Author Topic: 2021 FIRE Cohort  (Read 353872 times)

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
Re: 2021 FIRE Cohort
« Reply #1350 on: August 03, 2021, 03:25:50 PM »
Congratulations @nemesis

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1351 on: August 03, 2021, 07:24:58 PM »
Well I was originally shooting for the end 2023, then it was going to be May 2022, then January 2022, then October 15, 2021.
I hit my fire number a couple of months ago and was dealing with a lot of stress at work.
With some encouragement from members on this forum, I decided it wasn't worth the stress and gave notice yesterday.
My official FIRE date is now August 13, 2021! Woohoo! :)

Congratulations!!!

Jack0Life

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1352 on: August 03, 2021, 09:37:59 PM »
Well I was originally shooting for the end 2023, then it was going to be May 2022, then January 2022, then October 15, 2021.
I hit my fire number a couple of months ago and was dealing with a lot of stress at work.
With some encouragement from members on this forum, I decided it wasn't worth the stress and gave notice yesterday.
My official FIRE date is now August 13, 2021! Woohoo! :)

Awesome. Be great if you can share what's your annual expenses will be like.

Canuck042

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1353 on: August 05, 2021, 08:05:30 AM »
First Post! Nov 5th 2021 will be my last day, age 45. Management knows, and key staff, but the rest of my coworkers won't be told until my replacements are decided: probably at 60 days out.

Some health issues and general COVID restlessness make this a good time. I've read so many stories here and agree with a lot of the feelings as I count down the final 3 months - but instead of rehashing the same things I'll just say I'm 'cautiously optimistic'.

Thanks for making this forum so inviting: looking forward to hanging out in Post-FIRE :)

Malee55

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1354 on: August 05, 2021, 03:55:52 PM »
Fantastic first post @Canuck42. Congratulations on making the move.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1355 on: August 05, 2021, 09:28:02 PM »
First Post! Nov 5th 2021 will be my last day, age 45. Management knows, and key staff, but the rest of my coworkers won't be told until my replacements are decided: probably at 60 days out.

Some health issues and general COVID restlessness make this a good time. I've read so many stories here and agree with a lot of the feelings as I count down the final 3 months - but instead of rehashing the same things I'll just say I'm 'cautiously optimistic'.

Thanks for making this forum so inviting: looking forward to hanging out in Post-FIRE :)
Congratulations!

FireLane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1356 on: August 06, 2021, 04:07:27 PM »
I put in my notice today, woohoo! FIRE, here I come!

I wrote about it in my journal, but the quick summary is it was one of the most nerve-wracking things I've ever done. I've been at my job 15 years, and I've gotten comfortable. It's really tough to break free from a safe, familiar, well-paid routine and take that leap into the unknown. I can really understand how people wind up working a lot longer than they need to, just because it's the path of least resistance.

I haven't settled on an official last day. It'll probably be two weeks plus a few days, which will give me enough time to finish my current projects and use up my remaining vacation days. July 30 is a good outer-limit estimate.

Update: I'm retired in every sense but the official!

My last day of work was July 23, but I have some vacation days I'm using up, so I'm still technically employed until August. I expect to have my formal exit interview on August 9. I'll update again and confirm myself FIREd when that's done.

Update to the update: My exit interview was today. I'm now officially retired. Please mark me CONFIRMED!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1357 on: August 07, 2021, 01:44:16 AM »
Woo-hoo! Congratulations, FireLane!

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1358 on: August 07, 2021, 10:19:40 AM »
Congratulations @FireLane

Pylortes

• Stubble
« Reply #1359 on: August 10, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »
Back with a quick update one month after my last day.   My family left on a vacation/road trip 4 days after my last day.  We were gone for over 3.5 weeks which I believe is the longest vacation I have ever taken.  Hit several national parks on the way out west and then spent several weeks staying with family.  It was amazing to not have to rush everywhere for once to do things and see everyone in a 7-10 day trip like our typical vacations have been.  And since I drove instead of flying I just decided when I had enough and was ready to come back home! 

