and 20 years old. 

I decided to get the CSR card.  I was approved instantly for $29k (this is how people get into massive debt) with a 20% interest.  I thought the high interest was interesting but I guess it only matters if the card isn't paid off every month.

I lost out of using it when I purchased airline tickets, but I'm using it for a rental car and hotel.  The $300 travel credit will take care of the rental car.

I've also switched anything with auto bill pay over to this card.  I should have no problem getting to the $4k, but I will have to buy some gift cards for things we are planning to do later (home depot, airline gift card, etc).

I didn't put my husband on as an Authorized User because we weren't sure how it would affect his credit score/report. 

I don't know if I will become a credit card churner, but this one makes a lot of sense since we are planning some trips next year.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #562 on: October 08, 2016, 05:55:09 AM »
I'm considering jumping on this offer as I will be able to pay labor and delivery hospital bills with this car.  I'm nervous about jumping on the credit churning ride though.  We will be traveling next year year but I already have 4 cards (zero balance).

Chase doesn't like it if you have opened 5 cards within the last 24 months. If your cards are older than that, you can churn quite a bit before Chase gets annoyed.

Note that a bunch of their partner/hotel/co-branded cards can still be churned after you hit 5/24.

So that is what the 5/24 rule is!   I'm good then.  My youngest credit card just hit 1 year old, everything else is between 4 and 20 years old. 

I decided to get the CSR card.  I was approved instantly for $29k (this is how people get into massive debt) with a 20% interest.  I thought the high interest was interesting but I guess it only matters if the card isn't paid off every month.

I lost out of using it when I purchased airline tickets, but I'm using it for a rental car and hotel.  The $300 travel credit will take care of the rental car.

I've also switched anything with auto bill pay over to this card.  I should have no problem getting to the $4k, but I will have to buy some gift cards for things we are planning to do later (home depot, airline gift card, etc).

I didn't put my husband on as an Authorized User because we weren't sure how it would affect his credit score/report. 

I don't know if I will become a credit card churner, but this one makes a lot of sense since we are planning some trips next year.

Unless you husband has bad credit, adding him to the CSR (or any new card) will likely do minor harm to his credit for the first year. More importantly, it uses up one of the 5/24 slots for Chase.

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #563 on: October 08, 2016, 06:09:48 AM »

Unless you husband has bad credit, adding him to the CSR (or any new card) will likely do minor harm to his credit for the first year. More importantly, it uses up one of the 5/24 slots for Chase.

Thanks!

No he has fantastic credit and neither of us open up cards unless there is a good reason.  My last one was the AMEX Blue Cash.  We are new to the CC rewards game so just trying to understand it all before diving in. 

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #564 on: October 08, 2016, 09:33:25 AM »
Keep in mind an authorized user costs you $75.

It's not free to add someone.

modulus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #565 on: October 09, 2016, 08:16:06 AM »
For the Global Entry perk of this card, how long does the whole process typically take?  I applied a couple days ago and the application still says pending review.  Being that this is the federal government, I don't know if I should expect to wait days, weeks, or months.  I expect there is probably a delay in waiting for the interview as well.

For those who are curious, I got my interview invite today, so about 1 week after applying.  Interview date is in approximately 2 weeks.  I am in the Detroit area and we are fortunate to have two centers nearby, so that may help with scheduling.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #566 on: October 10, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
As seen in another thread - Active duty military can get their CSR fee waived.  Nice benefit!

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/ask-a-mustachian/what-small-things-did-you-do-today-to-save-money/msg1258320/#msg1258320

Link is to Nords clarifying misconceptions regarding why the fee is waived.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #567 on: October 11, 2016, 09:46:25 AM »
I got my 100k points today with my second bill!   I bought a family cruise last month that covered the $4k spend requirement.

@ 1.5x  some transferred miles plus the 100k  will cover four round trips to FL non-stop traveling during peak holiday season.   Not bad!
Did you get the points the cycle you hit the minimum spend, or the cycle after?  I hit the minimum and the statement dropped, but no bonus points yet, so I'm assuming I'll have to wait for the next statement.  Or something went wrong.

mom22boys

• Stubble
« Reply #568 on: October 11, 2016, 10:33:19 AM »
Did you get the points the cycle you hit the minimum spend, or the cycle after?  I hit the minimum and the statement dropped, but no bonus points yet, so I'm assuming I'll have to wait for the next statement.  Or something went wrong.

