Author Topic: 2019 fire cohort  (Read 793057 times)

Enigma

• Bristles
Re: 2019 fire cohort
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2016, 05:22:26 AM »
Can anyone planning to FIRE in 2019 share some of their numbers?  Net worth, savings rate, annual spend, invested assets (stocks and bonds), rental property & income (if any), mortgage (rate and amount left), kids?, etc...

I am sure I am an outlier...

Current Net Worth (Assets - Liabilities): $990k US
Current Retirement Accts (Stocks/Bonds): 130k (currently maxing IRA/401k)
Current Savings Rate: 60% (ish)
Avg Spend (3-4k/month)
Taxable Invested Assets (Stocks/Bonds): 1k growing slowly (Retirement growing rapidly)
Rental property: 1.1Mil (money not tied down goes)
Mortgage Left: 270k @ 5% (meaning 75% of rental properties paid off)
Rental Income: 15k/month, Insurance/Taxes/Repairs 6-7k/month, mortgage 3k/month
6-Fig IT Computer job in DC area (HCOL area)
 *Master's degree + 15 IT certifications + 8 yrs of experience

No kids or sig other
Aggressively paying off my rental property mortgage with every penny not glued down. eFund is nothing more than leveraging a 0% APR credit card (excellent credit) or not paying extra principal towards my mortgage

Thedividebyzero

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The divide by zero
2016 YE update
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2016, 02:10:49 AM »
Thought I would drop an almost-year-end update on the Zero's progress towards a July 2019 FIRE.

Thanks to a continued rising tide of stock valuations, we are now projecting to achieve FI a few months ahead of our target.  If we can keep this going for another couple years, I might just hit the magic number before my 46th birthday!

I still feel uneasy with what appears to be an overvalued US market and fully expect the Trump effect that seems to be influencing the markets to vaporize once people realize just what a mistake we have made in electing this buffoon, but hey, may as well enjoy the optimism while we can. 

NW = $935K USD
Monthly Gain = $35K
FIRE Target = $1.5M USD
SR = ~75%
Projected FIRE = April 2019

As much as I hate watching the news these days, I will be paying close attention to just how many changes appear in the offing for the ACA.  Significant changes to the ACA will certainly be cause for a re-examination of our FIRE plans.

Happy Holidays and best wishes!

- Zero

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2016, 06:06:53 AM »
Although I originally was aiming for November of 2019 I think now I could easily do it when I turn 59 1/2 so May of 2019. The difference in my monthly pension amount if I waited those six months is really negligible and I'm thinking when I am that close I won't want to wait. I'm already obsessed and there's still 2 1/2 years to go!

:0 )

=-) It seems to happen to many of us that our time to RE grows shorter as we gain more experience doing what's needed to make it happen. A good market helps, too.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2016, 06:08:26 AM »
Can anyone planning to FIRE in 2019 share some of their numbers?  Net worth, savings rate, annual spend, invested assets (stocks and bonds), rental property & income (if any), mortgage (rate and amount left), kids?, etc...

I am sure I am an outlier...

Current Net Worth (Assets - Liabilities): $990k US
Current Retirement Accts (Stocks/Bonds): 130k (currently maxing IRA/401k)
Current Savings Rate: 60% (ish)
Avg Spend (3-4k/month)
Taxable Invested Assets (Stocks/Bonds): 1k growing slowly (Retirement growing rapidly)
Rental property: 1.1Mil (money not tied down goes)
Mortgage Left: 270k @ 5% (meaning 75% of rental properties paid off)
Rental Income: 15k/month, Insurance/Taxes/Repairs 6-7k/month, mortgage 3k/month
6-Fig IT Computer job in DC area (HCOL area)
 *Master's degree + 15 IT certifications + 8 yrs of experience

No kids or sig other
Aggressively paying off my rental property mortgage with every penny not glued down. eFund is nothing more than leveraging a 0% APR credit card (excellent credit) or not paying extra principal towards my mortgage

What is your target $ goal? Also, does your NW include money paid for houses?

