Author Topic: 2018 State of the Pump  (Read 2236 times)

Enough

• Stubble
2018 State of the Pump
« on: January 30, 2018, 05:40:03 AM »
Every year I compile and analyze a bunch of data on the daily driver vehicle collected from fuel receipts with the odometer reading at the time. 

This year I thought it would be fun to type it up in a report format and share it at the same time as the State of the Union.  I'm often disappointed with the data that politicians present in major speeches (it's usually manipulated or cherry picked to not tell the full story).  I guarantee that this report does not employ such tactics. 

It may not be data that you want, but it is data you can trust.

Report attached, preview below:

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
Re: 2018 State of the Pump
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
I am going to show this to a process control engineer I work with, to show him that he could be doing better about making charts about everything around him in his life.

Enough

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »
I am going to show this to a process control engineer I work with, to show him that he could be doing better about making charts about everything around him in his life.

Well, couldn't we all? haha

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »

Well, couldn't we all? haha

Sure, but he's obsessive about it. I want to see the gears start whirring in his mind, with all the things he could do with this data. He would appreciate the good natured jab :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!