I had my full 4k on my first statement in September (I think around the 1st).  It was fully paid on October 1 and I didn't see the points yet, which ticked me off a bit since I expected to see the point as soon as payment was made.  The points showed up a few days later on my account when the October statement was created. 

Tetsuya Hondo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #569 on: October 11, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »

Yes!

This is wrong, or at best, very misleading.

You will be charged the $450 AF for both cards that you apply for. However you can keep 1 for just 1 year long term.

You can transfer the points to someone else in the household, which I understood to be fallstoclimb's question. I assume that she understands that the cards aren't free and each one in someone's name comes with a fee; she just doesn't want two open at the same time. I wasn't trying to mislead.

So, you can transfer it to another Chase rewards card, but you can't escape the CSR fees.

Ebrat

• Stubble
« Reply #570 on: October 11, 2016, 12:49:38 PM »
Applied and got approved on Sunday, and my nice new metal card came in the mail today. Luckily I have a few big household projects that can go on it.

Anyone have any idea what they mean about the $300 annual travel credit being "through" the December statement? Like if my statement closes on the 10th, does this year's travel credit expire Dec 10 or Jan 10?

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #571 on: October 11, 2016, 01:43:03 PM »

I had my full 4k on my first statement in September (I think around the 1st).  It was fully paid on October 1 and I didn't see the points yet, which ticked me off a bit since I expected to see the point as soon as payment was made.  The points showed up a few days later on my account when the October statement was created.
Thanks - I'll expect mine in a month then.  I seem to remember something similar with United points not posting until the next statement.

Applied and got approved on Sunday, and my nice new metal card came in the mail today. Luckily I have a few big household projects that can go on it.

Anyone have any idea what they mean about the $300 annual travel credit being "through" the December statement? Like if my statement closes on the 10th, does this year's travel credit expire Dec 10 or Jan 10?
My $300 credit posted the same day the travel charge posted, so as long as your travel charge posts by the end of December, you should be fine.

Ebrat

• Stubble
« Reply #572 on: October 11, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »

My $300 credit posted the same day the travel charge posted, so as long as your travel charge posts by the end of December, you should be fine.
[/quote]

Thanks. Just want to make sure I use it all up before it expires.

NYCMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #573 on: October 11, 2016, 06:15:15 PM »
I have excellent credit (720) but I was denied when I applied three weeks ago :-(

They said I don't have enough credit history.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #574 on: October 11, 2016, 07:29:55 PM »
My wife's really pissed at Chase right now because they closed her checking account without warning -- the one that her paycheck is deposited to. 

They claim it's because they didn't have a record of her ID and occupation ... fine I get that there are Federal regulations about such things, but they why they didn't just give her a quick call, email, or letter is beyond me. 

She talked to like 5 levels of different people and none of them could re-open the account in time for her to receive her paycheck so she's just going to go with another bank.  She could fight them and eventually get an account opened, but what's the point?

The thing that really gets me is that she literally just opened this CSR account, so they know her occupation and SS#.  Since they closed her account without warning, her Chase CC payment bounced and they sent a letter saying "hey your payment bounced what's the problem?"  Uh, you should know what the problem is, you caused it.

Unlike me, she's not rigorous about downloading her statements.  Instead of telling her they were closing her account, they just deleted it from her online account.  It didn't show up as "closed," it just disappeared so all her statements vaporized.

I Googled it, and apparently this has been fairly common for years and years.  At least they sent a check with her deposit quickly via UPS -- in the stories I read from a few years ago, it often took weeks to get the cash (Chase likely lost some lawsuits).

