Author Topic: $5,000/yr + side hustles?  (Read 17014 times)

sun and sand

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: $5,000/yr + side hustles?
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2019, 12:48:55 AM »
I have started one that is even better than the one hosting language students. I host AND teach the language students. This pays me $700 per week plus $100 for airport pick up. If they are under 18, I get an additional $100 for the week.  It is a lot of work -- 15 hours of teaching each week, but the money is worth it.  Hopefully, it will pick up as I get a student only every other month.
How did you get involved with that?

I found a company on the internet that works with an agency in Japan. I applied, a representative came to my home and now I teach the students.  The company recruits retired teachers and actually is short on teachers.
    Google 'living with a teacher' or 'language schools'.

Missy B

• Pencil Stache
Re: $5,000/yr + side hustles?
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2019, 11:12:37 PM »
Wow. I'm one of the strange people who likes putting together flat pack furniture! I can get paid for that? I'm interested in learning some of the details on how you got started.

Did you need insurance, if so how did you go about it? Do you need to provide any warranty period?

Are you getting it shipped to you and then delivering it? Or are you going to their house and constructing it?

There was a bit in the '100 Side Gigs' Chris Gullbreau(?) book about someone doing exactly this. They picked up the furniture and put it together. They (she -- was a woman) had a particularly good starting niche because the delivery charges in her area were often 3X the price of the bookcase.