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2016, 05:49:36 AM »

My target $ goal is more of a "Pay off all mortgages & be debt free" which should be right around $1.4Mil US.  I have had $966k in loans to date with all but $270k paid off.  My NW does include money paid for properties.  I have a link to my financial journey below which I plan to update at the end of Dec.  Also my NW does NOT include where I am currently living (primary residence an apartment in the DC area).

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/enigma's-personal-financial-journey-and-goals/

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2016, 11:42:42 AM »
I guess this my home for now, although maybe it'll be 2018 if good markets and good luck at work hold out.

Currently I am thinking June 2019.

We just ticked off 80% of FIRE target...... or we are at 100% if we commit to spending 20% less lol....... or we are at 96% if we take a 5% WR..... or we could live in a cheaper home.... etc etc

Whatever way we look at it not too much further to go and options aplenty!

If we continue through to 2019, I'll be 47 and my DW 41. Certainly more than enough years spent enduring office politics. Almost time to devote energy to something else.

VoteCthulu

• Bristles
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2016, 09:32:07 AM »
End of 2016 update.

Investable Assets (all numbers in thousands of USD).
272 in 401k
118 in Roth IRA
7 in HSA
81 in taxable
Total is 478

Debt
122 remaining on mortgage.

Budget for 2016
42 Savings
20 Taxes
19 Mortgage
13 Living expenses
2 Non-annual expenses (a car this year, a roof a few years ago, probably a water heater soon, etc.)

So to make my retirement goal of $500k and a paid off mortgage in less than 3 years from now, I'll need another $144k. If I keep my savings rate the same and get any investment returns, I should hit it sometime in 2019.

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2016, 02:10:23 PM »
Hoping in! 56% of the way there, hope to be FI oct 2018 and RE Mar 2019!

SamIAm38

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2016, 02:26:59 PM »

That's crazy, I'm at 55-56% too.

Anybody else hoping for a stock market dip next year to help get to those 2019 goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2016, 02:33:30 PM »

That's crazy, I'm at 55-56% too.

Anybody else hoping for a stock market dip next year to help get to those 2019 goals?

I could go for 2016 over and over, Big dip in February before a huge run up? sign me up! Also good to see the percentages match up haha

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »
55%-56% of desired stache already saved....

It's pretty impressive that you will save 44% of your retirement Stache in the last 2 years of working. I thought I was being optimistic aiming for to accumulate 20% in 2 years.

20% of 25x annual spending is 5x annual spending. I will be happy if I can save 5 years of spending in just 2 years. Maybe I am being too conservative on the growth I can expect on my exisiting stache.

Of the 44% remaining to be accumulated, what will come from new savings versus investment returns?

SamIAm38

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »

It's pretty impressive that you will save 44% of your retirement Stache in the last 2 years of working. I thought I was being optimistic aiming for to accumulate 20% in 2 years.

20% of 25x annual spending is 5x annual spending. I will be happy if I can save 5 years of spending in just 2 years. Maybe I am being too conservative on the growth I can expect on my exisiting stache.

Of the 44% remaining to be accumulated, what will come from new savings versus investment returns?

How are you projecting your growth? I'm trying to be conservativish, what I have been doing is project 7% interest a year for my current stash plus whatever I invest. So I'm only planning for market growth for my current sum. Projected just short of the total sum I'm wanting, trying to do it that way on purpose to keep me focused and motivated.

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 08:28:14 PM »
I do have a spreadsheet, but Am on my phone....

Basically, I have 20x saved already. If that is invested for 2 years at 7%, it will increase by around 15% so that gets me to 23x. I have a saving rate of about 50%, so in 2 years I will save 2 years of spending. That Means I will go from 20x to 25x in 2 years.

To go from say 14x to 25x in 2 years most probably means your savings rate is far more than 50%.

One other thing I would caution on is that if 7% is the gross return then you will need to adjust your expenditure forward by CPI for the 2 years as well. If 7% is the real return, then fine.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2017, 04:03:50 AM »
OK -- I'm in!  Target FIRE date = 8/1/19.  Possibly a few months earlier . . .

