Author Topic: Anyone still waiting on stimulus payments?  (Read 23161 times)

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
Re: Anyone still waiting on stimulus payments?
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
I never got the $600 so I had to do my taxes early to take the credit.

I am still waiting on the $1400
I've been meaning to ask this question but wasn't sure if it warranted a new thread or just stick it in here as a tangent.

I got a partial for the 1st stimulus check.  My understanding is that the same qualifications held for the 2nd check.  I did not qualify for the third.

I never got the 2nd partial check.  How do I find out how much I would/should have received so I can claim it on my tax return?
Your tax software should ask you what you've received and claim it for you automatically if necessary.

Yes, but since I only qualified for a partial payment.  I don't know how much of the $600 I was supposed to get.  When it gets to that step in tax software, how do I know how much $ to input?  Sorry, if I'm being dense here.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2021, 06:51:59 PM »
I never got the $600 so I had to do my taxes early to take the credit.

I am still waiting on the $1400
I've been meaning to ask this question but wasn't sure if it warranted a new thread or just stick it in here as a tangent.

I got a partial for the 1st stimulus check.  My understanding is that the same qualifications held for the 2nd check.  I did not qualify for the third.

I never got the 2nd partial check.  How do I find out how much I would/should have received so I can claim it on my tax return?
Your tax software should ask you what you've received and claim it for you automatically if necessary.

Yes, but since I only qualified for a partial payment.  I don't know how much of the $600 I was supposed to get.  When it gets to that step in tax software, how do I know how much $ to input?  Sorry, if I'm being dense here.
Think of it this way: filing your taxes is a reconciliation exercise. The stimulus check is just one part of the reconciliation process.

You don't have to know how much you were "supposed to get". The stimulus checks are an advance of on tax credit (glossing over some implementation details that are not relevant). If you qualify for the "stimulus credit", whether in full or partially, the software will know. And by telling the software how much you received, it can claim the remainder, if any, on your tax return.

Makes sense?

Does that make sense?

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2021, 07:16:18 AM »
@Paul der Krake
It makes sense to me if the software is able to deduce my credit due to 1) my AGI (from 2019 or 2020) and the stimulus one stimulus check received.  And therefore I do not need to know what my partial 2nd check total was/is?  Do I understand it correctly?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2021, 07:21:21 AM »
...How do you not know what your 2nd check was?  You either got it or you didn't, and they aren't sending out the 2nd check anymore, so if you didn't receive it then you claim it when you complete your tax return.  You don't need to calculate what you think your 2nd stimulus check should be, just do your taxes and tell the software that you have received $0 for the second stimulus and it should calculate how much you qualify for and add it on top of your refund. 

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2021, 07:38:20 AM »
@frugalnacho, yes, I thought I had to input the 2nd check total for the credit but now know that's not the case. Thank you and Paul for clearing up the picture.  Plan to do taxes this weekend.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2021, 10:55:09 AM »
Got my paper check for $4,200 today. 

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »
Still nothing, the IRS site still says it hasn't been scheduled yet. WTF.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2021, 09:33:11 PM »
Timeline for us:
2019: high income
April 2020: file for 2019, confirming to the IRS we had high income in 2019
2020: low income, no stimulus (because the government still thinks we have a high income)
February 2021: rush to file for 2020 and establish our low income status, claiming the first two stimulus checks on tax refund
February to May 2021: crickets, IRS payment website says not eligible for stimulus, IRS refund website says still processing
Early May 2021: refund shows up with the first two stimulus checks included in refund amount, as expected
A few days later: IRS payment website says we're now eligible
Another couple of days later: third stimulus shows up

So basically, got it as soon as the IRS realized we qualified, but it took a while for them to process our return to realize that. Hope this helps someone.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2021, 02:03:27 PM »
We got our payment from the first round back in the early part of the pandemic.  It went straight into our checking account.  We never got the second one even though we qualify.  IRS website said "Payment Status Not Available", so we claimed it on our tax return.  E-file of tax return was rejected multiple times so we had to paper file about 5 weeks ago.  When I check the status of my return with the IRS there is no information, so we are just waiting for them.  We also didn't get the third round yet and are getting the same "Payment Status Not Available" when we check the website.  I tried to sign up for an IRS account, but they won't recognize my phone number as valid for some reason so now I am waiting for them to snail mail me some kind of verification to set up my account to check the status of things.

Almost everyone I know has gotten all 3 stimulus payments and also their federal tax refund.  Some other people seem to have fallen into the void though and haven't gotten anything.

I'm in the void. Never received my $600 from Trump, so filed paper tax return for 2020, and requested the $600 as a refund. As of last week, "no information available" is what it tells me at IRS.gov.  You are not alone, FrugalN.   

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2021, 02:07:23 PM »
Got my paper check for $4,200 today.

Congratulations, FN !

WonderfulLife43

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2021, 07:21:32 AM »
Still waiting.

Where's My Payment still says 'Not Available'
IRS shows correct info for 2020 tax return, which is well within the income limits, but $0 for 3rd Stimulus. 
First 2 stimulus payments received very quickly, but crickets for the 3rd.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2021, 12:58:16 PM »
Major update: I checked irs.gov today and my status went from "no information" to "still being processed". Woohoo !!  $600 stimulus via 2020 refund.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2021, 08:29:31 AM »
Still waiting for the IRS to schedule it...

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2021, 07:11:04 AM »
Major update: I checked irs.gov today and my status went from "no information" to "still being processed". Woohoo !!  $600 stimulus via 2020 refund.

Update:  I got a letter from the IRS saying I had to verify my identity. The online option required a credit card or some other intrusive credentials to do so, but I could call an 800 number if I didn't want to divulge the sensitive info.

Called the 800 number about every day for a while and got a recording "due to extremely high call volume, we are unable to blah blah blah".

Finally got someone to answer, spent 15 minutes on phone answering questions that were not intrusive, and the IRS person said I would be getting my $600 check in the mail within the next 9 weeks. 

Yahoo!

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »
Still waiting for that final stimulus check. First one was on paper, second direct deposit - 3rd has been "pending" forever.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2021, 03:05:36 PM »
Got my paper check in the mail a few days ago, for $608 (includes interest, I guess).
Cashed it the next day.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2021, 03:19:58 PM »
Still waiting on third Fed payment and current State stimmy.