I’m still in the early phases of figuring out what a typical day looks like for me.  Now that I’m finally back home I made a list of 24+ projects (and growing) I want to tackle around the house and financially.  So far I have checked off 1, hah ha (it’s only been 2 days!).  Unfortunately my list of side projects may end up getting pushed aside as school is about to start and our local school district is not requiring masks despite local and national surges in case numbers so I may be thrown into educating my 5th grader at home unless they make an abrupt change.  Oh well, I have the flexibility to change plans now.  Also, my spouse has just accepted a remote position with a new company.  Once this COVID wave settles down we will look at putting our house on the market and relocating.  I’ll be able to absorb much of the logistical work without having to worry about work.  After years of living in a location I would not have picked, finally we may be able to move on.

I wanted to retire at 42, but I’ll take 44.   I’ve had supportive conversations with a number of people since I left work. Funny thing is lots of people on this forum report pushback and blank stares when they tell people they’ve retired, but I’ve had sort of the opposite-  my family or friends would tell someone else for me with a grin on their face that I just retired- and then I sort of backtrack/clarify that I consider myself retired from white collar office work, but I will probably be interested in getting some part time paid work next year doing something reasonably fun outside.  I probably should lean in further on calling myself retired, but I’ve been bracing for those blank stares and questions based on what I’ve read from others on this forum.  Maybe the general public has spent more time thinking about their priorities and family with everything going on since 2020 and can more relate to wanting to take a break from work?

I’ve seen a number of posts of people close to their retirement day who are struggling with stress/motivation.  I can certainly relate.  I felt enormous stress the last 6 months or so, and it did not get much easier for me even after I had given notice as I felt I had so many loose ends to tie up.  I didn’t even end up getting everything I wanted to taken car of before I left, but you know what?  It’s alright and I’m not worried about that stuff anymore.   Just a little encouragement for others who are struggling to get to their end date. 

snowball

• Bristles
« Reply #1360 on: August 11, 2021, 02:13:49 AM »
Pylortes, that sounds awesome.  Can't wait.  :)

I’ve seen a number of posts of people close to their retirement day who are struggling with stress/motivation.  I can certainly relate.  I felt enormous stress the last 6 months or so, and it did not get much easier for me even after I had given notice as I felt I had so many loose ends to tie up.  I didn’t even end up getting everything I wanted to taken car of before I left, but you know what?  It’s alright and I’m not worried about that stuff anymore.   Just a little encouragement for others who are struggling to get to their end date.

I keep thinking that - objectively speaking - this is the least stressful period I've had at work in a while.  And yet, I'm having a hard time with it.  I think it's a combination of being emotionally done and ready to leave, and generally burnt out from the last few years so there's just not a lot of gas in the tank.  I'm trying to minimize my remaining obligations and delegate a lot, which is helping...If literally all I had to do anymore was train people and update documentation, I think I could deal with that okay, lol.  I still have some project work left to wrap up though, and for all that I'm trying to disentangle myself, I still care about the loose ends (and there are So Many).

I'm trying to better internalize and accept the reality that there are going to be loose ends left over no matter what, and that the people left behind will deal with them - I am not an essential piece of the puzzle, and the waters will flow in to fill the organizational gap I leave behind.  Someone else will deal with the inevitable leftover loose ends, and if not, maybe they weren't that important after all.

My plan has been to work until Nov 4 without taking leave between now and then, and get an annual leave payout at the end - it's about a month's worth so it's a nice chunk of $.  Plus there are some training sessions I want to run for people in October, and it'll work better to do it then rather than in September.  This week I've started seriously considering taking leave for most of Oct and just coming in 1-2 days a week for the training sessions though...

You'd think that the closer you get to the finish line, the easier things would get.  And in some ways that is true, but it also seems to get harder to hang on when freedom is so close that you can taste it.

But I've promised myself that if by September I still want to take most of October off, then I'll go ahead and schedule it as annual leave.  So maybe that means I really only have about seven weeks left!  Plus a few training sessions, which, whatever, I can do most of that with my eyes closed.  :P

(I am contractually required to give 4 months of notice.  Based on conversations with past coworkers, it's not unusual for people to struggle a bit with that long of a notice period - it's a long time emotionally when you're ready to leave and you've made the decision to leave.  Some people just leave and don't give notice at all, despite what their contracts say, but I've been treated fairly enough in my time here and don't feel that's justified.)

snowball

• Bristles
« Reply #1361 on: August 12, 2021, 02:48:50 AM »
I've decided to use up most of my pile of annual leave and do 2-day work weeks for the last month and a half of my contract.  And explicitly define my responsibilities as being mostly limited to training and documentation for that time.  So now I only have four more weeks of full-time work before my 2-day weeks start!  My last day is still Nov 4 though, no change there.

