Author Topic: Vanguard SIPP to launch in early 2020  (Read 638 times)

celticblue

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Vanguard SIPP to launch in early 2020
« on: December 01, 2019, 04:12:22 AM »
Hi,

Been waiting for them to launch this for a while. The details are on their website. Did not want to put them here in case it was assumed to be spam by a Vanguard employee. It seems to match their low cost ethos. Am intending to switch to them ASAP. Am I missing any hidden negatives? What do you all intend to do?

never give up

• Handlebar Stache
  • Not spending like there is tomorrow
Re: Vanguard SIPP to launch in early 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:25:43 AM »
Good spot celticblue. Itís been a while coming. It looks good to me. Iím sure Monevator will have an article soon which will cover the pros and cons.

My ISA is with them though and from a platform/provider risk perspective it doesnít feel right to have all my investments on one platform so I am unlikely to switch my current pension to them as well. If I was 18 again and starting from scratch I would be tempted to have a SIPP with them and ISAís elsewhere.

Depending on your exact situation Iím sure it will be a great low cost way of investing your SIPP funds.

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:26:42 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! I shall be taking a keen interest.

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 01:02:04 AM »
I'm... kinda underwhelmed after waiting so long. There are cheaper options for me if I stick to ETFs and then I'm not limited to Vanguard funds.

frugledoc

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 01:31:32 PM »
I'm... kinda underwhelmed after waiting so long. There are cheaper options for me if I stick to ETFs and then I'm not limited to Vanguard funds.

Yeah, me too.  HL is £45 capped for ISA and £200 capped for SIPP

cerat0n1a

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »
Doesn't the cap also include the fees for the Vanguard funds themselves? Not having the fee structure for the withdrawal aspects yet makes it hard to make a fair comparison for anyone close to wanting to take money out of a pension.

shelivesthedream

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 01:25:00 PM »

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 12:20:16 AM »
Doesn't the cap also include the fees for the Vanguard funds themselves? Not having the fee structure for the withdrawal aspects yet makes it hard to make a fair comparison for anyone close to wanting to take money out of a pension.

Oh, that does make a difference. The lack of drawdown and exit costs is a definite plus (but I'm a long way from needing that).

frugledoc

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 12:20:50 AM »

That would make it more attractive but think it includes the fund/etf fees