Author Topic: Use up or get rid of your crafting/project supplies in 2014  (Read 22317 times)

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
Use up or get rid of your crafting/project supplies in 2014
« on: April 09, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »
I just went through my crafting/project gear.  I have a smallish bin of soapmaking items that I've had for at least 5 years, another of embroidery patterns and partially completed projects (most of which I haven't touched in years), 6 totes and a toolbox full of fabric and notions for sewing, an entire tote of wool for spinning and felting, 2 banker's boxes of patterns, and another full of scrapbooking supplies, plus some picture frames, an embroidery frame I've never opened, wood to make a ribbon display rack, a completed small latch-hook rug that still needs to be backed, knitting and crocheting supplies, cloth diaper sewing supplies, and a bunch of books . 

Certain things I'll keep regardless, like some sewing notions, and the sewing machine, but the actual project materials are excessive.  Some items I can get rid of now, others are projects I'd really like to finish (like my babies scrapbooks, my 2nd kid's blanket, and a quilt for our bed).  I'm inventorying right now.  The projects that are planned or in progress, I have until the end of the year to complete.   

What project stuff have you been keeping around for years? 

Today:
Went through the patterns.  Tossed a bunch (early '90s fashion patterns or any missing pieces), picked out ones that are unused to donate, plus a stack of costume ones to send to a friend.  Patterns now fit in a single banker's box with plenty of extra room.  I picked out an embroidery pattern to start with and found all the bits and pieces.  I'm putting it where I'll see it, to remind me to work on it.  I also picked out the knitting and crocheting gear and will donate that, along with several books (knitting/crocheting, and some dollhouse furniture and accessory books).   

catccc

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Use up or get rid of your crafting/project supplies in 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
I should do this too.  I have a lot of fabric for who knows what.  I should just let my 5 year old at it and let her sew whatever she can...  I think fabric is mostly it.  I have some scrapbooking supplies that I haven't touched in years.

NVDee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »
I am in :)  Too many projects to name, including projects I inherited from my grandmother who passed away 15 years ago! 

I am very guilty of enjoying the planning/purchasing part of the projects only to become overwhelmed and put them away until I completely forget about them. 

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »
It is going to take a lot longer than 8 months remaining in 2014 to get rid of our project supplies, but I like the challenge.

We have 7 rooms full...we like starting projects (but very seldom finishing them)

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 07:47:39 PM »
I'm in. I have a quilt top I put together in probably 1980. No way do I have time to quilt it, but I will tie it by the end of 2014. It is a nine-patch made of corduroy, so would be hard to quilt anyway. I'll use purchased quilt batting in the middle, flannel for the backing, safety-pin it together and then tie it with yarn, for a heavy coverlet that will be useful next winter.

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 05:31:59 AM »
This is a good one! I've been working through some old, forgotten projects that emerged from the deep recesses of the house when I moved in January. 

momoneymama

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 03:08:01 PM »
I need to do this!

I have half a closet dedicated to crafting supplies... yet I only "craft" a handful of times a year. My 16 month old is getting to an age where we can make use of some of it - like the scrap book paper and stickers. Some of it I can bring to the office "junk sale".

Thanks for the inspiration/motivation!

Worsted Skeins

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 05:31:06 AM »
There is absolutely no way that I will use up or get rid of my craft stash this year--or even make a dent.  But I will say that life goes in stages and that I am in one now that allows for more crafting. Thus many of the gifts that I now give are something that I knitted or stitched. And along those lines I like having a stash of supplies, often from charity shops.  Zippers and buttons, for example, are not cheap.  I have a lifetime supply of vintage buttons that my husband picked up for me at yard sales; I buy zippers for a quarter at charity shops.

I have put myself on a yarn buying moratorium until I use up more in the stash. 

Nancy

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 06:25:09 AM »
Yes, I really need to finish a quilt to give to someone, and I only have 2.5 months to do it.

How about we use this thread to post weekly progress in stash reduction or project advancement? I'll make a rule for myself that I have to do one or the other each week.

Thanks for the inspiration, MicroRN!

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 11:44:59 AM »
Yes, I really need to finish a quilt to give to someone, and I only have 2.5 months to do it.

How about we use this thread to post weekly progress in stash reduction or project advancement? I'll make a rule for myself that I have to do one or the other each week.

Thanks for the inspiration, MicroRN!

