Author Topic: Slow Carb Diet  (Read 1894 times)

MinnieAG

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Slow Carb Diet
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:20:56 PM »
I read Tim Ferriss's "The 4-Hour Body" earlier this year, and my husband and I started Ferriss's "Slow Carb Diet" mid-March. Within three months, we've lost a combined sixty pounds!!! The diet is extremely simple. In essence, you can eat meat, vegetables, and beans six of seven days per week. One day each week (ours is Saturday), you can go crazy and eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want! No limits! Has anyone else tried this diet? Have you seen success? Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

edit: We have not increased our level of physical activity, so our weight loss is strictly from the Slow Carb Diet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:23:50 PM by acgraen »

respond2u

• Stubble
Re: Slow Carb Diet
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »
I had a friend who did something similar, but with a mostly no-carb diet. One of the key things he learned was that to keep losing weight he needed to carbo-load about once every two weeks to replenish some chemical the body needs to burn fat.

He lost a lot of weight quickly (30-40 pounds) and is down about 50 now 18 months later (250ish to 195ish).

Over abundance of simple carbs are the root cause of many of our diseases.

I'll believe Congress is interested in health care when they make sugar a controlled substance.

SquirrelStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Slow Carb Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 07:00:29 AM »
Congrats on the weight loss Minnie!

Agreed on everything respond2u said. I did a very low carb diet for quite a while and you do need a carb load day in there too (once a week for me). I didn't eat any beans on the low carb days though, and as I love beans, I'll take a look at Slow Carb :-)