Author Topic: Target FIRE: 2017  (Read 449868 times)

RedmondStash

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Target FIRE: 2017
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »
I may have to drop out of the class of 2017 because last week I applied for a job that starts Aug 2017. But the job is for an astronaut for the Canadian Space Agency.... so I count that more as an EPIC ADVENTURE than a 'job'.

Tomorrow I should find out if I make the first cut and get to take the entrance exam.

I don't expect to get the position this time around, but now I'm enthralled with the idea and want to go get my scuba certification, my pilot licence, and learn Russian, so I have a better shot at it next time around! Also, because those three things sound fun in themselves. :p

W00t! Sounds amazing. Good luck becoming an astronaut!

I've been thinking about the things I want to learn in retirement, like how to fly a plane & helicopter. Which is expensive. So I may have to work a wee bit longer to afford to indulge my interests. We'll see.

jack06

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #301 on: August 23, 2016, 05:56:00 AM »
I've been thinking about the things I want to learn in retirement, like how to fly a plane & helicopter. Which is expensive. So I may have to work a wee bit longer to afford to indulge my interests. We'll see.

I know exactly what you mean. Retiring opens a lot of doors, but SWR = limit to expenses, which close many more.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #302 on: August 23, 2016, 07:14:37 AM »

I know exactly what you mean. Retiring opens a lot of doors, but SWR = limit to expenses, which close many more.
I've already punted a few times on that, when I was having a good day at my job and felt like I didn't mind pushing FIRE out for the sake of various other goals. Lately, with morale in my division in decline, it's easy to second-guess, but I'm still generally standing by those decisions - they were all things that matter a great deal to me, and after 16 years in the workforce I think I can handle a few more months for the sake of bucket-list items.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #303 on: August 23, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »

My thought when I have this recurring dilemma is that it shouldn't be hard to find a seasonal, part-time, temporary fun job to do if I want to come up with a few thousand extra dollars to do something fun and outside my SWR budget.

Sure, I could stay and work an extra year or two now and earn a higher rate than I would in a casual job, but then I'd miss out on some time sensitive goals, just to earn more money which I may or may not need.

Some days it's a tough call. Other days it's obvious.

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
  • Chapter IV - A New ... er.. something
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2016, 09:14:25 AM »
nice job on cutting me out of that list people. do you know something that I don't?

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »
nice job on cutting me out of that list people. do you know something that I don't?
Wasn't me, but I restored the last one I found for you. You're welcome. ;)

MrsWhipple        January 1, 2017
FIRE me            January 3, 2017
Metta.               January 3, 2017
Zineth               January 17, 2017
MarciaB             January 31, 2017
rahby1us           January 31, 2017
Myhotrs             March 31, 2017
oblivion             March 31, 2017
Zephyr911        April 1, 2017
Jojo                  April 28, 2017
MandyM            May 1, 2017
Mrs. Pomodoro   May 1, 2017
Rachael             May 21, 2017
Jack06              June 1, 2017
Fairviewite         June 1, 2017
Romag              June 1, 2017
SwordGuy          June 6, 2017
RedmondStash   June 30, 2017
Charlie Foxtrot   July 1, 2017
UnleashHell   July 28, 2017
Freedom17        July 31, 2017
Cookie78           August 3, 2017
Jim2001            December 31, 2017
noble_goal         OMY

Freedom17

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »
Something weird has happened here. My date got changed as well.

RedmondStash   June 30, 2017
Freedom17        July 28, 2017
UnleashHell       July 28, 2017
noble_goal         OMY

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2016, 01:25:08 PM »
Something weird has happened here. My date got changed as well.

Editing these things can get a little tricky. Someone probably tried to update or add their own date, and something went wrong.

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #308 on: August 23, 2016, 02:46:47 PM »
Wasn't me, but I restored the last one I found for you. You're welcome. ;)

Dammit.
I was hoping for a severance package for this year instead.
or month.

Now I have to go work.

RedmondStash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #309 on: August 24, 2016, 10:02:52 AM »
I'm in the middle of a 1-week vacation. I enjoy my job and coworkers, but to my surprise, I don't miss them. Funny, because I figured I would.