I think it's a great idea, and that's mainly why I started the thread.  I need some accountability here :-)  I accumulate crafting supplies because I like the idea of crafting, but it's been ages since I've really done anything with most of it.  Realistically, I still expect to have some craft supplies at the end of the year, but I want to complete some projects and get rid of the things I know I just won't use. 

greaper007

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:15 AM »
Good idea.    I have a bunch of various lengths of wood left in the garage that my wife keeps yelling at me about.    I either need to make a ceiling rack, make something, or burn it.

CommonCents

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 09:14:23 AM »
I refuse to get rid of crafting supplies.  I have just bought a house and I'm excited to call one room my crafting room after all (and guest bedroom)!  But, I will try to finish up some projects I've started but not completed.  First up: A cross-stitch that is sewn, but not actually framed.  Sadly, a gift for DH...2 Christmases ago!

MissStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 09:22:34 AM »
I just moved, and took along ELEVEN giant rubbermaid containers of sewing supplies and fabric.  Part of it is for my little side hustle making historical hats and bonnets, but I'd be lying to y'all if I said it was more than two of those bins.  I'm a fabric hoarder!

I've set a goal for myself that this year I will not buy any new supplies or fabric, unless it is a very small item for a very specific purpose (like a spool of matching thread or somesuch). 

And a big goal is to finish some of my many half-finshed and abandoned projects. 

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »
This week:  Gave away the cloth diaper materials + patterns to a co-worker.  Been working on a cross-stitch project that has been unfinished for over 2 years. 

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »
Found 2 more boxes of fabric I'd forgotten about :-(  Need to do some major sorting. 

Fi(re) on the Farm

• Bristles
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 04:56:28 AM »
I have a ton of scrapbook supplies, embroidery projects that are half finished and sewing stuff I've been carting around for 20 years. We're planning on downsizing so this is the time to do it. Any ideas on where to donate scrapbook stuff?

KatieSSS

• Bristles
  • "Because of your badassity, babe!" - My GoudaMan
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 02:37:34 PM »
Oh I love this one! I'm in.

I have a limit to two drawers (small ones) of craft supplies and I've recently spilled over into about two more containers. I need to get this back to just two instead of four!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 04:45:26 PM »
My DD used to do beading - remember the beaded friendship bracelets?  She needs to come home and sort through all her stuff.  She can leave the things she wants here, she is still a student with tight housing, no space, but I would like to know what will leave eventually when she has space, and what should go now.  While she is doing that I can go through my crochet stuff, I don't do much crochet now (spinning and knitting are taking my time).

Nancy

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
So last week was a FAIL. I didn't quilt, so I will be giving away patterns at the library tomorrow. Then I will be coming home to quilt for at least an hour.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »
Ok... I have 4 unfinished cross-stitch and embroidery projects.  What do I do with them?  There's probably only one that I'm really even interested in finishing at this point.  I can't bring myself to throw them out...but they've been unfinished for YEARS...one for at least a decade...I can't honestly see myself completing them...and I can't imagine anyone else would want a partly done project.  I need to throw them away, don't I? 

Tell me what to do, internet strangers!

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »
Ok... I have 4 unfinished cross-stitch and embroidery projects.  What do I do with them?  There's probably only one that I'm really even interested in finishing at this point.  I can't bring myself to throw them out...but they've been unfinished for YEARS...one for at least a decade...I can't honestly see myself completing them...and I can't imagine anyone else would want a partly done project.  I need to throw them away, don't I? 

Tell me what to do, internet strangers!

Give them to the local charity store.  There is one in my town that is known for having fabric and craft supplies, so things like that have a definite chance of being bought and used here. 

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
I am in. I am going to use my quilting stash and not buy anything new until the Houston show in November. Will also get rid of supplies for crafts I no longer do. I sell things at a flea market a few times a year. It brings in a few pennies!

cats

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 12:36:25 PM »
I'm in!  I have been gradually winnowing my crafting supplies over the years but this year I really need to make a push to get them down.  My evolution (since about 2005) has gone something like:

1) Decided to focus specifically on one craft (for me, knitting).  If I'm not going to do a craft seriously, only buy supplies that are likely to get used immediately.  This does not work perfectly, but all of my non-knitting stuff (mostly paper) fits very neatly into one smallish box and it is handy to have supplies around for things like handmaking cards, so I'm okay with that.  The inflow/outflow of supplies seems to be balanced overall.

2) Got rid of all the crap yarn that I bought when I first started knitting and did not know WTF I was doing.

