Author Topic: bread machine recipes  (Read 3144 times)

startingover

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
bread machine recipes
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:24:15 PM »
Hey, People!!  I had a "master" bread machine recipe that made five pound of bread and because of lack of use, I lost it!!  Does anybody have a recipe for a big batch of mixed dry ingredients which you add the wet ingredients too when you make the bread?  It was so handy that my husband could do it and we made a ton of bread last summer!!  Why I stopped, I don't know!  PLEASE HELP!!!!

Matt K

• Bristles
    • Krull Photography
Re: bread machine recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 06:07:02 AM »
Are you sure about 5 pound? The largest bread machien I've ever seen was a 3lbs machine.

This is my standard recipe, but it only makes a 1 pound loaf (4 good sized servings): http://returntoroots.krull.ca/2012/11/awesome-bread/
It is so easy, instead of making a big batch and having that last several days, I'd just make one every time it is needed.

Unfortunately bread recipes don't scale up easily. If you double the flour, you put in less than double the water (and usually the same amount of yeast).

norvilion

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:52:36 AM »
Uncertain on large scale recipes, but for my 2lb bread machine I do

1/8-1/4 cup oil (usually olive in my case)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
3-5 swirls of honey (I have no actual measurement on this one, just swirl it around a few times)
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp gluten
2.25 tsp yeast

Usually I put it in in that order, but I'm not certain if it actually matters. The egg is REALLY important to the mix, makes the difference between a dense/filling loaf and a light/airy loaf. Usually I just combine all the wet ingredients in the measuring cup (a little oil, add milk to 3/4 cup line, water to 1.25 cup line) and in all it takes around five minutes to put together starting from an empty table, sometimes even faster if I'm really on the ball.

startingover

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »
The mix I'm talking about is one that you mix up all the dry ing. and use 3 cups of the mix per bread making.  It makes a ton of bread!  And it's so handy.  I can grab 3 cups, plus whatever wet ingredients and yeast, within minutes and my bread is ready for making.  When I find the recipe I will put it on for all of you. 
I will try both of these recipes though.  Thanks!!