We are at 77% for our stash goal, which is $1.1M  ($750k investments plus $350k paid off house equity).  Stash is in 401k, Roth, 457, and taxable.  Should give us enough of a "mix" for good early withdrawal options. 

We are the travelin' kind.  As soon as we FIRE we are hitting the road for three months to celebrate.  If the dollar is still doing ok against the Euro we are going to Europe.   

Thanks for this thread!!   When I count the number of days or weeks it seems far away, but when I read all these posts it cheers me up to no end. 

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:20:53 PM by Trifele »

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »
Welcome aboard Trifele. 2019 is gonna be one fine year!!! We will be traveling extensively too, but
Mostly in Central America.

Played with my spreadsheet today. Lol.

We will see what happens in the next 2 years. We will either finish up in Dec 18 or June 19. DW is a teacher so we'll finish at the end of a term.

We are targeting 25x, and if need be we will do some short term contract work Post Fire if the market doesn't deliver in the first few years.

Iplawyer

• Bristles
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2017, 08:35:19 AM »
That's one of the two parts of the ACA that Trump wants to keep, so I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Next year we'll see what actually gets changed, and anything that survives is unlikely to find a more harsh opposition after Trump.

I cannot even parse these words in any way to understand what you are saying.  But the first actions of Congress are starting and they are dismantling ACA.  And if they keep things like pre-existing conditions  - insurance companies will go out of business without subsidies to account for taking people with pre-existing conditions.  I think health insurance is going to be the single biggest issue I face in looking at ER. And - probably a few others here. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:41:29 AM by ddmesser »

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »
It was stupid of the Democrats to pass the ACA without a single republican vote.  They should have expected when the Republicans took control they would get rid of it.  The Dems should have had a more bi-partisan plan that both sides agreed on.  Get rid of it...  I want something that both sides of the table can agree on.

Iplawyer

• Bristles
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »
It was stupid of the Democrats to pass the ACA without a single republican vote.  They should have expected when the Republicans took control they would get rid of it.  The Dems should have had a more bi-partisan plan that both sides agreed on.  Get rid of it...  I want something that both sides of the table can agree on.

It was "stupid" to get insurance for over 20 million people that did not have it?  I disagree.  At that point the two parties were not working together just like the republicans won't work with the democrats when they repeal the ACA without any replacement.  I've always been blessed to have very good insurance.  Many have not been so blessed.  And I don't want a handout - I just want the ability to buy good insurance.  I could not do that before the ACA if I had not been working. 

I hope you like what the republicans do now - and it is guaranteed not be a bi-partisan plan.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2017, 05:14:45 AM »
Welcome aboard Trifele. 2019 is gonna be one fine year!!! We will be traveling extensively too, but
Mostly in Central America.

Played with my spreadsheet today. Lol.

We will see what happens in the next 2 years. We will either finish up in Dec 18 or June 19. DW is a teacher so we'll finish at the end of a term.

We are targeting 25x, and if need be we will do some short term contract work Post Fire if the market doesn't deliver in the first few years.

Thanks, Itchy!  I am very excited.  We are worried about what the ACA changes are going to do to our health insurance expenses, but we'll just have to wait and see . . .  I suppose a worst case scenario is working a bit longer . . .

HBFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Homebrewed FI
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »
Hi everyone.  First time poster, long time MMM forum lurker who has decided to throw my lot in with the 2019 cohort.  I'm targeting 12/31/19 at this point, which would put me a 38 years old.  I've actually been on the FIRE path since I was 24, but had no idea this community even existed until a about 2 years ago.  The inspiration and knowledge gained from reading this forum, MMM and various other bloggers has reshaped my view of what I "need" to RE.  Before I found the FI community I thought I'd be plugging away for another decade from now.  But by focusing on the expense side of things and not just income/investing, I've stripped that down to three years (I reserve the right to make that two years :)

I'm technically "bare bones" FI today, meaning I could cover the basics of my current lifestyle.  I'm planning to pad the stache a little more over the next few years.  Targeting a 3-3.5% SWR (I prefer ranges for variance allowance). I know that's overly conservative, but it's my personal 'sleep at night' range.  I look forward to taking (continuing?) this journey with everyone.  Cheers!

