Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve; 100,000 points signup bonus  (Read 280660 times)

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve; 100,000 points signup bonus
« Reply #350 on: September 09, 2016, 11:42:52 AM »
I have spoken with at least 2 other folks at JPM and they all said reserve card fees are not waivable for any client of Chase/JPM. I think I will stop trying now.

I have decided to get another card for DW given how quickly I have generated my required minimum spending...

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #351 on: September 09, 2016, 12:47:25 PM »
Folks don't waste the credit pull if you're over 5/24.  You can sometimes get around 5/24 if you're "pre-approved" and apply in branch. Pre-approved is different from pre-qualified. 

Someone asked if the priority pass is useful.  It depends on your travel patterns but we love it.  It helps if you have a nice PP lounge that works for you at your home airport (eg located in the same terminal as whatever airline you usually fly.)  We use lounges on arrival back home as much as on departure.

Doctor of Credit, Miles to Memories and Frequent Miler are all good blogs to read up about the CSR if you're new to this.

People should be aware that American Express have recently been denying the sign up bonus for their Platinum card to people who purchased gift cards to meet minimum spend, and there is a fear Chase might try to do the same with the 100K offer for the CSR.  Best to meet with normal spend if you can e.g., property taxes, pre-paying a few bills, health insurance if you're self-employed, making purchases for family member etc.

I am right at 5 cards and won't pass 24 months until November 1st. :(

Hopefully this is still around.

Pooplips

• Bristles
« Reply #352 on: September 09, 2016, 01:10:42 PM »
Comenting to follow.

Guses

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #353 on: September 09, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
Can you spend the points without spending ANY money?

Like can I go to a restaurant and be like "Take my points and feed me?".

Do you have to pay taxes/fees on flights or things you buy with the points?

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #354 on: September 09, 2016, 02:50:45 PM »
Can you spend the points without spending ANY money?

Like can I go to a restaurant and be like "Take my points and feed me?".

Do you have to pay taxes/fees on flights or things you buy with the points?
You can't use points at a restaurant, but you can get cash for your points.  100,000 points would be worth $1000 - statement credit or you can probably get a check.

Hyatt - transfer the points to use for a hotel night and I've never been charged a fee (there might be some hotels with "resort fees" though).

You have to pay at least $5.60 per flight in security fees for flights (one way domestic) or more for international when you use points for flights (like if you transfer to UA or SW), although if you go through Chase's travel portal, I believe you can use the points as cash for regular revenue flights (and collect more points!)  With the CSR, you get $1500 worth of credit for flights/hotels/cruises.  Probably other things, but so far I've just transferred the points.

fallstoclimb

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »
Oh wow this seems great.  Definitely worth it for the signup bonus alone.

Is it worth keeping?  We have Chase Sapphire Preferred as our only annual fee card (we also have Chase Freedom) and we wouldn't keep both.  We spend lots on travel and dining so I am thinking that 3x vs 2x earning rates on points might be pretty substantial for us. 

I assume the annual travel credit just means we can purchase anything that is classified as travel and will get a $300 statement credit?  We will 100% hit that every year.  SO basically it's just a $50 difference between the Sapphire Preferred and the Reserve, right?

Last dumb question, it's 1.25x (Sapphire Preferred) vs 1.5x (Reserve) for UR point redemptions.  This is in the good direction, right?  The points buy us more in terms of $s?

We sadly don't have any really big trips planned right now but we are always taking small ones.  This so seems worth it. 

fallstoclimb

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2016, 03:10:13 PM »
Also, is the authorized user fee annual or one time?

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #357 on: September 09, 2016, 03:10:54 PM »
annual fee..yes that sucks.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #358 on: September 09, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »
Oh wow this seems great.  Definitely worth it for the signup bonus alone.

Is it worth keeping?  We have Chase Sapphire Preferred as our only annual fee card (we also have Chase Freedom) and we wouldn't keep both.  We spend lots on travel and dining so I am thinking that 3x vs 2x earning rates on points might be pretty substantial for us. 

