Author Topic: Use up or get rid of your crafting/project supplies in 2014  (Read 22318 times)

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
Re: Use up or get rid of your crafting/project supplies in 2014
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2014, 08:02:44 AM »
Oh man, I saw this thread and immediately said "Shit, they're calling me out! Through the power of Internet Telepathy they KNOW I've been mulling over doing this lately!"

Unlike I think everyone else in this thread my crafting stuff is related to miniature wargaming (Warhammer 40k) and making miniature terrain to play it. It takes up a lot of space and I haven't played in about 2 years, so it's decision time.

By the end of 2014 I vow to either:

1. Resume the hobby, finish painting my existing minis, and get cheap entertainment out of my sunk costs.
2. Finish painting my existing minis, and then sell off my army and sell/donate/trash all remaining supplies.
3. Sell my army as it currently exists, and sell/donate/trash all remaining supplies.

I hate to admit this but I even bought an expensive airbrush that I've NEVER used! I'm not sure whether to keep it and learn how to put it to good use, or sell it. But what I *won't* let it do is sit around collecting dust for another year!

My fabulous but tiny craft room contains my craft supplies (fabric, yarn, scrapbooking gadgets, scrapbooking embellishments, sewing machine, UNFINISHED projects) and SO's warhammer. And the polystyrene we couldn't possibly throw out because he might use it! I hate polystyrene! He hasn't touched it in years, he loves his computer games more. Now that I think of it, it might be aspirational clutter. Like my euphonium (but that holds its value better, or at least that's what I tell myself).

Goal by the end of the year: everything fits neatly into the room, and any current projects should be completed. I'll make a project list tomorrow...

San

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2014, 07:36:30 AM »
I'm going to try to combine this challenge and the gift making challenge. I planned a lot of my holiday gifts this year around supplies I already have in the house, instead of getting an idea and then purchasing the supplies. I shouldn't need to get much to be able to do all of my holiday crafting, and I'll use up a bunch!

dorothyc

• Stubble
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2014, 09:57:22 AM »
I need to inventory my yarn, and find something to do with a large trash bag full of unidentified yarn, mostly shades of white and some wool, some acrylic (I think).

You probaby already know this, but you can do a burn test on a small length held with tweezers - wool chars to soot, acrylic melts to a hard bead. Google for fuller instructions.

San

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2014, 11:01:45 AM »
Oh man, I saw this thread and immediately said "Shit, they're calling me out! Through the power of Internet Telepathy they KNOW I've been mulling over doing this lately!"

Unlike I think everyone else in this thread my crafting stuff is related to miniature wargaming (Warhammer 40k) and making miniature terrain to play it. It takes up a lot of space and I haven't played in about 2 years, so it's decision time.

By the end of 2014 I vow to either:

1. Resume the hobby, finish painting my existing minis, and get cheap entertainment out of my sunk costs.
2. Finish painting my existing minis, and then sell off my army and sell/donate/trash all remaining supplies.
3. Sell my army as it currently exists, and sell/donate/trash all remaining supplies.

I hate to admit this but I even bought an expensive airbrush that I've NEVER used! I'm not sure whether to keep it and learn how to put it to good use, or sell it. But what I *won't* let it do is sit around collecting dust for another year!

I sold off my army, unpainted pieces and a handful of non-warhammer minis about 2 years ago - over 5 years AFTER I was no longer playing. It was a tough decision, but worked out for me. It's an EXPENSIVE hobby, and I am super lucky in that the hobby shop near me gives really good value for things they will purchase, especially if you'll take store credit instead of cash.

KatieSSS

• Bristles
  • "Because of your badassity, babe!" - My GoudaMan
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »
I'm the best at making baby blankets, and stick to two main patterns. These two: http://chucksforchancho.com/2012/09/01/chunky-crochet-baby-blanket-tutorial/ and http://singlesimplestudio.blogspot.com/2013/06/broom-baby-blanket-tutorial.html.

I now have three baby blankets in reserve and am looking for some new, simple ideas. Any suggestions?

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 12:39:15 AM »
Bump - It's July!  6 months to go...  We did some house rearranging, and have a huge pile of stuff to haul for donation.  I haven't really done any projects this month, but did put together a box of fabric to get rid of.  I've also been trying to spend a little quality time with my spinning wheel, which I guess counts as crafting, and I kind of made a page for the kiddo scrapbooks.  By kind of, I mean I glued some photos to a sheet of cardstock and put the dates underneath, but it's something.   