I am so much happier with this plan.  Who needs more $, anyway...I'd rather have more time and less stress (and if I'm only working 2 days a week, I'll be able to keep way stronger boundaries around the type of work I'm doing, and not get pulled back into projects much at all - just delegate and toss people advice while I eat popcorn and watch from the sidelines, heh).

dblaace

• Bristles
« Reply #1362 on: August 17, 2021, 07:25:53 PM »
According to Alexa I have 99 days days remaining.

Ladychips

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1363 on: August 17, 2021, 09:18:48 PM »
According to Alexa I have 99 days days remaining.

Double digits day is a very good day!

mindfulrun

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1364 on: August 22, 2021, 07:12:24 AM »
You can drop me from this cohort. I put in my notice in March, but the company really didn't want to lose me. They said I could redefine my job, and have the freedom to do it when and how I wanted. I transferred my team and customers to my replacement and was finally able to take some time off. My phone rarely rings after hours and I only have a few emails when I boot up my computer in the morning - a drastic change from six months ago. Work has been more rewarding and orders of magnitude less stressful. So, instead of being on the lean-FIRE route, I'll continue to work until it's no longer satisfying - then I'll hang it up (but in a much better financial situation).

"FU money" is real!

Best of luck to all of you on your journey!

AO1FireTo

• Stubble
« Reply #1365 on: August 22, 2021, 07:28:03 AM »
You can drop me from this cohort. I put in my notice in March, but the company really didn't want to lose me. They said I could redefine my job, and have the freedom to do it when and how I wanted. I transferred my team and customers to my replacement and was finally able to take some time off. My phone rarely rings after hours and I only have a few emails when I boot up my computer in the morning - a drastic change from six months ago. Work has been more rewarding and orders of magnitude less stressful. So, instead of being on the lean-FIRE route, I'll continue to work until it's no longer satisfying - then I'll hang it up (but in a much better financial situation).

"FU money" is real!

Best of luck to all of you on your journey!

This is great, you could post this in the "FU Money" tread too.  What a great position of power.

LightTripper

• Handlebar Stache
  • Rural Londoner. Lazy workaholic. Confused.
« Reply #1366 on: August 23, 2021, 03:29:30 AM »
Agree this would be perfect for the FU money thread.  Congratulations!

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #1367 on: August 23, 2021, 03:49:44 PM »
Regrettably I am going to give into the OMY syndrome, we are FI (3.6 WR) but I want to see what is going to happen when my wife’s term is up next year.

It is a combination of not being able to travel like I want with COVID, winter around the corner and wanting to have the house paid off a month or two before her term is up so we having nothing holding us back.

The picture should start to become clearer after the first of the year as her job should start indicating if she will be hired or moved to a grant plus we will just be returning from an exploratory trip to Costa Rica that will hopefully result in us relocating.

Damn that was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy jane

• Bristles
« Reply #1368 on: August 23, 2021, 08:17:40 PM »
Even though I officially retired June 8, today was the first day of school where I used to work. I celebrated by going to a noon exercise class and by sitting on the patio drinking home brewed ice tea with lemon. I posted earlier how I was looking forward to sleeping in. That doesn't seem to be in the cards. I still wake up around 6 every day. Posting this as I get ready to turn off the light. At least I don't have to go to work tomorrow when I get up.

asauer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1369 on: August 24, 2021, 12:40:12 PM »
All- I have caved to OMM syndrome.  I just hired someone for my team and I want to make sure they have some time to fully grasp the job before I leave.  I won't do that to someone.  So, 9/30 is my new done date.

Aethonan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1370 on: August 25, 2021, 11:19:04 AM »
Regrettably I am going to give into the OMY syndrome, we are FI (3.6 WR) but I want to see what is going to happen when my wife’s term is up next year.

Good luck fixer!  You're still in a great position to be flexible and set work boundaries, so hopefully this next year is a net positive for you emotionally, as well as financially!

Crazy jane, enjoyed your update :)  Weekdays without work are the best!

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #1371 on: August 25, 2021, 11:53:05 AM »

Good luck fixer!  You're still in a great position to be flexible and set work boundaries, so hopefully this next year is a net positive for you emotionally, as well as financially!

