Author Topic: The Clean House Challenge  (Read 43030 times)

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
Re: The Clean House Challenge
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2013, 07:03:05 PM »
I never 'learned' how to clean growing up because my mother was a neat freak.. The vacuum would be run one to three times a day, dusting would happen almost every day, things always had to be cleaned up, etc..

Anytime that I would attempt to clean anything, it was never good enough and she would just end up re-cleaning it, so I always thought 'why bother' and just didn't clean, she'd get worked up and clean it anyways later. 

News flash: We have the same mother.

ichangedmyname

• Bristles
    • Luxe Frugality
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »
I did 2 UFYH challenges today :D I spend most of my day when I'm not at work on my desk at home (I know I should be more active) It's s cluttered so I fixed that today

Still have a ways to go...

tariskat

• Bristles
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2014, 12:34:03 PM »
That looks great!! I love when my computer desk is cleared off- it is very calming.

ichangedmyname

• Bristles
    • Luxe Frugality
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »
Thanks! I'm just glad I can move my mouse around a lot more :D

tariskat

• Bristles
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »
Haha. Thus making work more efficient, right? 😉;-)

ichangedmyname

• Bristles
    • Luxe Frugality
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »
LOL Yep. After I take out the garbage and wash the dishes in the sink, I'm calling today a win.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2014, 06:55:30 AM »
I've been doing UFYH. It's become habit, and I wanted to say that it really works. Our house is now never REALLLLLLY messy anymore. Doing a little bit every day is what works best for me. Yay!

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2014, 07:51:44 PM »
Did a spring clean on the weekend. Now I need to get in the habit of doing a little each day to keep it nice! I was thinking of using a kitchen timer (as per UFYH) and just doing a fifteen minute blitz every night.

abuzzyisawesome

• Stubble
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
I really like the idea of this, did Flylady back in the day but had the same problems as mentioned earlier in the thread. However, I think I am too old for tumblr. I just keep looking and clicking to see how this is cohesive and how it works.  Getting old sucks. #toooldtolearnthisshit

Cinder

• Bristles
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2014, 05:50:19 AM »
I really like the idea of this, did Flylady back in the day but had the same problems as mentioned earlier in the thread. However, I think I am too old for tumblr. I just keep looking and clicking to see how this is cohesive and how it works.  Getting old sucks. #toooldtolearnthisshit

The way I use most tumblr pages is to put them in my feed reader app (feedly), then I see them as if they were blog post updates!  I don't even have to know it's a tumblr

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!