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2017, 09:18:57 AM »
Welcome HBFI!!  Our 2019 group is gaining momentum! 

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »

How are you projecting your growth? I'm trying to be conservativish, what I have been doing is project 7% interest a year for my current stash plus whatever I invest. So I'm only planning for market growth for my current sum. Projected just short of the total sum I'm wanting, trying to do it that way on purpose to keep me focused and motivated.

Gosh, maybe I am too conservative. I've calculated 5% growth. From time to time, I'll run scenarios at 7-8%, which I think would be more likely.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2017, 09:27:56 PM »
Well, this is strange. I had dinner with a friend who told me he plans to retire the same year and month as me. I am decades younger. I wonder how he'll react.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2017, 09:31:45 PM »

My target $ goal is more of a "Pay off all mortgages & be debt free" which should be right around $1.4Mil US.  I have had $966k in loans to date with all but $270k paid off.  My NW does include money paid for properties.  I have a link to my financial journey below which I plan to update at the end of Dec.  Also my NW does NOT include where I am currently living (primary residence an apartment in the DC area).

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/enigma's-personal-financial-journey-and-goals/

Thank you for the additional info. I'm so nosy/curious.

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
Well, this is strange. I had dinner with a friend who told me he plans to retire the same year and month as me. I am decades younger. I wonder how he'll react.

I guess he will be happy to have a golf/ tennis/( any other fun activity of your choosing) partner.

VoteCthulu

• Bristles
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »
That's one of the two parts of the ACA that Trump wants to keep, so I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Next year we'll see what actually gets changed, and anything that survives is unlikely to find a more harsh opposition after Trump.

I cannot even parse these words in any way to understand what you are saying.  But the first actions of Congress are starting and they are dismantling ACA.  And if they keep things like pre-existing conditions  - insurance companies will go out of business without subsidies to account for taking people with pre-existing conditions.  I think health insurance is going to be the single biggest issue I face in looking at ER. And - probably a few others here.
Nothing has passed yet, but I do expect them to dismantle the ACA, it's just a question of what will be kept and what will be thrown away. Trump said he liked and wanted to keep some parts of the ACA, so we need to wait and see what actually happens rather than become alarmed at drafts still being made. Whatever parts of the ACA not repealed in the next year or two are unlikely to be repealed later, since the Republicans could easily lose the Senate.

Healthcare could certainly be our biggest hurdle, but we won't know until they actually pass the legislation.

Was that easier to parse?

Livingthedream55

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »
The market has done so well I now have 97% of my "stache!" saved!

I still need to wait two years to let my pension percentage creep up to where I want it to be and I want to continue working till 2019 to pay off DD's college tuition but I'm so close to FI now - woohoo!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:07:12 AM by Livingthedream55 »

VoteCthulu

• Bristles
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »
Awesome! It's exciting to cross that FI threshold and realize you don't have to work anymore if you don't want to!

When I put my numbers together this year I realized that I could fire right then if I sold my home and moved someplace cheaper, and that security changed my attitude at work: I'm only working for something specific I want instead of just another day of paying the bills.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2017, 10:17:48 PM »

We just ticked off 80% of FIRE target...... or we are at 100% if we commit to spending 20% less lol....... or we are at 96% if we take a 5% WR..... or we could live in a cheaper home.... etc etc

Haha. That sounds verrrry familiar.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2017, 10:19:08 PM »

I guess he will be happy to have a golf/ tennis/( any other fun activity of your choosing) partner.

Could be! I experienced some snark and grumpiness from him at dinner, so I have a feeling it won't be a rosy time when he finds out. Just seems to be becoming a grump.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2017, 10:22:09 PM »
Awesome! It's exciting to cross that FI threshold and realize you don't have to work anymore if you don't want to!