3) Stopped buying new yarn unless I was going to use it ASAP.  Stopped buying yarn online (sounds like an expensive decision, but the result is less yarn of higher quality, and overall MUCH less spending as there is no need to buy a large lot of something or meet a minimum requirement for free shipping or whatnot).  This marked the point where my yarn stash did slowly but surely start to shrink.

4) Moved.  Did another round of purging and sold off all the yarn that was good quality but no longer really my style.  Yarn holds its value surprisingly well and I was actually able to move the yarn out pretty quickly via Ravelry.

This past weekend I did another reorganization of my stash and have more yarn to list on Ravelry.  I just need to take photos (actually, now would probably be a good time for that!).

In terms of using stuff up, there seems to be a wave of pregnancies going around my workplace, so I've been making some baby things.  And my brother requested a sweater (using yarn I already had, yay!), so once that's done that will be a nice big chunk of yarn out of the house.

I'm planning on doing another stash review later in the year--there were a few things that I wasn't quite ready to get rid of this time, but I might feel differently about them then!

Carrie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 02:21:27 PM »
I'm going to set as my goal to finish all of my WIP (works in progress) quilts before YE.  I also need to start & finish a new quilt for my new baby (due late July).  I'm also going to try not to buy any more fabric.... (I've done really well at this for the past year, just bought some new fabric strictly for the baby GIRL quilt.)

So, I have one Bee quilt that is almost finished (will finish the quilting today & start binding over the next few days); I have one twin-sized quilt that I'd like to give as a graduation/going off to college gift for my sister (need it finished by August) -- this one the top is pieced, but it needs a back, to be sandwiched, pin-basted, quilted & bound.  I also have a queen-sized quilt top made that is for our own bedroom that needs a back, sandwiching, pin-basting & quilting, binding.  No deadline on this one, I'd just like it finished to get it on the bed.

I have two or three quilts that I've inherited from DH's grandmother in a half-finished state, and those are on the very bottom of the list.  I'd like to get them done just to get them out of the closet, but my unfinished projects & the new baby quilt come first.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »
DH and I both sew, so between us we have unreasonable amounts of fabric, supplies, notions, etc.

My goal by the end of the year is to get enough gone/used up/given away for everything that remains to fit into the one sewing room.

The hard part will be finding all of DH's things, they are spread about a bit.  Mine are pretty well organized, if excessive.

Nancy

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 07:18:14 PM »
Week 2: Success...sort of. I didn't quilt, but I started and completed a new cloth pad, and I put two patches on my jeans so they are wearable again (holes were in the seat).  The above also used up some scrap fabric that I've had for at least four  years so I'm going to call this a win. 

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2014, 07:31:19 PM »
I'm scared to join this challenge, but I know that I should. Okay. I'm going to do it. I have to use up as many craft supplies as possible and not bring any more into the house.

Nancy

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 07:33:25 PM »
I'm scared to join this challenge, but I know that I should. Okay. I'm going to do it. I have to use up as many craft supplies as possible and not bring any more into the house.
Welcome! You can totally do it!

the lorax

• Stubble
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 02:03:30 AM »
I'm in too - for my knitting stash. I used to be pretty good about only buying yarn for a project or two ahead but supplies have blown out in the last few years. This week I'm using up some odds and ends of sock yarn to make my son some mittens!

Gray Matter

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 05:38:09 AM »

Today:
Went through the patterns.  Tossed a bunch (early '90s fashion patterns or any missing pieces), picked out ones that are unused to donate, plus a stack of costume ones to send to a friend. 

You should have kept those '90s fashion patterns...now that the '80s have circled back around (neon, anyone?), the '90s are next up!  (Nothing makes you realize your age more than being seeing things you wore as a child and teen come back in fashion.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:35:43 AM by Gray Matter »

zinethstache

• Pencil Stache
  • FIREd 1/27/2017
    • My FIRE Hobby and travel blog
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 08:28:33 AM »
I just took out my 20+ year old stamp collection. Due to ongoing back issues I had to give up my major hobby and won't likely resume it any time soon. Because I already have 2 crafting side gigs in my studio, I was challenged to make room there for all of these old supplies. That meant PURGE time. I tossed ALL of my old pens and any ink pads that were questionable. Now for my stamps I have 5 boxes full of them. They are wood backed. Many are no longer the style I would ever use so I will be experimenting on them to convert them to cling stamps. I've watched a few videos on the process so I am sure it will be a success. Once I recover all that space and have my stamps in binders it will be smooth sailing.