I guess I really am ready for FIRE next year. Or maybe Monday. :)

rahby1us

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #310 on: August 24, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »

My thought when I have this recurring dilemma is that it shouldn't be hard to find a seasonal, part-time, temporary fun job to do if I want to come up with a few thousand extra dollars to do something fun and outside my SWR budget.

Sure, I could stay and work an extra year or two now and earn a higher rate than I would in a casual job, but then I'd miss out on some time sensitive goals, just to earn more money which I may or may not need.

Some days it's a tough call. Other days it's obvious.

I was thinking the same, here are some of the options on our "Maybe" work list:
Build and sell furniture/repurpose things from Craigslist
wait tables/bartend/retail
revisit my 1 summer's work of commercial roofing (get tan, get fit, hard work!)
trail clearing, landscaping, mover (i think the last 4would nearly always be options but also get old fast)
geographic arbitrage
sports ref (nights probably required)
instacart, uber (don't think it's worth the miles on my car though)
summer camp (will they hire a 30 y.o+ counselor, haha)
Buy a drone and shoot for real estate or construction proj
paid research studies
theater/game ushers
valet
pet sit on a service like Fetch or Rover
Airbnb our place
coolworks.com (seasonal resort style jobs)
UPS package sorter (found elsewhere on this forum, seasonal around the holidays when we likely would never be traveling)

There are some others and i always try to keep an eye open for the "perfect retirement job" which is a bit of an oxymoron. There is no perfect job but there are a lot of good ones, like anything in life all about the tradeoffs and what works for you. Any good options from others?

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #311 on: August 24, 2016, 01:35:29 PM »
paid research studies

I used to do a lot of these in grad school. If you find the right one, it can be as nice as getting paid to take a nap. Sometimes there is even food involved.
I've had some good experiences and perhaps only one/two bad ones, at which point I could easily decline to participate further. It helped that I was on campus all the time, so it was easy to pick up the flyers and get on the right mailing lists.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »
Before yesterday, my FIRE date was (maybe) October 2020, when my husband will turn 65 (I will be a mere lass of 54).

Today?  Try February 20, 2017.

Yesterday I learned that my department, to use the British phrase, is being made redundant.  Why a six month break?  Probably to train our replacements in the Philippines.  When all is said and done, I'll get roughly a year's salary as severance.  When Mr. Mandalay and I counted everything up and realized that FIRE was in our grasp, it was a joyous moment.

Thanks for the invite, Cherry Lane! 

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2016, 08:38:19 AM »
Before yesterday, my FIRE date was (maybe) October 2020, when my husband will turn 65 (I will be a mere lass of 54).

Today?  Try February 20, 2017.

Welcome to the good ship 2017!!

I'm jealous of your redundancy!! :D

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2016, 09:21:01 AM »
*snip*

There are some others and i always try to keep an eye open for the "perfect retirement job" which is a bit of an oxymoron. There is no perfect job but there are a lot of good ones, like anything in life all about the tradeoffs and what works for you. Any good options from others?

I got into real estate as a side gig to accelerate my progress toward FIRE (or whatever else, since it's never been about quitting for me, per se) and now I plan on keeping my license for the rest of my life... it's fun as long as it doesn't get too obligatory. My personality could never handle having to rely on unpredictable sales income to pay the bills, but I genuinely love it. Caveats: I don't like listing/selling homes; I vastly prefer the buyer side. I prefer small homes and fixers - luxury dwellings and the marketing language that comes with them are genuinely nauseating, more so the longer I immerse myself in the low-cost mindset. I picture doing occasional investment or first-time buyer deals with clients I like, just a few hours a week. :)

rahby1us

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »
*snip*

I got into real estate as a side gig to accelerate my progress toward FIRE (or whatever else, since it's never been about quitting for me, per se) and now I plan on keeping my license for the rest of my life... it's fun as long as it doesn't get too obligatory. My personality could never handle having to rely on unpredictable sales income to pay the bills, but I genuinely love it. Caveats: I don't like listing/selling homes; I vastly prefer the buyer side. I prefer small homes and fixers - luxury dwellings and the marketing language that comes with them are genuinely nauseating, more so the longer I immerse myself in the low-cost mindset. I picture doing occasional investment or first-time buyer deals with clients I like, just a few hours a week. :)