I assume the annual travel credit just means we can purchase anything that is classified as travel and will get a $300 statement credit?  We will 100% hit that every year.  SO basically it's just a $50 difference between the Sapphire Preferred and the Reserve, right?

Last dumb question, it's 1.25x (Sapphire Preferred) vs 1.5x (Reserve) for UR point redemptions.  This is in the good direction, right?  The points buy us more in terms of $s?

We sadly don't have any really big trips planned right now but we are always taking small ones.  This so seems worth it.

if you have the CSP already, the increase in cost for the CSR is minimal - presuming you use the statement credit for travel.

And if you actually travel, the 1.5x redemption versus 1.2x with the CSP makes a big difference

Remember, you can transfer all your existing CSP points (and Freedom and Ink points) to the CSR to get better redemption.

So, right now the Freedom gives you 5x points at Costco. Spend $1, get 5 points. You then transfer the points to the CSR and your points redeem (for travel) as 7.5 points, effectively giving you 7.5% back at Costco.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #359 on: September 09, 2016, 03:23:05 PM »

Keep in mind if you product change the CSP into a freedom (free) you can transfer points between the accounts and get most of the benefits of the CSR without an AU.

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2016, 03:45:58 PM »
At what point does 2 CSR (as opposed to 1 CSR and 1 AU) make sense?

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #361 on: September 09, 2016, 03:47:50 PM »

Keep in mind if you product change the CSP into a freedom (free) you can transfer points between the accounts and get most of the benefits of the CSR without an AU.

I tried to change the CSP to a Freedom Unlimited (via PM) and they replied that I'd have to sign up for a new Freedom Unlimited.  Perhaps a call is in order.

fallstoclimb

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #362 on: September 09, 2016, 04:53:53 PM »

Hmm.  So probably I should just not put my husband on the card, correct?  It doesn't seem worth it.  Kind of a bummer because we won't be able to hang in the lounge together when we travel, but I assume I can still book flights for him and everything even if he's not an authorized user.  We might get hit a little with those dining points when he goes out to eat without me or we forget that I should pay, but I don't think that will translate to a $75 value.  Anything I'm missing here?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »
Now I'm curious. Does anyone know what criteria Chase's algorithm uses to 'decide' on instant approval.

My salary is 112k
My FICO score is 790
My dept-to-income ratio is between 0.5% and 2%, depending on the date the report is run
My debt-to-credit-limit ratio is 2%

I thought I'd be a shoe in, but instead my application has to be reviewed each time. What gives?

Same here.  I'm like 1/24 and that 1 was also an issue where I had to "verify" something.  I hadlike 5 Chase cards though, so maybe they just don't want to give me any more.  Recently canceled my Southwest card.  Honestly I have too many Chase cards, they just give the best bonuses.

How long does it take for a decision?  I've been getting the "2 weeks" message for 1.5 weeks.  Don't want to call reconsideration line until they actually deny me, but I'd like to get some of this month's spend on the card.

Edit: looks like I've got around $70k extended with Chase (even after canceling a card)... does that mean I should just call right now?  It's their fault for putting so much credit on my last card
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 05:22:21 PM by dragoncar »

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »

Hmm.  So probably I should just not put my husband on the card, correct?  It doesn't seem worth it.  Kind of a bummer because we won't be able to hang in the lounge together when we travel, but I assume I can still book flights for him and everything even if he's not an authorized user.  We might get hit a little with those dining points when he goes out to eat without me or we forget that I should pay, but I don't think that will translate to a $75 value.  Anything I'm missing here?

Per Chase on their twitter account, you can bring travel companions with you into the lounge.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #365 on: September 09, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »
When I talked with Chase customer support  (to verify activation)    they did not think my cruise tickets via Vacations2Go would qualify for 3x points or for the $300 travel.   They seem to look for purchases direct from the airlines or through their points award travel system.

Does anyone know if paying off a $4k purchase immediately will speed up the 100k points award?

Dude are you going on the same cruise as me?
 Are you also sharing a single cabin with your wife and in laws because there was no extra fee for adding 2 people?  I'm hoping to pay the balance of my cruise with the card to get closer to the $4k spend but haven't gotten approval yet.