When I put my numbers together this year I realized that I could fire right then if I sold my home and moved someplace cheaper, and that security changed my attitude at work: I'm only working for something specific I want instead of just another day of paying the bills.

Yep! If we moved to another country, we could both stop working now. If we stay in the HCOLA, then one of us must keep working. I do not like it, but one must compromise in marriage.

My attitude has changed. When I get nervous, I remember the numbers and feel better.

luckyme13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2017, 02:53:46 PM »
I'm joining!  It's official and on the internet now so I can't back down.

12/31/2019 goal date but we might wait to ensure we get end of year bonuses as someone else pointed out.
My husband and I will be 45; son will be 6 years old
NW=$1.329MM currently.  Debt is $313k in two mortgages.  One primary and other is rental.   Trying to sell rental as it's out of state and a PITA. 
We plan to move to a lower cost of living area in the next year and reap some good gains on our home sale as we live in a very "hot" market.
I plan to stop working and spend more time with son.  Husband actually likes his job so he is thinking about working 20 hrs a week to cover our living expenses.  Once son goes to public school this will help tremendously as we spend an exorbitant amount on our mortgage and child care currently.
Goal is $2MM NW so we are in hyper-savings mode.  Kicking myself that I didn't start aggressively saving earlier and pre-child but we had a lot of fun and no regrets.  Retiring at 45 will still be pretty awesome.

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »
Sigh.....

This getting to FIRE is not easy.

I am having a bad week at work, so of course looked at my calculations to see whether I really need to continue to endure these bad weeks (thankfully not every week is so bad), but instead of reducing my number, I concluded it needed to be increased!!!!

I had not allowed for income taxes, which is a pretty big miss. My taxes will definitely  be far less post FIRE, but not zero. I wish!  I have decided I need to increase my number by 10% to create a pool of funds for taxes.

And with a firm FIRE date in mind I have adjusted my spending to be a bit more honest on inflation between today and FIRE. Costs will surely go up.

My FIRE number is getting massive! :(

I still hope to get there in 2019, but will need decent returns on my current stache to get there.

In my new calculations I have dropped from being at 20x to around 17x. Not what I wanted to read after getting a new hole torn in my rear by my boss.

I think I will need the full 3 years to get from 17x to 25x, so let's say my date is now 31 December 2019.

Three more years. Sh&t!!

trix76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2017, 09:08:34 PM »
Sign me up! I'm aiming for late 2019 (October or November), when I'll be 43.5 years old. I *may* opt to do a little consulting work, but will primarily be focused on slow travel in South America and beyond for at least a few years, with my SO whose FIRE date is April 2019.

Current numbers (mine only, as we keep our money separate) are:
NW = $550K USD
FIRE Target = $900K USD
SR = ~80%
Annual spending= $30K
Projected FIRE = April 2019

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2017, 04:02:52 AM »
Welcome aboard Trix!  2019 is going to be a mighty fine year!

Itchy -- hang in there man.  You can do it.  Party at my house if we all FIRE by the end of the year.  :)

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2017, 10:37:22 AM »
Sigh.....

This getting to FIRE is not easy.

I am having a bad week at work, so of course looked at my calculations to see whether I really need to continue to endure these bad weeks (thankfully not every week is so bad), but instead of reducing my number, I concluded it needed to be increased!!!!

I had not allowed for income taxes, which is a pretty big miss. My taxes will definitely  be far less post FIRE, but not zero. I wish!  I have decided I need to increase my number by 10% to create a pool of funds for taxes.

And with a firm FIRE date in mind I have adjusted my spending to be a bit more honest on inflation between today and FIRE. Costs will surely go up.

My FIRE number is getting massive! :(

I still hope to get there in 2019, but will need decent returns on my current stache to get there.

In my new calculations I have dropped from being at 20x to around 17x. Not what I wanted to read after getting a new hole torn in my rear by my boss.

