Author Topic: Am I the only person who can't stand cycling?  (Read 13673 times)

shesabikelover

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Am I the only person who can't stand cycling?
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 01:35:31 AM »
 Just see my name,you'll know I love cycling especially mountain bike riding.The views along the way can refresh or even change your perspective on a lot of things, and the feeling at the top is often one of accomplishment that makes up for the fatigue.

The speed and cornering is exhilarating and makes theriding all the more satisfying.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2015, 07:32:30 AM »
It is a general discussion board.

You're welcome.

Oh I don't expect you to know that you're part of a trend. It's still funny.

sabertooth3

• Stubble
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2015, 07:51:00 AM »
I hate biking, never really liked it as a kid either. Tried to get into it a few months ago by buying a Nashbar bike (http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_552047_-1___) but none of the sizes fit or were comfortable, so I returned it.

My compromise is driving to the public transit, which is subsidized by my work. I still pay $5/day for parking when I go in (which is 4 days/week now that will shrink to 2 days/week next spring), but to me it's worth it.

FI40

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2015, 07:54:27 AM »
I love biking but can't do it anymore due to a knee injury. Luckily I walk to work.

broketriathlete

• Stubble
  • Mustachian Student
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2015, 08:19:38 AM »
As they say, "Different strokes for different folks" definitely plays a role here. I happen to love it, but I hate running. We are exact opposites regarding those two methods of transportation/exercise. If it wasn't for triathlons I'd never run! I happen to enjoy cycling because it's a great calorie burner that saves the impact of running and you can do for hours. After doing a marathon I feel like I got ran over by a mack truck. After 4 hours of cycling I can still function lol.

golden1

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2015, 08:24:38 AM »
I think cycling is boring as a form of exercise, and sadly, it is just impractical for me as a mode of transportation right now. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!