Crazy jane, enjoyed your update :)  Weekdays without work are the best!
Thanks, I almost put in my resignation almost 24 hours after posting this due to yet another exposure with a positive COVID individual at work.

I believe this is the 4th time since March of 2020 that I have had a significant exposure with a confirmed positive individual that they have failed to notify me or notified me a week + later. Countless close calls and who knows how many they never told me about.

Only way I found out was a co worker from another state telling me that everyone in his area was being tested due to attending a function at my location where one of the participants went home early sick and tested positive. Meanwhile I am going about life having no idea someone I was in the same room with, same bathroom, same break area multiple days was sick and tested positive.

The carelessness and disregard is what really angers me, I accept that I could be exposed out in daily life that is why I was vaccinated but it just makes me so mad that they do not tell anyone or take any precautions. We had people from multiple states attending, catering buffet style, no masks and a low percentage of people are vaccinated where I work so who knows how many are taking it back with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy jane

• Bristles
« Reply #1372 on: August 25, 2021, 02:12:01 PM »
Thanks AETHONAN. They actually texted me asking if I wanted to sub this week. I said go ahead and put me in the system, but I don't plan to accept any assignments anytime soon. I will eventually pick up a day or two once and a while. I do miss the kids and having lunch with my coworkers.

Aethonan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1373 on: August 25, 2021, 03:10:50 PM »
Ha, crazy jane that's pretty funny because it was about 5 weeks after I left my job that I got asked to do some PT work for former employer.  Still doing a bit of it now (thought probably not for much longer)!  Funny how things work out... good luck with your decompression and future relaxed gigs!

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1374 on: August 27, 2021, 10:24:26 AM »
I am rejoining the 2021 cohort!  Put me back on the list.  No solid date yet, but probably late October or November. 

I actually started the 2021 cohort list back in 2016, so I'm just going to take credit for all of you getting to FIRE.  You're all very welcome :)

It's been a long 5 years. 

Ha, crazy jane that's pretty funny because it was about 5 weeks after I left my job that I got asked to do some PT work for former employer.  Still doing a bit of it now (thought probably not for much longer)!  Funny how things work out... good luck with your decompression and future relaxed gigs!

Are you even allowed to post here any more now that you're working again? :)

Aethonan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1375 on: August 27, 2021, 11:35:42 AM »
Welcome (back) to the cohort @dougules

Are you even allowed to post here any more now that you're working again? :)

Yup, 100% hypocrisy... or at least until I finally manage to overcome that combination of guilt and greed and drop the lingering PT work (soon! very soon!).  I guess showing up here is some motivation ;)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1376 on: August 27, 2021, 02:58:35 PM »
I love this thread! Glad you've returned from the Dark Side, @dougules! It's looking like DH is going to make this cohort after all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1377 on: August 27, 2021, 04:48:21 PM »
I officially told my director I wasn't going to stay on after December (and my lease ends then too, hoping to spend the rest of the winter somewhere warm). My last day will be 12/15, and I will be aged 40 years and 1.5 months.

Well Respected Man

• Stubble
« Reply #1378 on: September 01, 2021, 05:34:55 AM »
I'm confirmed; my last day was 8/6.

So far, it just feels like I've been on vacation, because we've done some traveling, and my wife hasn't been working. With school starting, she's back to work, and I'll find out what my day-to-day and week-to-week life will be like (right after this quick long weekend in Quebec). We also have some new annual cycles that we're just starting, so it will really take a few years to figure out how this will work.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1379 on: September 01, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »
@ScreamingHeadGuy my current age is 52 so FIRE age was 50, not sure if you calculated that for your stats. I also wanted to post that I was ahead of the original date due to some weird circumstances. I was involved in an auto accident while on a business trip. So while I wasn't working and contributing I did still have income.

Aethonan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1380 on: September 02, 2021, 09:38:55 AM »
Congratulations Well Respected Man and Morning Glory!  It must feel so good.

Quick update here: As Dougules suggested, I may be a FIRE failure already :)  I was just about to step out of the last remaining PT projects I'd picked up to help out old employer, when a friend offered me new PT work that is actually socially valuable... like the kind of thing I actually intrinsically care about and want to work on.  Would I do it for free?  Nope.  But I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.  I think there's a 30% chance I'll actually last more than a month or two, but we'll see!

I guess that's the freedom FIRE provides: to try something for the sake of it and feel zero pressure on whether it works out!