I think I will need the full 3 years to get from 17x to 25x, so let's say my date is now 31 December 2019.

Three more years. Sh&t!!

Ugh. That stinks! Sorry.

On the bright side, better to know that now instead of later.

Any chance you can look for a new job?

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2017, 03:31:52 AM »

Ugh. That stinks! Sorry.

On the bright side, better to know that now instead of later.

Any chance you can look for a new job?

The bad week is behind me. Onwards and upwards. We will see how 2017 plays out.

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2017, 09:33:15 PM »
For us 2017 was once in play.  Then the election happened, now with health care uncertainty we're in a holding pattern.   We're now over 100k past the minimal NW I'd set several years ago.   I've also lowered expected rate of return to 5% and rate of withdrawal to 3%.  That would yield anout 80k annually and allow 50k spending.   No current debt so we could survive well on that besides the health care wildcard.

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »
Ok, Feb has arrived. How far did the first month of 2017 take us towards a 2019 FIRE?

Well, I don't want to brag too much, but I had a great Jan financially achieving a NW increase of around double what I need/ hoped for to get to my target in 2019.

Feb looks like it will also be a good month as well (as long as markets stay steady), as I will get paid a pretty decent bonus from my employer.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2017, 01:27:25 PM »
Ok, Feb has arrived. How far did the first month of 2017 take us towards a 2019 FIRE?

Well, I don't want to brag too much, but I had a great Jan financially achieving a NW increase of around double what I need/ hoped for to get to my target in 2019.

Feb looks like it will also be a good month as well (as long as markets stay steady), as I will get paid a pretty decent bonus from my employer.

Nice!   Way to go.   :)

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
For us January was a slightly "down" month in terms of NW increase.  We took a very-long-preplanned two week vacation . . . but that was figured into our FIRE date already, so we are still on track. . .   

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2017, 08:43:26 PM »
Yeah, we need to book some airfares this month, which might slow the progress slightly. All budgeted for of course ;-)

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2017, 11:29:47 AM »
UN:Age at
FIRE
Target
Date
MissNancyPryor50Mar-19
Roboturner30Mar-19
Livingthedream5559May-19
cerat0n1aMay-19
dude54May-19
SamIAm3829May-19
oldtoyotaJun-19
Itchyfeet47Jun-19
Enigma39Jul-19
Thedividebyzero45Jul-19
TrifeleAug-19
RetirementDreamingSep-19
VoteCthuluOct-19
trix7643Oct-19
markbike528CBX55Dec-19
HBFI38Dec-19
luckyme1345Dec-19
PhilBTBD
ParizadeTBD
madamwitty36TBD
LowerbillsTBD
ChrissyTBD
GerardTBD
getoutsoon52TBD
ysette9TBD
elaine amj40TBD
IplawyerTBD
BateauxTBD

Let's go 2019! feel free to add/update when necessary!

Chrissy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2017, 01:21:10 PM »
UN:Age at
FIRE
Target
Date
MissNancyPryor50Mar-19
Roboturner30Mar-19
Livingthedream5559May-19
cerat0n1aMay-19
dude54May-19
SamIAm3829May-19
oldtoyotaJun-19
Itchyfeet47Jun-19
Enigma39Jul-19
Thedividebyzero45Jul-19
TrifeleAug-19
RetirementDreamingSep-19
VoteCthuluOct-19
trix7643Oct-19
markbike528CBX55Dec-19
HBFI38Dec-19
luckyme1345Dec-19
PhilBTBD
ParizadeTBD
madamwitty36TBD
LowerbillsTBD
Chrissy42Dec 2019
GerardTBD
getoutsoon52TBD
ysette9TBD
elaine amj40TBD
IplawyerTBD
BateauxTBD
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:25:13 PM by Chrissy »

VoteCthulu

• Bristles
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »
For completeness of the above list, I'll be 39 in 2019.

