Author Topic: Are Mustachians Aliens?  (Read 4866 times)

RH

• Stubble
Are Mustachians Aliens?
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:32:44 AM »
As a mustachian, do you even feel like an alien visiting earth? You look around and see that almost everyone is completely different from you. Large SUV's roaming the planet in search of a gallon of milk from a store, 6 year old's staring down at their new iphones, playgrounds deserted, people impatiently waiting for their McBurger to be served to them through a window, herds of cars stopped in a straight line for miles on end as they wait to go earn a pieces of paper to barter for things they don't need. As an alien, you think this species is so odd and you have nothing in common. I don't know how to intermingle with this species. Is MMM an alien too?

jmusic

• Bristles
Re: Are Mustachians Aliens?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 11:37:51 AM »
Commence Project Mayhem.

shotgunwilly

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
"God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »
I have been online discussing MMM with a bunch of haters, telling me retirement is impossible.. then shifting to tell me I'm enslaving workers by investing in S&P 500 ETF's.

Eventually you just have to walk away while they go back to shoveling an even deeper hole of debt for themselves.

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 01:10:07 PM »
Yes.

k290

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
Nah I'm sweet

TheOldestYoungMan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »
6 year old's staring down at their new iphones

My nephew was very surprised to learn that his uncle thinks it is OK to poke him in the eye.  "You need to be aware of your surroundings."  This is a critical life safety skill.  Poke a distracted child today, save his life tomorrow.

Very tiny humans exist at our sufferance.  When someone small does something unacceptable that is your fault.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
"God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

What do you mean I'm not going to a be a millionaire movie star rock god.  That is my life plan.  The fact that I look like a naked mole rat is irrelevant.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »
6 year old's staring down at their new iphones

My nephew was very surprised to learn that his uncle thinks it is OK to poke him in the eye.  "You need to be aware of your surroundings."  This is a critical life safety skill.  Poke a distracted child today, save his life tomorrow.

Very tiny humans exist at our sufferance.  When someone small does something unacceptable that is your fault.

I laughed. (Does it make me a bad person to laugh at the thought of eye poking a 6 year old?)

Ricky

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
Not sure if OP just had a brain fart or subconsciously wanted to regurgitate one of MMM's articles?

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2015/03/12/when-ridiculousness-is-ubiquitious/

Being slightly uncomfortable isn't common amongst most Western societies, so yes it's alienated practice by definition.

mozar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »
I live in a co-op community where almost every one is like me. It is jarring when I leave my community and I see SUVs, fast food etc. I don't leave that often though. I feel like an alien sometimes as a feminist. I find the patriarchy jarring and exhausting.

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 05:42:43 PM »
I prefer to think that other people are the aliens.

firewalker

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »
Bloop snarklisch dnipsch bleep fwonk. That's what I always say.    (edited for grammar...always mess that up till I get used to earth lingo again.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:54:48 PM by firewalker »