Author Topic: $50 grocery bill per week  (Read 2000 times)

Druid

• Stubble
$50 grocery bill per week
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »
I am going to limit my grocery bill for myself to $50 a week. This amount includes beverages and condiments. For example it looks like my morning hot chocolate routine is going to cost about $8 to $10 a week since I use whole dark chocolate.

I live in Northern California, so this is about as cheap as I can get while on a healthy well rounded diet. Historically my grocery bill has been between $75 and $100 a week. Eating out is probably between $20 and $60.

Disclaimer: I also am going to have a $25 a week entertainment budget, so that I can do some things with my girlfriend. I am not ready to shock my girl friend with the complete MMM lifestyle make over. So I will have $25 for alcohol, movies, and eating out. All budgets will carryover to future weeks so I can get an occasional bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label:)

I don't know how badass this is, but for me its a huge step in the right direction!

tracylayton

Re: $50 grocery bill per week
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:31:12 PM »
It sounds like it's a good starting place. You have to have some fun! I have a $75 grocery budget per week for my 13 year old and I and $25 eating out. I put any of the luxury items at the end of the conveyor belt. I watch the total as the items are being rung up and if I am going to go over budget, I tell the cashier that I've decided against buying "X" or "Y" today. Good luck. Congratulations on making an effort to improve!