I'm pissed I used VTG because I later realized I could have booked on the cruise line direct with less aggrevation (the agent was very slow responding to emails and it turns out the rates were exactly the same... Travel agent is a dying business model for elderly folk who can't use a website and stupid dragoncars)

Is there a way I can handle this reservation directly now? I looked on the Royal carribean website and can access my reservation but can't really do anything with the deposit/ balance
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:45:59 PM by dragoncar »

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2016, 07:45:15 PM »

When you can spend $4k on each in the first 90 days....

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2016, 08:16:14 PM »

I mean to keep 2 CSR long term.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #368 on: September 09, 2016, 08:19:34 PM »
When I talked with Chase customer support  (to verify activation)    they did not think my cruise tickets via Vacations2Go would qualify for 3x points or for the $300 travel.   They seem to look for purchases direct from the airlines or through their points award travel system.

Does anyone know if paying off a $4k purchase immediately will speed up the 100k points award?

Dude are you going on the same cruise as me?
 Are you also sharing a single cabin with your wife and in laws because there was no extra fee for adding 2 people?  I'm hoping to pay the balance of my cruise with the card to get closer to the $4k spend but haven't gotten approval yet.

I'm pissed I used VTG because I later realized I could have booked on the cruise line direct with less aggrevation (the agent was very slow responding to emails and it turns out the rates were exactly the same... Travel agent is a dying business model for elderly folk who can't use a website and stupid dragoncars)

Is there a way I can handle this reservation directly now? I looked on the Royal carribean website and can access my reservation but can't really do anything with the deposit/ balance
Huh.  Are y'all going on the same cruise with me?  But I don't share cabins...

Unfortunately, once you book with a Travel Agent, you're pretty much stuck.  I use bestpricecruises.com anyway, because they often have extra freebies (free tips, specialty dining, etc).  You can book on their website, or you can call, and any of their agents can help with your booking.  Plus their hours are much better than a brick and mortar TA.

And yes, you get the travel credit as soon as the charge hits your account.

undercover

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #369 on: September 09, 2016, 08:34:06 PM »

Per Chase on their twitter account, you can bring travel companions with you into the lounge.

And per Chase on their own website, they say that only you and authorized users will be able to access the lounge (since an authorized user would be able to get their own membership). The lounge is supposed to charge $27 per guest.

From loungebuddy.com:

"Priority Pass Select membership is similar to Priority Pass Prestige. The great value of Priority Pass Select membership is that it is included, complimentary, with The Platinum Card's annual fee. There is no additional cost per entry unless you bring a guest, which are charged the standard $27 fee for all Priority Pass membership levels."

I'm guessing that there's no way that these lounges are going to let 5 people in (if that's what your travel party is) based on what Chase is saying if all you have is one Select membership card.

Honestly, there's conflicting and vague information everywhere. It's not even immediately evident that the Select membership gives you unlimited free visits with your membership since their own site doesn't mention it directly. I'm assuming it does though based on information I read on loungebuddy.

I mean, personally, I don't really care. There's nothing that special about the lounge other than a few free snacks and drinks. Definitely not gonna lose sleep or get into an argument with anyone over it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:09:34 PM by undercover »

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2016, 07:30:37 AM »

I mean to keep 2 CSR long term.

Well, if you are doing churning, the AU add would count against the person for 5/24 until after 2 years have elapsed and could prevent you from doing further churn bonuses.

After then, the math seems to slightly favor having an AU if you want both of you to have a physical card (or regularly use airport lounges) - in our case, there doesn't seem to be much advantage. I travel for work, but any travel my wife does is with me. Online purchases don't' matter - she can still use my name/card to book travel or whatever. Hell, I don't even have the Chase login yet - she set it up and I haven't bothered getting it from her.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2016, 09:23:06 AM »
Just a PSA, not sure if folks realize this, but a lot of retailers offer bonus earns if you purchase through Chase's Rewards Portal.