In these boxes I discovered remnants of other crafts that I tossed. A few partially crochets projects with instructions and needles, toss.

Some very dated house stenciling supplies, toss.

And in that box with the stenciling supplies I found our long lost Nikon Camera. We misplaced it 15 years ago while moving and here is where it sat patiently waiting for us to find it. We have no need for a film only camera so I need to figure out how to get it a good home.

I did just sell the large items for the hobby I had to give up but still to be dealt with is a half a shed, a closet and a wall of large items. Unfortunately I need to be healthier to tackle that large heavy stuff.

Enjoy the cleaning, reorganizing, re-imagining all those crafts! I am fortunate to have a dedicated room to hold all my equipment and supplies in such a way that I can easily switch from one project to another. I still have lots of work to get it perfect (until I end up with another piece of equipment!)

Ayanka

• Stubble
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
Well I should be joining too... not that I have hobby stuff taking over the place and I only work on one project at a time, but slowly it is increasing. I am currently working on sewing the edge on a peace of fabric so I can hang it and call it a curtain. (Currently it is a non sewn peace of fabric hung by 2 ropes 3rd world style). I prefer to finish this one first for understandable reasons, I ll discuss what to do after.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2014, 08:58:14 AM »
I found a stack of 3 rubbermaid drawers while I was cleaning up the garage, and that's going to be my new notions/sewing supplies container.  More organized and less volume than the bins I'm currently using.  I'm picking through the trims and buttons I know I'm never going to use, tossing the hopelessly tangled threads, and consolidating scissors and things.  I may add one more drawer and squeeze my scrapbook stuff down to fit it.  I also made a couple cardboard strips to organize the ribbons that I'm keeping.   

I selected 4 lengths of fabric plus 4 pairs of rings for making baby slings, and I'm going to post those for sale.  If they don't sell in a few days, I'll give them away. 

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »
I finally came to a decision on my felting and spinning wool.  I bagged it neatly, took photos, and I'm listing it for sale at a relatively high price.  If it doesn't get any bites, that's ok, but if someone wants to pay me that much for it, I'll take it.  If it doesn't sell, then I'll see what I do with it over the year, and can re-list it for much less later. 

Nancy

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »
You're making excellent progress! 

Carrie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »
I finished my Bee quilt this weekend and plan to enter it in QuiltCon 2015.  It's fabulous!  I got all of the pieces cut for new baby girl quilt and will start piecing the top today/tomorrow.  I decided I'd get baby girl quilt made and then tackle another WIP, since I'd like to have the baby quilt done before baby gets here, and the other WIPs don't have hard deadlines.

Nancy

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 12:13:06 PM »
Week 3: Finished another cloth pad and patched another pair of jeans.

KatieSSS

• Bristles
  • "Because of your badassity, babe!" - My GoudaMan
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 02:45:47 PM »
Just finished a baby blanket that was in progress for a few months now. Next up - another blanket. This time the pattern is different, so it should be more entertaining.

socaso

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »
I've been working on this! Donated a bunch of old sewing patterns to Goodwill. Sorted through my giant bead collection and gave a huge bag of beads to a lovely woman I work with. That was a great move, she was so happy to get them it made me glad. Just today I realized I can sell my scrap leather on Etsy so I'm going to list that this weekend. I'll still have quite a lot of fabric and yarn but I'm happy with the progress I've made.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2014, 10:24:35 AM »
I've been making use of my felt stockpile to start a couple of "quiet books" for the kiddos to take in the car.  I sketched out 2 basic designs to begin, a farm and an ocean.  Not much real progress on them yet, but at least I have a plan for something useful. 

Sonorous Epithet

• Bristles
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
Oh man, I saw this thread and immediately said "Shit, they're calling me out! Through the power of Internet Telepathy they KNOW I've been mulling over doing this lately!"

Unlike I think everyone else in this thread my crafting stuff is related to miniature wargaming (Warhammer 40k) and making miniature terrain to play it. It takes up a lot of space and I haven't played in about 2 years, so it's decision time.

By the end of 2014 I vow to either:

1. Resume the hobby, finish painting my existing minis, and get cheap entertainment out of my sunk costs.
2. Finish painting my existing minis, and then sell off my army and sell/donate/trash all remaining supplies.
3. Sell my army as it currently exists, and sell/donate/trash all remaining supplies.