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:35 AM »
You asked for baby blanket ideas, so I'll tell you what I do.  I found a simple shell stitch in crochet.  Basically it is 3 double crochet in one stitch, skip 2, single crochet, skip 2, 3 double crochet in one stitch.  After the second row you are doing the 3 double crochet in the single crochet in the row below, and the single crochet in the middle of the 3 doubles.  For a baby blanket I just finished I cast on about 125 stitches of 4-ply (not bulky, but you could modify for that...), and crocheted for 2 skeins worth, about 35" x 35".  I'm not sure, think I used a J hook.

I'm working on a sweater now, but I'm thinking I'll use up my no-name yarn stash by making some crochet yarn rugs, probably holding a couple of colors together.  I've never done that, but what the heck.  I have a lot of yarn to use up.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 07:16:47 AM »
I made a Victorian bustier this week, all with materials I had on hand.  Between that, and other projects, I'm gradually using up things that I have.  I also made a pizza scarf a few weeks ago with yarn I already had.  Not sure what I'm going to do with that one, it may end up being a gift for someone with a sense of the ridiculous. 

KatieSSS

• Bristles
  • "Because of your badassity, babe!" - My GoudaMan
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
You asked for baby blanket ideas, so I'll tell you what I do.  I found a simple shell stitch in crochet.  Basically it is 3 double crochet in one stitch, skip 2, single crochet, skip 2, 3 double crochet in one stitch.  After the second row you are doing the 3 double crochet in the single crochet in the row below, and the single crochet in the middle of the 3 doubles.  For a baby blanket I just finished I cast on about 125 stitches of 4-ply (not bulky, but you could modify for that...), and crocheted for 2 skeins worth, about 35" x 35".  I'm not sure, think I used a J hook.

Ooh, thanks for that! I have a hard time visualizing it, but I'll just follow your instructions and see if I can get it to look like what you describe.

ETA: I've been a baby-blanket-making machine! Using up tons of yarn. This is also because there are a lot of great shows on Netflix and I feel compelled to crochet while watching TV. Makes me feel productive and gives me an excuse to validate my TV watching :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:22:47 PM by KatieSSS »

Doomspark

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
Can I play?

With me, it's models.  I used to buy them, work on them for a couple of weeks and then get distracted. I've got about 20 model ships in various stages of building.  After moving twice, most of them are missing pieces.  I'm planning to trash all the plastic models and keep the wooden ones and try to replace the missing pieces.

NVDee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »
One new summer skirt completed with material all found in my sewing room.

Another skirt made with new material but lining and all notions were used up from previous purchases.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
My husband finally got around to making a hanging display rack for my horseshow ribbons.  It looks great and cost about $15 in materials rather than buying a similar rack for $80.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »
This past week I went through my "to do" project bin, you know: the one that's been ignored for like 2 years, and finished over half of the projects in there.  I also decided to give up on some of the remaining things.  So my "to do" bin went from overflowing to less than half full.

Woot! 

Best part is a lot of this stuff will be worn now.

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2014, 01:48:24 PM »
About three years ago I went through my craft stuff and donated it to charity.  I finally decided that I had bought a bunch of it to be "aspirational".  I'm big on vision, but fail in the implementation department.

I also decided that it's more realistic to have a couple of hobbies you're really into and focus time on them.  For me, I decided on gardening/landscaping, cooking and preserving, and running.  I don't beat myself up over the things I cannot do anymore.  Each of us only has so much mental bandwidth.

Garage sales don't go over big in my town, but I've had great sales when I focus on certain types of items.  Lots of people are into gardening and canning in my neck of the woods, so when I've had focused "garden sales" I've made a nice haul.  Perhaps you could do the same with your craft supplies.

I also found it helpful to snap photos of better items and put them up on a website/blog beforehand so people could preview the items. 

starbuck

• Bristles
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2014, 08:54:27 AM »
I've been steadily working on this for the last 18 months. I inherited a TON of sewing materials from my grandmother in law, because I'm the only one that sews in the family. She had some really great stuff, but she had so much of it. It's been fun to see the packaging on sewing notions from the 40s and 50s. I gave a bunch away to a friend that sews, but it was only a small portion of what I have. I probably have about 70 spools of thread still.

So I swore off from buying any new materials (especially fabric) until I made a sizable dent in what I have. I'm finishing up my second baby quilt for a friend, and my jar of empty wooden spools is filling up nicely. I've been surprised at the quality of the old thread. Very few breaks!