Many major retailers seem to be present (I've found all the ones I've ever looked for, except Amazon). This can be an easy 2-5% bonus points earn.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #372 on: September 10, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »

Actually for an MMM crowd there are a lot of spendypants going on if you can spend $4k on a credit card in three months.....I mean there are a lot of things you can't pay for with a credit card.  Guess worst case is I pay my property taxes and pay the $60 convenience fee if I am up against not meeting the spend.

It's called manufactured spending.

I prepaid my house and car insurance on mine. *shrug* It's not that hard to do for me.

My point was that just because people can meet the signup bonus spend requirements without issue doesn't mean they're a speedy pants. EDIT: spendypants [stupid phone autocorrect...]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:05:00 PM by johnny847 »

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #373 on: September 10, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
I think this $4k spend is going to be easier than I thought, even without MS. I'm going on a work trip tomorrow that will have ~$1,000 of spending that work will reimburse (including at least $300 for reimbursed travel expenses). This morning a friend put a $300 computer purchase on my card and gave me the cash. I switched 3 bills over to the card that will be $250 this month. Next month I am doing a 4 day trip to Las Vegas (mostly paid for in points), but I think there will be at least $150 worth of spending on the card during that trip. Combined with my normal spending and other little opportunities here and there, it should be done before 2 months is up, I imagine.

Has anyone received their lounge membership card yet? I imagine that might take quite a while to get here, but there's maybe a slight chance I'll receive it before I go on this trip tomorrow?

hope2retire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #374 on: September 11, 2016, 01:22:08 PM »
Not sure how this works. But got mine sent to me by mail in less than a week. did not have any indication that i was approved instantly or my email. After receiving and using it, i tried to log into my online profile to check if  anything is posted. i did not see the credit card at all. Called chase and they said the ssn does not match(it was a close match, not an exact match is what i was told) :). Wish i could use this sentence everywhere they ask for an ssn ;). Anyway, used my card, even the path/train ticket ($90) for work is billed as travel and i already got the train tickets credited back to the account. Will have to buy the tickets in bulk now for this year to cover the 300 by december. Still figuring out a way to fill in the 4000. do you know if the $300 travel credit related transactions are counted towards the $4000 for 3 mos?

Thanks
H2R

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2016, 02:10:22 PM »
..snip... Still figuring out a way to fill in the 4000. do you know if the $300 travel credit related transactions are counted towards the $4000 for 3 mos?

Thanks
H2R
No, the $300 in travel expenses you get credit for are not counted as part of the $4,000 spending requirement.  I asked about this specifically when I applied for the card.

hope2retire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »
Thanks Threshkin. I knew someone here might have had the same question...and got it clarified with chase CSR

Regards,
H2R

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2016, 03:32:46 PM »
..snip... Still figuring out a way to fill in the 4000. do you know if the $300 travel credit related transactions are counted towards the $4000 for 3 mos?

Thanks
H2R
No, the $300 in travel expenses you get credit for are not counted as part of the $4,000 spending requirement.  I asked about this specifically when I applied for the card.
Well, this is not confirmed as there are conflicting data points.

Jet9

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2016, 03:23:36 PM »

Thanks
H2R

I also called to ask about this, and CS put me on hold to double check; she indicated that the travel credit counts toward spend, the Global Entry counts toward spend, but the $400 fee does not count.

If you are planning to include these in your spend, you should probably get this clarified in writing by sending a SM from your Chase website. By the way, I also emailed to confirm my spend by date; it was a month later than I had originally thought.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #379 on: September 13, 2016, 03:44:39 PM »
I've had my card for a couple weeks now and here are some things I can confirm:
* Airbnb does count as travel
* For the $300 worth of travel, they still appear to be crediting the 3x points even though credited back to be $0.  The credits are appearing as soon as they charge.
* I applied for global entry around Sept 1.  Amount was immediately credited to the card.  I got application approval on the 11th and I'm driving up to Blaine, WA for my interview this weekend  (Seatac had no openings until Dec and Boeing field had no openings until February 2017!)
* I paid for 3 excursions with the card - two that were boat rides and whale watching counted as 3x points.  A snorkeling trip only counted as 1x points.
* Coffee shop counts as restaurant with 3x points.
* Entry tickets to a Canadian national park & a tourist site only counted as 1x points.
* The $450 annual fee has already been charged

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:18:35 PM by JoJo »

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #380 on: September 13, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »

Thanks
H2R

I also called to ask about this, and CS put me on hold to double check; she indicated that the travel credit counts toward spend, the Global Entry counts toward spend, but the $400 fee does not count.