So I know this is only tangentially related, but I figured I'd vent a bit here so everyone remembers who they are dealing with.  She was so mad because Chase was her first and only bank in the US, and she felt betrayed that they wouldn't even apologize or admit that simple diligence on their part could have avoided the mess.  I had to remind her that Chase, like every other commercial bank, is a business that is only out for themselves, and not to take it personally.  After all, we are planning on canceling these cards after we take their sweet bonus points, right?  But it certainly makes it much easier to do this without guilt (or some day walk away from our mortgage if circumstances dictate) when we have reminders like this.

modulus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #575 on: October 11, 2016, 10:16:12 PM »
Are there any catches I should aware of with the $4000 spend?  Obviously the $450 account fee doesn't count, but is the $100 I "spent" on Global Entry count towards the 4k, as well as travel expenses that posted but were immediately reimbursed?  So basically do I need to spend $3600 + $100 global entry + $300 travel?

I'm not a big spender so I don't want make unnecessary purchases, nor do I want to risk losing the bonus by being a couple hundred dollars short at the end of month 3.

flashpacker

• Stubble
« Reply #576 on: October 11, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »
Re: Global entry. If you keep checking back you should get an appointment when someone cancels  My spouse and I each managed to get an appointment date that was within 2 weeks of getting the conditional approval notice  by checking back till one popped up.

Also, a heads up that the car rental rates through the Chase travel portal are often really good.  That's how we will be using the $300 travel credit (did 1 x $200 booking already and have $100 left).  The rentals are prepaid but generally cancelable up to 3 days before.   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:47:09 PM by flashpacker »

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
« Reply #577 on: October 12, 2016, 05:50:20 AM »
Just want to update that I got reimbursed for
  • NJ Transit tickets. This is the commuter railroad in NJ
  • PATH tickets. This is a NY/NJ train.

I have also added this card to EZ-Pass and since it is tolls, should be reimbursed.

Quite easy to spend the $300 in travel for me :-)

SomedayStache

• Pencil Stache
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #578 on: October 12, 2016, 07:37:35 AM »
So I know this is only tangentially related, but I figured I'd vent a bit here so everyone remembers who they are dealing with.  She was so mad because Chase was her first and only bank in the US, and she felt betrayed that they wouldn't even apologize or admit that simple diligence on their part could have avoided the mess.  I had to remind her that Chase, like every other commercial bank, is a business that is only out for themselves, and not to take it personally.  After all, we are planning on canceling these cards after we take their sweet bonus points, right?  But it certainly makes it much easier to do this without guilt (or some day walk away from our mortgage if circumstances dictate) when we have reminders like this.

I have had a few bad experiences with Chase in the past as well.   I actually banked with them about a decade ago and left because they were not user friendly.

More recently I was using a code to open a checking account for a cash bonus.  (This was a few years ago when you were allowed to open their checking accounts online without going into a bank - I don't think you can do this anymore and based on this experience that's a good thing.)  I opened the account online and transferred in $1500 (the minimum to keep the account fee free).  About 12 hours later something got flagged in my account and it was closed.  It took about a month to get my $1500 back to me and I had to go into a bank in person to get things sorted out.  Even after this bad experience I wanted to open the checking account for the bonus.  The banker was willing to open an account but the coupon code I had was invalid because it had 'already been used' (yeah by me but that account was summarily closed).  I was very peeved at Chase.

So yes, I am trepidatious when using Chase checking accounts.  But I still play the game and my husband and I have two accounts open right now that we got $600 for setting up. 

ooeei

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #579 on: October 12, 2016, 09:02:48 AM »
Just want to update that I got reimbursed for
  • NJ Transit tickets. This is the commuter railroad in NJ
  • PATH tickets. This is a NY/NJ train.

I have also added this card to EZ-Pass and since it is tolls, should be reimbursed.

Quite easy to spend the $300 in travel for me :-)

I prepaid $100 each on my girlfriend's and my TxTag, reimbursed as soon as the charges posted.  EZ-Pass should work fine!

Tetsuya Hondo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #580 on: October 12, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »
I apologize as I'm sure it's been covered (the thread is getting way too long now to find it)...but, can someone confirm if a Delta gift card can be reimbursed through the $300 yearly travel credit on the CSR? Many thanks.

Rubic

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #581 on: October 12, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »
I apologize as I'm sure it's been covered (the thread is getting way too long now to find it)...but, can someone confirm if a Delta gift card can be reimbursed through the $300 yearly travel credit on the CSR? Many thanks.