For the most recent baby quilt I had to to buy batting and fabric backing, but I bought JUST the right amounts and didn't end up with any leftover materials. The quilt front is all from my current fabric stash. The piles are finally shrinking! Finally!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2014, 06:07:18 PM »
I started spinning in the late 70's and stopped because the fiber available was horrible.  Now there are wonderful fibers - all sorts of wool breeds, llama/alpaca/cashmere/mohair/silk, etc., and every time I go to something I come home with more to spin.  I have decided to put a moratorium on new purchases until I have spun most (if not all) of what I already have.  Given that what I have is things like merino/silk blends, this is not a hardship.  But, no Twist festival this year - hold me to this!

Also, nothing new on the needles until at least half of what I have started is finished.  The Yarn Harlot is a bad role model.  Maybe I should take up weaving, it uses up yarn a lot faster than knitting does  ;-)

I did spin 200gm of a merino/firestar blend and donate it to a silent auction fundraiser - that was fun, and the girl who bought it loved it (she is a beginning spinner).  And I had the pleasure of spinning it and don't need to think about what to make with it. 

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2014, 06:24:03 PM »
Retiredat63 - I love spinning as well.  I have a huge bin of roving that I have yet to sit down and spin.  Corriedale, merino, alpaca, silk-merino blend, and even camel, in a rainbow of colors.  I keep hoping to find more time, because I love the relaxing aspect of spinning.   

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »
MicroRN

Those all sound lovely.  I have never tried camel - it is very short, I think?  Camels are related to llamas and alpacas, but I have no idea if the fibers are similar.  I am spinning BFL for the first time, it is very nice.  And Polwarth is lovely if you like a long fiber.

I find spinning to be very Zen.  It is like doing meditation.  I wish I was a more efficient knitter, since it is easy to end up with a lot more yarn than I can really use in any respectable time frame. 

I have to admit, I have no great moral superiority when I don't buy coffee out, or meals out, or all the other things we think of for extravagant spending on MMM, they just don't have much appeal for me.  But fiber - my best defense is not going near it.  I could easily blow $50-$100 at Twist, which is why I am not going.  I managed to "only" spend $30 at our last St. Distaff Day, an orifice hook and some Romney/BFL/mohair/silk which made a lovely fluffy yarn for a winter scarf.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »
Ohh... like sew that apron/artist smock I cut out a few months back? I bought such gorgeous fabric for it too. And I hate cutting it out, but seems taking out the sewing machine and setting up the iron is taking more effort this time. ha.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2014, 09:56:08 PM »
MicroRN

Those all sound lovely.  I have never tried camel - it is very short, I think?  Camels are related to llamas and alpacas, but I have no idea if the fibers are similar.  I am spinning BFL for the first time, it is very nice.  And Polwarth is lovely if you like a long fiber.

I find spinning to be very Zen.  It is like doing meditation.  I wish I was a more efficient knitter, since it is easy to end up with a lot more yarn than I can really use in any respectable time frame. 

I have to admit, I have no great moral superiority when I don't buy coffee out, or meals out, or all the other things we think of for extravagant spending on MMM, they just don't have much appeal for me.  But fiber - my best defense is not going near it.  I could easily blow $50-$100 at Twist, which is why I am not going.  I managed to "only" spend $30 at our last St. Distaff Day, an orifice hook and some Romney/BFL/mohair/silk which made a lovely fluffy yarn for a winter scarf.

The camel is pretty short.  I actually have two kinds - camel top and baby camel down (very fine, short, and springy).  Those are more of a curiosity, because I don't have enough to really make anything from, just 1-1.5 oz.

Love spinning, but I don't like crochet or knitting.  I either need to start weaving seriously, or find a knitter/crocheter to hand off my yarn to.   

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2014, 06:15:09 AM »
I got rid of a bunch of stuff, and then my friend died, and I inherited a bunch of her quilting fabric. I have a plan for selling it at an October flea market.

I have done well this year with "shopping my stash" when starting new fabrics. I also went through the two large drawers of yarn and admitted to myself that I really only like knitting baby things and washcloths, and got out most of my other yarn to sell.

If anyone wants me to send pix of what I have to sell, for pennies on the dollar, let me know!

It is hard, because I love Michaels, but staying out of craft stores is the best way for me to get a handle on the amount of fabric and yarn and other crafty goodness in the house.

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 06:40:34 AM »
I'm using up my small fabric stash by sorting it into the projects I haven't started yet. Anything not for a project and cotton will be used in making muffin and hand shaped oven mitts for Christmas, tying in nicely with the handmade Christmas 2014!