Zephyr, how to you manage your hours in that situation? I absolutely love browsing real estate sites, looking for good deals, fixer uppers, even just tracking individual homes that i think are overpriced and the snarky validation i get when they drop the price ("Ha i knew it, but still out of our price range!" haha). The thing that has put me off was i just assumed a lot of (or exclusively) nights and weekends. I can see how going strictly buy side could offer a much greater bit of predictability though. How often do you take on buyers? Where do you get them from? Are you with a firm that allows you to check in/check out? Just a few hours a week sounds like what i put into this "hobby" while avoiding my 9-5 already! :) Thanks for any input!

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »

Zephyr, how to you manage your hours in that situation? I absolutely love browsing real estate sites, looking for good deals, fixer uppers, even just tracking individual homes that i think are overpriced and the snarky validation i get when they drop the price ("Ha i knew it, but still out of our price range!" haha). The thing that has put me off was i just assumed a lot of (or exclusively) nights and weekends. I can see how going strictly buy side could offer a much greater bit of predictability though. How often do you take on buyers? Where do you get them from? Are you with a firm that allows you to check in/check out? Just a few hours a week sounds like what i put into this "hobby" while avoiding my 9-5 already! :) Thanks for any input!
My primary client is my own investing partnerships, so I have complete flexibility there. If I didn't have a day job, it'd mostly happen on weekdays, mid-morning. I've actually delayed one planned acquisition for about a month because I was busy/tired/etc, and nobody got mad or moved to another agent.
I've had a handful of referrals from friends, which is more like work since you're on their schedule, but can still be fun if you like them. Plus, I got here more out of desire to get into energy-related work than to actually leave the workforce, and I'm finding ways to do that via real estate, so I'm pretty open to the "work" thing. I'm feeling my way toward it, but the biggest thing is to not need the 9-5 paycheck (so close!) so I can decide with a clear head.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2016, 11:03:37 AM »
I am adding myself to the class of 2017.  I was in 2016 but from a tax perspective it is better to hang in there until early 2017.  Exact date is yet TBD but it will be early to keep the tax benefits.

rachael talcott

• Bristles
« Reply #318 on: August 28, 2016, 07:14:35 AM »
It's getting real for me.

The new academic year is starting, and I notified the administration that I'm not coming back next year.  In academia, this is pretty standard, as it takes a long time to hire a replacement.  They plan to start the search around Thanksgiving, so I need to go public by then.  I consider graduation to be my retirement date, although I think the fiscal year goes until the end of July, so I might still technically be employed for a bit longer. 

I drove 12 hours to a previous home that has been rented for a decade, fixed it up, and sold it.  The check is in the process of clearing now.

Tickets to Paris in June have been booked.  I'm organizing a trip with a group of friends.   

I won't miss teaching, but I'm a bit sad to lose my research.  Still, there is a possibility of patenting and licensing a bit of biotech, which would be a good way to end.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #319 on: August 28, 2016, 09:11:10 AM »
Holy Shiite, guys... unexpected $4k windfall. That'll help a bit... xD

RedmondStash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #320 on: August 28, 2016, 03:13:55 PM »
It's getting real for me.

The new academic year is starting, and I notified the administration that I'm not coming back next year.  In academia, this is pretty standard, as it takes a long time to hire a replacement.  They plan to start the search around Thanksgiving, so I need to go public by then.  I consider graduation to be my retirement date, although I think the fiscal year goes until the end of July, so I might still technically be employed for a bit longer. 

I drove 12 hours to a previous home that has been rented for a decade, fixed it up, and sold it.  The check is in the process of clearing now.

Tickets to Paris in June have been booked.  I'm organizing a trip with a group of friends.   

I won't miss teaching, but I'm a bit sad to lose my research.  Still, there is a possibility of patenting and licensing a bit of biotech, which would be a good way to end.

That's really exciting -- congrats!

Holy Shiite, guys... unexpected $4k windfall. That'll help a bit... xD

Very nice!