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1381 on: September 02, 2021, 11:41:42 AM »

Quick update here: As Dougules suggested, I may be a FIRE failure already :)  I was just about to step out of the last remaining PT projects I'd picked up to help out old employer, when a friend offered me new PT work that is actually socially valuable... like the kind of thing I actually intrinsically care about and want to work on.  Would I do it for free?  Nope.  But I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.  I think there's a 30% chance I'll actually last more than a month or two, but we'll see!

I guess that's the freedom FIRE provides: to try something for the sake of it and feel zero pressure on whether it works out!

That's not FIRE failure; it's FIRE success. 

LightTripper

• Handlebar Stache
  • Rural Londoner. Lazy workaholic. Confused.
« Reply #1382 on: September 02, 2021, 12:30:26 PM »
Definitely success!  The idea is freedom to choose and it sounds like that's exactly what you've got!

Dreamer40

• Bristles
« Reply #1383 on: September 02, 2021, 05:53:38 PM »
After 183 days of FIRE, I just accepted some paid work. Lol. Whoops. Just when I felt like I was really getting into a good groove, someone wants to send me some freelance work. It’s something that I always thought maybe I’d want to try, but never knew how to make happen. And is unrelated to the career I left behind. More related to a hobby I’ve cultivated over the years. I was hesitant to accept because I didn’t want this to interfere with the life I’m enjoying. So I told him that I’m available in a very narrow and limited time window, which he’s fine with. Oh. Well, ok, let’s give this a try. If I hate it, I don’t have to keep doing it. But it’s nice (so far) to interact with new people. And now my 6-year-old niece won’t think I’m such a deadbeat. :)

In other news, my post-retirement gardening projects are literally bearing fruit. Early March was a great time to quit! It’s so satisfying to be eating and preserving my first harvest. I just cleared some yard space for fruit trees to put in next spring. Can’t wait to expand the project even further.

Malee55

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1384 on: September 03, 2021, 04:02:04 PM »
Once I finish my 3 1/2 months paid leave I plan to do some casual work, not stop work altogether. But that is enough for me to say I am retired. I am retired from living my life around work. I will choose when I want to work and how often I want to work. So stopping work and then doing what you want to do, even when that involves getting paid, still fits in.

Aethonan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1385 on: September 04, 2021, 08:40:53 AM »
Nice plans Dreamer40 and Malee55!  Appreciate the validation :)

Much Fishing to Do

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1386 on: September 05, 2021, 07:12:01 AM »

That's not FIRE failure; it's FIRE success.

THat sounds like a perfect FIRE to me.  Of course, I'll always be in trouble with the FIRE police as I'm keeping my grade school crossing guard that does pay me something. I probably would do it for free (I give more in charitable contributions than the job makes in a year, so I tell myself it goes to that), but too much potential liability in a job like that for me not to take the local govt employee position officially.

I like how it frames my day but uses so little of it (45 mins including commute in morning, same in afternoon) makes me go outside even in bad weather, makes me interact in my friendly community, doesn't involve staring at a computer screen, and gives me one additional feeling of purpose in life (the position was unfilled for a year before I took it, but in the past year I grabbed a kid on a scooter that was about to shoot out into fast moving traffic).  And as long as my youngest is still in the school district its not preventing me from traveling, as its by definition only on the days he's in school.

To be in a position to take a crappy paying but otherwise awesome job, but yet still financially support my family well is a winning destination in my book.

billy

• Bristles
  • fired at 39 since 2021
« Reply #1387 on: September 07, 2021, 05:41:30 AM »
Please add my to the FIRE list, I finally pinned a date, my last working day is 10/7/21. My wife and I saved up enough to sustain us for 10 years until my modest pension will kick in. She plans on firing in about a half a year from now.

Dreamer40

• Bristles
« Reply #1388 on: September 07, 2021, 11:20:02 AM »
And… I already the quit the freelance job I was supposed to start today. Even though it’s something I always thought I wanted to do, I was dreading it all weekend. And having panic attacks seeing emails related to it coming in over the weekend. It turns out that I REALLY resent the idea of professional obligations of any kind right now. Maybe that will change and the door is still open to future work. But instead of sitting at my desk this afternoon, I get to go swim in the river with my niece and her other auntie. And then assemble a worm composter. I’m surprised that I don’t want to do this job at all. But I’m going to go with my gut! It’s weird and wonderful to be in a position to turn down work.