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »
Most Righteous Alias Age at
FIRE
Target
Date
MissNancyPryor50Mar-19
Roboturner30Mar-19
Livingthedream5559May-19
cerat0n1aMay-19
dude54May-19
SamIAm3829May-19
oldtoyotaJun-19
Itchyfeet47Jun-19
Enigma39Jul-19
Thedividebyzero45Jul-19
TrifeleAug-19
RetirementDreamingSep-19
VoteCthulu39Oct-19
trix7643Oct-19
markbike528CBX55Dec-19
HBFI38Dec-19
luckyme1345Dec-19
PhilBTBD
ParizadeTBD
madamwitty36TBD
LowerbillsTBD
Chrissy42TBD
GerardTBD
getoutsoon52TBD
ysette9TBD
elaine amj40TBD
IplawyerTBD
BateauxTBD

Updated, corrected formatting.

Thanks Roboturner for starting this.
I had goals of doing this,but I was going to wait till 2018.

I chose Most Righteous Alias instead of User Name, as I was temporarily channeling "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure".
Feel free to change it to something more serious.

I always think of UN # as  a hazardous transportation code, mmmm.... maybe that's an idea  for another column?

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »
I would love to play, but sadly the only way I could FIRE by 2019 would be winning the lotto ;)

I feel like I'm in 5 of these cohort threads, but it's honestly due to the unknowns between now and the goal.

Theoretically in a best case scenario, I could be very barebone FI by New Years Eve 2019. Which would cover rent, food, health, trans, and pretty much no discretionary spending.

Feel free to kick me out if I don't meet the criteria!

As of 2/1/2017 I am 11X current annual spend, 16.5X barebone FI spend.

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2017, 08:59:44 PM »
There it is, all formalised in a table. June 2019. Locked and loaded. No backing out now.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »
FIRE
Target
Date
MissNancyPryor50Mar-19
Roboturner30Mar-19
Livingthedream5559May-19
cerat0n1aMay-19
dude54May-19
SamIAm3829May-19
oldtoyotaJun-19
Itchyfeet47Jun-19
Enigma39Jul-19
Thedividebyzero45Jul-19
Trifele52Aug-19
RetirementDreamingSep-19
VoteCthulu39Oct-19
trix7643Oct-19
markbike528CBX55Dec-19
HBFI38Dec-19
luckyme1345Dec-19
PhilBTBD
ParizadeTBD
madamwitty36TBD
LowerbillsTBD
Chrissy42TBD
GerardTBD
getoutsoon52TBD
ysette9TBD
elaine amj40TBD
IplawyerTBD
BateauxTBD

Updated, corrected formatting.

Thanks Roboturner for starting this.
I had goals of doing this,but I was going to wait till 2018.

Added what my age will be at FIRE . . .

PhilB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2017, 10:20:43 AM »
FIRE
Target
Date
MissNancyPryor50Mar-19
Roboturner30Mar-19
Livingthedream5559May-19
cerat0n1aMay-19
dude54May-19
SamIAm3829May-19
oldtoyotaJun-19
Itchyfeet47Jun-19
Enigma39Jul-19
Thedividebyzero45Jul-19
Trifele52Aug-19
RetirementDreamingSep-19
VoteCthulu39Oct-19
trix7643Oct-19
markbike528CBX55Dec-19
HBFI38Dec-19
luckyme1345Dec-19
PhilB53Jun-19
ParizadeTBD
madamwitty36TBD
LowerbillsTBD
Chrissy42TBD
GerardTBD
getoutsoon52TBD
ysette9TBD
elaine amj40TBD
IplawyerTBD
BateauxTBD

Added mine in too.  The precise date moves about between 'maybe I'll stay on part time?' and 'exactly how long is my notice period?' depending on how my work day goes!

The maths says I should go now.  My knowledge of my own psychology says I'll sleep easier if I stick it out for a nice big financial comfort blanket.  My target, post-fire, monthly budget is best expressed as £1k for bills, £1k for living, £1k for having fun and £1k just in case.  The fact that the first three numbers already have loads of fat doesn't alter my irrational need for the fourth one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:27:28 AM by PhilB »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!