If you are planning to include these in your spend, you should probably get this clarified in writing by sending a SM from your Chase website. By the way, I also emailed to confirm my spend by date; it was a month later than I had originally thought.

Don 't take a chance...spend $4500 even if some offset.  I always build in a buffer in case I need to return something or have arithmetic error or whatever.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2016, 06:21:35 AM »
Don 't take a chance...spend $4500 even if some offset.  I always build in a buffer in case I need to return something or have arithmetic error or whatever.

+1

I just put all our property tax on the card. It ends up only costing 1.25% or so (since they charged 2.25% but you get 1% cash back) for the whole thing but the peace of mind is nice. We are already over the $4k minimum spend.

YoungConsultant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2016, 02:03:33 PM »
Wow, this one is definitely going to replace my Sapphire Preferred which I'll convert to one of the Freedom cards. I'm leaning toward Unlimited because I already have Discover it, but as long as the 5% categories never overlap maybe it's worth the risk to go regular Freedom. But I'm tempted by the 1.5% on everything (since, like a good mustachian I spend very little anyway, and 5% won't make me spend what I didn't plan to spend anyway).

During the last 12 months I spent about $50k in reimbursed travel expenses for work so this card is a no brainer. I won't even have to manufacture spend as I have six 5-night trips lined up back to back starting at the end of the month.  I get so many miles, hotel points, and rental car points already that I don't even bother to hold on to the UR points, I just get the cashback bonus instead to shove in VTSAX :)

I just applied with instant approval.  of course, I was 0/24 so no issues there lol :)  They only gave me a $15k limit, so I'll redirect some of the $32k limit from my old card to the Reserve card for my work travel...not that I've ever had a balance that high haha.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
Wow, this one is definitely going to replace my Sapphire Preferred which I'll convert to one of the Freedom cards. I'm leaning toward Unlimited because I already have Discover it, but as long as the 5% categories never overlap maybe it's worth the risk to go regular Freedom. But I'm tempted by the 1.5% on everything (since, like a good mustachian I spend very little anyway, and 5% won't make me spend what I didn't plan to spend anyway).

During the last 12 months I spent about $50k in reimbursed travel expenses for work so this card is a no brainer. I won't even have to manufacture spend as I have six 5-night trips lined up back to back starting at the end of the month.  I get so many miles, hotel points, and rental car points already that I don't even bother to hold on to the UR points, I just get the cashback bonus instead to shove in VTSAX :)

I just applied with instant approval.  of course, I was 0/24 so no issues there lol :)  They only gave me a $15k limit, so I'll redirect some of the $32k limit from my old card to the Reserve card for my work travel...not that I've ever had a balance that high haha.

The points are worth 50% more for travel, so if you want to start taking international vacations, now is the time!

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2016, 04:35:53 PM »

I'm jelly!  50,000 in work travel means you can bank about $2,250 in free flights, etc per year.

hope2retire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »
Confirmed from secured message that the $300 for travel is counted towards the 4k spend.
Thanks guys.
H2R

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #386 on: September 14, 2016, 06:04:32 PM »
Thanks for the tip on asking for your "spend by" date.  Mine was later than expected as well.  Based on the date, I think it falls on the close of your third statement.  This should be more than 90 days which is awesome.

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #387 on: September 14, 2016, 06:38:57 PM »
Thanks for the tip on asking for your "spend by" date.  Mine was later than expected as well.  Based on the date, I think it falls on the close of your third statement.  This should be more than 90 days which is awesome.
I need to do this. My first statement just came and I've had the card for under weeks.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2016, 01:23:06 PM »
I'm pissed it's takin so long.  If they're gonna deny me I wish they'd do it quickly so I can call reconsideration ... I've got spending to put on this card!

