Author Topic: Water Week  (Read 1435 times)

Tel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Water Week
« on: November 02, 2014, 04:16:33 AM »
I've been a very weak mustachian and my unhealthy and costly habits have creeped back in. So after looking at how much I have spent on coffee and flavoured milk drinks lately and punching myself in the face, I've decided to set myself a challenge.

This week, 12am Monday morning to 11.59PM Sunday night I will drink nothing but tap water. No take away coffees ($4.50 AUD each), no coffee flavoured drinks ($3 AUD each) and no instant coffee or drinks at work ($0 but not free in regards to my health). I haven't drunk soda in years and I've never been a fan of juice, but I won't drink tea as I would find it too tempting to put some sugar or milk in it.

I've also just finished the last of my alcohol I have in the house. I don't really consider myself a binge drinker or an alcoholic, but I was finding I was coming home after work and having a couple of drinks for no other reason than habit, boredom and it's what the Australian culture expects of me.

I'm throwing down the gauntlet to my fellow Mustachian's to join me in this quest. I'm estimating about $70 of savings a week, or $303 of savings a month, or $3640 a year! Plus I bet my hayfever will disappear. (I'm also doing a nothing but home cooked meals challenge as well, but I don't want to mix topics.) I'm hoping after a week I can carry this on indefinitely.  Fingers crossed.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Water Week
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
Sounds good - I'll join you.

Tel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Water Week
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:44:44 AM »
Update Day 1:

So at the end of day one I've felt a lot of cravings for caffeine, and also the consumer itch to spend money habitually. But so far so good. I've also felt the need to drink a lot of water. I've drunk about 3 x 750ml bottles today and feel like another, this is in an office as well not in the field in the sun. I'm not sure if this is a side effect of caffeine withdrawal.

I know Friday will be a temptation since I will be on client location and will have access to free espresso coffee.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!