Ladychips

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1389 on: September 07, 2021, 12:35:00 PM »
And… I already the quit the freelance job I was supposed to start today. Even though it’s something I always thought I wanted to do, I was dreading it all weekend. And having panic attacks seeing emails related to it coming in over the weekend. It turns out that I REALLY resent the idea of professional obligations of any kind right now. Maybe that will change and the door is still open to future work. But instead of sitting at my desk this afternoon, I get to go swim in the river with my niece and her other auntie. And then assemble a worm composter. I’m surprised that I don’t want to do this job at all. But I’m going to go with my gut! It’s weird and wonderful to be in a position to turn down work.

I LOVE that you listened to your gut.  Yea you!

Aethonan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1390 on: September 07, 2021, 07:57:01 PM »

Ha, good for you!  That's awesome that you listened to your inner voice and are renewing your joy in post-work life for now!

XGE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1391 on: September 08, 2021, 06:12:17 PM »
Hello, Everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on the forum and have learned a lot from all of the discussions over the years.  So, I finally decided to sign up for an account.  I'm in the final months of wrapping up my government career on 31 December 2021.  I'm really looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life!

Ladychips

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1392 on: September 08, 2021, 08:01:24 PM »
Welcome @XGE !!!  And congratulations!!!

snowball

• Bristles
« Reply #1393 on: September 09, 2021, 11:58:07 PM »
@Much Fishing to Do, that school crossing guard job sounds awesome.  Maybe I'll find something like that eventually.

As of now, I am no longer full time!  I'm down to two workdays per week until my last week in November.  Exactly 18 working days remaining!

I am still feeling a little bit of stress over getting some final things wrapped up at work, but I've set down much of the mental load and I feel so much lighter!  Now that I'll only be working part-time, I'm looking forward to really getting ready for moving out of the country + downsizing my possessions (to one suitcase + carryon + a box I'm shipping to my sister).

Items on today's agenda:  napping and cuddles with the kitten I'm fostering, lol.  It is proceeding as planned.  Kitten is pleased the human appears to be staying home today, unlike the Terrible Times of Earlier In The Week when All Day No One Was There To Give Cuddles.  (All Day.  ALL DAY.  It was Made Known to the human that this was an issue...perhaps human did not understand, and finally figured it out.  Humans often do need a lot of repeated, patient communication before they get the picture.)

CarolinaGirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1394 on: September 10, 2021, 04:07:51 AM »
Today is it for me!   Woohoo!!!!  Ending a 23 year career in banking and looking forward to the future!  5pm can’t come fast enough!!!!!  I honestly couldn’t have done it without all the encouraging posts I’ve read over the past 5 years to other posters.  (I’m more of a lurker).  What’s weird is that I’ve left every job I’ve ever had but this time it was a bit scary.  Can’t wait to see what happens next in my life. :)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1395 on: September 10, 2021, 07:32:50 AM »
Today is it for me!   Woohoo!!!!  Ending a 23 year career in banking and looking forward to the future!  5pm can’t come fast enough!!!!!  I honestly couldn’t have done it without all the encouraging posts I’ve read over the past 5 years to other posters.  (I’m more of a lurker).  What’s weird is that I’ve left every job I’ve ever had but this time it was a bit scary.  Can’t wait to see what happens next in my life. :)
Yippee! Welcome to the rest of your life!

dblaace

• Bristles
« Reply #1396 on: September 10, 2021, 08:19:45 AM »
Congrats!

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1397 on: September 10, 2021, 04:53:20 PM »
Congratulations!!!

4tify

• Bristles
« Reply #1398 on: September 11, 2021, 08:12:54 AM »
I pulled the trigger and will be out next month. Done :)

Dreamer40

• Bristles
« Reply #1399 on: September 11, 2021, 09:23:40 AM »
Hello, Everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on the forum and have learned a lot from all of the discussions over the years.  So, I finally decided to sign up for an account.  I'm in the final months of wrapping up my government career on 31 December 2021.  I'm really looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life!

Woo hoo! I’m also a (former) government employee. Congrats on wrapping stuff up! I hope your last months go smoothly. My exit process was a bit of a disaster but it’s so great to come out the other side.

And congrats to all the others retiring lately. It’s great to see those announcements keep trickling in. I love hearing how the decompression process goes and how people spend their newly freed-up time.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!