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2016, 03:51:01 AM »
If there are any other active duty military on the fence, I called Chase and they will waive the annual fee until 1 year after you leave the service, drop the interest rate to 4% (not that we really care about that).

As good a deal as this card is, it is even sweeter when the annual fee is waived.

KiloRomeo

• Stubble
« Reply #390 on: September 16, 2016, 08:16:15 AM »
Can anyone confirm that I can use the Global Entry credit for someone else? I already have Global Entry so I was going to pay for my Mom to have it. I don't see how Chase would even know.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #391 on: September 16, 2016, 10:37:54 AM »

If you're 0/24 and want to have both of the Freedoms, you convert your CSP to the CFU (ha!) and separately apply for the rotating category CF, snagging a $175 signup bonus for $500 spend.

Transfer all points to the CSR, so that you get 1.5x bonus on your points when spent on travel.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »
I'm debating doing the CFU as my next card for that reason.

I'm only 2/24 now (CSP and CSR) and it might be nice to get both the CFU and CF and have that setup long term (CSR/CFU/CF).

If you use the rewards as travel, you basically get 1.5%*1.5 = 2.25% in cashback on all purchases by transferring the points to the CSR.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »
Can anyone confirm that I can use the Global Entry credit for someone else? I already have Global Entry so I was going to pay for my Mom to have it. I don't see how Chase would even know.

I'm *guessing* that it would not be a problem.  All Chase will see is the Global Entry charge on the card.  No way they would know whose Global entry it is.

YTProphet

• Stubble
« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2016, 11:39:48 AM »
Got mine a month ago, met the minimum spending requirement within two weeks (15 days before the statement closed) and didn't get the 100,000 points posted this statement. Kinda pissed. I don't see why they can't post in the first statement.

undercover

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #395 on: September 16, 2016, 12:07:04 PM »
Anyone else just plan on cashing out on the $1K rather than applying $1.5K to travel? I don't stay at hotels anymore, and I never fly either. There isn't an option to redeem on Airbnb thru UR so for me the extra $500 is a bit pointless.

Tetsuya Hondo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »
I realize that only someone from Chase can definitively answer this, but does anyone care to guess how long the 100k offer might last? I got the CSP right before I learned about the CSR and want to meet my minimum spend on it first. But, I'm afraid that I may wait too long and the offer will be gone.

Longwaytogo

« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »
Anyone else just plan on cashing out on the $1K rather than applying $1.5K to travel? I don't stay at hotels anymore, and I never fly either. There isn't an option to redeem on Airbnb thru UR so for me the extra $500 is a bit pointless.

I may do this. Have plenty of Marriott points and not sure if I'm flying anywhere next year or not.

But Chase rejected me ): due to past issues with thier bank. Going to try again with DW's name though.

She is just under the 5/24 having gotten 2 cards of her own and been AU on 2 of mine. However her most recent was Chase with the Marriott 80K bonus. We just hit the minimum $3K spend for that. Can you apply right away for another card with same bank or do you need to wait?

Since I can't get it I'm thinking maybe AMEX SPG or Hilton for my next one. Just recently canceled AMEX Delta.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »

I'm not sure yet. I guess we have close to a year to decide :-)

We do have periodic travel expenses. A couple hotel rooms this year due to a funeral and wedding this year so far.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2016, 12:29:44 PM »

I may do this. Have plenty of Marriott points and not sure if I'm flying anywhere next year or not.

But Chase rejected me ): due to past issues with thier bank. Going to try again with DW's name though.

She is just under the 5/24 having gotten 2 cards of her own and been AU on 2 of mine. However her most recent was Chase with the Marriott 80K bonus. We just hit the minimum $3K spend for that. Can you apply right away for another card with same bank or do you need to wait?

Since I can't get it I'm thinking maybe AMEX SPG or Hilton for my next one. Just recently canceled AMEX Delta.

Remove her as an AU on both cards. Tell Chase everything is cool, no need to reissue the card with a new number. That way, she can still keep using them and will be 2/24 instead of 4/24.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!