We've decided to move our FIRE date to May 31, 2017, reflected below:

RedmondStash   May 31, 2017
noble_goal         OMY

Nine more months feels like both a lot and not that much, simultaneously. But it does feel good to have a date to aim for.

bigchrisb

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #321 on: August 30, 2016, 12:53:34 AM »
Ok, I'm on this bandwagon with an early July 2017 target. 

I'm 34.  I'm Australian, so all in $AUD. Based on last 3 years expenses have averaged about $50k, which makes for a 2.7% SWR from my portfolio.  Why haven't I jumped already?
- Lots of changes.  About to get married.  Plan on having kids. Recently diagnosed with some nasty health issues. Means I'm not confident what my expenses going forward are
- High pay.  At the moment I'm managing about a 75% savings rate - each extra year adds 3 years safety.  I'm not convinced that if I left I'd be able to come back on the same income.  Better to do one year now than risk three years later.
- The need to deleverage.  I have used investment debt (margin loans and property investment loans) in my accumulation phase.  I've got about $1m in debt against a $~3m portfolio.  I'm comfortable having this debt while I'm on a high income. I'm not so comfortable having it without a big income.  I'd like to get this debt ratio down a bit before pulling the pin.
- Opportunity.  My soon to be wife is being posted overseas for three years starting in July 2017.  That means our accommodation OS will be paid for.  It also gives a plausible reason if I decide RE isn't for me - I can tell my network that I took a three year sabbatical to accompany my spouse overseas. 

Bigchrisb           July 14 2017
noble_goal         OMY

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »
Just re-ran our numbers.  I can't see any financial reason to continue to work past 6-Jun-2017. :)

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #323 on: September 01, 2016, 05:20:56 AM »
Just re-ran our numbers.  I can't see any financial reason to continue to work past 6-Jun-2017. :)

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #324 on: September 07, 2016, 09:06:53 PM »
I'd like to add a little bit of information related to age on this list (for my own info/amusement) - something like this:

MarciaB             January 31, 2017 (at 55)
noble_goal         OMY

Anyone game?

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »
I'd like to add a little bit of information related to age on this list (for my own info/amusement) - something like this:

SwordGuy          June 6, 2017 at 59.
noble_goal         OMY

Anyone game?

MandyM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #326 on: September 08, 2016, 05:44:22 AM »

MandyM            May 1, 2017 (at 38)
noble_goal         OMY

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #327 on: September 08, 2016, 01:14:49 PM »
Same here, as long as I punch before July.

It's still looking good for me... the key for me is side hustles, since 100% FIRE is neither in reach nor desired at this point. As of today, I'm feeling pretty confident about things. Even with some of the best inventory disappearing in the last month, we still have a great real estate market for investment buyers, and that's where I'm carving my niche. Showings and investor meetings both scheduled for next week, and the required income (low five figures, really not much) looks readily achievable.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2016, 02:42:11 PM »
Well fuck, I should stop talking about how good things look. Tenants in one of my rentals called about AC so I sent a guy over... he wants $2100 for a new evaporator coil.

Scrambling for other quotes now....

myhotrs

• Stubble
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »
MrsWhipple        January 1, 2017 (at 32)
Myhotrs             March 31, 2017 at 38
noble_goal         OMY

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #330 on: September 09, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
Metta                January 3, 2017 (at 55)
noble_goal         OMY

easypeasy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
Adding myself to the list with a rough date of March 15. 

Question for the group: Are you signaling your plans directly or indirectly to your employer at this stage?  I had a conversation with my mentor and former boss the other day and I mentioned how proud I was to have had a high savings rate throughout my working career.  Before I knew it we were talking about his retirement planning and I feel like our conversation went right up to the line without me really intending to go there.  I guess it's hard to hide the exuberance I feel at our plans for next spring, but it also seems wrong to do anything other than hint when I'm five months away from resigning. 

easypeasy         March 15, 2017 at 35
noble_goal         OMY

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #332 on: September 10, 2016, 08:48:13 PM »
I've been open with a couple of friends at the office, because I'm a fed and even if it got back to the wrong person, consequences would be minimal. I haven't told my supervisor anything because 1) I'm still not 100% sure of my timeline, and 2) I don't want to be treated any differently for it, regardless of whether it makes things easier or harder for me.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #333 on: September 10, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »
I am joining the list.  I do not have a firm date yet (still working out the details).  But I know is will be before mid-April.

easypeasy         March 15, 2017 at 35
Threshkin          April 15, 2017 (at 59)
noble_goal         OMY

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2016, 08:57:39 PM »
My advice. Say nothing.