I've never had problems getting travel credit for airline gift card purchases.  I'd
suggest you purchase a $100 Delta gift card, then verify you get reimbursed
within a couple of days.   Afterward, you can purchase another $200 worth
of gift cards -- I'd do it in $100 increments for flexibility.

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #582 on: October 13, 2016, 09:34:52 AM »
Perhaps ironic being the OP, but I didn't apply until now. Got my wife approved instantly (I'm at 7/24. Ops.) It seemed like they asked for household income so I put in that, and they gave her $34k credit, wow!

The list of travel benefits really is awesome. Rental car insurance, travel injury and evacuation, cancellation, baggage (delay and lost!) insurance. Plus product refund and warranty. Once I'm eligible in a year I think I'll sign up for this card myself and actually keep it. Did some math on the just travel credit and extra earning/redemption power with our spending and at worst it's a wash. Those perks would make it very nice to have. Plus lounge access to give you that 1%er feeling;)

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #583 on: October 13, 2016, 09:44:50 AM »
Perhaps ironic being the OP, but I didn't apply until now. Got my wife approved instantly (I'm at 7/24. Ops.) It seemed like they asked for household income so I put in that, and they gave her $34k credit, wow!

The list of travel benefits really is awesome. Rental car insurance, travel injury and evacuation, cancellation, baggage (delay and lost!) insurance. Plus product refund and warranty. Once I'm eligible in a year I think I'll sign up for this card myself and actually keep it. Did some math on the just travel credit and extra earning/redemption power with our spending and at worst it's a wash. Those perks would make it very nice to have. Plus lounge access to give you that 1%er feeling;)
I didn't interpret it as household income, but I also don't need any more credit from them!

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2016, 09:51:18 AM »

I didn't interpret it as household income, but I also don't need any more credit from them!

Nope neither do we. But the wording in the tooltip thing was something like "if you rely on the income of someone 21 years or older to pay your bill, you can include that too". So I thought what the heck. We got around $20k+ for CSP, so I guess they assume CSR customers need a bit more.. You know, what if I want to buy a new china set for the yacht and restock my wine cellar in the same month!

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #585 on: October 13, 2016, 10:54:09 AM »
Got approved for the CSR and I think it may have to do with the Chase Private Client (CPC) status.  I was concerned about the 5/24 issue and considered waiting until the end of this month where one account would drop.  Needless to say, I applied in-person using my CPC and was approved on the spot.  We were both surprised because I was not pre-approved in the system and I reached the 5/24.  So for those of you who are CPC apply in-person using your banker.  I've been reading CPC are experiencing increased rates of approval for the CSR.  Your mileage may vary.  Cheers!

Question, what techniques have you used to reach the $4,000 in three month spend requirement?  Curious about your successful MS funded by the CSR specifically.  Thanks all!

renata ricotta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #586 on: October 13, 2016, 12:33:05 PM »
I've had a CSP for about 6 months and I received my CSR right before I took a trip to Greece last week - although I only started using Chase about a year ago for signup bonuses, they might have won a long-term customer from me.

On the day we were scheduled to fly home, a general strike in Athens meant all flights were cancelled, and we were looking at getting stuck for up to a week.

Benefits of having a CSR/general Chase account in a travel crisis:
- MUCH quicker hold times and more helpful representatives, which unlike for some airlines, are open 24/7
- An international collect line (we were having a hell of a time finding phone numbers for American call centers we could reach via Athens)
- Booked me a flight home from Naples, even though the flight wasn't on the UR website (they could get me the cheaper Jet Blue flight I saw on Google flights and used my UR points for it)
- Helped me cancel that Naples flight for free a few hours later when the strike unexpectedly lifted (even though Jet Blue's policies for last minute flights technically could have left me holding the bag, Chase's rep dealt with them for me and got me a full refund)
- When I got stuck in London for a 26 hour layover due to messy rebooking, the CSP/CSR travel delay insurance covered my hotel, taxi, and food for the extra night there (presumably; I've started a claim, and the reps all think I should be covered for the $400ish I had to spend on that)
- Reimbursed me for lounge access for both me and my friend in the Heathrow Airport (my Priority Pass hadn't arrived yet; although technically they only reimburse for the cardholder's access, you can do the reimbursement twice in a year so they just covered the whole expense as if it were me getting in twice). Can confirm that those lounges are pretty nice inside - free cocktails, beer, and wine; free made-to-order hot food; free buffet of croissants and fruit and muffins and that sort; a fancy salon; etc. etc.
- 3x points on all the travel/dining costs I fronted for my group of 5 friends during our trip (getting me pretty close to the $4k spend)
- Already got back the full $300 travel credit for 2016

