Author Topic: Barbell Business  (Read 3519 times)

NoCreativity

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Barbell Business
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
I don't own a gym, but I am a weightlifting coach and my primary job is in healthcare. I listen to these guys a lot, started with their "barbell shrugged" podcast, and will occasionally sneak over to their "barbell business" podcast when the topic looks interesting or if I feel like I could learn something valuable from it.

here's the link -

http://www.barbellbusiness.com/true-wealth/

the podcast was interesting for sure, I haven't read his book yet, but wanted to get some opinions from this community where I've found some great information (while I've been lurking quietly on the internets and not posting)

Kriegsspiel

• Pencil Stache
Re: Barbell Business
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:22:56 PM »
I like those dudes' Barbell Shrugged interviews, they're entertaining guys. Didn't know they were into investing too, very cool.

NoCreativity

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:48:25 PM »
I think I forgot to develop the question in that post....

Their ideas on this podcast often focus on thr benefits of "mastermind" gatherings as they call them. These are events that bring groups of people together in such a way that the individuals leave the gathering (seminar, retreat, conference, whatever you want to call it) with vigor and creativity to go on and do great things back in their regular lives. The crux is that these gatherings can require a big chunk of change to attend, I guess as a barrier to entry? But apparently the returns on investment can be great, although sometimes difficult to quantify...

CATman

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:08:42 PM »
I think I forgot to develop the question in that post....

Their ideas on this podcast often focus on thr benefits of "mastermind" gatherings as they call them. These are events that bring groups of people together in such a way that the individuals leave the gathering (seminar, retreat, conference, whatever you want to call it) with vigor and creativity to go on and do great things back in their regular lives. The crux is that these gatherings can require a big chunk of change to attend, I guess as a barrier to entry? But apparently the returns on investment can be great, although sometimes difficult to quantify...

It actually depends on the group. I've known of some mastermind groups that are just groups of like minded entrepreneurs who get together to swap ideas, network, get help with problems they may be having in their business. It's also a great way for people to find mentors. It's possible that some of these have a cost, but you may be thinking of conferences which is pretty common in the motivational/guru world where people can pay some big bucks to go see various speakers.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!