In general, I would agree with that.   Don't trust a corporation.  Corporations are legal bodies without a soul.

You might trust individual managers.  But you generally have little to gain.

I will be telling my management about 3-4 months out and giving them a soft exit date, i.e., I'll plan to leave by this date but will stay if there's a problem finding a programmer to replace me in time.
(Not because I'm so awesome, but simply because there are hoops that have to be jumped thru and those hoops take time.  If it was "just a company" I was working for I wouldn't be so nice.)

But that's because (a) I really value what the organization I do work for does and want to make sure they have the staff they need to do their job and (b) it opens up the possibility for part time work there when other folks leave with the standard notice and (c) I have nothing to lose.

I mean, really, it's not like I need a job!   And I'll be FI that much sooner.   The contracting company I work for will want to collect for every possible billable hour, so they won't want to replace me any sooner than they have to.   They'll use it as an opportunity to bill double - for me and my replacement while I bring them up to speed.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2016, 08:59:28 PM »
Government contractor, SG?

RedmondStash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2016, 10:55:52 PM »
Question for the group: Are you signaling your plans directly or indirectly to your employer at this stage?

I am not, partly because it's so far out still, and partly because it's still theoretical.

When spouse & I get within maybe 2-3 months and we decide for sure we're going to pull the cord, I'll probably tell my immediate manager, because I trust him, and I want to give him time to find a replacement. I probably won't tell anyone else until the date is closer. Actually, I won't tell anyone until I am confident that if they usher me out the door that day with instructions never to darken their doorway again, I'll be okay with that financially. (Not that I expect that to happen, but I'm jaded and cynical.)

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
Question for the group: Are you signaling your plans directly or indirectly to your employer at this stage?

I am not, partly because it's so far out still, and partly because it's still theoretical.

When spouse & I get within maybe 2-3 months and we decide for sure we're going to pull the cord, I'll probably tell my immediate manager, because I trust him, and I want to give him time to find a replacement. I probably won't tell anyone else until the date is closer. Actually, I won't tell anyone until I am confident that if they usher me out the door that day with instructions never to darken their doorway again, I'll be okay with that financially. (Not that I expect that to happen, but I'm jaded and cynical.)

Excellent advice.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2016, 11:11:26 PM »
Government contractor, SG?

Yes, indeedy!

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #339 on: September 11, 2016, 11:33:49 AM »
Adding myself to the list with a rough date of March 15. 

Question for the group: Are you signaling your plans directly or indirectly to your employer at this stage?  I had a conversation with my mentor and former boss the other day and I mentioned how proud I was to have had a high savings rate throughout my working career.  Before I knew it we were talking about his retirement planning and I feel like our conversation went right up to the line without me really intending to go there.  I guess it's hard to hide the exuberance I feel at our plans for next spring, but it also seems wrong to do anything other than hint when I'm five months away from resigning. 

I think how this decision is made hinges on a lot of factors.

I told my then manager a little over a year ago that I would leave on November 2 of this year and that I needed his support to get the legacy system I was in charge of retired before I left. (This had been the plan for years but it kept being put off. I hoped that this would add some additional leverage.) When my current manager asked me to come to her team (a year ago) I told her that she may not want me since I planned to retire in November, 2016. She wanted me anyway and moved a few mountains to get me moved to her team. (My previous manager made sure that the legacy system moved with me.)

I've played it straight and have been working a lot of long hours to ensure that my leave-taking is as clean for my company as possible. I've started to tell my end-users of my date so that I can get them accustomed to dealing with other people and deal with any of their issues before I go. Everyone knows my plans from my current manager to senior VPs at my company.

But that is me in this situation. I've been with this company for about twenty years. I'm one of those people who knows a lot of people and a lot of ways to get things done through the bureaucracy. I'm open and generous with my knowledge and time and always have been. Also I'm almost 55 so while this seems early to a lot of people I work with, it doesn't seem like a betrayal. Mostly they want to know how I saved the money. So that's the people side of this.