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2014, 11:57:40 AM »
This has been one of my goals for about two years now.  Not all of it--I don't really want to get rid of much, but I do want to actually start using my yarn that I have tons of and start making the projects I've been mulling over for a long time now. 
So recently I picked up a half-finished sweater I started knitting two years ago and didn't finish because I got pregnant and realized it would be a while before I could wear it anyway.  The second sleeve is half finished, then I just need to sew up the seams and knit the collar.  Slowly but surely I am chipping away at this one.
I'll have a decent amount of yarn leftover from it, however, so I'm planning to make a few toddler hats out of what's left.  I found a cute, warm pattern and I'm super excited to get started.  I'll make one for my daughter, and at least two for some friends.
My husband just mentioned last night that he couldn't find the hand warmers I knitted for him years ago.  If he still can't find them, I'll knit more.  It's a super quick project and should only take a few hours, but it will use about half a ball of yarn so hopefully I can use up an old one that way.
Later on: I have yarn that's been earmarked for more socks for myself, and I really should spend an hour and make another catnip cat toy for my little guy.  He's been getting really antsy whenever I sit down to knit because he wants one.  :)
If I manage to find the time, I also have a cross-stitch kit for a stocking that I've been meaning to make for my brother for years (even worse, it's a hand-me-down project from my mom, who decided she couldn't finish it!) that will take some time, but I really should work on it.
It's a good thing winters are long, cold, and perfectly suited to craft projects around here.

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2014, 07:08:54 AM »
I finished some Xmas bunting that's been waiting for a couple of years. There were some extra pieces, but I'm happy that the majority have been used! They got put back in the tub for later Xmas crafts. Tomorrow I've got a targeted shopping trip planned for finishing pieces for a few projects. Completion feels oddly uncomfortable. I think I need to get used to it.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »
We're getting ready to move, so I'm using that as an extra push to get rid of more fabric and things.  It's hard though.  A lot of the fabric, I had big plans for.  It's hard to accept that my life and hobbies have changed so that I'm unlikely to use it soon if at all.  I decided for now I'm taking the tote approach to the fabric and notions.  Of just fabric, I have 3 totes plus a huge cardboard box.  I'm going to trim the fabric so I can fit it into just the totes. 

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2014, 05:50:37 AM »
I found my DH's stash of patterns and fabric in the basement (Yes, he also has a sewing habit.)

So now I've started to use up his fabric.  The next goal is to get those things upstairs and consolidated into my crafting room.  This will take me using up a good amount of fabric.  In addition I will need to iron and organize all of his patterns; he has his patterns all cut out in muslin so they take up a good bit of space.  I will separate them and put one each in ziploc bags well labeled, that should help.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »
Hey everyone - it's OCTOBER!  That means there are three months left to the year.  It also means the holidays are coming up, which are a great time to use up crafting supplies.  Get knitting, sewing, painting, carving, soapmaking, or whatever else you do and make people awesome Mustachian presents that will also deplete your crafting stash.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
I love knitting, but often have no use for the finished product (especially lace, and I do love to knit lace). 

Any of you spinners want to send some yarn my way (with some extra), I'll return it in a different form... Link to my "will work for yarn" projects.

Elderwood17

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2014, 12:18:06 PM »
OK, I just found this thread and showed it to my wife.  She used to work in a scrapbook store and has a full room dedicated to her crafting stuff.  She read through it and concluded I had read enough of that Mustache guys website for a while!   Oops.

NVDee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2014, 04:58:53 PM »
Donated about 1/2 of my yarn stash to a friend who was interested in learning to knit.  Win-win in my eyes as she does not have to spend money to find out if she enjoys it or not,  I can relish in the idea that the yarn will finally get used.

One scrapbook to finish this week so I can give it to my nieces when I visit for Thanksgiving next weekend!

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
This weekend I sold a bunch of fabric, motions, and yarn at a flea market. I am using leftovers from old projects to knit a simple, seed stitch prayer shawl. Have two more border strips to sew on a quilt before quilting it.

Progress being made!

TRBeck

• Stubble
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2014, 08:04:41 AM »
Okay, this may be the push I need to unload the EOs and FOs left over from my soapmaking. I still make soap, but I have a narrow range of scents and ingredients I use and prefer now, so it's time to let go of, say, the spearmint oil. I will have to seek out a soapmaking forum in hopes of shedding the clutter. It's not an overwhelming amount. Time to make it happen.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2014, 08:47:36 AM »
I went on your Ravelry page - your knitting is beautiful.  I am falling in love with spinning - so far my excess hand-spun yarn has gone to charity fund-raisers, but in the future some may be going your way  ;-)  So far I have plans for everything I have spun, but I can see that changing as the stash shifts from fiber to yarn over the winter.  Spinning is so zen, so relaxing.

Actually I just finished some BFL (I like to try new breeds, it is spun but I still need to ply it), and don't like the colours.  I'm hoping I will like it better after plying.  If DD doesn't like it and my knitting neighbour doesn't like it, it will need a new home.  Or it will become an experiment in over-dying.