TL;DR - for somebody who travels a lot, it might be worth keeping the CSR/CSP as a regular card, because the benefits are pretty good ones. I'm going to do the math in a few months to figure out whether it's worth the $450 to keep the CSR over the $95 for the CSP, but I'll at least be keeping one of the two.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #587 on: October 13, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »

I took it to mean household as well.  Same 34K for my wife.  Must be a magic number for this card.  :)

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #588 on: October 13, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »
Question, what techniques have you used to reach the $4,000 in three month spend requirement?  Curious about your successful MS funded by the CSR specifically.  Thanks all!

Paid property taxes. Pretty easy :-)

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #589 on: October 13, 2016, 07:05:26 PM »

Sold the home, so no more property taxes.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #590 on: October 13, 2016, 07:53:34 PM »

Pay my property taxes.  Pretty easy :-)

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #591 on: October 14, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »

Quarterly tax payment.  (DW is self employed)

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #592 on: October 14, 2016, 10:21:53 AM »

Were you planning any upcoming trips?  Book the airfare, prebook hotels, etc and sign up for the Global entry.  Then you will get the $300 + 100 reimbursement too.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
« Reply #593 on: October 14, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »
Got my priority pass select card.

Reading the letter attached to the card, this statement jumped out at me.
You and your accompanying guests may visit the participating lounges at no charge compliments of Chase Sapphire Reserve as often as you wish during your membership year.

This seems much better than what I thought. So, if I am visiting with my wife and son, both are included for no charge.

Wow!

Edit: Looks like another post says differently: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/welcome-to-the-forum/chase-sapphire-reserve-100-000-points-signup-bonus/msg1221721/#msg1221721
I still think the letter trumps what is mentioned in loungebuddy.com.

It is possible that Priority pass gets overloaded with Chase Sapphire Reserve people, then they may change the rules to just admit the person with the card.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:10:35 PM by CowboyAndIndian »

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #594 on: October 14, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »

Quarterly tax payment.  (DW is self employed)

Even if you get a paycheck, you can stop withholding at work and pay the feds with a credit card quarterly.  IIRC there is a site which does it for 1.87%

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #595 on: October 14, 2016, 04:02:49 PM »

Pay my property taxes.  Pretty easy :-)

Sure.  But as I said previously I SOLD my home so no more property taxes.

I do plan on traveling to Europe but booked the flight prior to CSR approval.  I am currently on a self imposed sabbatical so no W2 or 1099.  Does anyone else have ideas beyond typical spending, utilities, gift cards, etc?  Curious if anyone used manufacture spending (MS) to reach the 4k requirement.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:10:01 PM by sobezen »

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #596 on: October 14, 2016, 04:12:17 PM »

You missed the joke, which was that you should pay HIS property taxes.

I've been buying gift cards to the grocery store and Amazon. (Amazon is good because you can get gift cards to a lot of other stores there, as needed.)

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #597 on: October 14, 2016, 04:24:17 PM »

I've been buying gift cards to the grocery store and Amazon. (Amazon is good because you can get gift cards to a lot of other stores there, as needed.)

Ah!  Indeed I missed the intended humor.

Thanks for the gift cards purchased at grocery store and Amazon ideas.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #598 on: October 14, 2016, 05:27:55 PM »

Ah!  Indeed I missed the intended humor.

Thanks for the gift cards purchased at grocery store and Amazon ideas.

If you guys don't think I'm serious, you've got another think coming.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #599 on: October 15, 2016, 07:16:20 AM »
From a percentage standpoint, the Freedom is really appealing right now.

For a $500 spend:

$150 base signup bonus
$50 because my wife generated me an invite
$25 for adding an AU
$25 because Costco is 5% back until 2017.

That's a 50% return.

Transfer points to the CSR and use for travel.

That's a 75% return.