I hate to admit this but I even bought an expensive airbrush that I've NEVER used! I'm not sure whether to keep it and learn how to put it to good use, or sell it. But what I *won't* let it do is sit around collecting dust for another year!

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »
Oh man, I saw this thread and immediately said "Shit, they're calling me out! Through the power of Internet Telepathy they KNOW I've been mulling over doing this lately!"

Unlike I think everyone else in this thread my crafting stuff is related to miniature wargaming (Warhammer 40k) and making miniature terrain to play it. It takes up a lot of space and I haven't played in about 2 years, so it's decision time.

My husband's Warhammer miniatures are stored in his mom's garage all the way across the country.  I think he keeps hoping that eventually he'll get back into it.

Sonorous Epithet

• Bristles
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
It's sort of tough because 1) minis are still legal for use decades after purchase, and 2) when you paint them yourself, they stop being a commodity and become a personalized piece of custom artwork. If all my minis were still grey plastic, I'd probably sell them right off!

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »
It's sort of tough because 1) minis are still legal for use decades after purchase, and 2) when you paint them yourself, they stop being a commodity and become a personalized piece of custom artwork. If all my minis were still grey plastic, I'd probably sell them right off!

Why not embrace them as art then? You could finish them and sell them and either keep the money or donate it to an awesome cause like Child's Play.

I have been keeping up with the thread but not ready to wade in yet. I manage an art centre so I have a huge amount of spillover that has ended up at my house for lack of storage. I think my goal this year will be to go through all that stuff and see what needs to be kept, what can be used at the centre and what needs to be turfed.

Sonorous Epithet

• Bristles
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »

Why not embrace them as art then? You could finish them and sell them and either keep the money or donate it to an awesome cause like Child's Play.

I have been keeping up with the thread but not ready to wade in yet. I manage an art centre so I have a huge amount of spillover that has ended up at my house for lack of storage. I think my goal this year will be to go through all that stuff and see what needs to be kept, what can be used at the centre and what needs to be turfed.

That gave me an idea. I wonder if I'd let my Friendly Local Gaming Store display them in their display case. I think they may be worthy. Then they would be appreciated by active players, not clutter up my apartment, and could possibly be sold. Hmmmm!

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »
You know when you finally realize something that you should have realized years ago?  I finally tried needle felting wool onto acrylic felt, and it works.  Why didn't I learn this when I started doing fiber arts about 10 years ago?  No clue.  Most felters are so sneery about acrylic felt, it just never occurred to me to try.  However, I now have a great way to work on those quiet books and use some of my wool stockpile. 

Ayanka

• Stubble
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »
I did step one of my curtain making process: sewing seems to the edges, which is luckily the most work of the project. I will need to add the parts so that I can actually hang them, which shouldn't be so hard and then sew another peace so that they come the ground. I am however really proud that I got even so far by now. I really have to start thinking about buying a sewing machine on the long term if I keep sewing like this.

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2014, 12:24:16 AM »
It's a new month, so time to check in :-)  I finally made us a lightweight bedspread.  It was super easy - we have 4 Ikea duvet covers.  I picked one, and stitched a queen size quilt batting inside.  I've had the batting for probably at least 2 years.  Looks great, and it's the perfect weight. 

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »
I finished a baby blanket for a co-worker and his wife, baby isn't even due until September.  I'm known for started these at the baby shower and frantically working to get it done before the baby arrives.  I can now go back and finish my sweater I'm knitting.  I have the body up to the sleeves done, and the two sleeves done about 6" (knitting both at the same time via magic loop method).  I have a sweater I started 40 years ago, finished the knitting of it about 30 years ago, and just need to sew the side/sleeve seams.  My Mom saw it recently and really liked it and keeps asking me when I'm going to finish it.  Now it will fit her and not me, so that is on the radar to finish before the end of the year as well.

I need to inventory my yarn, and find something to do with a large trash bag full of unidentified yarn, mostly shades of white and some wool, some acrylic (I think).

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2014, 05:39:38 AM »
Ugh, I have been mega failing on this challenge.  I haven't touched any of my not started and half finished projects.  I've had mega baby fever and I keep buying yarn (cheap yarn at least) to knit baby things.  This has resulted in a giant stack of baby items (with no baby to wear or use them >.< ) as well as a whole lot of scrap yarn in all different weights and colors.