I love knitting, but often have no use for the finished product (especially lace, and I do love to knit lace). 

Any of you spinners want to send some yarn my way (with some extra), I'll return it in a different form... Link to my "will work for yarn" projects.

Lizzy B.

• Stubble
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2014, 01:28:19 PM »
Ok, I realized it’s a bit late in the year, but count me in.  I’ve already been doing a lot of this since when we moved to our current house I was embarrassed by the number of half-finished projects I had.

Since I’m starting the party late, I’ll list what I’ve done to date.

Restarted a 5 by 8 cross-stich, finished it, framed it, and gave it away as a housewarming gift.

Finished making guest napkins from this lovely batik fabric that I’d cut about 2 years ago but hadn’t actually sewn.

Finished a cute “retro” apron I’d started with my sister but never finished.  There was only 1 hour worth of work left.  Why I stopped we may never know.

Turned about 5 yards of red-velvet curtains into a cloak.  They’d been hanging when we moved in, and I hated them as curtains.  They make a pretty sweet cloak, though!  Now if I only had a time to actually use it…  I had to buy lining for this (didn’t have 5 yards of lining lying around) but the net effect was to decrease the volume of fabric; velvet takes up a lot of space!  I also get to lose the pattern that I’d been carrying around for an embarrassingly long time.

I crocheted a baby blanket with half yarn that I purchased and half that my sister had left over from a similar project.  This would have been great for using up extras, but I ended up having more left over than I’d gotten from my sister.  I guess I crochet really lose…  This extra yarn will be the hardest thing for me to get rid of since they’re half balls and in a weird shade of green… L  Dishrags?  Dog toys?  Ideas are welcome!

I’ve been using lots of little fabric scraps to make really simple drawstring bags that I use for wrapping gifts.  Just pop the gifts in, pull the string, and you’re ready!  This helps use up lots of the little scraps, but then I have to buy ribbon for the drawstrings and end up with tons of spools of ribbon…

Restarted some cross-stich Christmas angels that I’d had lying around since high school (yikes!).  I’ve gotten three done with the embroidery, and now I just have to finish them by backing them with felt.  That's this weekend's project.

I love this challenge idea!  You all might give me the strength I need to avoid the wonderful cross-stich store I just discovered.  Finish what I have… Finish what I have…

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
I'm impressed with all that you have done.  Maybe over-dye the wool?

I have a bunch of toe-up socks that are ready to do the heel - but I have not dredged up the courage yet.  I look at the patterns and my feet and don't think they match.  Time to look for other heel patterns, I guess.

This extra yarn will be the hardest thing for me to get rid of since they’re half balls and in a weird shade of green… L  Dishrags?  Dog toys?  Ideas are welcome!

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »

I have a bunch of toe-up socks that are ready to do the heel - but I have not dredged up the courage yet.  I look at the patterns and my feet and don't think they match.  Time to look for other heel patterns, I guess.

I love Cat Bordhi's tomato heel.  Youtube it for free.  She's...odd, but good.  First heel I've found that fits my (wide) feet.

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2014, 07:51:02 AM »
I finished some Xmas bunting that's been waiting for a couple of years. There were some extra pieces, but I'm happy that the majority have been used! They got put back in the tub for later Xmas crafts. Tomorrow I've got a targeted shopping trip planned for finishing pieces for a few projects. Completion feels oddly uncomfortable. I think I need to get used to it.
That shopping trip was a success, and now I have a finished steering wheel cover, just in time for summer! It had been sitting around for about 3 years.

zinethstache

• Pencil Stache
  • FIREd 1/27/2017
    • My FIRE Hobby and travel blog
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
I just finished up a large project for a local horse club. They asked if I could make some extra items that doubled the order, I said yes thinking it was a great opportunity to get rid of more crafting inventory this year. I also have a one-day work holiday bazaar I can attend this Friday and bring some my older finished inventory that hang out in my craft room taking up space. I'm not feeling up to it but I will get my hubby to help bring everything and he will unload it for me. It is going to be my last opportunity to purge the craft room before my surgery in December which will pretty much put me down and out through February of next year. My last and final opportunity for purging could be creating some handmade gifts for Thanksgiving. We won't be having a Christmas gathering this year because I will have just had surgery and won't be up to it. We will have all of the family over Thanksgiving day so I have a few weeks left to think of something clever to give everyone craft-wise. I make sterling silver jewelry, some casual base metal jewelry, hoodies and caps using my vinyl cutter and heat press, and this year, because of my back issues, I have revitalized my scrapbooking and card making hobby to help fill the time.