From the corporate side, I work in a company that doesn't like firing people. There is a tradition here of employees letting management know long in advance of leaving so that arrangements can be made. I've never heard of a single person fired in that situation. So I wasn't particularly worried about that. The downside is that they know that they can overwork me without consequences and that is what is happening right now.

That said, I've worked places where I wouldn't give too much notice because the consequences of how people would treat me or the possibility of getting fired before I wanted to leave were real. Assess things based on the world you work in. Also, make sure that you have your freedom money banked before you open your mouth. This is all a bit easier if you have the money.

easypeasy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #340 on: September 11, 2016, 08:06:37 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone. 

Metta, it sounds like our situations are somewhat similar (I've been at my employer 12 years, I'm well connected, and my company hates firing people) except that I'll be 35 when I retire instead of 55, so it'll be more of a surprise.  On the one hand, being honest would be a relief and allow for more time to plan an orderly exit.  On the other hand, a large portion of my compensation each year is in the form of my year end bonus paid out in January and it seems crazy to bias the decision.  I also don't relish saying goodbye for six months. 

On the balance I'm leaning toward waiting. 

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »

Metta, it sounds like our situations are somewhat similar (I've been at my employer 12 years, I'm well connected, and my company hates firing people) except that I'll be 35 when I retire instead of 55, so it'll be more of a surprise.  On the one hand, being honest would be a relief and allow for more time to plan an orderly exit.  On the other hand, a large portion of my compensation each year is in the form of my year end bonus paid out in January and it seems crazy to bias the decision.  I also don't relish saying goodbye for six months. 

EasyP, If you are leaving in mid-March why not give advance notice the first week in January?  This gives your employer 2.5 months to prepare.

jack06

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »
Added my age and did some alignment. Yeah I'm like that :-)

MrsWhipple       (at 32) January 1, 2017 
FIRE me                  January 3, 2017
Metta            (at 55) January 3, 2017 
Zineth                   January 17, 2017
MarciaB          (at 55) January 31, 2017
rahby1us                 January 31, 2017
easypeasy        (at 35) March 15, 2017   
Myhotrs          (at 38) March 31, 2017   
oblivion                 March 31, 2017
Zephyr911                April 1, 2017
Threshkin        (at 59) April 15, 2017   
Jojo                     April 28, 2017
MandyM           (at 38) May 1, 2017     
Mrs. Pomodoro            May 1, 2017
Rachael                  May 21, 2017
RedmondStash             May 31, 2017
Jack06           (at 42) June 1, 2017     
Fairviewite              June 1, 2017
Romag                    June 1, 2017
SwordGuy         (at 59) June 6, 2017
Charlie Foxtrot          July 1, 2017
Bigchrisb                July 14 2017
Freedom17                July 28, 2017
UnleashHell              July 28, 2017
Cookie78                 August 3, 2017
Jim2001                  December 31, 2017
noble_goal               OMY

Freedom17

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2016, 07:36:08 PM »
Nice work!

Freedom17        (at 38) July 28, 2017
Cookie78                 August 3, 2017

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #344 on: September 12, 2016, 11:16:36 PM »
You all are too organized here. Nice work on the table

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2016, 04:34:44 AM »
For those who were wondering the trick was to us a [ font=courier ] tag followed by a [ / font ] tag.   Just remove the extra spaces so it looks this.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2016, 08:17:03 AM »

Freedom17        (at 38) July 28, 2017
Cookie78         (at 39) August 3, 2017

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2016, 10:40:28 AM »
For those who were wondering the trick was to us a [ font=courier ] tag followed by a [ / font ] tag.   Just remove the extra spaces so it looks this.

Mono spaced fonts line up nicely but they just look so old school!  Green bar reports anyone?

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2016, 11:00:23 AM »

Mono spaced fonts line up nicely but they just look so old school!  Green bar reports anyone?

Well, my weak html skills are not up to this.  I cannot get any of the tab surrogates to work properly.  Looks like a mono spaced font is the best and simplest option.  Thanks SwordGuy.

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2016, 06:59:11 PM »

I think that is sensible. I think your age will make a difference to people in a way that my age does not.