Author Topic: Any Pilates Instructors here?  (Read 2068 times)

TheOfficeLady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Any Pilates Instructors here?
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:10:48 PM »
I'm thinking of working towards getting certified in Pilates. Does anyone here teach Pilates or have any advice?

clangley22

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Any Pilates Instructors here?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:13:34 AM »
I want to offer some advice of caution around seeking certification.  In my experience most yoga and Pilates studios offer teacher training and certification to increase their profitability because student classes alone don't provide enough income.  They often advertise and encourage certification with promises of income opportunities for those with certification.  Most instructors earn $18-$25 per class and with the flood of "certified" instructors in most areas - most people are unable to earn a living wage or competitive part-time wage.  Additionally, there are many states that do not require "certification" to be an instructor and many studios hire experienced clients rather than "certified" instructors.  All that said....if you are interested in deepening your practice and expanding your knowledge - that's different.  Specialized, intense training can be rewarding....and expensive.

stevenkotler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Any Pilates Instructors here?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »
Hello, I am certified Pilates Mat instructor and have 5 years of working experience in New York city. There is no doubt that Pilates is really helpful and is suitable for every age group and i also agree that most yoga and Pilates studios offer teacher training and certification to increase their profitability but if you do proper research in your area I am sure that you will be able to find good Pilates studio which have experienced trainers because certification is not everything its true experience counts.